EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-27-2015, 06:46 PM   #31
Alenna

ok ran launcher after update and one of my characters arrived not my main t yesterday as I had tried to get my crafting house first but that's a no go this beta test Frown so need to wait to see if my main arrives a little later

p.s. this one I left in Antonica to see what would happen now to see if mara and qeynos and freeport work as well as gorowyn
Old 10-27-2015, 08:01 PM   #32
Moonpanther

I did /beta at 5pm est time and it is now 3am est still no copy.
Old 10-27-2015, 09:02 PM   #33
Jrel

None of the 2 toons I copied after the OP have made it to Beta from the cities of Freeport or Qeynos, all from Maj'Dul server. The only toons that have made it so are are from a couple minutes after the serverwide announcement on Thursday, and 2 from Friday afternoon.
Old 10-27-2015, 10:24 PM   #34
Songwind

Oh isn't that just dandy. I request to have a character copied on Wednesday and it still has not been copied. Now you say use the /Beta command again when you are taking down GUK server in 17 hours for server merge. I submitted a ticket after the first 24 hours and daybreak closed it saying read the forums. I submitted another ticket Monday I think (5 days waiting) and today Daybreak closes it saying read Forums. Both tickets closed with no email to me saying they closed them. Great customer support here..........................
Old 10-27-2015, 10:25 PM   #35
Tomei

Still nothing for me..Did a recopy last night in Antonica...getting really tired of the follow through in this thread..
Old 10-28-2015, 12:14 AM   #36
Anunnaki

I feel like I'm getting trolled at this point.
Old 10-28-2015, 12:43 AM   #37
Alenna

I'm getting mine but something was wrong i was camping ot a character I already had on it and lost the harvestibles I had in the shared bank after a it looked like beta when down breifly came back and have a phipiax as well as phipia and willowbark so they are coming back in slowly but why when I was not camping ot a new toon tha tarrived did it override my shared bank with the what the others had?
Old 10-28-2015, 01:13 AM   #38
Jamiss

Developer

I understand the frustration. Again, the underlying technology has made this process much slower than in years past. It is still copying and if you have made a request since the original post of this thread it is not lost and will be processed.
Old 10-28-2015, 01:33 AM   #39
Anaogi

Why? Why has the "underlying technology" made the process glacially slow? What's changed? Did you make it thinking it would improve the process? (If so, you can safely call it a bust.) Was the new DB setup a factor? Did you just decide to try something new? How long is this going to take?

Lotta questions. Light on the answers.

Old 10-28-2015, 01:41 AM   #40
TheMightyTaco

Okay, so my two accounts did a beta copy three days ago. I guess I'll just wait it out. Seems ridiculous.

Old 10-28-2015, 02:20 AM   #41
walksalone

Thank you. This is my first beta. My first copy, I claimed her overflow, holy cow smokes! Its like all her bank all the shared banks.... I really wanted my Kluuron, but I think I'll just get used to being dead, I cannot delete all this stuff. I will know to not copy ever again.

Old 10-28-2015, 02:25 AM   #42
Chikkin

you can right click overflow on beta and safely click destroy option
Old 10-28-2015, 02:53 AM   #43
Darln

I finally got my beta copies ... and went to zone .. lol .. now the server is down. I need a stiff drink I think ..

Old 10-28-2015, 04:02 AM   #44
Alenna

ok got all but three of my toons I tried to beta copy yesterday i'ave got Alenna and alennax, Alennaxx(maybe I woudl have tried a second time but not a third ) Phipia, phipiax phipiaxxx, Phipiaxxxx( I definetly did not copy this toon that many times) Oaxaca, oaxacax, oaxacaxx, oaxacaxxx( I only copied once last week and once yesterday) I got Willowbark(qeyno, and Saharla(freeport) and morguase(she was in gorowyn), teh ones I do not have are katryna, Etheine, and Sandrina, there may be a fourth one missing i'm trying to remember if I copied fyona over.

