EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Tavern > Norrathian Homeshow
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-12-2012, 03:12 PM   #1
Dawnstrike

Lord

Hello Decorators! 

Well I have finally created a toon on AB so I can see if I'll like it over there better than being isolated on Nagafen.  I wasn't able to use a character transfer token as they appear to be unavailable since the GU for some folks like me.  This means I am lonely broke adventerer with 6 silver in my pocket. 

If anyone has time to help me out I could really use some things to get me settled such as mottled backpacks.  I wouldn't be able to pay you but would consider making some things for trade during the next Moonlight Enchantments.

I would really like some new friends as well. I want to take my time finding a guild or otherwise I'd hastily join one for this type of support.  Anyway, would love to reach out to someone tonight in game and am on PST.  I hope to hear from  you!  Thanks in advance!

edited for typo's SMILEY

Cheribomb's Design Portal Hub

The New Halas Express

The Tangle Island Resort

The Shimmering Serpent Mens Lounge - Personal Library

A Frostfell Carol - Opera House

Dawnstrike's Manors of Erollisi Home

Dawnstrike's Maj Dul Suite

Nagafen: Elinor

Elinor's Freeblood Lair

Savne's Maj Dul Suite & Graveshadow's Grand Hall

Dawnstrike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 03:59 PM   #2
Katttara

Lord

I wish that you were going where I am...I would gladly donate anything you needed (not wanting anything back.) I know what its like to start with nothing when you've been used to all that you had. I felt that way when I started on Test, and its very empty there most times I have logged in. It was hard having no bag space, no money, and no means to decorate as I wanted [  can't make money as well if you cannot sell things    ]

I have a feeling others will end up helping you...just get that impression here. But I read this and found myself wishing I could help. =)

Good luck and hope you find your comfy niche and are happy in your new home!

Edit:  P.S...If you are ever on Freeport and need anything at all...you know who to call on (same name there as here.)

Kat :@
Katttara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:13 PM   #3
Twinklin
Server: Crushbone

Loremaster

Heya. I don't have a tailor but I can make you some sumac strongboxes. Just contact me on Twinklin or I may be on Valouria or Purrdie (I'm been adventuring on alts a lot lately). Welcome to AB!

Twinklin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:25 PM   #4
Crymsyn
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Phoenix Legion

Loremaster

hello hello! I myself just moved to AB from Crushbone (formerly of LDL) and havent hooked up with a guild or such so making a new friend who shares my obsession would be awesome. *grin* I have been too preoccupied decorating various projects to get myself out much and meet people. I'm not a carpenter or tailor, but I am a L39 provisioner so if you need some lower tier foods let me know. I'm online a few times a week, mainly weekends or evenings 7ish-10ish CST. Look for Crymsynn or Temprah.

Old 01-12-2012, 05:11 PM   #5
Zeedlana

Augur

Hey fellow Naggy neighbor!

I'm considering a transfer to AB or somewhere as well. The person I though was going to be joining me for EQ2 isn't now, so I've no reason to stay in PvP land when I'd rather decorate and roleplay more.

I suppose good/evil doesn't matter as much on other servers...though I tend to drift more towards evil for some odd reason. I have a DE on AB - Delvra - I rolled up the other night and haven't done anything with yet.

My Naggy toons are in my sig, if you want someone on that server to chat with too. SMILEY

Antonia Bayle -

Orpiment - Iskar Necro - Decorator junkie lizard

-- Meat Pie Emporium

-- Honeymoon in Neriak
Zeedlana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:31 PM   #6
Tsumaranai
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: House Udedne

Loremaster

check your private messages. i sent you one, and i am also willing to help.
Tsumaranai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:59 PM   #7
Dawnstrike

Lord

Wow!  Well you folks really know how to give a warm welcome!  I'm not even sure how to react, I am used to being ignored, trash talked, insulted or challenged to duels.  Well just kidding...sort of SMILEY.   I will definately add you all to my friends list and reach out to y'all tonight.  

Zeedlana - are you on the Freeport faction on Naggy?

Tempra - Would love to chat and adventure together.

Littlesparkz - Thank you and will chat tonight.

Ennuii - Thank you for your PM and gracious offer!  I have responded.

My new alts name is Cheribomb and she is a High Elf Illusionist. I got her to level 9 last night and she completed her High Elf quest series in Castleview Hamlet and Oakmyst.  Must have more green whisps!!!!

Here's what I think I will try to focus on for my playstyle on AB. 

• I haven't actually read a quest dialogue in more than a  year as I am too busy wondering if there are any PVPers nearby so I may take my time doing actual quests.
  • I haven't been able to lock between levels 10-29 as that is not allowed on Naggy.  So I may level lock at 10 or 20, earn AA's, harvest for raws, become a broker queen again and work for Qho.
  • For my tradeskilling, I plan to create a Jeweller as it's a tradeskiller that I don't already have. Plus if you really talk me into it by continuing being so friendly I may eventually move all of my level 90 Carp, Tailor, Sage, Alchemist & Provisioners over some day.
  • I would also like to honestly complete shiny collections at least at the lower levels without buying a single one!  I haven't been into Freeport, Commonlands, Gorowyn, Neriak for any length of time so those zones are mostly new for me as well.
  • Decorating wise: I would like to give myself a no-carpenter challenge.  Where I go back to the old days where I didn't have a highly skilled carpenter and had to scavenge, grind during city festivals, grind for city faction items, do moonlight enchantments and questing for house items. 
  • I also plan to do every single Heritage Quest at least at the lower levels. I don't know how many times I've rolled a toon only to level too fast and didn't bother to go back and do them.

