EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-04-2006, 12:14 AM   #31
selch

Lord

Blackguard wrote:
Now that this is out there, I know there's not much point in me removing the link or trying to cover anything up. I just wanted to jump in here and point out that this is Alpha footage. The animations aren't done on the Fae or some of the creatures you see, and we have not reached the Beta stage for Echoes of Faydwer at all yet. This footage was actually taken as a rough cut for a video, and I'm not sure how it got out there.Enjoy the unintentional rough sneak peak of some of EoF, but be kind about its Alpha state. SMILEY

Good thing you did not let "Monk" to tank there, video would last very short SMILEY Alpha, Beta does not matter.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:25 AM   #32
valkyrja

Loremaster

Did anyone notice the Orc they are fighting at the end of the video actually has Asymmetrical armor?  I really hope they will be some asymmetrical armor that player can wear.
Old 08-04-2006, 12:30 AM   #33
selch

Lord

oh and not to mention, (may be I will be the only one doing a negative comment and yes, it is not about being it Alpha) what the hell happened to Faydark with "mushrooms" turned into Smurfs land amusement park rather than being a dense and magical forest?

Message Edited by selch on 08-03-2006 01:31 PM

Old 08-04-2006, 12:57 AM   #34
Rijacki

Tester

Kordran wrote:
I thought it was funny that in one of the fights, they knock the head off of one of those rock monsters, it staggers a bit, picks up its head and puts it back on and resumes fighting.

Reminds me of the first time in EQ1 when I saw a Kunark skeleton "playing" with its skull while idling.  Heck, I think I chuckled just about every time I saw that for the whole 2 years I was playing.  I'd even go to Kunark intentionally and try to catch skellies louging around just to see it.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:00 AM   #35
Seiden

Loremaster

there better be a "remove wings" option for raids.
Seiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 01:02 AM   #36
Viohlen

Seiden wrote:
there better be a "remove wings" option for raids.

Only if your Guild Leader is a Troll.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:03 AM   #37
Seiden

Loremaster

Viohlence wrote:

Seiden wrote:there better be a "remove wings" option for raids.

Only if your Guild Leader is a Troll.

or if all the colorful wings everywhere is giving me a seizure
Seiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 01:06 AM   #38
Kerowynn

Loremaster

selch wrote:
oh and not to mention, (may be I will be the only one doing a negative comment and yes, it is not about being it Alpha) what the hell happened to Faydark with "mushrooms" turned into Smurfs land amusement park rather than being a dense and magical forest?

Message Edited by selch on 08-03-200601:31 PM

Haha!  I have been wondering that, too .. well, not the smurf part but about all the Mushrooms!   I never once even harvested up a single mushroom in EQ1 in GFay or BB / SF or LFay .. but .. I was wondering if part of Luclin rained down on G.Fay?  Specifically, Fungus Grove ? ? 

The Fae's look about like what I was thinking they would look like .. SOGA view aside .. They are Wood Elves with Wings.   I was worried when I saw the 1st picture of them as gnomes with wings but *whew* Wood Elves are so better .. gnomes with wings would have brought out even more screaming "my little pony girls" to the game and that couldn't have boded well for EQ2's future  ..  

Hopefully, they remember to remove the running footsteps from the "hovering" fairies when they are "flying" ...

Old 08-04-2006, 01:11 AM   #39
FlintAH

Loremaster

The tripod rocks kinda suck.  They bounce around everytime they get hit.  It looks like you are fighting a slinky instead of a hulking rock mob.
FlintAH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 01:14 AM   #40
Aer

General

I do believe there is lore somewhere that states the Fae rose to spread growth around faydwer.  Those Giant Mushrooms can be blamed on that most likely.  On subject though, I'm downloading the vid right now, saw the beginning and I'm excited.  Faydwer was the best continent of EQ and it looks like they'll keep it as my favorite in EQ2.
Old 08-04-2006, 01:20 AM   #41
selch

Lord

Kerowynn wrote:

Haha!  I have been wondering that, too .. well, not the smurf part but about all the Mushrooms!   I never once even harvested up a single mushroom in EQ1 in GFay or BB / SF or LFay .. but .. I was wondering if part of Luclin rained down on G.Fay?  Specifically, Fungus Grove ? ? 

Rings a bell I say SMILEY
Old 08-04-2006, 01:48 AM   #42
Celestian_

General

selch wrote:

Kerowynn wrote:
Rings a bell I say SMILEY
I seem to recall the fae being mushroom fans.  I dunno if I am mixing them up with some other sub-race of them but their are villages in those shrooms in Fay... and Fay had shrooms in EQ1 so it's not far fetched.Besides, they already said that the colours for Fay are not finished. The lighting wasn't finalized or some such, search and I'm sure you'll find the dev response.
Old 08-04-2006, 02:10 AM   #43
Blackguard

Developer

selch wrote:oh and not to mention, (may be I will be the only one doing a negative comment and yes, it is not about being it Alpha) what the hell happened to Faydark with "mushrooms" turned into Smurfs land amusement park rather than being a dense and magical forest?
The forest is still quite dense and magical. The mushrooms you see do have a lore basis for being there. All I'll say is that it has something to do with the influence of growth.

