EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Necromancer
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-21-2006, 08:10 PM   #1
armus5

General

The Intel line might be ok to increase our dps, but it wouldn't be by much. The wisdom line looks ok, but I wouldn't put all my points into it. Anyone know the effects of halfing your ranks? The Stamina line is pretty bad. The unflinching servant would be too restrictive to use. Best case is what? you know a raid mob is going to AE so you nerf the pet to survive it, but afterwards the pet is too weak to matter? I'd rather implode. Which brings me to the strength line, not bad. The parry thing would have to be uber to matter and since it isn't you can forget about it. The dumbfire annimated dagger seems to have a real short durration and stupidly long recast, so here's hoping it does good dps. Implode seems still good for a raid and would love to know if the 4.5% spell crit increase is worth a [expletive haxx0red by Raijinn]. Best part of course is Implode and the crit chance don't care what pet or weapon you use. The agility line is fair at best. The teleporting the pet thing is a who cares - I'm not pulling a mob half a screen away with an assassin pet. The avoidance add is useless cause I'm not tanking with my assassin pet. The decrease threat is fair but they don't usually pull agro (Nightshade Master 1 JUST DOESNT DROP) The melee crit chance would have to be proven a significant upgrade to matter.
My overall grading is:
Strength: B -
Agility: C
Stamina: D+
Wisdom: C+
Intelligence: B
armus5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2006, 09:44 PM   #2
Whimpl

Since Ive read you can go for 2 lines,

Im looking at

1.)Strength
2.)Intelligence
Whimpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:14 AM   #3
Eirgo

I'll admit I havent spent a ton of time looking over the AA's - but so far Im not too impressed with the end of the line spells like Implode.  The Shadowstep would be cool to pull mobs with as long as terrain didnt matter.  You could just start casting summon servant then shadowstep your pet to the mob for a quick slap before he gets summoned back to you.

Other than that I like the passive abilities mainly (+% to stances and crits etc).  Not really sure what route Im going to go yet though.

CLASS BUFF/DEBUFF CHARTS
Eirgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 05:43 AM   #4
soulrais

think im more partial to wis line
Old 02-22-2006, 09:55 AM   #5
cwelsh

Loremaster

For me the obvious choice is the Int path.  I always use the mage pet for raids and the ability to throw a leash on my pet and hopefully keep it out of the ae radius is a plus.
cwelsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:05 PM   #6
thermoorion72

I thought the shockwave spell in the stamina line looked pretty good, specialy since it last 3 mins. I'll probaly mix and match some lines, they said your choices arent permenet, I just dont know how to reset them yet. But, I imagine  youll have plenty of time to fool around with it once you get enouph AA points to play around with.
thermoorion72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:37 PM   #7
schrammy

Loremaster

Anyone upset about the fact that the first, obligatory, AA point is wasted on a fluff spell?

I mean, ok it was nice to take control over the minion, and see its spells etc. But whats the point?

it lasts 30 seconds and its on a 3 minute recast. It cannot be used for scouting since the mobs will use aggro rules as to your main and 30 seconds aint much. Other mages get aggro reducers etc. I feel this one just sucks.

Maybe i should also add that i really do not like the necro aa lines all together.

schrammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:50 PM   #8
Deson

Loremaster

Yes. But, at least it's not a combat move speed increase. Actually I keep looking  at empower servant trying to figure out how long til it's nerfed.
I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom. I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom.I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom.I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom.I will not let Domino break...
Deson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 12:59 PM   #9
schrammy

Loremaster

Whats to nerf about empower servant?

It is a nerf on its own SMILEY. They removed the "root" so itll go in melee again and die anyway, who cares if the pet gets 50 power cheaper spells.

schrammy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:52 PM   #10
animalm

noob question - just started eq2 - what is an AA line?
animalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 01:57 PM   #11
Deson

Loremaster

Warlock casts for 30% less power,perm buff and that  30% goes right into it's health. Combined with the rest of the skills in that set, it's just plain nice.
I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom. I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom.I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom.I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom.I will not let Domino break...
Old 02-22-2006, 02:00 PM   #12
Deson

Loremaster

they are actually called achievement here. AA were in eq1 but since there are so many former players here, the more familar and easier to type AA is being used. They are skill points you start to gain at 20(if you have Kingdom of Sky)that you can spend on specail skills to customize your character.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:32 PM   #13
animalm

thanks.
animalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 04:33 PM   #14
Suraklin

Loremaster

All I know is the Class Mastery(different name for AA's basically) choices in EQOA seemed better than what they're throwing to us in this game. Sad when a PS2 MMO has better AA's than this game.

Friends don't let friends ask for another classes nerf.
Suraklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2006, 08:35 PM   #15
armus5

General

From looking  at the intel line I didn't see a pet root. Of course it's needed as the thing runs toe to toe with any mob and dies when even KoS trash mobs AE. I'm still holding my points, waiting to see if the dev's will rethink what's going on. Of course I know better. The direct dps increase of the intel line is about the best so far. With tank pets not holding agro, I'm also leaning to that line. who knows. Might go wisdom, it's not horrible.
armus5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 12:35 AM   #16
Za

General

Whimplow wrote:
Since Ive read you can go for 2 lines,

Im looking at

1.)Strength
2.)Intelligence

deceptive... You can not max out 2 lines... you can get to the last spell in two lines of you half asz it through both lines... If you completely max out any line, you only end up with enough points to do a few other low end skills/statsPersonally, I'm planning to max out the str line completely. That is unless I find that the crit AA doesn't add damage to nukes.
Za is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 12:57 AM   #17
cfteagu

I was looking at the AA lines last night.  I noticed 2 changes since the beta posts

A) the mage pet boost no longer roots the mage pet to keep it out of combat.  Which was the only reason it looked interesting to me.

