EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-30-2012, 07:35 PM   #91
Pariel

Loremaster

Quite simply put, I will not hand over any of my credit card, bank details, address or telephone number to PSS1. I play on Freeport but live in Europe. I will only ever play on Freeport. But I will not open any kind of account with those people, no matter how much you tell us that it will be all fine. Use google - the truth is out there SMILEY

Therefore, if you're unable to offer me the continuation of my SOE account, using SOE payments and subscriptions, then this game will no longer exist for me.

UK player, SOE account forever
Pariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:42 PM   #92
Duolast

Lord

Well,  I'm out of here.  The only decision is whether to request a refund or play on for a few months.  I will not under any circumstances provide PSS1 with any personal data or bank details.

Duolast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #93
Fudged
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Blood and Steel

Loremaster

A valid point was raised (in-game), is there a clause in the EULA to allow such changes?  I couldn't see one except the blanket that you are allowed to change the EULA at any time (point 3, for those intrested), but none that I could see that specifically say that amendments can be made without our agreeing to them. point 3 in full, says

3. We may amend this Agreement at any time in our sole discretion. Amendments shall be communicated to you at the time you log into your Account. Such amendments shall be effective whenever we make the notification available for your review. 

Earlier, in the EULA, it states ... by hitting accept, you agree to the terms and conditions ... I personally have not seen any button labelled 'accept' for these changes.

Also, the amendments have not been made available for review, they are just going ahead, and the amendments are not being communicated when we log-in, but by having to visit a Forum, seperate from our log in to our account.  I know that this point relates to the software, and that SOE retains the unfettered right to modify its games and all aspects of characters, items and coin (collectively, "Virtual Goods") therein. However, at no point does the EULA state that SOE may change who 'holds' our account or if the way in which we access our character or the servers is 'fixed' to SoE only.

In that respect, it's a loophole that has been exploited to facilitate the switch to prosieben, one which, in the T&Cs, is allowed, but frowned upon by the community at large.

Thoughts?

Fudged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:43 PM   #94
daray

Loremaster

Really, what is so hard about providing grandfather rights to existing SOE customers, where existing EU customers have the option (if they want) to continue:

• paying SOE for the service
  • and continuing to access the games through SOE's gateway

And then SOE arrange some royalty swap agreement with PSS1 for those existing accounts (in other words forward our money to PSS1 "behind the scenes").

You would have to think that keeping existing customers, that are going to otherwise quit, must have some value to SOE.

daray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #95
Mark_t50

Loremaster

Well, thanks for answering what you can, I guess...

Not quite sure what feedback people can offer at this stage, it is obvious the deal is done and we are being told in a 'diplomatic' way to either accept it or get lost.

I can only echo some other peoples sentiment in that I have no intention of dealing with P7S1 so will not be making an account with them, I also will not be 'waiting' to see how things go, why should I invest anymore time in games that I will no longer be able to play whether it be a month, 3 months or whenever it is that SOE cut the cord and force people into needing a P7S1 account.

The way this has been handled is shameful imho, SOE have certainly pulled some tricks in the past but this one takes the biscuit. A sad way to end a long term 'Friendship'

Farewell...

Mark_t50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:49 PM   #96
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

"Will we have to use a new launcher? Yes, European players will receive a new launcher similar to the one recently deployed by SOE to provide a secure and reliable login process for the EU servers. Using the European launcher will be mandatory since it will also be used to deliver game patches and news updates."

So, I'm in the UK. I play on a US server. If I have to have the Euro launcher, won't that clash with me using a US server when it needs patches or providing relevant news?  I wont care what is happening on the Euro servers.  Be nice to think that patches will come at the same time, but at the least I suspect they will be done at (eg) 7am in local time to minimise disruption, so I may get my patches late/early or end up with double downtime?

Edit: It seems ridiculous and needlessly complicated to make players who have characters ONLY on US servers have to have the Euro launcher and a PSS1 account.  Surely this is the most complicated way possible of handling things and linking the two systems up behind the scenes?  Just pass my sub to PSS1 for heavens sake. Its not rocket science.

Played Since Launch: Highkeep/Butcherblock

Ratonga 92 Assassin/92 Carpenter

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

"I won't sit down, I won't shut up, but most of all I will not grow up" - Frank Turner
Pipsissiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:51 PM   #97
Aarionn

Loremaster

Well that puts the end to my eq2 forever (and any future soe games).

