EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Ranger
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-27-2005, 07:37 PM   #1
Axor

Loremaster

Is there any t6 fabled bow?

where does it drop if there is?

cant find any.
Axor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2005, 10:31 PM   #2
Siphar

Loremaster

I want a peacoc quest to yield a "Bow" not another silly duel wield.

I havent seen any T6 bows either - since that is our main weapon - just seems silly.

Maybe SoE will include a class specific epic at some point- just hope there ie enough population to get them...

Siphar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 12:45 AM   #3
donniegibler

General

I have a t6 fable longbow.  It is called Darkfury Longbow and it drops in Poets Palace the Return from the black queen

Catalyst Stormfeathers
Ethereal Legacy
Shadowhaven
donniegibler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2005, 01:28 AM   #4
NovacaineExpre

Cool, mind sharing a screenshot for that?  I have been wondering this myself and have only heard rumors but have not seen it yet.

Askol ~ 60 Ranger

Lucan D'Lere

Old 12-28-2005, 11:52 PM   #5
A

Darkfury longbow does not have a proc and as such is quite useless and still inferior to imbued ironwood...
A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 12:29 AM   #6
donniegibler

General

I dont know where u guys get off saying darkfury long bow is inferior to ironwood.  I know for a fact its not if u have the right gear setup.  I have a 12 percent t5 fable proc weapon along with my pgt.  That combination with my darkfury longbow i get amazing dps.  My dps is at least 500 more then any other ranger in guild that uses imbued ironwood so i  know for a fact that if u have the right combination of weapons in slots it is alot better then imbued ironwood .  my highest dps with this bow is 3645 and i can constantly sustain avg 1200 dps with this bow in any t6 raid

Catalyst Stormfeathers

Retired lvl 60 ranger

shadowhaven 

donniegibler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 01:31 AM   #7
arkkon

Loremaster

Shadowhaven server , no credibility.

Darkfury is simply the 1st t6 fabled bow.

There will be others and if not there will be an expansion with others.

Darkfury has no proc so we hate it SMILEY.

3465 dps or watever.

7k dps on that solo mob i killed in one hit.

Pathfinder Sakir Shadow

The Downward Spiral

60 Ranger

arkkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 01:49 AM   #8
Crychtonn

Loremaster

Valian bow is still the best in my opinion.

Crychtonn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 02:53 AM   #9
Jay

General

I like cheese!!
Old 12-29-2005, 03:36 AM   #10
Te

General

I hope its not that moldy old french kinda cheese jay;P

Oh what a cheesy jokeSMILEY

*Friends are forever, diamonds are sold*
Te is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 06:29 PM   #11
Siphar

Loremaster

just saw a screenie of the dark fury bow.. +22str +22agi 70hp 80power or abouts .. with a 61ish damage rating which is +18 up or so on ironwood. And therefore imo is superior to ironwood. Esepcially when you take into the extra +8str and +8 agi.
Siphar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2005, 08:16 PM   #12
Fennir

Loremaster

Damage rating = autoattack damage, nothing else. Bow autoattack damage works out to be about the same percentage of my DPS as my Gleaming Strike bow proc does (between 4 and 6%). Which means a bow without a proc is a very bad choice for a ranger.  I would turn it down in a heartbeat.

Message Edited by Fennir on 12-29-2005 10:16 AM

Message Edited by Fennir on 12-29-2005 10:16 AM

Old 12-29-2005, 08:39 PM   #13
Jay

General

Ironwood has the advantage of being available to the common man. I'm not setting my hopes on any Fabled bow, Valian or Darkfury. I looooove my ironwood longbow.
Old 12-29-2005, 11:17 PM   #14
Nak

General

donniegibler21 wrote:
I have a t6 fable longbow.  It is called Darkfury Longbow and it drops in Poets Palace the Return from the black queen

Catalyst Stormfeathers
Ethereal Legacy
Shadowhaven

do you mean black queen from courts of al'afraz? or is there another in pp the return?
Nak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 12:44 AM   #15
arkkon

Loremaster

Hes from shadowhaven.  Give him a break.
Its possible he bought his ranger last week :/

Pathfinder Sakir Shadow
The
Old 12-30-2005, 12:44 AM   #16
arkkon

Loremaster

Hes from shadowhaven.  Give him a break.
Its possible he bought his ranger last week :/

