EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Necromancer
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-26-2006, 05:25 AM   #1
evhallion

Loremaster

Now it's bad enough that other classes are being given actual helpful, fully controlable pets for their AP but to also make them AoE immune is getting kinda insulting.

*** Achievements ***- Executioner's Wrath's critical effect will work properly.- Sorcerer achievement familiars are now immune to AoE spells.- Pressure Point is now a melee attack that breaks through the enemy's defense modes.
Old 02-26-2006, 06:58 AM   #2
quamdar

Loremaster

yeah, we are summoners our pets should be the best yet it is other classes that get pets that are AE immune when they just nerfed ours last LU
Old 02-26-2006, 08:09 AM   #3
KBern

Loremaster

I dont think thier familiers do damage but act as a sort of buff, i could be wrong, but that would make sense.

Though it would make sense our dont die too, but what can you do.
Old 02-26-2006, 08:49 AM   #4
evhallion

Loremaster

KBern wrote:
I dont think thier familiers do damage but act as a sort of buff, i could be wrong, but that would make sense.

Though it would make sense our dont die too, but what can you do.

That may be true but if an animated DOT can die by AoE why not a buff? SOE made the rules I just want to see them followed evenly across all classes.
Old 02-26-2006, 11:25 AM   #5
Magu

The familiars are not a DoT.They don't do damage.They are a buff.Swarm pets ARE NOT A DOT.Stop treating them like one.
Magu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2006, 12:59 PM   #6
Xalmat

EQ2Achieve.com

Correct, I don't see any problem here to complain about. Besides, can't mobs just dispel the familiar?

Sess, Conjuror of PermafrostCyanide, Berserker of Permafrost
Xalmat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 06:55 AM   #7
Eriol

Loremaster

Magus` wrote:Swarm pets ARE NOT A DOT.Stop treating them like one.
Ya right. In raids (which is 95% of the times AEs are issues) swarm pets are only DoTs. Only our best DoTs get auto-dispelled often.Real fair there. If we get the shaft, so should they.
Eriol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 09:31 AM   #8
Magu

Eriol wrote:

Ya right. In raids (which is 95% of the times AEs are issues) swarm pets are only DoTs. Only our best DoTs get auto-dispelled often.Real fair there. If we get the shaft, so should they.
If you count your swarm pets as your best, you're doing something wrong...
Old 02-27-2006, 09:48 AM   #9
evhallion

Loremaster

Magus` wrote:

Eriol wrote:

What DOT are you using that parses out higher than the DFs?
Old 02-27-2006, 03:46 PM   #10
Suraklin

Loremaster

evhallion wrote:

Magus` wrote:

Eriol wrote:

What DOT are you using that parses out higher than the DFs?
Magus` isn't one of the smartest summoners in game. Pay him no mind. He's just trying to pad his post count.

Friends don't let friends ask for another classes nerf.
Suraklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 08:32 PM   #11
Magu

evhallion wrote:What DOT are you using that parses out higher than the DFs?
Everything else combined. It's not like you have to pick and choose. You guys focus WAY too much on the silly dumbfires.

Suraklin wrote:
Magus` isn't one of the smartest summoners in game. Pay him no mind. He's just trying to pad his post count.
Apparently I do better then you guys, always whining over a minor DPS drop, or about tank pets not working when I have zero trouble.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:14 PM   #12
quamdar

Loremaster

Magus` wrote:The familiars are not a DoT.They don't do damage.They are a buff.Swarm pets ARE NOT A DOT.Stop treating them like one.
if swarm pets aren't dots then how can you say that a pet with buff is a buff, not a pet, and shouldn't get AEed?and btw [Removed for Content] do you mean by our swarm pets aren't our best dot? what one besides deathrot even comes close to it in DPS because i am not seeing it in my parses where one of those is out DPSing the hounds.  and also i am sure everyone can get by soloing without tank pet taunts but it is a hell of a lot easier when you aren't getting beat on and interrupted the entire time.
Old 02-27-2006, 09:16 PM   #13
KBern

Loremaster

He's not a necro.

He is not processing that necros do not get the non effort damage that conjurers get for thier pets.

Our swamr pets are OUR best dots in many situations...not all though.

It is also why, "he isnt seeing the tank pet issues..."

When mobs hit his pets, or his pets lay off thier proc's to the encounter...that holds agro a bit more than a broken pet taunt that necros have with no other way to keep the swarm of mobs on him.
Old 02-28-2006, 12:36 AM   #14
quamdar

Loremaster

yeah i still hate how consumption is us hitting the mob not pet hitting the mob, would be nice for a little more aggro on solo named mobs when you fight them.
Old 02-28-2006, 08:12 AM   #15
Magu

KBern wrote:
He's not a necro.

He is not processing that necros do not get the non effort damage that conjurers get for thier pets.

When mobs hit his pets, or his pets lay off thier proc's to the encounter...that holds agro a bit more than a broken pet taunt that necros have with no other way to keep the swarm of mobs on him.

I have both a Conjuror and a Necromancer. You lose.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:30 PM   #16
Sosum

General

Magus` wrote:

KBern wrote:
He's not a necro.

[expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] what server you on?//please be mine - i want to duel you so i can learn how best to play my necro.... cause clearly only you know.
Old 03-01-2006, 12:39 PM   #17
Magu

Mistmoore SMILEY
Old 03-01-2006, 08:54 PM   #18
armus5

General

When I saw that about the sorcerer pets I was a bit miffed but then I realized it wasn't their damage pet, but their required AA pet. I'm ok with it but I still feel our pets don't deserve to have their hit points nerfed and then have them made suseptible to AE. With but 100 hitpoints each they are too weak to survive a normal mob's barrage for the full 45 seconds the spell lasts. At the very least, the recast needs to be reasonible.

I'm calling for the recast to be 10 seconds. With a 30 second AE timer on raid mobs (usually), that will allow the pets 18 seconds of chomp time instead of having to wait 1 minute to recast them. (sure you could recast after the first AE + 15 seconds but then they'd only have 15 seconds of chomp time).

10 second recasts is only fair

armus5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2006, 09:04 PM   #19
KBern

Loremaster

Magus` wrote:

KBern wrote:
He's not a necro.

Then you need to learn more about the difference between them.  If you were not seeing a difference then you never even started playing, let alone won or lost.
Old 03-01-2006, 09:46 PM   #20
Ekuthh

Loremaster

*sniffs*

I smells troll bait, maw!  Bring me the shotgun!

Ekuthh is offline   Reply With Quote