EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Necromancer
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-01-2006, 08:43 PM   #31
armus5

General

The hat comes from a signature quest found on the Swiftwind Isle on the chains, a bird named HooLah. Complete the lvl70 quest for the hat. I haven't done it yet, but I'm about 10 steps in. There are lots of good robes in this expansion. I'm using the Robe of Souls I think it's called, 23 int, resists, nice stats, proc is 500 power. Not really a necro robe like that hate reducer is, but it works. So far, all I've seen have 4 disruption. The one in the egg is nice but only 15 int.
armus5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 12:28 AM   #32
danup

Loremaster

Hey Bolverkk awsome look cap! But what I love from ur pics is ur UI! Where did u get it from? Self made or downloaded? if it's on eq2interface could you tell me the name of it? found some similar but not the same... and I really love urs!
danup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:40 PM   #33
Bolver

the UI is called Profit UI you can download it from eq2interface.com to be compatable with the expansion since the developer discontinued developing it , users have kept the project going and makes it work...

BTW... This hat is not the quested one .. I have that one also, This one is much better and if you look at the proc the hat has, it doesn't summon a hooluk which is what the quested ones do SMILEY
Bolver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 03:37 AM   #34
quamdar

Loremaster

i was wondering if anyone could post a little more information about the skywatcher that dropped that raiment of the skywatcher someone posted.  what do you have to kill to get him to pop?  i have killed everything i can find at the top of the temple of scale zone in on temple grounds in tenebrous tangle.  any info on his spawn would be much appreciated.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:00 AM   #35
Selene1

Loremaster

i'd love to tell you but i'm afraid i dont knowto much. Usually theres nothing up at that area ( its allllll the way up top) when i was there with my 60 necro there were some yellow to me droaags, i ddidnt pay much attention at the time and didnt know it was a ring event untill i wastld afterwards sorry SMILEY
Old 03-04-2006, 06:08 AM   #36
hatefullinte

hatefullinte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 11:17 AM   #37
shadowscale

Forum Dragon

question is how the hell is a helm like that going to fit an iksar?
shadowscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 02:23 PM   #38
Sosum

General

shadowscale wrote:
question is how the hell is a helm like that going to fit an iksar?

rofl you should see the dragon's breath armor on a froglok
Old 03-04-2006, 03:21 PM   #39
Nainitsuj

Loremaster

I'm now looking forward to completing that sig quest.  The orange might be a tad bleh.  But the helm rocks anyways.
Nainitsuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 06:48 PM   #40
Lolenlionheart

Loremaster

Bolverkk wrote:
the UI is called Profit UI you can download it from eq2interface.com to be compatable with the expansion since the developer discontinued developing it , users have kept the project going and makes it work...

BTW... This hat is not the quested one .. I have that one also, This one is much better and if you look at the proc the hat has, it doesn't summon a hooluk which is what the quested ones do SMILEY

Ive found the UI on that site, but not an updated one. Where do I find that? :smileysad:
Lolenlionheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 08:40 PM   #41
evhallion

Loremaster

Lolenlionheart wrote:

Bolverkk wrote:

Ive found the UI on that site, but not an updated one. Where do I find that? :smileysad:
Here ya go: http://www.eq2interface.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5737
Old 03-04-2006, 08:57 PM   #42
evhallion

Loremaster

schrammy wrote:

Gratz on the hat AND the lvl SMILEY

Now how about some more info on that robe? ME WANT !!! SMILEY

This is the Robe worn by Bolverkk in his pic above modeling the hat. It drops off the final mob in the Nest of the Great Egg instance in Barren Sky. The proc stats are low I believe cause I'm only lvl 61 at the time.

Old 03-04-2006, 10:35 PM   #43
Xakkoriz

Loremaster

To answer your question about how does it look on an Iksar... the answer is AWESOME. It doesn't stretch at all much... almost the same size as that... think they got it to not have to strech by taking off your crest underneath the helm when you put it on.  If you want to see it on an Iksar go to the Scale Yard and go to the mender and that Iksar Guard outside the mender place has it on...
Xakkoriz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 06:35 PM   #44
Eirgo

Woot!  I finished up the hat quest AND got the Gown of Glory this weekend!!

Im one happy rat :smileyhappy:

The robe's proc gives me 144-160 or so mana per proc - which at 15% proc rate is very nice.

CLASS BUFF/DEBUFF CHARTS
Eirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 08:08 PM   #45
Dalin

General

I nearly have my hat and have the robe, robe by the way now has a +20 int stat instwad of 15 and has a much better proc, don't remember it off hand, anyways screw those for a sec, lets talk about that Sythe and it's stats in the rotating pic above :smileysurprised: That thing loosk sick, can we get some info please?
Old 03-09-2006, 09:29 PM   #46
Eirgo

Ok - so I finally hit 67 and was excited to put on my helm, but I cant seem to get it to show while wearing any of my robes!!  I mainly use the Gown of Glory (pictured above) but when I put /showhood on it just throws the hood of the robe up. 

Is there some option I am missing that will let me wear that robe AND be able to see my helm graphic??  I cant get it to work right with any of my robes :smileysad:

Thanks,

CLASS BUFF/DEBUFF CHARTS
Old 03-10-2006, 01:53 PM   #47
Tharangus

Loremaster

Eirgorn wrote:

Ok - so I finally hit 67 and was excited to put on my helm, but I cant seem to get it to show while wearing any of my robes!!  I mainly use the Gown of Glory (pictured above) but when I put /showhood on it just throws the hood of the robe up. 

