EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Fighter's Arena > Guardian
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-20-2006, 06:48 AM   #1
armus5

General

I finally did it and boy am i surprised. I betray to zerker and it's amazing. Yes friends, and let me tell you it wasnt easy. You have to do 12 solo instances with the potential for ads as every turn. And for me, two white con solos is too much at lvl53.

There's a trick to betraying though, until SOE nerfs it.

The bottom line is after all is said and done, I walked into RV as a zerker with app1 spells and right off the bat killed a green heroic. Oh sure, it's green and no big deal, but my guard could never have done it. I'm pulling off insane dps with auto attack that my guard would have had to spam for. It's really nice and I recommend it to anyone.
armus5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 06:50 AM   #2
TanRaistlyn

Loremaster

No thanks enjoy your new toon.
TanRaistlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:39 AM   #3
danmuntz

Loremaster

armus550 wrote:

The bottom line is after all is said and done, I walked into RV as a zerker with app1 spells and right off the bat killed a green heroic. Oh sure, it's green and no big deal, but my guard could never have done it. I'm pulling off insane dps with auto attack that my guard would have had to spam for. It's really nice and I recommend it to anyone.

Sounds to me like you didn't know how to play your guard.  I can solo green ^^^ heroics all day long with mine.That said, have fun being a zerker, hope that class fits you better.

danmuntz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:26 AM   #4
Sirlutt

Loremaster

same here.i noticed a world of diff betraying my ranger to assassin .. but for the job i'm doing i dont think the Zerker would be an upgrade.good luck though.

I heart DE Broads
Sirlutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 08:50 AM   #5
beliker

I had accually planned to betray from Zerker to Guard, but alas its on a pvp server and im terribly lazy so I decided not too =p
beliker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 09:45 AM   #6
Eiser

Loremaster

Good luck and enjoy. But I am Guardian. Yesterday, today and tomorrow.

Eiser

Wächter und Holzarbeiter

Guardian and Woodworker

Ihr sagt zu {np,sx=m}\22150|(get),"In Ordnung."
Eiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:39 AM   #7
Ragganar

Loremaster

The thing with guardians is u Really need to know how to play them.
the class isnt easy.
but i know that when u learn the class , the spell timers , how to time your group buffs and defensive buffs and the right combination on offensive spell + which to upgrade. u fall inlove with the class.
gurdian is not for everyone.
i love mine.
Ragganar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 10:43 AM   #8
Docimodo

Loremaster

<3 guardian  SMILEY
Old 06-20-2006, 11:20 AM   #9
KeandraD

Loremaster

Well, I play my guardian just as I play my zerker SMILEY Perhaps it'll change when I come up a few more levels, only 25 atm, but I'm ninjapulling like crazy and let the dps finish the job SMILEY (zerker with one-hander and shield aint much of dps either)

Ragganar wrote:
the class isnt easy.
but i know that when u learn the class , the spell timers , how to time your group buffs and defensive buffs and the right combination on offensive spell + which to upgrade. u fall inlove with the class.
i love mine.

KeandraD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 04:39 PM   #10
Terron

Loremaster

danmuntz wrote:
Sounds to me like you didn't know how to play your guard.  I can solo green ^^^ heroics all day long with mine.

With App 1 spells? I can kill most green ^^^ heroics with my guard, but I have mostly adept Is with a few adept IIIs.

Terron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:06 PM   #11
Berek_IronAxe

Loremaster

Good Luck with your Zerker - But Guard's rock -Will be one until they throw me out of the game.  Green Heroics are easy with a Guard but thats neither here nor there.  Have fun and see you on the Battlefield.
Nektulos Server
Berek_IronAxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 07:57 PM   #12
Wasuna

Loremaster

Ragganar wrote:
the class isnt easy.
i love mine.

Oh please. If you really have to know how to play a Guardian to be able to do something a total newbie in a different class can do with all ap 1's then that says something right there.

Old 06-20-2006, 07:59 PM   #13
Peloton

Loremaster

Can I have your stuff?.............................doh wrong response again.

Good luck with your new class,

Old 06-20-2006, 11:14 PM   #14
Ep

General

if you betrayed to zerker, read thishttp://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=4&message.id=23418
Old 06-21-2006, 12:51 AM   #15
digitalblasphemy

Loremaster

Betrayed and loving it.  I was always a more offensive Guardian anyway so really probably should have chosen to be a Zerker from day one.  I do take more damage as a Zerker, but that's prob down to me being in offensive and having a buckler equipped.  But to the comments about not knowing how to play your class, that's not really the case.  I noticed an improvement as a new Zerker with only App1 spells while soloing vs my Adept3s/Masters as a Guard.  I had 1000hp less than my Guard, less avoidance and yet I was in better shape than in previous times soloing as a Guard.  This isn't down to skill, it's down to the spells.  So any notion that you are a noob or don't know how to play your class is not correct.  Anyway, I'm very very happy after the betrayal, apart from losing my Buddy.
digitalblasphemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 06:32 PM   #16
R2Chie

General

glad to see you saw the light SMILEY
Old 06-23-2006, 10:03 PM   #17
JNewby

Loremaster

danmuntz wrote:

armus550 wrote:

Sounds to me like you didn't know how to play your guard.  I can solo green ^^^ heroics all day long with mine.

That said, have fun being a zerker, hope that class fits you better.

uhh not realls as he obviosuly doesnt know how to play his zerker and has all app1 spells... it is obvious it is easyier for that class....
JNewby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 10:06 PM   #18
Grey-Cat

Loremaster

I also betrayed my guard to a zerker and am very happy with the change. I was able to do something with my brand new zerker I was never able to do with my guard. I beat the champion in splitpaw. I mst have tried that 15 times back before I quit playing my guard. I did it with my zerker and I haven't even learned how to play her at all yet. To those of you who are considering betraying your guard, I would defiantely say go for it. I certinaly don't regret it.
Grey-Cat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 07:19 PM   #19
Raahl

Loremaster

You do realize that light is the Sony Nerf train, right?  SMILEY

Have fun while it lasts.

Cougaar - 90 Dirge

Corwin - 90 Guardian

Raahl - 30 something Templar

Kilped - 70'ish Ranger
Raahl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 07:28 PM   #20
Terron

Loremaster

The Splitpaw champion was not a serious problem for my guard, though I was in my last 40s when I got the pack. I can solo most ^^^ green heroics. though I tend not so as they take so long. There were some in RV that would beat me even though I was 10 levels higher. I haven't been there for a couple of levels though,

Terron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 08:12 PM   #21
Storm_Runner

Loremaster

I switched my guard to a zerker also and so far I'm liking it.  I decided to do it for a couple of reasons.  First is I solo a lot so being able to kill faster helps a lot.  The 2nd reason is that, after playing many alts, I discovered I just prefer that more offensive role.  That's really all it boils down to for any of us really.  We find the class/play style that fits us and then we run with it.
Residents of Butcherblock
Storm_Runner is offline   Reply With Quote