EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-02-2006, 12:11 AM   #61
Uumuuanu

Loremaster

You know you play too much EQ2 when...

your neighbor yells at you for ~harvesting~ from her flowerbed.   and she is just as bad when she yells  ~you node thief~ as you run back to your yard.

you try right click on your dog and want to click ~play dead~

you think that annoying blinking light on your office phone is the email icon.

you send a petition asking for the pop server of the norrathian mailbox so you can check your ingame mail at work.

you ask your doctor for a ~cure disease~ spell.

you say OMG instead of oh my god.

you think of work as punished since you can't play EQ then.

you actually play EQ at work!

you wake up in the morning and wonder why your vitality hasn't gone back up.

you wake up in the morning and wonder if your debt is gone.

you tell your spouse you are going harvesting at the store and if they want anything.    ~and they reply can you havest some lettuce while you are there~

you asked your banker where the ~guild bank~ is since you need to borrow some money.

you asked the person at QVC if they could just email the item to you.

you wished you could cast SOW on your car so you could pass someone on the freeway.

you wonder how many slots your backpack has when you are loading it up for school.

you wished you could root your boss in his office

you come up with your own /emotes for everything, like /stupid and /bugoff

you go out to a restruant with friends and everyone thinks you are speaking a foriegn language because of the EQ talk.

you call McDonalds the local provisioner,  can I get a stack of hamburgers and a stack of cokes please.

you reply back to the drive through window ~do you want fries with that~   sure, I'll have a stack of those too.

you wonder if you coat has enough cold resist before you go outside.

you try to inspect the tags in clothes looking for the AC and resists.

you wonder why your wedding ring seems to be called the ~Ring of Slavery~ and wonder if it has negative INT on it.

you go shopping with a friend and she doesn't want to buy something and you say back  ~Only a traitor would pass up a bargain like this, you're not a traitor are you~

you grab your wallet and wonder if you have enough plat on you to pay for these groceries.

you want a debit card in the game instead of having to carry plat.

you try to /reply to missed phone calls  (which were missed because you were playing EQ)

you put   "guild" in your email when trying to send an email to all of your coworkers.

you are running late and you look for your Jboots to make up for lost time.

you keep hoping to find a 'Winning the lotto - Master 1"

and last but not least your voicemail sounds something like this -

Sorry I missed your /tell.   I am not currently in zone, so please send an email or leave whatever you have in the guild bank, I'll pick it up as soon as I am done with this instance.   

Uumuuanu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 01:43 AM   #62
CacheR

General

*snort*..  /emotes .. *chuckle* .. at work .. **chortle* .. vitality  .. *laugh* .. root the boss .. *fall out of chair* .. emotes .. too close to home to be funny .. stack of fries .. *really laughing now* .. ring of slavery .. O M F G - cant breathe .. GASP

Message Edited by CacheRAM on 03-01-200602:43 PM

Frostwynde, 46 Templar ; Oobadah, 44 Conjurer ; Cacheram, 34 Ranger ; Ghoulthane, 26 Necromancer ; Thugg, 24 Paladin ; Icepick, 24 Guardian ; Thyldor, 16 Mystic ; Abochein, 13 Warden ; Woodwerkr, 11 Fury ; Chumba, 10 Wizard.
Why so many? I used to tradeskill ...
CacheR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 02:38 AM   #63
Howlingmoon

Loremaster

CacheRAM wrote:
*snort*.. /emotes .. *chuckle* .. at work .. **chortle* .. vitality .. *laugh* .. root the boss .. *fall out of chair* .. emotes .. too close to home to be funny .. stack of fries .. *really laughing now* .. ring of slavery .. O M F G - cant breathe .. GASP

Message Edited by CacheRAM on 03-01-200602:43 PM

SMILEY

Sorrows End Guild Website

And Ye Harm None, Do What Ye Will.

What's meant to be will always find a way.