I am only sorry that I cannot cancel twice...

Cya all good friends of EQ2. I hope to see you again somewhere...

Old 03-30-2012, 07:53 PM   #98
Armawk
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Nos Es Rutilus

Loremaster

I live in New Zealand (not a country on your list). Two of my three accounts were created from UK retail boxed sets, the other purchased online and is a US account. Can I be assured that SOE will properly update my accounts so I do not get considered to be 'European' as I neither live in, have accounts in, nor ever intend to return to Europe?

*answered and fixed by CS*

Armawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 07:55 PM   #99
Pariel

Loremaster

I wonder if the "EU" part of you is based on your postal address or IP?

I have relatives in the US, I can use their address!!

It must be postal, how would it work for US military personnel based in Europe?

Old 03-30-2012, 07:56 PM   #100
Kinya
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Runnyeye Raiding Club

Fansite Staff

Brasse,

so when transition will cam and we decide we don't want to create accounts with PSS1 you will just lock us, european customers, out of the game for which we paid for so long?

Also I have question concerning Forums.

"Will European players still have access to the SOE forums in order to interact with the Developers? If not, how will Players be able to communicate with and provide feedback to SOE?European players will have their own localized forums and service, and will still be able to access the U.S. forums."

So in order to log and post on SOE forums, will I have to do it by using soe account details or pss1?

http://babagra.pl - Polish Everquest 2 Fansite

Kinya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:01 PM   #101
Bhagpuss

Tester

" Will we have to use a new launcher? Yes, European players will receive a new launcher similar to the one recently deployed by SOE to provide a secure and reliable login process for the EU servers. Using the European launcher will be mandatory since it will also be used to deliver game patches and news updates. "

So, let's say I am in the UK and playing on Freeport, a US server, using my PSS1 account and logging in via their launcher. SoE brings the US servers down at 2pm PST (10pm GMT) for an emergency patch. The server comes back up at 3pm PST (11pm GMT).

My version no longer matches. I need to patch to log back in. Will the PSS1 launcher immediately and automatically apply the US server patch? Or will I need to wait until PSS1 patch their servers, possibly the next day?

Will "local time differences" mean EU and US servers will commonly be out of synch in periods of frequent patching (after GUs etc)? If so, will the launchers be able to patch each server appropriately or will EU customers have to wait (or indeed US customers who play on  EU servers, who will have received a patch from SOE through their launcher before the EU server is ready for it)?

I mention this as a practical issue. There's every chance I won't need to worry about it until EQNext arrives, though. The only SOE game going to PSS1 that I would be playing is EQ2 and I'm pretty sure I can muddle along without EQ2 with the crutch of Guild Wars 2 to lean on and EQ1 and Vanguard still on my SoE account.

With a bit of luck, by the time EQNext comes out this whole sorry mess will have fallen apart the way the Ubisoft and LiveGamer deals did.

Oh yes, and an answer on how PSS1's "All Access" deal will work with the SOE games they haven't bought would be nice.

Bhagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:19 PM   #102
DonnyOddlegs

Loremaster

I can't say the new FAQ offers any surprises. Did people really think SOE would do the right thing?

Schadenfreude is not a terribly positive emotional response, but I have to admit looking forward to how big a mess this turns out to be in the long run. It has saved me 8.99 a month but I think it might end up costing ProSiebenSat.1 a small fortune.

DonnyOddlegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:22 PM   #103
yadlajoi

Loremaster

pss1 will end up with empty server on splitpaw and they will lose all european player on us server. population will drop guild will lose players and more will quit.
yadlajoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:23 PM   #104
Trevynoae

Loremaster

It doesn't really bother me personally ... but ...

You say that there is much time until the transition. But still you deny euro customers to get further All Access.So - by now they have to pay several subs then? For how many games? Let's say the average gamer had: EQ, EQII, VGD, DCUO ... that would make 4 subscriptions instead of 1 All Access (until all games are transitioned).So - either you are telling us a story by saying that there is much time left - or you are treating your loyal All Access customers the worst.

I have a feeling that all this will take place first week of may. Any bets? That way we are still maintaining the 30 days timeframe and people wouldn't have to spend too much extra money.

