EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-29-2015, 08:53 AM   #61
Retrebution

is there a command that will tell me how many items are in my overflow stack? I spent about an hour yesterday cleaning out the overflow so I could play for a few hours. Before I logged off the overflow came back. When I logged in this morning I had 4 copies of every toon. So far today I have spent nearly an hour and a half clearing overflow. I don't want to waste my time if there are 5 thousand items sitting in the stack Tongue

Old 10-29-2015, 08:54 AM   #62
Retrebution

Would be awesome if there was a delete overflow command!

Old 10-29-2015, 05:13 PM   #63
Schmetterling

I do not know where else to post this but I still cant get into beta
when ever I load Beta it goes to pervious addition the time locked server
I deleted beta and reinstalled it and still I am stuck with the same thing
what can I do ?
Old 10-30-2015, 01:22 AM   #64
Ravenlorde

My characters have not been coped over doing the /beta sense Mon. Have tried 3 times Tue, Wed. and today.

Old 10-30-2015, 01:31 AM   #65
Corrupted

so as of yet i still dont see my copyed toons on beta this is crazy id like to try it befor it to late

Old 10-30-2015, 02:29 AM   #66
Madelinerose

9 days..I believe I have been extremely patient in this matter and any attempts to resolve this have gone unnoticed and with a general attitude of not giving a flip about it. I'm definitely disappointed and tired of trying at this point.

It appears daybreak has reached their beta quota..they have enough people trying out their product and reporting their bugs. They can move on to something else now.

Old 10-30-2015, 02:30 AM   #67
Madelinerose

Unfortunately, you can't do anything about it.

Old 10-30-2015, 06:27 AM   #68
Jamiss

Developer

The underlying technology changes have made this year's beta copy process slower. Copy requests are still being processed as we speak. I have been keeping an eye on the process to make sure that it keeps going. Some characters are very large and can take some time to process which in turn can slow down the queue.

A valid alternative is to create a character and beta buff them while you wait. This will provide another testing path, and as many different tests as we can accomplish, the better.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:04 PM   #69
Pixilicious

Ok, I understand that they take time, however, mine have arrived to beta, was able to log them in, then next day half of them disappeared, and the rest i can NOT log in ? Can not even create a new one ? Tried creating one from scratch, then when its at the part to logging the toon in, it says it cant find my character that I just created ? Please explain,
Thank you
Old 10-30-2015, 06:10 PM   #70
Schmetterling

lol I should send one of my copy clones into Beta the one with 5 X es
it took me quite wile to weed out all the X tras.Roll Eyes
had to log on delete 10 characters log of , rinse and repeat.
Old 10-30-2015, 06:35 PM   #71
Jamiss

Developer

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...-rerun-the-patcher.564852/page-7#post-6274928 This post from this thread addresses that issue
Old 10-30-2015, 06:41 PM   #72
Schmetterling

lol just deleted a toon with 7 Xses wonder how many A character could get o_O
another interesting effect I am getting is, every time I delete one of the attack of the clones
the background changes to the dead island of the Vesspyr Islands
Blightscale I think
maybe to save time just copy one of your toons over to beta the one that can do quests the fastest
and use the army of X clones Wink
Old 10-30-2015, 07:00 PM   #73
Pixilicious

My toons are back again this morning ... yay !
Old 10-30-2015, 09:16 PM   #74
Schmetterling

you can make a new toon and beta buff it you also get all level 100 gear but yes there is a but the new gear does not have as much dps so your attacks wont be as strong
also look out with all those copies you probably made it will take even longer because each toon you copied will be on beta times 7 or more .
another fun thing you get all the stuff in their inventory or shared bank overflowing your inventory times how many toons you copied
makes for real fun trying to pick up collectables or harvest or anything
I wished there was a command to simply clear out all your inventory just for beta
Old 10-30-2015, 10:25 PM   #75
Jakaan

Any chance to allow us to query our character name to see its /beta copy status and place in que?

The problem is we know our current characters, how they parse based upon their gear / attributes. The best way for us to give constructive feedback is to take them through the expac content and do comparisons. I believe this is the only way we will be able to lay claim to the beta rewards is with a character we have on live.

Old 10-31-2015, 03:18 AM   #76
Schmetterling

nope you get the reward with a newly made character too but I agree that its important to have some feedback about
how a character fairs that has leveled up to this point and to see how the gear works out .
Old 10-31-2015, 08:26 AM   #77
Corrupted

Well another day NONE on my toons are on beta November 17th will be here befor i get to play beta

Old 10-31-2015, 05:03 PM   #78
Jrel

Why is there a NEW copy of my shared bank bags in my inventory overflow on an old beta toon today?