Never put off 'til tomorrow what you can put off 'til next week.
Howlingmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 06:21 AM   #64
Stormcoming

Loremaster

safrina wrote:
When you find yourself sitting in your pajamas at 5pm with a half eatin bagel at your side-laundry not done ,no dinner made etc.

And along these lines.....

When your rl spouse, who also plays in game, tells you "i'm hungry, what's for dinner"..... and you run and mail some fresh food whipped up in a tradeskill instance.... and you then realize your spouse no longer cons amiably to you and you wonder why....

When your late for appointments.... and while rushing to get to them.... you keep trying to come up with a better excuse then "well see, my group was finishing an hq and couldn't stop"

When your term paper is due or you have to go to work..... but, double exp ends tomorrow..... and the game wins.

The only bills that ever get paid on time anymore are the ones that enable you to play EQ.

And that pile of laundry...... when you "mouse over" with your eyes.... bah, it's only at 60 percent, it still has a few more hits in it....

Old 03-02-2006, 05:55 PM   #65
onimarox

Loremaster

When i was sitting in my house wondering why it is never as clean as my 5bd, also was wondering why my 2bd apt didnt look as spiffy as my 5bd ingame.
onimarox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:24 PM   #66
Verlaine

Loremaster

True story here,

My guild leader, who shall remain nameless, named her new dog Kael Icepaw from eq1 :smileyvery-happy:

Verlaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:58 PM   #67
BtilTheMage

Loremaster

When you cancel your account.
BtilTheMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 08:43 AM   #68
Cool 24

General

You know you play EQ2 too much when you try to find the recipe list for your term paper.

You know you play EQ2 too much when you say to yourself while writing the term paper "You have been hit with 23 points of damage from a major typo".

Cool 24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 09:24 AM   #69
Tiphison

Loremaster

You start having your dinner at the computer to keep playing... Seriously, I never eat at the computer. Last time I did such a crazy and wreckless thing was when I was unlocking my Jedi.

My Myspace Profile!
Tiphison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2006, 10:25 AM   #70
Stormcoming

Loremaster

Cool 2485 wrote:

You know you play EQ2 too much when you say to yourself while writing the term paper "You have been hit with 23 points of damage from a major typo".

LOL, definately relate.....  and damage on term paper from using perfectly legit words in game in the paper.....
Old 03-05-2006, 12:34 PM   #71
Howlingmoon

Loremaster

lol I was just talking to Calthine about her pregnancy and she said she's really encumbered atm. SMILEY I just had to post that as one of the ways to know you play too much EQ2. SMILEY/hugs Calthine

Old 03-05-2006, 11:18 PM   #72
Calthine

ZAM EQII

:smileytongue:

/hugs

Please visit my non-gaming Blog! or follow me on Twitter!

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 09:42 PM   #73
Kinus

Loremaster

I passed by a house yesterday with a bunch of cars out front and said hey look, Guildmeeting.

Kinus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 11:44 PM   #74
Zard

General

. . . you are buying something and hear the cha-ching sound when you hand over your cash.

. . . hear a DING! on your birthday.

. . . refer to the new guy in your department as "the Noob."

Old 03-07-2006, 12:45 AM   #75
Clair_DArth

Loremaster

....someone asks the 4yr old, "where do you live?" and her reply is "South Qeynos".

**"Don't cry because it's over. Smile because it happened."**
Dr. Seuss
Clair_DArth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2006, 11:58 AM   #76
Howlingmoon

Loremaster

lol I was just talking to Treespark, and she was talking about cleaning her house. I told her, remember to come over and do mine when you're done. She said she would paddle right over, and I said just use your CoUS. (She's in Korea. SMILEY)

