EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Brigand
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-06-2010, 04:09 PM   #1
Apiar

Lord

New to EQ2 and playing a brigand.  Question: To max DPS do I want quick weapons (like 1.4 on daggers) or somethingwith a speed slower?

Apiar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:48 PM   #2
Bloodclaws

Lord

I'd recommend dual wielding 4.0s. Havoc is a 4.0 so you might as well get used to it. The best advice I can give from a dps standpoint is to get those aa's up, get an auto attack timer going, and get a good casting order.

Your auto attack is your bestest good buddy, always time it to where you don't miss one. 

Good gear helps tremendously as well.

Bloodclaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:18 AM   #3
Dareena
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Dark Prophecy

Loremaster

As stated above, our Epic is a 4.0 delay.  In fact, basically any scout weapon of value from 80+ is a 4.0 delay.  So as it was already recommended, try to use 4.0 delay Mastercrafted weapons (one slashing and one piercing) while you level up.  (I'm blanking on which weapons those would exactly be.)

Also in the Items forum, the subject of weapon speed came up a couple of weeks back.  Though I don't like or agree with every response in this thread, it should cover your questions.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=477397

Dareena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:16 AM   #4
gatrm

Loremaster

4 second delay is where you will want to be at level cap.

Until you get a few levels and a decent haste item, you will want to be closer to 2-3s, for the same effective delay as those 4s weapons will give you at 90.  When you are starting out, and have no haste, 4s is a bit long, but once you have haste, anything less than 4s is too short.

gatrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 02:46 PM   #5
Apiar

Lord

Thanks all for the insight.  Noticed a difference once I made the change!

Apiar is offline   Reply With Quote