Trevynoae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:33 PM   #105
friedhelm

Seer

ok, here is my question, I have 10+ toons on crushbone and 8 toons on splitpaw on one account.

I want my splitpaw toons to stay on splitpaw with my SOE account.

How are you going to handle my dual-citizenship?

Whyme, Labelladonna, onehunghi, ratattack, Igivewarts, Coffeemaker, Iamme and many more

friedhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:36 PM   #106
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

Another question: if I have a PSS1 account (hypothetically speaking) with their currency, but play on a US server where the Marketplace is in SC, how do I buy stuff?  Or is there going to be some nasty overlay where it shows it to me in my currency?

This really is all needlessly complicated. /sigh  Time to go to bed and cry myself to sleep.

Played Since Launch: Highkeep/Butcherblock

Ratonga 92 Assassin/92 Carpenter

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

"I won't sit down, I won't shut up, but most of all I will not grow up" - Frank Turner
Pipsissiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:37 PM   #107
Pariel

Loremaster

friedhelm wrote:

ok, here is my question, I have 10+ toons on crushbone and 8 toons on splitpaw on one account.

Whyme, Labelladonna, onehunghi, ratattack, Igivewarts, Coffeemaker, Iamme and many more

At a guess and judging from the FAQ - it depends where you live. If you're in the EU, you HAVE to have a PSS1 account. If you're in the US, then you stay with SOE. Whichever way you go, you'll have access to all characters since there are no region locks now

Old 03-30-2012, 08:38 PM   #108
Seffrid

Loremaster

friedhelm wrote:

It depends on where you play from, not where your characters are.

If you're in the US then you'll be able to access both servers through your SOE account, but if you're in Europe you'll have to create a ProSieben account in order to do so.

Seffrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:39 PM   #109
Seffrid

Loremaster

Pariel wrote:

Whichever way you go, you'll have access to all characters since there are no region locks now

There are region locks now, they've simply switched them from the servers to the accounts.

Seffrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:39 PM   #110
SOE-MOD-04

Community Moderator

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=50011...post_id=5740018 Removed for profanity
SOE-MOD-04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:45 PM   #111
Trevynoae

Loremaster

friedhelm wrote:

From what I can tell you by reading the FAQ and Brasse's individual replies:

If you are located in the US: Keep playing like there is no difference.

If you are located in Europe: You can no longer use your SOE account once the transition took place but will have to "convert" it into a PSS1 account.

(I hope I got that right.)

Trevynoae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:54 PM   #112
friedhelm

Seer

Hope your right.

Read somewhere (eq2wire) i think, that I will need a new launcher to access splitpaw. How's that going to work with my US toons?

It should be interesting.

friedhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:55 PM   #113
Moldylocks

Loremaster

See, for me all this new info is just insulation and buffering, pot sweetening, and hearing a determined piper trying to lead the masses to the same destination as before. 

In January the message was:  We are selling the EU community to PSS1 (but you won't be able to play with your non-EU friends anymore).  At this point the community was completely stonewalled regarding communications.  There was a lot of secondary damage here that could have been mitigated.

In February, the message was:  We are still selling our EU customers to PSS1, but now we may be able to change the IP-lock.  Communications were still non-existent.  Piestro was brought in briefly and then left us with weeks and weeks more of silence.

Now, in March, the message is:  Its a done deal, make an account with PSS1 or leave (with some sugar coated niceties to entice people to stay).  Communication is..desperate.  In this final iteration of the FAQ, with the announcement that the deal is going through, now we see a flurry of corporate-consumer dialogue.  Why?  An attempt to staunch the flow of hemmoraging accounts.  You knew months ago that the EU customers would rather leave than sign with PSS1, and now here we are at the 11th hour and now you guys are suddenly our "friends".  If you were any more transparent you'd be invisible.

Let's forgo the "friends" bit, shall we?  We certainly weren't that in January, and, really, the only thing that has changed is the date and a scrambling attempt to play pick-up-sticks so the PSS1 folks don't inherit vacant servers. 

Personally, I've been with EQ for over a decade.  The nature of this game is that it really builds an incredibly strong community.  People don't just play for a month and move on, they stay for years.  It became a home, and the staff and us developed into a fun, dysfunctional family.  Yes, we annoyed each other over the years but we all belonged to Norrath (it sounds kinda silly but its true) and something about being a part of it all made us want to stay.  The game grew, the community expanded, and it was all one big happy.