Old 03-07-2006, 10:46 PM   #77
CacheR

General

YKYPTMEQ2W .. you refer to a Union as a Guild (it happened -- brother is Union member, got confused when I asked how his Guild was) HAR!!
Frostwynde, 46 Templar ; Oobadah, 44 Conjurer ; Cacheram, 34 Ranger ; Ghoulthane, 26 Necromancer ; Thugg, 24 Paladin ; Icepick, 24 Guardian ; Thyldor, 16 Mystic ; Abochein, 13 Warden ; Woodwerkr, 11 Fury ; Chumba, 10 Wizard.
Why so many? I used to tradeskill ...
CacheR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2006, 09:06 PM   #78
Hiro

General

I have two:-When you try to examine somebody walking by because they have a uber looking jacket-When you see a highlighted word and you try and click on it to see what it does
Hiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 02:58 AM   #79
Yuglooc

Loremaster

... you cancel plans for Spring Break in the Bahamas when you find out your friends want to go to Freeport
Yuglooc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2006, 04:57 AM   #80
Soda2

General

Always fun I love these!You think about how your going to make your coffe, because.. you where to lazy to go out and get some beans..You get put in a group at work/school, and You tell the teacher, you Don't have eouhn DPS to take down the name you need for a quest( I really did this one.. My teacher stare at me and shook her head)you point at one of your friends and scream FP, Because they where try to stab you.
Soda2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2006, 01:44 AM   #81
Jacobian21

Loremaster

You stop taking phone calls from friends and family because it distracts you from crafting... and they wonder if you're mad at them!

You get complimented on your furniture and someone ask you where you got it... you reply: Kiana made it for me, you like? (hugs Kiana)

You spend your down time at work and school planning out which toons to TS/exp lvl when you get home and how to use up all the vit you got when you weren't home.

You try to get your mom addicted and she just shakes her head and walks away.

You start planning your dates and meetings around your crafting schedule.

You randomly start humming the zoning music at work.

Your main prerequisite for a significant other is that they have at least a T5 toon on your server so you can duo in SS.

Message Edited by Jacobian21 on 03-10-200612:45 PM

Sapphiredragon 90 Sage/90 Illusionist/450 Tink

Balinore 83 Alchemist/90 Mystic

Rigidharmony 90 Woodworker/90 Dirge

Bluelotus 90 Provisioner/90 Monk/400 Tink

Daragon 90 Weaponsmith/83 Pally

Frozenhellian 90 Armorer/82 Wiz/17 Tink

Debonaire 90 Tailor/81 Conj

Tempestdragon 83 Templar/14 Scholar

Cityboy 90 Alchy/51 Fury/450 Muting/Adorning

Masterslice 90 Jeweler/27 Swashy

Cheesehead 80 Sage/35 Wiz

Blackdiablo 80 Woodworker/26 Warlock

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot - Nektulos Server
Jacobian21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 01:30 AM   #82
Marytaten

Loremaster

"You spend your down time at work and school planning out which toons to TS/exp lvl when you get home and how to use up all the vit you got when you weren't home."

[Removed for Content] I do this all day. Then when I get home someone needs my healer and I just end up leveling her up. SMILEY but that's ok, the more slave driven I am with her. I can work on other things later. Great post!!!!!

actually I have one too......You know you play too much when..

You dream about playing. I had a dream the other night that I was in a group, I threw a heal on the tank, but it didn't heal him. No matter how I healed his hp were only going up a little... lol I woke up and was like "what the hell" lol good stuff.

90 Kerran Defiler

Marytaten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 02:10 AM   #83
novok

Loremaster

You tell your boss that you "haven't finished your writs yet because the servers are down for an update".

As you are setting up for your spring cleaning yard sale it starts to rain and you mutter "@#$% broker's down again".
Old 03-31-2006, 04:13 AM   #84
LordAdd

General

This thread is hilarious! 

Here are a few to ponder...