Is there some option I am missing that will let me wear that robe AND be able to see my helm graphic??  I cant get it to work right with any of my robes :smileysad:

Thanks,

Did you try /showhelm?  Also, check under the options tab of your Persona window.  There should be a checkbox for this there.
Tharangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 02:40 PM   #48
Boran

Loremaster

Yup, go to the options section of the persona. There is now an option to show hood as well as show helm.
Boran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 06:23 PM   #49
Eirgo

Thanks guys, I had never heard of /showhelm - but it worked like a charm!!!

CLASS BUFF/DEBUFF CHARTS
Old 03-13-2006, 02:25 AM   #50
MadLordOfMilk

Loremaster

Dalinor wrote:
I nearly have my hat and have the robe, robe by the way now has a +20 int stat instwad of 15 and has a much better proc, don't remember it off hand, anyways screw those for a sec, lets talk about that Sythe and it's stats in the rotating pic above :smileysurprised: That thing loosk sick, can we get some info please?
Only scythe I know if is from Vault of the Fallen in FG - saw it EVERYWHERE on the PvP server before they put in the 12hr lockout for the zone lol. Forgot the item name - I'll look it up later.==EDIT==

Message Edited by MadLordOfMilk on 03-12-200601:44 PM

MadLordOfMilk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 04:45 AM   #51
Morticus

Developer

Hey all,

Just an update for those of you that aren't happy with the current adornment on the Cap of the Plague Bringer:

I've gone ahead and removed the old adornment and replaced it with Curse of the Living Dead, the same one found on the Shadowknight helm, the Unholy Helm of the Deathknight.

This should make the cap a bit more viable for those that wish to continue using it.

-Mort

Message Edited by Morticus on 04-04-200605:45 PM

Sony Online Entertainment LLC
"The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know." -Socrates

Morticus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 06:19 AM   #52
Ishbu

Loremaster

Conjuror hat next hopefully since you were just tweaking for this latest hotfix and did nothing about its horrible state.
Old 04-05-2006, 06:43 AM   #53
Named

The hat is being changed into a ~1300 dmg dot over 36? seconds with a 10 minute recast. That is even remotely useful how? Please change this into something like "has a 20% chance to return double the hps on a successfull lifetap" or "8% chance to proc 285 dmg, 90 hp heal lifetap" or "increases the damage of the noxious abilities of the necromancer's pet by 5%"Something cool.
Thank you for atleast looking at it though, but please take the liberty to make it actually usefull.
Named is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 06:48 AM   #54
Qandor

Loremaster

Morticus wrote:
Hey all,

Just an update for those of you that aren't happy with the current adornment on the Cap of the Plague Bringer:

I've gone ahead and removed the old adornment and replaced it with Curse of the Living Dead, the same one found on the Shadowknight helm, the Unholy Helm of the Deathknight.

This should make the cap a bit more viable for those that wish to continue using it.

-Mort

Message Edited by Morticus on 04-04-200605:45 PM

Curse of the Living Dead pretty much stinks out the gym.
Qandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 06:56 AM   #55
MorgothTheTerrib

Mort, any chance Necros can get their own hat graphic instead of the SK one? It's bad enough armor graphics are shared so much, but class hats are supposed to be unique. Fix this and then worry about adornments plz.
Old 04-05-2006, 09:50 AM   #56
Ryc

MorgothTheTerrible wrote:Mort, any chance Necros can get their own hat graphic instead of the SK one? It's bad enough armor graphics are shared so much, but class hats are supposed to be unique. Fix this and then worry about adornments plz.

I think you mean get SKs their own hat graphic instead of the Necro one.
Old 04-05-2006, 12:10 PM   #57
Sonic X

Loremaster

Rycar wrote:

MorgothTheTerrible wrote:Mort, any chance Necros can get their own hat graphic instead of the SK one? It's bad enough armor graphics are shared so much, but class hats are supposed to be unique. Fix this and then worry about adornments plz.

I think you mean get SKs their own hat graphic instead of the Necro one.

No early release pictures showed plate armor wearers who were evil races with this helm which implied it was the SK profession hat. They have already stated they plan on making one unique for every class. Be happy it is easily indentifiable rather then sharing it with allot more people.As for the spell on the helm, make it something moreusefull then it is now. We pretty much have enough power return abilities. Maybe make a spell that puts a dot'ing lifetap on a mob, where it does good damage and returns health on every tick like the drawing of souls spell or something else. If it is simular to the sk one i would assume it does more damage or maybe add a lifetap?

Message Edited by Sonic X on 04-05-200601:12 AM

Sonic X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 04:47 PM   #58
KBern

Loremaster

Um speak for yourself please.

I think every necro besides you so far loves this hat that I have heard or read from.

Please dont change it one bit.

Old 04-05-2006, 05:53 PM   #59
MorgothTheTerrib

"I think every necro besides you so far loves this hat that I have heard or read from."

Forgot to mention that I'm an SK. :smileytongue: This hat should be SK only as it makes no since for a plate class and a mage class to have the same graphic. I was so happy to be the first on my server to get the hat, and now I get to see Necros and SKs running around in it. :smileyindifferent: Either way, the proc is useless regardless of class.

Old 04-05-2006, 05:56 PM   #60
KBern

Loremaster

You tricksy SK you!

:smileytongue: