EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Expansions and Adventure Packs
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2012, 12:39 PM   #1
alabama

Loremaster
alabama's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 182
Default

whats coming up in August or the next expansion?

meat and potatoe wise, not sc garbage

__________________
Smokejumper: "The monthly subscription fee means players can expect a lot of new content from us. And I say a lot - I really mean that. This is something that we feel obligated to the players, because they are paying monthly sub fee."

alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 10:39 AM   #2
dreken

Loremaster
dreken's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 22
Default

mini games, 

seriously, 

 EQ2 has really lost direction

dreken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 12:07 PM   #3
Twyxx

Guardian
Twyxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: CA
Posts: 244
Default

alabama wrote:

whats coming up in August or the next expansion?

meat and potatoe wise, not sc garbage

August you get asparagus...enjoy.

Next expansion is sometime Nov/Dec and is supposed to be a content expansion with some new zone that wasn't part of Eq1 and was barely mentioned in the lore apparently.

__________________
Twyxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2012, 07:27 PM   #4
Thunndar316

Loremaster
Thunndar316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,681
Default

Hopefully a ton of information on EQ Next. 

I would settle for anything over one lousy screenshot

__________________


Sleight of Hand is USELESS
Thunndar316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 05:26 PM   #5
Halo of G4

Loremaster
Halo of G4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 283
Default

Twyxx wrote:

alabama wrote:

whats coming up in August or the next expansion?

meat and potatoe wise, not sc garbage

August you get asparagus...enjoy.

Next expansion is sometime Nov/Dec and is supposed to be a content expansion with some new zone that wasn't part of Eq1 and was barely mentioned in the lore apparently.

It's probably going to be The Deadhills involving Kyle Bayle's fallen colony New Qeynos.

__________________
LU2012: Valve has bought SoE. EQ2 has been renamed FortressQuest 2 with Freeport and Qeynos respectively becoming Blu and RED base.

Added Raid Zone:

The Goldrush: Dwell into the depths of RED base to defeat the Heavy, a powerful foe that even the Nameless fears.

Halo of G4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:48 AM   #6
Celline-Layonaire

Loremaster
Celline-Layonaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: UN (Kelethin branch)
Posts: 347
Default

You know, Gamescom 2012 would be the perfect date for expansion announcement....

any later than that, well then = won't be released this year 

Celline-Layonaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:05 PM   #7
Kram337

Loremaster
Kram337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: 123 Fake ST SE, Freeport, Norath 90210
Posts: 499
Default

Thunndar316 wrote:

Hopefully a ton of information on EQ Next. 

I would settle for anything over one lousy screenshot

Quoted for emphesis. I'm really excited to hear and see what the next generation of EQ is going to be like.

Kram337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:43 PM   #8
feldon30

Fansite Staff
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,424
Default

Kram337 wrote:

Thunndar316 wrote:

Hopefully a ton of information on EQ Next. 

I would settle for anything over one lousy screenshot

Quoted for emphesis. I'm really excited to hear and see what the next generation of EQ is going to be like.

SOE Live 2013 is the earliest I think we'll see anything. But more likely 2014. That's not a playable game by the way, just screenshots and a trailer.

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 03:53 PM   #9
Kram337

Loremaster
Kram337's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: 123 Fake ST SE, Freeport, Norath 90210
Posts: 499
Default

Not that they haven't already made two great games without our input but the sooner we can get in on what decisions they're making the sooner we can tell them what we want as a community. Though in all honesty, I liked EQ2 at release, before they had all our feedback a bit more than I do now.

Just thinking about things like death penalty (turning into a ghost and all), the rate at which you level, stuff like that just made it feel more EQ1ish. But now days there is no penalty for death and you can get a character to max level in a single day. The game we have today wasn't the game they released 7 years ago, its the game they've changed over the years to appease the noisiest of the populace.

So on one hand I'd love to tell them what we want as a community but on the other hand, I'm not sure it's such a good thing. Feels like over the years we've all gone from hardcore gamers to instant gratification monsters. I guess what I'm saying is that; I wish I could give them just my feedback and nobody elses ;D

Kram337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 07:27 PM   #10
Occam

Loremaster
Occam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 121
Default

Kram337 wrote:

I wish I could give them just my feedback and nobody elses ;D

You can: http://www.soe.com/careers/ :p

__________________
Occam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 10:34 AM   #11
Iad

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 250
Default

feldon30 wrote:

SOE Live 2013 is the earliest I think we'll see anything. But more likely 2014. That's not a playable game by the way, just screenshots and a trailer.

Don't say such terrible things!

Iad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:26 AM   #12
feldon30

Fansite Staff
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 5,424
Default

The recent job posting for EQNext suggested that a lot of it is still in the conceptual phase. Maybe I misread it.
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:50 PM   #13
Thunndar316

Loremaster
Thunndar316's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,681
Default

I know it takes minimum 4-5 years to develop a new MMO.  I understand they are working on the "next gen" MMO and don't want to let any secrets out. 

I am just so anxious to hear and see some concrete information on this game.

__________________


Sleight of Hand is USELESS
Thunndar316 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 01:53 PM   #14
Iad

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 250
Default

feldon30 wrote:

The recent job posting for EQNext suggested that a lot of it is still in the conceptual phase. Maybe I misread it.

Not sure. I do know that during Smedley's AMA on reddit last month, someone asked if there's a chance that more information would be available this year on EQ Next, and Smedley answered with a yes.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/commen...veteran/c5ngux6

Iad is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 07:29 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.