EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Items and Equipment
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-24-2012, 08:26 PM   #1
Irgun

Loremaster

http://u.eq2wire.com/item/index/2886281467

Will only heal up on regular melee-damage and even there not procing on big hits, not taking additional damage-procs into account, not taking aoes into account, not taking coop-strikes into account, not taking ticking dots into account - its very broken atm.

Also spell description doesnt say "on any damage" but only "on damage" - maybe this is the reason it wont trigger.

Irgun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 03:23 PM   #2
Irgun

Loremaster

It often doesnt proc for the first 3-5s then suddendly procs a few times and stops till buff has ran out (yes, hits were incoming and didnt get healed up).

Furthermore: I think a change to have a 100% DR instead of a wonky +110% heal on hits should work more reliable, just sayin.

Old 09-28-2012, 04:09 PM   #3
Hennyo

Loremaster

You do realize that it is a heal and not a DR, that was it can't be used as a death prevent? That type of change would completely and totally rework the purpose the effect. The cloak should still do what it says tho, and the fact that it doesn't is a bug. There are thing out there that heal everything you said in the first post except ticking dots, nothing heals ticking dots.
Hennyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:11 AM   #4
Irgun

Loremaster

Of course I am, just didnt want to leave out an opportunity to get my cloak not just fixed but boosted.

Additionally: a myth cloak that is able to negate ticking dots aint that far off, just sayin.

But yes, its broken and a plain /fix would be satisfying.

Old 10-05-2012, 01:48 AM   #5
Shotneedle

Loremaster

None of the cloaks are really worth equipping except SK/Dirge, and even then only situationally. It's been so long I doubt they'll get fixed.

Get a crafted cloak from skyshrine (if scout/mage) or a red slot cloak from drunder and call it a day, either is more effective. I'm pretty sure if you're one of the classes that got screwed with a damage proc/clicky cloak you can get a red slot cloak with terrible torrent of toxins on it and get more dps out of it. Especially warlocks/conjurors.

Buffrat - 92 Troubador - AB

Arbitrat - 92 Berserker - AB

Guarddog - 92 Warden - AB
Shotneedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 12:38 PM   #6
ScouseReds

Loremaster

Guard cloak broken - effect needs to be cast before it's apllied to the raid, drops also when you invite some one new to the raid party.

Dirge cloak broken - only casts on the grp so its AE grp so not a real Aoe, can also be cast while no one dead and you get a pre-emptive res window.

Pally cloak - random to say the least as in will proc of some hits and not on other hits.

ScouseReds is offline   Reply With Quote