FYI: Destroy on Inventory Overflow does not work. Dragging an item from Inventory Overflow onto the "ground" in order to destroy does not work.
Old 10-31-2015, 05:31 PM   #79
Alenna

i don't even have an overflow and when I try to put thing in an empty box in my house vault I get the error message YOU cannot put items in a contain which is overflowing it isn't FIX THIS BETA IS BORKED if you expect to beta test then make playable stop ignoring the problem I Need t make a harvest depot so i can empty my inventory but to do that i need thmaterila to make fomr my pack pony but if I try to getit from my pack pony I get over flow this is unacceptible.
Old 10-31-2015, 06:33 PM   #80
Katzandra

My main character took almost 3 days to copy to beta. I tried to copy a scout that never showed up on beta. When I read that the queue was empty and I should recopy any characters, I copied a scout, a healer and 2 tanks over to beta. Three of them showed up the same day. Sadly I had to spend 2 hours clearing the shared bank items out of the overflow on my main character before I could resume beta testing. The next time I logged on, a second copy of the scout showed up, and I had to clear the overflow AGAIN. I figured this was cool as I had actually copied the scout 2x. The next time I logged on, the second tank I had copied showed up.....so clear overflow AGAIN..... This morning I logged on and there were second and third copies of ALL the characters I had copied previously aside from the first one I copied. I had only done /beta once on the healer and 2 tanks and twice on the scout. Now I have 4 copies of the scout and 2 of the healers and tanks (10 characters in addition to a beta buffed and my main.)

All my play time today will be devoted to ONCE AGAIN clearing the overflow........... I so wish you could destroy all or just trash the overflow but you can't. This will take me HOURS as there are at least 5 copies of the shared bank in my overflow. This is happening EVERY time I log on......... HELP!!!! If the other characters I copied have overflow, I will likely delete them -- clear the bank on live and recopy. My main has done a significant portion of the solo signature questline and is the best toon I have for testing heroics if I ever get a chance to actually do something besides clear my inventory......................................... ....................Again I say HELP!!!!!!!Eek
Old 10-31-2015, 07:09 PM   #81
Katzandra

Update on inventory overflow.... The copies are clean -- no inventory overflow. The beta buffed toon I have hasn't been impacted. It is only the first character that made the copy to beta. Sadly she is the one that I have been working on the signature with. Is there anyway to fix her problem? Also it appears that the shared bank is different for different alts.
Old 10-31-2015, 07:58 PM   #82
Alenna

ok I decided to see if it was the strong box in my house vault nope it is the house vault itself that is borked I got a bag from teh beta buffer and took an empty strong box out of my vault and tried to put the bag in to that slot got teh same message and then when I tried to put the strong box in couldn't with the same message is my main borked and do I have to go through another 24-72 hours hell to get a clean copy?
Old 10-31-2015, 10:58 PM   #83
Schrek

i have downloaded the beta, but when i try to log in i get a "d3dx9_43.dll is missing" so it won't let me in to beta. any suggestions?

Old 10-31-2015, 11:10 PM   #84
Lamatu

Look in your live EQ2 folder and copy that and other dx dll files to your beta folder.

Old 11-01-2015, 06:31 PM   #85
Kraeref

I still cannot copy my existing character in beta. Very frustrating.
Old 11-01-2015, 10:58 PM   #86
Rondo9

is the shared bank not being copied over anymore? I had some new toons go over but nothing new from the shared bank came over.

Old 11-01-2015, 11:02 PM   #87
Solzak

Yes.. as of early yesterday, my characters got copied multiple times (name, namex, namexx) with at least one of the set overflowed with double the shared bank items (shared bank still there, items duplicated and bloating the overflow slot).

Old 11-01-2015, 11:55 PM   #88
Elinea

I tried what someone else suggested, and before logging in any newly copied toon, I created a new level 1. Let the overflow inventory slam me, deleted said toon, then proceeded to log in my copies without any inventory overflow issues.
Old 11-02-2015, 08:15 AM   #89
Aiyas

I logged into beta, and all I see is a blackscreen with the eq2 theme music playing. Can't do a thing.

Old 11-03-2015, 01:48 AM   #90
Lumien

May be a silly question but is there a character limit for all access members on the beta server?

Closed Thread