EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-04-2015, 11:05 PM   #1
Mipia

Why are the quest updates in only the heroic version of the dungeon? Most tradeskillers will be running these quests solo, and if you totally stink at sneaking, or have a laggy connection you are going to run into mobs and die.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:08 PM   #2
Krystalea

Do the quest. You will see that none of that is a problem. If i recall, all the stuff is right in the front area.
Krystalea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:59 PM   #3
Moonpanther

All the stuff is right in the front. Just be careful and move slowly in order to stay far enough from the mob to avoid aggro but still be able to pick up the needed item.
Moonpanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 06:15 AM   #4
Jsnappy

I'm close to finally giving up on this quest cannot find anywhere to get quest update. Tried deleting and re-adding quest several times and going into both new and cleared instances with no success. Is there any way points to where the updates are at?
Old 11-05-2015, 07:09 AM   #5
Elinea

What step are you stuck on? I've completed this twice so far without a problem, so let me know what part you're at and I'll try to help.
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 03:03 PM   #6
Sigrdrifa

Remember that stuff that's near aggro mobs can usually be clicked from quite a ways away. Just inch up slowly until you can click it.
Old 11-05-2015, 03:35 PM   #7
walksalone

ok. I'm a caretaker. I play when I can, for as long or as little as I can. Got a guy here, got them here not overloaded ( ty again for that), tried so hard. Had to caretake a few days. Come in today.. overloadedFrown
I am not cut out for beta. I do not think I am sorry I upgraded. In true game I move at my own pace-ability and fill my own darn bags. But the anxiety I am feeling at this moment.... Thank you for the opportunity, it was looking like I'd never earn the reward anyway. I think I'll go make stuff and celebrate the anniversary. Continued success to all of you and ty for ultimately making all this playable for players like me.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:01 PM   #8
Jsnappy

Im not able to find the lenses and prototypes. When I zone in I've thoroughly scanned the steps to the left down. I've scanned all shelves and areas in the Alcove as well as go up the steps to the right at zone in. Nothing is clickable. I see a few dead bodies but they are not clickable.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:55 PM   #9
Sigrdrifa

Go up to the platform where Brumley would be in the main Maldura instance. On a shelf right behind where you'd find Brumley is a chest with the lenses. Once you have the lenses, you can click the dead bodies. Not skeletons, bodies. I found them on the stairs to either side of the Alcove of Reason, the stairs leading to the Waterworks and the stairs leading to the Mercantile District.
Old 11-05-2015, 10:56 PM   #10
Sigrdrifa

No, seriously, this is easy peasy. You go into a brand new, full of live mobs Heroic instance. But nothing near the zone-in will hurt you. There are active mobs in the rooms to the southwest and southeast, but you can get your updates without fighting anything.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:08 AM   #11
Jsnappy

Thanks! Found it finally