B) there was a spell that traded the pet's hps to give MANA to your selected target.  Would have been a good way to help the healer or tank out, when they are low but the rest of the group is ready to go.   But now it trades the pet health to give Health to your target.  Which is not very interesting, I can heal with my own spells already, and its rare that I really need to heal the tank unless the healer is LD.

To be honest, I didn't see a single AA ability that looked like it was worth getting.  The +int passive ability is ok, but why do we only get like 30 int, when the str line gives like 70 str?

I shouldn't complain about something extra, after all, even a free penny is more than nothing.  But its not gonna pay the mortage...   If they wanted to give us fluff spells, they could have just called them fluff.

Anyways, please someone, find something *really good* in our AAs, and prove me wrong.  Honestly would be glad
cfteagu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 04:45 AM   #18
Za

General

All the AAs are good enough to make a difference but we DON'T want them having to base the rest of the game on having (or just as bad) not having a specific AA. set. So no, none of the AAs is so earth shattering that you must have it, but almost all of them imrpove your char in some way. Calling them fluffs is just plain wrong.

They aren't trying to pay your mortgage.

Old 02-24-2006, 10:28 AM   #19
badgerch

as i got nightshade master(fr 6 plat from broker lol) i had to choose cabalist. thought it was rubbish but necessary at the time bu tbh it seems great

cant wait to get to that hate debuff tho.

badgerch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 02:53 PM   #20
Allowen

Loremaster

The scout pet is the one we use the most on xp groups and raids (at last I use it more) so I am going for the cabalist/+agil line first.

The str line is good only for the critical hits for the caster and the last skill of that line is also great, ..pet is low hp then just turn it into a bomb before next aoe from mob kills it anyways.

But I preaty much like the +sta line(2nd position for me after +agil line)cause it raises all our pets in defense and dps, I will probably get two skills lv 8 on that line  and the +int skills is the worst line of skills for me, they were uber on beta but now they stink.

Allowen

Mistmoore server

Lords of the triple moons

Allowen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 05:12 PM   #21
Naud

Loremaster

Well I noticed that the last one for Stam has a stifle for your pet that doesnt seem to be halted for epics... stifle for epics = good deal to me... lets just hope I dont waste all those points for it not to work on epics... maybe someone can confirm this?
Naud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 07:52 PM   #22
Deson

Loremaster

You read that wrong. It stifles the pet not the epic.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:15 PM   #23
Naud

Loremaster

Booooo SMILEY well that stinks

Naud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2006, 09:33 PM   #24
quamdar

Loremaster

i am not really impressed with many of the AAs really, alot of them seem to be really really pointless.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:40 PM   #25
Kulaf

Loremaster

How about this build for a Tank pet soloer:

Possess Minion 1

Animist's Wisdom 4

Minion's Barrier 8

Perceptor's Stamina 4

Perceptor's Bodyguard 4

Shock Wave 8

Perceptor's Command 5

Theurgist's Strength 4

Dagger Parry 4

Animated Dagger 8

Message Edited by Kulaf on 02-24-200609:42 AM

Message Edited by Kulaf on 02-24-200609:44 AM

Old 02-24-2006, 11:36 PM   #26
Thay

General

I want an AA line that prevents zone crashes
Old 02-25-2006, 02:39 AM   #27
Errie_Tholluxe

Loremaster

Actually , I think I am looking at like two down into the rogue pet, 3 down into the tank pet, and maybe 3-4 points into the heal from the pet, as it seems to be the best way to spend the points...NONE of the finals are worth it imho, but then again, I only got to test 4 of the lines before they removed my free aa's in beta
Old 02-25-2006, 03:15 AM   #28
Nyri

Yeah, personally, I don't like too many of the end abilities.  The AOE nuke one is nice, but I can't see myself spending all those points just to get that. 

I'll probably just end up mixing and matching some.  Probably throw some in the agil, wis and maybe the int line.  Spend 4 on some, and 8 in other abilities that I particularly like.  Spending 8 points for the final ability just seems to be a waste to me for all of them.
Nyri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 03:46 AM   #29
Za

General

Nyrill wrote:
Yeah, personally, I don't like too many of the end abilities.  The AOE nuke one is nice, but I can't see myself spending all those points just to get that. 

I'll probably just end up mixing and matching some.  Probably throw some in the agil, wis and maybe the int line.  Spend 4 on some, and 8 in other abilities that I particularly like.  Spending 8 points for the final ability just seems to be a waste to me for all of them.

The thing is... it's all free You don't loose anything just assigning the free points you get every now and them for doing things you normally do anyway, to specific AA pools.But I actually agree with you on 1 thing. None of the finals seem worthy of 8 concidering they don't upgrade. I'm really concidering getting alot of tier 3-4 abilityies and not maxing out any of them.
Old 02-28-2006, 06:30 AM   #30
quamdar

Loremaster

i just wish they wouldn't have changed magic leash that was actually a nice ability in beta and so was minion's warding.  think i am going for the crit chance increase max that out then go for maybe shockwave then i dunno what not really many other good ones there that i see.

Message Edited by quamdar on 02-27-200608:32 PM