EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-01-2015, 10:35 PM   #1
Foretold

So has this always been the case or am I just now noticing this?

I have Stamper out for my healer merc (I don't have the good ones, this was a beta buffed toon... no claim). Every mob I pull in the AS zones goes STRAIGHT to the merc and starts beating on him. I have him on passive, he only follows me and heals.

I'm a warlock, and I'm having to deal massive damage to get these mobs to even turn and look at me for a second. They always turn around and go right back to that passive healer merc.

The result? Healer merc dies, with me close behind.

If they can generate maybe a little less aggro somehow, that would be great... :S
Foretold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 05:33 AM   #2
Mermut

Check your gear? I know in AoM there was a piece of jewelry that made mercs pull crazy aggro (by design). I don't know if there is one in ToT, but it's a possibility. Kluron isn't pulling aggro on my warden in beta.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 12:15 AM   #3
Mermut

It's a dps merc that doesn't do much dps... it's certainly not up to tanking.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 08:16 AM   #4
Sigrdrifa

You are learning something that tanks find out early. If you have either reactive heals or wards on you, a monster attacking you gets a bite of the reactive or ward first,and then goes for the healer. This means you have to hit it before it hits you, or have an AOE ready or something to grab aggro off the merc.
Old 11-04-2015, 08:36 AM   #5
Alenna

and making sure if you are on your scout that you've turned off all dehate you can LOL
Alenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 08:55 AM   #6
Moonpanther

Probably off topic but have any of you guys tried the new beta merc? It's a great looking merc, but is more like a plushie not a merc. It dies instantly. Horrible horrible merc, the worst I've tried before. Are they planning on fixing that at all?
Moonpanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 06:01 PM   #7
Netharius

Hi Moonpather,

I agree completely! I'd created a thread on this about a week ago where I'd posted some feedback, stats and descriptions of her abilities. I love the model for the merc, she's amazingly detailed and very cool looking! Unfortunately, her performance is inferior to last year's collection merc, Kluuron V'Lorn Frown.

I also hope she gets a boost before live, but so far, no devs have addressed this as far as I'm aware Frown. Luvili brought an item to my attention that helps a little (the TS Signature Quest reward), but since it works on all mercs, those that were already great (e.g. Kluuron, Lorr'Kejut) are even better while she's still far below par (especially for a "DPS" merc).
Old 11-05-2015, 06:07 PM   #8
Laiina

I have found that in the new zones a merc is pretty useless. They die too easy, can't heal enough, and dps is very low. Especially for the first two zones in the Sig quest, you are much better off trying to get human partner.
Old 11-05-2015, 07:13 PM   #9
Netharius

Hi Laiina,

I think it depends a lot on the class you're playing, which merc you're paired with, and whether or not you completed the TS signature. For me, having either a TS-Sig secondary buffed Kluuron V'Lorn or Lorr' Kejut will consistently hit somewhere in the realm of 500-700k DPS in advanced solos, spiking at around 1M at times.

Here's a parse from a Heroic we 4-manned with two such mercs:

[IMG]

Lorr would have done much better but his master kept him on passive most of the time...I can't blame him as Kluuron wasn't and was very enthusiastic LOL...he kept charging down the halls screaming, "WWWWwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!"

If you're using a common merc like Stamper or even an elite old world merc (Kenny et al.) you'll probably have a hard time. If you didn't get the AoM CE, you're best bet (and about a 20% upgrade to Kluuron) would be Lorr'Kejut as far as healer mercs go. The other thing is to try to pull small groups, no more than 2-3 at a time. Go slow, be cautious until you get most of your gear replaced.

I would agree that a human partner is a much better option for anyone who's struggling, but the two mercs I cited do very well according to my own testing.
Old 11-05-2015, 09:06 PM   #10
Moonpanther

It's a shame, because I love the look of this one. Looks like Kluuron will remain my main merc unless they can beef this one up a bit.
Moonpanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 08:50 AM   #11
Chrol

Developer

The new glaufaye merc has been updated as of a few days ago. Have any of you tried it recently?

Edit: And thanks for the great feedback on her Netharius. I bumped your original thread so if you have more to say about her just reply to that one.
Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 09:46 AM   #12
Netharius

Hi Chrol,

I did notice that some of her ability recast times have been shortened, but this hasn't really had a big impact on her performance. I posted fresh parses in the bumped thread along with some observations and suggestions which might help the devs get her damage up to par.

I hope that helps!

Hi Moonpanther,

Don't give up hope yet! It sounds like they're actively working on this now, so feel sure that the Delidrae we get on Live will be strong and capable. In the meantime, I will continue to keep you guys posted on my findings in the other thread!