EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > Forum Help and Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-01-2012, 08:12 AM   #1
Juravael

Loremaster

Please fix the forums.

Please for the love of god why can't someone look into the forum issues that people have been posting about for years now and get things fixed? Other games' official forums work just fine, why can't ours?

A few issues that I have been complaining about for a long time are :

Why do we have to log in every single time that we navigate away from the forums, even for just a minute? I could be reading the forums and logged in, hop over to another website real quick to check something and when I come back mere moments later I have to log back in again. Why?

Every time that I "log-in" the page goes to refresh and comes up with the "Can not display the webpage that you requested" error so I hit the refresh button and then it logs me in. This happens EVERY time.

When browsing the forums and NOT logged in if I see a topic I want to comment on and I "log-in", it takes me to the main forum page and then I loose the topic that I was reading so I have to spend time trying to find the topic that I was wanting to comment on in the first place. This happens EVERY time.

These are just a few of the things that have been frustrating me about these forums. Things seem to be getting WORSE with anything SOE/Everquest II related lately, not better.

Juravael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 12:44 PM   #2
Juravael

Loremaster

This is the 404 error that I get EVERY single time that I log in. I have to hit the refresh button after this page pops up in order to actually get logged in and read the forums.

* Disregard the address in the image. I pulled it from google so I would have something to show what I am refering to.

Old 05-01-2012, 05:35 PM   #3
Gravy

Lord

The timeouts have been especially bad today.

Gravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #4
Xianthia

Loremaster

I'm spending a lot of time on the "waiting for Forums.station.sony.com" then if, and it's really a very big IF, I'm lucky it doesn't reset the connection.

Once I'm actually on the forums, it really is a matter of do I have 3 minutes between clicks to actually get to see a thread.

Please is there actually something being done to address these issues?

(frustated part of post - if you don't want people using forums, please take them down rather than frustrating them into not using them :/ )

Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #5
Laenai
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

A. Freaking. Men.

The "new and improved" eq2players completely sucks and the ability to use the forums is a joke. Fix it or take it down. SoE should be embarassed they can't make something as simple as a web forum work.

Old 05-03-2012, 12:20 PM   #6
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster

This happens every other time I try and log on.  This message may help someone since its more specific than the 404, or 500 errors usually generated.

I don't know if anyone will see it herebut :

Not Found

The requested URL /eq2/;jsessionid=F253D4B82F3E3A5F47003A5EB7421DCD.lvs-msgt1-3609 was not found on this server.

Apache/2.2.15 (CentOS) mod_ssl/2.2.15 OpenSSL/1.0.0-fips Server at forums.station.sony.com Port 80

CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:16 PM   #7
Juravael

Loremaster

Well I'm glad, and sad, to see that I am not the only person having these issues.

It sucks for sure.

Today is especially bad.. It took me several minutes, yes minutes, to get logged into the forums and when I clicked the bookmark link for this particular thread it took a couple more minutes, yes minutes, to load the thread.

I use IE9 version 9.0.8112.16421 most of the time but it is just as bad when I use Safari or other browsers.

I hope that they can do something about these forums but I sincerely do not think that they will given how long eq2players was broken and unmanaged.

Old 05-03-2012, 10:29 PM   #8
Marnus
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Tandros os Thol

Loremaster

This is the third time ive tried to post something on a community announcement thread, and i get this message:

* The subject has exceeded the maximum size of 100 characters. Current subject size: 101

My post was this: "The wings are amazing!SMILEY"-now i know i'm no math genius, but that is nowhere near 100 characters. Also, signing into the forums takes forever, i often have to hit refresh-and thats when i dont get the page not found error-please fix this soon.

Marnus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:04 AM   #9
Te'ana

Tester

Add to all this:

1) can't search at all - all results are empty

2) no emial notificatio for threads you have posted on

3) no email notifications for threads being followed

4) error message: you must type in a password - even though you typed the silly thing many many times

Te'ana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:39 PM   #10
GCP

Loremaster

Fix the freaking forums (why the hell is dam with a "n" a bad word here? Is this the 1930s?)

Really...I log in for 20 minutes, and get logged out. 

This has happened 3 times now.

GCP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 03:19 PM   #11
Juravael

Loremaster

Add to the list missing bookmarks as of today and no way to add new bookmarks now?!?

Fixed.

Old 05-09-2012, 08:29 PM   #12
Gravy

Lord

Still terrible performance. Many timeouts.

Why can't we have someone from the forums team (or the forum person) post here and let us know what's up?

Old 05-10-2012, 09:40 PM   #13
Juravael

Loremaster

Gravy wrote:

Still terrible performance. Many timeouts.

Why can't we have someone from the forums team (or the forum person) post here and let us know what's up?

Good question.

It took forever for me to get logged in tonight.

Old 05-14-2012, 06:53 PM   #14
Juravael

Loremaster

signing in is still giving me the 404 error and I have to refresh every time in order to actually sign in .....

