EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2015, 10:47 PM   #1
Mezaka

Typed /beta on Thursday night. As of this afternoon, still no copy.

Will try a new /beta later tonight.

Going to also echo my frustration at not being able to test. Yellow gear isn't going to get you far in testing. After all, most of the population at this point has at least a mix of blue and green gear if they aren't already raiding.....

Just my 2 Cu.

--Mez

Old 10-26-2015, 10:50 PM   #2
Xianthia

I've had houses copy for prior beta's... of course on this beta I can't even seem to get a character to copy over. Tongue But think you meant as a general rule houses don't copy? They do (or have in the past).
Old 10-26-2015, 11:17 PM   #3
Alenna

and I raided till a couple of months ago so I have a mixture of blue green, raid and fabled.
Old 10-26-2015, 11:25 PM   #4
FriggaWitch

Well as far as being handicapped as a beta buffed toon; once I got me pack pegasus and me pack pony I had a pretty good time of it. Did I miss my live toon? Well sure I did but I did make the most of testing the content. That's what the beta is all about.It's about /feedback and /bug reports. Are there QL's that are broken? Well of course there are. Are there instances that are messed up? Well yeah ! The main thing is to test the content and make it playable for release why else would you pre-order to play beta? It's to test content so that the release of the new material will be good for all players that don't take the time to play on the test server or to beta test new material.
Old 10-27-2015, 12:52 AM   #5
Pixilicious

Did /beta of my toons again ( within 30 mins) after this post was created, and right now, still no toons on beta yet, so is it going to be 24 hours or when should i start to do the /beta again ?
Me too ... so glad i paid to get into beta, i wouldn't even have purchased this "expansion" so early if it wasnt for beta acces, which i cant try on my toons either way it seems !
Old 10-27-2015, 02:10 AM   #6
Kuulei

Houses are not copying. At least the 5 characters that have made it over to this beta, have no homes.
Old 10-27-2015, 02:29 AM   #7
Alenna

if I don't get my copies tomorrow then I", Sol i'm on Guk guess what is happeing on wednesday
Old 10-27-2015, 02:33 AM   #8
FriggaWitch

Well if you are on beta at the moment and you need a place to craft or hang out join we have a hall and collect harvests and have been doing the QL's and marking POI's so why not just make the best of it and Have a good time!!!
Geez whats the big deal it's beta . You know on some beta's ya start from scratch , like at the beginning of a new game, you should easily be able to beta test considering how long most of us have been playing this game. For Tunare's sake hell for Brell's sake just make a lvl 1 toon and buff it and have fun and quit your *** king crying Geez it really gets old after a while.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:04 AM   #9
Alenna

i did and i did test at the beginning last week it is not the same i have 9 crafter with various pieces of equipme gotten during my level of them that I won't have with beta buffed ones. part of beta testing expansion is making sure that previouse is not broken because of code in the new content.
Old 10-27-2015, 03:42 AM   #10
kefca

I received an email from dbg stating to /beta my toons again and they would be there,well guess what they still are not there go figure

Old 10-27-2015, 03:46 AM   #11
kefca

and also when I click on the toolbar to change the version of the game from like live to beta I only have an apply option not a full download option is that everybody or am I missing something?

Old 10-27-2015, 04:48 AM   #12
FriggaWitch

Yep it's never the same as playing a toon you raised up on live.
I'm just sayin with the reduced staff and the server consolidations just be cool and do the best you can. We should be fortunate that this game is still even viable and there are folks working on it and giving us new things to do and areas to explore So take a F'n chill pill and relax, playin a buffed toon is not that bad. I know I wanted to see how things would work with my live toon when the xpac released but sometimes in life you have to take the good with the bad. Is it that difficult to enjoy yourself exploring in a new area? really geez.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:03 AM   #13
Strac

Going to be hard to test raid content with /beta not working properly/in a timely fashion....my beta buffed toon has 495k HP...won't cut it.

Any chance you can speed up the copy process for people you allowed to raidtests ?

Old 10-27-2015, 05:23 AM   #14
Beee

Just for Information my toon is still not copied from Valor to beta.
/beta 5 days ago and again after the forumspost 12 hours ago

How should we test raids without real toons?
Old 10-27-2015, 05:24 AM   #15
Therein

I honestly feel like we've been trolled to the back of the line. Still no copy, this is beyond ridiculous.

Old 10-27-2015, 07:44 AM   #16
Laiina

First did the /beta thing 5 days ago, then again 3 days ago on a couple, then late last night on two. As of yet, not one has showed up on beta.

Old 10-27-2015, 01:42 PM   #17
CoLD MeTaL

In twitch they said don't expect /beta to work. So I guess you all just do the best you can, I'm not gonna waste my time with the beta buff gear being nearly worthless.
Old 10-27-2015, 02:56 PM   #18
Awkk

I had to redownload the entire game because of the new launcher. So I lost my old Beta files. Could someone please link to the method of downloading Beta without having to wait 24 hours to download the whole thing?

Old 10-27-2015, 03:10 PM   #19
Anaogi

Beta Copy Hamsters
2002-2015
Requiescat in pace

Old 10-27-2015, 03:18 PM   #20
emufrombeyond

Copied toon over successfully yesturday, but did multiple times while trying to get over. This morning I log in and see my toonx in char select. When I log onto my reg beta toon who I played yesturday inventory is overflowing, double items with everything, including bank stuff so will be fun deleting everything/finding places to store it while I play.

Old 10-27-2015, 05:19 PM   #21
Therein

24ish hours after this post was made and still no copy. You guys need to take another look at your script or something because it is still broken.

Old 10-27-2015, 05:19 PM   #22
Rolick

hmm beta update and BOOM There is my beta copy 5 days later lol

Old 10-27-2015, 05:36 PM   #23
Laiina

Been almost a week now, and still no beta copy. About to give up on this.

Old 10-27-2015, 05:37 PM   #24
Laiina

Many of us have been waiting much longer. I submitted my first request 6+ days ago, and then 4 days ago, and then 2 days ago. Still not a single char been copied.

Old 10-27-2015, 05:39 PM   #25
Alenna

h9ow many of us who have been waiting almost a week are on the servers that are being merged tomorrow I"m on Guk.
Old 10-27-2015, 05:41 PM   #26
Therein

Guk here as well.

Old 10-27-2015, 05:43 PM   #27
Anaogi

I will make one more attempt tonight from Antonica, with an empty shared bank.

If it's not on there Wednesday night, I'm abandoning the attempt.

This does not inspire confidence.

Old 10-27-2015, 05:49 PM   #28
Asherman

Ran /beta Thursday last week and then again yesterday after this thread started and still no sign of anyting on the beta server.

Old 10-27-2015, 06:10 PM   #29
Therein

I copied the first time Thursday night. Point being is that they told us to requeue when they made this post and nothing has happened, still.

Old 10-27-2015, 06:40 PM   #30
Xuma

I've about had it myself. /Beta works randomly I guess - some people get copied, some don't - maybe its a lottery or something. Pretty tired of waiting for min to show up. Re-copied a cpl yesterday from 2 accts - still no show. Playing on the "real" server is a waste of time - there's no one there, and Guk is going to be taken down for "consolidation" tomorrow. I may actually have to go outside! No, I'll go find another game...
Closed Thread