YARR!!!
Blackguard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 02:26 AM   #44
selch

Lord

Blackguard wrote:

selch wrote:oh and not to mention, (may be I will be the only one doing a negative comment and yes, it is not about being it Alpha) what the hell happened to Faydark with "mushrooms" turned into Smurfs land amusement park rather than being a dense and magical forest?
The forest is still quite dense and magical. The mushrooms you see do have a lore basis for being there. All I'll say is that it has something to do with the influence of growth.

Thank you for your response. It came to me weird, there was not Mushrooms (which are actually known to be parasite-effects to other flora) while in Tunare's most mighty times, would be sad if Tunare allow those parasites, when she returned back...Just became uncomfortable considering how dangerous they are to nature itself and is allowed by Fae to grow that large and spread widely (and to be honest, disliked the "cute" view in the Faydark, rather than charming view)

Message Edited by selch on 08-03-2006 03:30 PM

Old 08-04-2006, 02:31 AM   #45
Snarks

Loremaster

very impressed by the video - i cant wait >_<
Old 08-04-2006, 02:34 AM   #46
Eriol

Loremaster

I can't imagine how annoying the sound of wings flapping with every movement will get for those who play fae. Similar to the annoyances of Familiars in eq1.Otherwise, neat video.
Eriol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 02:42 AM   #47
Calthine

ZAM EQII

Blackguard wrote:

selch wrote:

All I can say is -

Holy Tunare!

Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 02:42 AM   #48
Snapdragyn

Loremaster

While many mushrooms are parasites, many more grow on dead wood or leaf litter & help to decompose it. Without them, growth would be inhibited as nutrients lay around bound up in unrotting wood & leaves.

There was a 'mushroom village' in G'Fay in EQ 1, so the precedent exists for some odd & colorful mushrooms there.

Snapdragyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 02:54 AM   #49
Neiloch

Loremaster

Looks alright. If I can't make a Fae though that isn't so "rainbow-rific" I'll just stick to my Droag illusion on my main hehe.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:01 AM   #50
Jezekie

General

Looks like mini elfs with wings.
Old 08-04-2006, 03:03 AM   #51
Lexan

General

OMG!!! Its totally skratchet..... In troub form SMILEY
Kazzi... Defiler of Ye Drunken Horde
Lexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 03:11 AM   #52
Kordran

Loremaster

Blackguard wrote:

selch wrote:

But what message are we sending to our children!? Fairy creatures, bright colors and magical mushrooms can only lead down a path of destruction and toad-licking that our youth are ill-prepared to handle. Stop, now, before it is too late!

:smileyvery-happy:

Edit: For some reason, I found myself humming the tune to H.R. Pufnstuf as I wrote that. Odd, isn't it?

Message Edited by Kordran on 08-03-2006 04:16 PM

Old 08-04-2006, 03:34 AM   #53
Winter

Crazy for Fae!

Blackguard wrote:

selch wrote:

A HA! I think I was right! The Fae grew to either the lack of influence from Tunare OR the influence from Tunare returning after so many years!!!!!! BIG faeries, BIG mushboomies!
Old 08-04-2006, 03:44 AM   #54
Terrak

Loremaster

Blackguard wrote:

Mushrooms, "influence of 'growth'"These wouldn't happen to be the type of mushroom that will result in the newly created Kelethin based characters wearing tye-dye t-shirts and pondering whether C-A-T actually spells dog, will they? SMILEY
Mistmoore
Terrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 03:46 AM   #55
Greenion

Loremaster

well if you ask alice, only one side makes you tall...
Old 08-04-2006, 04:31 AM   #56
EshamBlm

Loremaster

I know this is probably gonna be pretty common but I am making a Fae Fury anyway :smileyvery-happy:
Old 08-04-2006, 04:39 AM   #57
StoneySilen

General

That looks pretty sweet.  Although I thought the wings on the Fae looked a bit cardboard/stiff like while in the fight scenes.  But when flying were nice and fluid.  But that could have been the camera angle because there was one time when the camera moved over the mob and zoomed out a bit and the wings looked fluid again.  Also could have been something to do with graphic settings I guess.

I laughed when I saw the monk and zerker (I guess) fighting the Rock Golem and it's head fell off.  Then it stopped and picked it's head up and put it back on.  That was great.

I am more excited about this expansion than either of the two previous ones.  They were great expansions but the videos just didn't do anything for me.

Old 08-04-2006, 05:20 AM   #58
Lotus

Developer

In regards to the Fae.  The animations seen in this video are still very rough and incomplete.  Expect a much more polished Fae by release SMILEY

Lotus

73 Inquisitor

Unrest
Lotus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 05:30 AM   #59
Pitt Hammerfi

General

Lotus wrote:

In regards to the Fae.  The animations seen in this video are still very rough and incomplete.  Expect a much more polished Fae by release SMILEY

well they still look great anyway SMILEYI love the robots tooWish i had a uber PC to play in the settings of that video

www.advancedws.com.au
Pitt Hammerfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 06:04 AM   #60
selch

Lord

Lotus wrote:

Just got 2 questions Lotus:1. ) Will you add real Gi's such as Gi of the Ashen Disciple to monks (yes, all types monks, not just raiders) or we will see 5 more expansions color changed casual ones?2. ) The monk's animation and model on these video, is it something to do with animations (crouched with legs cross changing suddenly), or is it sucky because it is a SOGA model (well, SOGA are default sucky and that's reason I don't use, just curious if it is already same in live)

Message Edited by selch on 08-03-2006 07:14 PM