Old 05-14-2012, 07:33 PM   #15
Juravael

Loremaster

https://auth.station.sony.com/login...check&theme=eq2

That is the address string that is listed when I get the 404 error and have to refresh the page to log in, every time.

Old 05-15-2012, 02:19 PM   #16
Juravael

Loremaster

Still happening.

The entire string not posted as a link ( removed https to post )

//auth.station.sony.com/login?service=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.station.sony.com %2Feq2%2Fj_spring_cas_security_check&theme=eq2

Old 05-15-2012, 04:01 PM   #17
Juravael

Loremaster

Took me 3 trys to get logged in this time ... jesus christ

Old 05-16-2012, 12:07 PM   #18
Juravael

Loremaster

too frustrated to even post right now.

Old 05-19-2012, 03:30 AM   #19
Mysstie
Guild: Elysian Storm

Loremaster

Maybe it was coincidence, but in Firefox 12, I right-clicked and selected View Page Info, then Security, Viewed Cookies and then deleted all the Cookies it had associated with the Forum site. Refreshed the browser, logged back in, and it has been fairly responsive after doing so.  Be careful not to click on Remove All Cookies or it will delete all your cookies for every website (which still is a good thing to do every so often anyway). I'm wondering if it's leaving junk in the Cookies and/or Browser cache causing things to get bogged down and/or borked next time.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:05 AM   #20
Juravael

Loremaster

Getting the 404 error and having to hit refresh when logging in is still happening almost daily.

Old 06-05-2012, 05:15 PM   #21
Juravael

Loremaster

Still getting the 404 errors.

I just now tried to sign in.. clicked sign in, entered my information, username and password, clicked ok and the forums refreshed but did not sign me in. I had to sign in twice to actually get signed in this time.

Old 06-07-2012, 04:37 AM   #22
Mysstie
Guild: Elysian Storm

Loremaster

Many times if I get a 404 page after entering my login information, I'll just close that tab and then open the forum again with my bookmark and I'll be logged in without needing to re-enter my information.
Old 06-07-2012, 07:53 AM   #23
Juravael

Loremaster

Any time that I close the browser window for the forums, whether it is the primary tab or the 2nd or 3rd tab etc, I always have to sign back in. Even if I close the browser and then a few seconds later remember I wanted to check on something and reopen the forums again for whatever reason I will have to sign back in. 9 times out of 10 I will get the 404 error when I sign in and most of the time I can hit the refresh and that will work. Sometimes it will not. Yesterday though when I signed in I actually had to enter my username and password twice in a row to get signed in. That was the first time I have seen that happen.

Old 06-07-2012, 02:39 PM   #24
Onurissa
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Order of Marr

Lord

Why is it that i get autologged out when im just away from desk for less then 5 minutes. OR when i try to log in, it just reloads log in page again as if i hadnt logged in. OR i try to look at forum page, and it doesnt even LOAD AT ALL! I get 404 errors, or unable to find webpage errors. This is insane. Fix your game and forum already.

Onurissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 07:49 PM   #25
Juravael

Loremaster

Please fix the forums...

Old 06-08-2012, 12:48 AM   #26
Gladiolus

Loremaster

Usually as time goes by there'll be improvements in things. Here it's the other way around. Five or six years ago the forum worked well (remember when the Search facility was actually useful?) and the Players site was great. Now Players is not only ugly but doesn't have half the features it had then, and using this forum gets more irritating by the day. I can't decide whether SOE just doesn't care or whether they're actively discouraging us from using it.

Gladiolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 01:23 PM   #27
Juravael

Loremaster

Gladiolus wrote:

I can't decide whether SOE just doesn't care or whether they're actively discouraging us from using it.

Both I am sure.

Old 06-09-2012, 03:50 PM   #28
Gravy

Lord

If they have a web 'team' I'm sure they are working on the new site for EQN.

They certainly aren't doing anything here.

Old 06-11-2012, 05:26 PM   #29
Brienae
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Bloodsworn

Loremaster

A bit of a glitch I have noticed regarding the forums that I thought I would add to see if anyone else is having this issue and maybe to get it looked at is vanishing posts.  I have noticed this particularly in the rp forum.  On the main page it will show that the next person posted but when you go to read there is no post.  We have figured out that it seems to happen when we go to the next page.  Recently the first 2 posts on a page are nowhere to be seen until a third post is made.  The posts can still be seen in the review section when posting, but it is becoming a bit frustrating.

I am Nature's Wrath incarnate like the fire I destroy and rejuvenate~Tetriemmy Windfoot
Brienae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 08:24 PM   #30
Piestro

Community Relations

I was forcibly logged out after I tried to read and respond to this thread. SMILEY

Obviously we're aware the forums have issues. We're doing some work on this internally, hopefully we'll have good news for you in the future.

Regards,

EverQuest Community Relations Manager

Piestro is offline   Reply With Quote