I still cannot get into the New Halas homestead I got for Alenna when she copied over this afternoon please fix that or tell me if I have to relinquish it and buy a new one that will work. Also is the problem I'm having with the house do to me having more then one alenna on beta?

oh and for some reason I cannot destroy the overflow items I keep getting can you please fix that.
Old 10-28-2015, 06:33 AM   #45
Awkk

Could someone please link to this? It might well help other players besides me

Old 10-28-2015, 07:59 AM   #46
Demonicate

Here are the instructions for not having to install all files: http://eq2wire.com/2015/10/16/terrors-of-thalumbra-beta-starts-tuesday-october-20/#patchfasthelp

Old 10-28-2015, 08:11 AM   #47
Xuma

Is anybody working on some kind of fix for this? Its one thing to shut down all the previous threads and tell everyone that they probably should re-copy - its another thing to actually be working on a fix to the problem. Is there something being done? or is THIS working as intended? As far s I can see at the moment - its not working AT ALL. This thread would DISAPPEAR if the problem were resolved.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:52 AM   #48
Akina_Storms

2 of the four toons i copied last friday evening arrived this night.
i issued the /beta once, one of my char have been copied 3 times, the other 7 times.

and the beta buffed toon i created has disapear.

i wonder when will the toon i /beta monday evening arrive, and how many of them.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:27 PM   #49
Alenna

that happened to me with the overflow overload from all copies and their duplicat triplicats even on all characters including the beta buffed ones making beta unplayable since I odn't have room in my bags and the delete overflow does not work for me for some reason. that and them locking me out of the house I bought on beta in new halas have made for a very frustrating time and leading me to having a 2nd year I can't beta test for DBG.
Old 10-28-2015, 03:37 PM   #50
FriggaWitch

Well I finally got my tailor to the beta server, Yipee!? but guess what? Even though I copied this toon only once with the /beta command 5 copies appeared on the beta server form x thru xxxx wtf is up with that? Well I deleted the xxxx thru x copies and logged in. Now my overflow has so much stuff in it even when I delete it it keeps coming back, ARGHhhhhhhhhhh OMFG this is so far from being any fun o_OEekConfused. I don't know what to do I wanted to check out the Tailor TS stuff but looks like that's not gonna happen unless I just delete me live toon and make a buffed Tailor. Geez /em hangs head.
Old 10-28-2015, 04:54 PM   #51
Beee

finally my toon arrived today - with 500 pcs in the overflow stack
Old 10-28-2015, 06:23 PM   #52
Alenna

getting more copies of my characters that i only tried to copy once what gives. don't dart try to finally got fyona twice this after the brief patch
Old 10-28-2015, 06:42 PM   #53
Elinea

I did copy again on a few toons, and miracle of miracles....before Unrest went down for good, all those copies made it.

The really funny thing is, the first toon I logged in to deal with the overflow...I noticed was the shared bank inventory from a different server than this toon came from! I copied a toon from Antonia Bayle, and one from Unrest. The Unrest character is now emptying her overflow of the stuff that came from the Antonia Bayle character's shared bank. How weird is that.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:39 PM   #54
Sunlayan

By the way, to get your char that you've copied across it seems you have to make a new char. Then logout that char and your copied char/s will suddenly appear.
Might be an idea for the guys at Daybreak to mention this if they haven't already done so.

Old 10-28-2015, 09:49 PM   #55
Nkito

Haven't tried this myself but could you grab 6 bags from the beta buffer, equip them, then right click your overflow and select "empty overflow" (or something similar).

Then just destroy the six bags, rinse and repeat?

Old 10-28-2015, 10:45 PM   #56
Beee

@Nkito: No you can only destroy empty bags Eek
What helps a little bit: Empty first inventory bag, mark every ohter bag for NOTRADE, fill bag and sell evers pcs by an npc.
Old 10-29-2015, 03:39 AM   #57
Pixilicious

Finally all my copied toons arrived to beta yesterday, but i didnt had too much time to play, and today, half of them disappeared, even the ones that i just created on beta and got them beta buffed, the few that are left, i cant log them in, the message says the server cant find my toons ... this has just been beyond frustrating.
Old 10-29-2015, 03:43 AM   #58
Pixilicious

How did the toons that arrived to beta, disappeared ? Most of the time i spent in beta was trying to delete the overflow, which was my shared bank items about x 6 (it was a LOT of items!)
Old 10-29-2015, 03:44 AM   #59
Pixilicious

I'm almost at the point to be done with this whole beta testing altogether, even before i even started it ...
Old 10-29-2015, 03:48 AM   #60
seneth

I actully muted all items i could in my over flow, put the muted components inthe guild harvest box for use for the guild.
I keep doing then trash the rest,, we will have a nice stock of muted components soon.I will continue this, IF I EVER GET BACK IN THE FREAKEN GAME.

Closed Thread