Pathfinder Sakir Shadow
The Downward
Old 12-30-2005, 01:05 AM   #17
King Leor

First of all 3645 DPS on what mob? Certainly not a t6 raid mob for the full duration of the fight. Secondly it's all well and good you have 12% proc wep and a PGT to go with your bow. That only means your missing out on an extra proc with your bow, which doesn't make it as good as a iron wood bow or the valian which IMO is still the best bow in the game. I have a 12% proc sword and a 10% proc shield, and I still woudln't take Darkfury as it has no proc. DMG rating means crap on a bow as it only affects auto attack. And why use the PGT unless your trying to gain power back after dying? If your using it for added proc dmg than I can understand why you are happy with the Darkfury not having a proc either. And as for the other rangers in your guild doing 500 less DPS, that means they aren't too good at playing their class. It's certainly not that bow you have with no proc that is making up for 500 DPS. I dont have the darkfury, I consistantly so 1200 DPS or more. So ya. along with 95% of other rangers I say it sux until it gets a proc. Pre expansion you didn't see any ranger running around with a pristine conditioned yew longbow because of the better stats and DMG rating did ya? Unless you happened to be one off those people. And as for the Black Queen being in Poets Return? I suggest looking for her in Al'Afaz. Lol. that says it all. Enjoy your non proccing bow.

Leoric
Level 60 ranger

King Leor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 02:22 AM   #18
Teksun

Loremaster

First: I have my Ironwood Longbow and I love it Second: Would I give is up for a fabled that had better stats, did more damage, and wasn't imbued? In a heartbeat

Nerf the Hobbits
Teksun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 03:58 AM   #19
Gareorn

Loremaster

Jay42 wrote:
I looooove my ironwood longbow. 

Jay...  That's just a little weird. 

/em nervously steps away from the big cat with the longbow.:smileyhappy:
Old 12-30-2005, 04:24 AM   #20
Jay

General

Gareorn wrote:

Jay42 wrote:
I looooove my ironwood longbow. 

Jay...  That's just a little weird. 

/em nervously steps away from the big cat with the longbow.:smileyhappy:

No no, honey, don't listen to them... they just don't understand us. Daddy's here to make it allll better.
Old 12-30-2005, 05:48 AM   #21
black_cap

Loremaster

T6 imbued > T6 non proc fabled.
black_cap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2005, 11:20 AM   #22
Evolution8

To those of you who actually think that the darkfury bow is better then imbued for us as rangers might as well reroll a dif class, youve completely missed the power of a ranger. Now im not 100% positive but since last lu patch doesnt using a non procing weapon in any slot other then primary stop you from procing poisons? Ive always just used my imbued ironwood so i havent tested this. The rest of what i would say has already been summed up by leoric and fennir
Old 01-01-2006, 03:09 PM   #23
Gailstryd

General

If for some odd reason you are raiding and you don't have fabled weapons already, but rather are still using your t6 imbued dualies or at least one of them then there is no reason whatsoever why you shouldn't take Dark Fury over your imbued ironwood.  Only 1 instance of the imbued proc will ever proc so you only need it on 1 of your weapons to get the full effect from it and since the Dark Fury has better stats imho and has far better dmg if you still have a t6 imbued dual wield weapon and you have a chance to get Dark Fury, get it you won't be losing anything.  I'd recommend holding onto your imbued ironwood though just incase you come across a duel wield weapon that is going to be worth putting aside your Dark Fury and imbued dualie combo.
Gailstryd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2006, 11:24 PM   #24
Fennir

Loremaster

Gailstryder wrote:If for some odd reason you are raiding and you don't have fabled weapons already, but rather are still using your t6 imbued dualies or at least one of them then there is no reason whatsoever why you shouldn't take Dark Fury over your imbued ironwood.  Only 1 instance of the imbued proc will ever proc so you only need it on 1 of your weapons to get the full effect from it and since the Dark Fury has better stats imho and has far better dmg if you still have a t6 imbued dual wield weapon and you have a chance to get Dark Fury, get it you won't be losing anything.  I'd recommend holding onto your imbued ironwood though just incase you come across a duel wield weapon that is going to be worth putting aside your Dark Fury and imbued dualie combo.