Times change, especially in the last 2 years.  A lot has been happening and, for many, not for the better.  Dave's transitioning of what EQ was into his and Smedley's vision is counter to what many long time players find acceptable.  The scale is shifted too far over on meaningless fluff to make a quick buck, with little emphasis on substance, quality, and pride in your product.  Now, we find that the EU community is going to be sold off like cattle.  Its a systematic de-valuing of what made the core of this community.  The soul of Norrath is gone. 

And now we have this mess.

For me the damage is done.  There is a line that has been crossed and all the nonsense of you guys ignoring your paying customers for weeks and months was just so unprofessional it was textbook failure.  Please, don't tell me again about Smedley's tweets.  Any communication should have been posted here, and he only focused on one point while the 25 other concerns weren't even acknowledged. 

Regarding the comments about Dave and Holly's absence in all of this:  we've seen SJ post multitudes of times on any number of issues with a varied range of importance.  That he or Holly have not addressed us as a community on this hugely fundamental community matter is not only baffling, its suspicious.  Rather than get proper communication from them, they tossed in the new guy (Piestro) to attempt to deal with it.  I'm sure there are reasons, there always are, but really..?  The community is being sold off and no one thought they should talk to us about it?

So many accounts could have been retained if you guys had simply put in effort from day one to maintain a presence.  We knew fully well that discussions were happening, so please don't reiterate that you couldn't talk about that.  What happened by maintaining a position of silence and not addressing anything was you let an already angry community stew.  The benefits of that are being reaped right now.

I hope you can realise that a lot of this could have been mitigated.  The people that have left and are currently leaving are all going out into the world to speak to other people about what happened here.  In a community as tight as the gaming one is, can you appreciate how this fallout is going to affect SOE?  I already hear chatter in other games about this, and on other forums.

I will not be subscribing to any future games from you guys.  I would have loved to jump into EQ Next, but honestly, seeing how the direction of the EQ line has so radically changed..no thank you. 

Linda, while I appreciate that you are communicating now, its too late for many of us.  I do wish you all the best though.  It was fun while it lasted.

Moldylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:55 PM   #114
Bacci
Guild: Free Spirits

Loremaster

Finally we got a more detailed answer.

Much to late. SOE should have given us this information long ago - BEFORE people made multi month subscribtions!

P7S1 is a company that will NEVER see me as their customer. There is no discussion about this and SOE has to respect this.

So SOE : i want my money back please!

Who can i contact for this?

Bacci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:11 PM   #115
Cronqar

Loremaster

I have read the updated FAQ's now a few times in english and in German, as well as he more detailed answers Brasse has given and I can not come up with a definitive answer how those different account scenarios are going to be handled. In cases where you only have one account, PSS.1 or SOE,  it should be clear. But what if there are 2 (two) different accounts and Launchers necessary? Does this mean that you have to pay twice for a so-called Goldmembership? Don't answer that the game is F2P, this is not the point here, also the All Access question is not asked for here.

1. EU based - plays EU Server (Storms, Valor, Splitpaw, Butcherblock) = PSS.1 account = PSS.1 Launchpad

2. EU based - plays EU and US Server = PSS.1 account and SOE account = PSS.1 Launchpad and SOE Launcher

3. US based - plays US Server = SOE account = SOE Launcher

4. US based - plays US and EU server = SOE account and PSS.1 account = SOE Launcher and PSS.1 Launchpad

5. EU based - plays US Server = SOE account = SOE Launcher

6. US based - plays EU Server = PSS.1 account = PSS.1 Launchpad

7. All Other Region based - plays US Server = SOE account = SOE Launcher

8. All Other Region based - plays EU Server = PSS.1 account = PSS.1 Launchpad

9. All Other Region based - plays US and EU Server = SOE account and PSS.1 account = SOE Launcher and PSS.1 Launchpad

Cronqar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:17 PM   #116
dawy

Loremaster

Cronqar wrote:

I have read the updated FAQ's now a few times in english and in German, as well as he more detailed answers Brasse has given and I can not come up with a definitive answer how those different account scenarios are going to be handled. In cases where you only have one account, PSS.1 or SOE,  it should be clear. But what if there are 2 (two) different accounts and Launchers necessary? Does this mean that you have to pay twice for a so-called Goldmembership? Don't answer that the game is F2P, this is not the point here, also the All Access question is not asked for here.