• you walk into a new enviroment and immediately try to /con anybody present.
  • you pass a library and wonder if there are any new book quests since you leveled last night.
  • as you walk into school/work, you see a stack of books and want to click on them.
  • a hand appears before your eyes whenever you see a closed door.
  • in a crowded room full of conversation, you think to yourself "I need to set a new tab".
  • a neighborhood dog starts barking at you and you spin to /autoattack while thinking "[expletive haxx0red by Raijinn] I hate those legbiters!"
  • your boss/teacher/mother-in-law ALWAYS cons red with an outline and you wonder if your faction will ever raise to indifferent.
  • you get fired because you missed too much work (playing EQ2 all night, every night), and the first thought that pops into your head is " I gotta get my store  restocked..."
  • you awake in the middle of the night and KNOW how to solo that ^^ that has always beat you!
  • everyday people begin to take on the characteristics and appearences of Gnomes, Trolls, Scouts, NPCs..., and they don't play EQ2

All I can think of at atm.  :smileyhappy:

LordAdder
Quick, Silent, Deadly
Elfar El'Enovul
LordAdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 03:17 PM   #85
Tradeskill_Addict

Loremaster

..... you wonder if your cat would give a medium quality sullied pelt or just an average qualtiy sullied pelt
..... you put coffebeans in the microwave and expect a cup of steaming coffee to appear
..... you expect quest rewards in addition to your salary every time you finish a project
..... you search for glasses of milk in the supermarket
..... think its a bug that you can dye your hair every day in a new colour

Old 03-31-2006, 11:25 PM   #86
Brainwarp

Loremaster

... when you read 4 pages of "You know you play too much EQ2 when" posts.... when you refer to spending time with your wife/husband as "AGRO"... if you ever tried to Equip a BigMac.... spend more time at work thinking up "You know you play too much EQ2 when" sayings then working.... thought of your boss as a Named 3^^^ Heroic.... started jumping for no reason making those grunting noises.... when you try to get your wife addicted to the game so you can play more EQ2 whenever you want.... try to teach your wife how to harvest for you when you are AFK.

Message Edited by Brainwarp on 03-31-200610:27 AM

Brainwarp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 03:54 PM   #87
Revanis

Loremaster

..you walk to a local bar and try to order dwarven ale.....you start singing EQ2 theme song while your computer is booting....when you buy something new, the words "phat lewt" appear in your head..

Revanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 05:00 PM   #88
beekeep

Loremaster

This one probably points to poor mental health rather than playing to much....

Sometimes I think I can hear the level ding, on hearing it I find myself looking around to see who has the purple swirls surrounding them so as I can "Grats" them.

Kraben/Worlock
beekeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2006, 08:07 PM   #89
Forsaken Falc

General

Lol its not so much what you say or think but what othere people hear you say on team speak in your house

"Quick! Marry Root them now, While I pull this guy off & Garry give's us some crack"!

Forsaken Falc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2007, 08:36 PM   #90
Jacobian21

Loremaster

I wish we could revive this thread.  There's a lot of funny stuff in here! SMILEY

you know you play too much EQ2 when...

- you're chatting on AIM and always hit "enter" before typing and it gives you an error

- you forget to eat because you're too busy grinding at your crafting station, and then suddenly realize it's 3am and you are hungry

(that's all I got right now.. not feeling very creative, but I was hoping to prompt other people to come up with some funny ones)  SMILEY

Sapphiredragon 90 Sage/90 Illusionist/450 Tink

Balinore 83 Alchemist/90 Mystic

Rigidharmony 90 Woodworker/90 Dirge

Bluelotus 90 Provisioner/90 Monk/400 Tink

Daragon 90 Weaponsmith/83 Pally

Frozenhellian 90 Armorer/82 Wiz/17 Tink

Debonaire 90 Tailor/81 Conj

Tempestdragon 83 Templar/14 Scholar

Cityboy 90 Alchy/51 Fury/450 Muting/Adorning

Masterslice 90 Jeweler/27 Swashy

Cheesehead 80 Sage/35 Wiz

Blackdiablo 80 Woodworker/26 Warlock