Wrong. Only certain legendary and fabled melee weapons proc off our bow, and gleaming strike imbued crafted weapons are not incuded in that list.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:30 AM   #25
Sete Soujiro

Loremaster

Little derail here, but does anybody know if slime coated harpoon will proc off bow?
Old 01-02-2006, 10:42 AM   #26
King Leor

Well, for one, anything will proc off of your bow. secondly if your in a guild that is killing the black queen I would hope to god that you at least have some t5 fabled with procs. cuz if you do than the dark fury is useless as it has no proc. So most people wont be using the t6 imbued weps if they have t5 fabled with procs. If they do use the t6 imbued over the t5 fabled with procs than they aren't too bright. This really only goes for rangers though. as I would understand other classes liking the dark fury longbow.

Leoric
Level 60 ranger

Old 01-03-2006, 06:44 PM   #27
Gailstryd

General

Haha one I know for a fact my imbued dual wield weapons proc off my bow because I still use a non imbued ironwood i had made before they could be imbued.  I use it on raids when I forget to repair my armor along with my resist gear to avoid going naked in the middle of a tough instance and i have had the imbued proc off my t6 crafted a lot so your list must me wrong.  As to Leoric hehe that is assuming you are lucky enough to have ever gotten a fabled weapon.  I raid quite abit, about 4 nights a week, but that still isn't anywhere near what most hard core raiding guilds do and in all the time from day 1 to now playing I've never won a single fabled weapon and I've only seen 2 good scout fabled weapons drop and only one had a proc.  I don't mean to be cynical or rude but given the everybody gets something fair nature of my raid force, I compete with 6 other scouts for gear and don't get to see much more than the occasional peace now and again let alone enough to be having several sets of fabled weapons on me.  In all it boils down to a matter of opinion and preference, if I ever see Dark Fury drop and I still have my current weapon set up I'll roll on it in a heart beat and I'll be a better Ranger for it guaranteed.  Someone go find me a fabled weapon lol.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:30 PM   #28
Teksun

Loremaster

Evolution890 wrote:To those of you who actually think that the darkfury bow is better then imbued for us as rangers might as well reroll a dif class, youve completely missed the power of a ranger. Now im not 100% positive but since last lu patch doesnt using a non procing weapon in any slot other then primary stop you from procing poisons? Ive always just used my imbued ironwood so i havent tested this. The rest of what i would say has already been summed up by leoric and fennir

Gee... how l33t I personally have no problem with my 'power', and I wouldn't mind this bow at all.

Nerf the Hobbits
Teksun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2006, 01:56 AM   #29
King Leor

Gailstryder, what I would suggest, is if your raiding T6 stuff, good luck getting a t6 fabled wep with proc. they are rare as hell. My suggestion is that after you are done raiding t6 stuff take 2 groups and go kill t5 epics. As a ranger the best weps you can get are prolly from them due to their procs and stats that are just as good as t6 fabled without the damage rating. but if using bow only your damage rating wont matter on your melee weps. And work towards getting your prismatic if ya dont already have it. Has good stats and good proc. Prismatic 2.0 doesn't proc on bow so no luck with that. Some weps I would suggest are, Ancient combine long sword (drops off tremblar in zek instance), sabre of the story teller (drops off the CT drakota while doing prismatics quest) iridescent weps will drop off vision of vox. All these will drop some nice scout weps worth using with a proccing bow so you will have 3 different procs. Also getting the shield from Zalak is a good idea but good luck on that one..lol.

Leoric
Level 60 ranger

Old 01-04-2006, 10:36 AM   #30
Gailstryd

General

Yeah i hear you on getting the Zalak shield I tried forever to get that thing before DoF partly because before they changed him that was one of the few raids we could do.  I get into the 2 to 3 group raids on old world stuff but my raid force usually doesn't organize them and so they are usually half way pick up raids with a somewhat greater chance than a snow ball in hell at succeeding.  I got prismatic, but I still use one my imbued cobalt in my other hand because I have the worst luck ever and even if I do see somethign I never win lol.  Im glad the new expansion is coming out because to be honest I'd rather take my long shot and hope for some loot from there since I can't seem to get anything t5 or t6.  I'll try to take some of your advice and get into more t5 raids, my guild has two raid forces Strike and Guard, strike being the 6 day a week 5+hrs a day raid force and and Guard being the 4 days a week 3 hr ish raid force which I'm in.  Strike has some peeps that get together from time to time for t5 stuff I'll have to see if i can get in on some of it with them.