1. EU based - plays EU Server (Storms, Valor, Splitpaw, Butcherblock) = PSS.1 account = PSS.1 Launchpad

2. EU based - plays EU and US Server = PSS.1 account and SOE account = PSS.1 Launchpad and SOE Launcher

4. US based - plays US and EU server = SOE account and PSS.1 account = SOE Launcher and PSS.1 Launchpad

9. All Other Region based - plays US and EU Server = SOE account and PSS.1 account = SOE Launcher and PSS.1 Launchpad

Why SOE cant put out a detailed table such as that is beyond me in plain black and white not to much to ask for is it?

dawy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:24 PM   #117
Bacci
Guild: Free Spirits

Loremaster

Cronqar wrote:

Brasse clarified that you need a P7S1 account for all if you are based in Europe.

No matter if you play US or Euro server. So all Euros are forced to have an account with P7S1 if they want to continue playing EQ2. They will have P7S1 launchers. With an Euro IP you cannot use the SOE launcher anymore "soon".

US citizens have their SOE account and can access US and Euro with this. They will keep the SOE launchers.

Bacci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:02 PM   #118
SOE-Brasse

DwarvenOverlord

Llogwey wrote:

Still no answer (or I am blind) about "all access" for those who play EQ1 from Europe.... All Access for those playing DCUO and EQ2 will be switched to PSS1 All Access with same "service" (one can always hope...) but since EQ1 is not covered at all by PSS1.. HOW can it be handled? I certainly can't imagine having to pay TWO subs while I was paying a single "all access" especially for that (and the character slots) Indeed PSS1 will have their "all access" but no EQ1 in it... I'd really appreciate an answer about that

Hello folks, I am going to head home soon and will continue to respond from there, but I'll respond to a few of these now and more after I grab a bite to eat and do chores.

Llogwey, that is a very good question and on my list to carry forward.

EQ is not currently in the list for distribution for ProSiebenSat.1.

It will be some time yet (again, we don't have dates, but always give at LEAST 30 days notice before any changes that affect accounts, and have not sent out any such notices), so we should be able to address this one beforehand for you.

~Brasse

PS. I am not going to respond to PMs on this topic, because when I answer a question there, only one person sees it. When I respond here, everyone gains the same information. Thank you for your understanding.

Director, Global Community Relations, SOE

---------~~========~~---------

I have a Qlu'Stiq and I'm not afraid to use it.
SOE-Brasse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 10:04 PM   #119
SOE-Brasse

DwarvenOverlord

[email protected] wrote:

Trevynoae wrote:

Just to mention:

The FAQ on alaplaya highlights the changes in blue (I don't see anything like that here - but that might be due to the template I am using): http://en.alaplaya.net/forum/genera...aq-t492961.html

Funny how a NEW addition to the security section was this:

Will my account information be kept private?Yes. ProSiebenSat.1 Games will never publicly disclose or discuss your account information.

Sorry that I missed this earlier, Fudged... that line was specifically added to assure customers that ProSiebenSat.1 Games is taking account security very seriously.  We are working with them every step of the way.

~Brasse

Old 03-30-2012, 10:08 PM   #120
SOE-Brasse

DwarvenOverlord

[email protected] wrote:

/sad

I can't say that as a US player this won't affect me.  It will.  It will affect all of the servers and all of the players.  All of them.

And no date for required transition?  Really?

Somewhere in that paperwork are dates.

Sony has them. Sony knows them. Sony needs to tell them. 

Leading the players on like there is "plenty of time" does not look good, ya know?

Here is the honest truth: we know the order the games are being transitioned. We do not have dates, because the transition of every single game requires substantive work on the part of Development (UI support), Platform (game data) and a team of engineers on both sides. Planning this sort of thing is a major undertaking and is in progress now.

It is very much in our best interest and in the interests of our players to announce the target dates as soon as we have them available. We always provide at LEAST 30 days notification of any changes that affect player accounts, and so no announcement can be delayed to the last minute.

~Brasse