Those are just some ideas. If you have other suggestions for fun stuff or ways to work hard to get things do share! 

Thanks again for all your warm responses!  /Hug!

The New Halas Express

The Tangle Island Resort

Elinor's Freeblood Lair

Old 01-12-2012, 07:32 PM   #8
Zeedlana

Augur

Yes, I guess you can say I'm on the freep side.

Though I don't like Freeport much and only do a quick run through to where I need to go and hightail it back to Neriak or Gorowyn as soon as possible depending on who I'm playing.

I do have a wood elf to bring back to life that I haven't yet, so I might roll her up on AB tonight. Because all the things I want to craft for my big house I'm not high enough level yet outside of one set of furniture...and I think I need to gather more mats for it.

I'll track you down if I end up playing tonight. SMILEY

Antonia Bayle -

Orpiment - Iskar Necro - Decorator junkie lizard

-- Meat Pie Emporium

-- Honeymoon in Neriak
Zeedlana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:16 PM   #9
Kahlef

Loremaster

Welcome to Antonia Bayle!

Seems everybody already offered some sort of help so I will just add this. In case you don't know or didn't do it already, join the Homeshow channel:

/join Homeshow

It is a cross-server channel where the decorators hang out and a good place to discuss ideas or to get to know your fellow decorators. SMILEY

Just saying since due to the PVP ruleset you can't use cross-server channels. So not sure how many decorators on Nagafen are aware of the channel existance.

Kahlef and a few others - Pirates - Crushbone server

My house designs
Kahlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 08:26 PM   #10
Dawnstrike

Lord

Kahlef wrote:

Welcome to Antonia Bayle!

Seems everybody already offered some sort of help so I will just add this. In case you don't know or didn't do it already, join the Homeshow channel:

/join Homeshow

It is a cross-server channel where the decorators hang out and a good place to discuss ideas or to get to know your fellow decorators.

Just saying since due to the PVP ruleset you can't use cross-server channels. So not sure how many decorators on Nagafen are aware of the channel existance.

Thanks Kahlef!  I have been aware of it for about a year now and felt like a red-headed stepchild so yep it was the first thing I did when I created my new toon! Good stuff!

The New Halas Express

The Tangle Island Resort

Elinor's Freeblood Lair

Old 01-12-2012, 10:27 PM   #11
Katttara

Lord

SMILEY Did I do something wrong?

Old 01-12-2012, 10:53 PM   #12
Dawnstrike

Lord

Katttara wrote:

Did I do something wrong?

Sorry, I didn't mean to leave you out on the responses Kat!  I think you should create an alt on AB and come play!  I don't want you to be lonely over there on test!  And thank you for being the first to respond! Your kinds words of understanding and compassion were very comforting SMILEY 

The New Halas Express

The Tangle Island Resort

Elinor's Freeblood Lair

Old 01-12-2012, 10:53 PM   #13
Dawnstrike

Lord

Katttara wrote:

Did I do something wrong?

Sorry, I didn't mean to leave you out on the responses Kat!  I think you should create an alt on AB and come play!  I don't want you to be lonely over there on test!  And thank you for being the first to respond! Your kinds words of understanding and compassion were very comforting SMILEY 

The New Halas Express

The Tangle Island Resort

Elinor's Freeblood Lair

Old 01-12-2012, 11:05 PM   #14
Katttara

Lord

Ok, whew!  SMILEY  Fairly new here, compared to most already here anyway...and was wondering.

And was not sure if you had seen/if post had made it. SMILEY

And yah its lonely on Test, but thankfully busy on Freeport. I might make an alt or two for the other servers at some point because I truly want to see everyones incredible homes in person at some point. You all make my head spin with ideas. heh

The other thing that was hard about test, aside from so few there, was things would just not sell (for same reason.)

Now that I am spoiled by a max carpenter and ww and a max adventurer, and lots of toons to do whats needed, starting over is such a hard concept, which is why I was particularly drawn to your thread. I wish there were some way you could have some sort of "shared server bank" in which you could give to your baby toons all the things you are able to on the same server.

Anyway, looks like you're going to get lots of help...and I am not surprised. I don't post a lot for many reasons having to do with RL, but I do read a lot on this forum, and there are always such wonderful people here. =)

Good luck once again! =)

Old 01-13-2012, 12:12 AM   #15
Dawnstrike

Lord

Katttara wrote:

Ok, whew!    Fairly new here, compared to most already here anyway...and was wondering.

And was not sure if you had seen/if post had made it.

And yah its lonely on Test, but thankfully busy on Freeport. I might make an alt or two for the other servers at some point because I truly want to see everyones incredible homes in person at some point. You all make my head spin with ideas. heh

The other thing that was hard about test, aside from so few there, was things would just not sell (for same reason.)

Now that I am spoiled by a max carpenter and ww and a max adventurer, and lots of toons to do whats needed, starting over is such a hard concept, which is why I was particularly drawn to your thread. I wish there were some way you could have some sort of "shared server bank" in which you could give to your baby toons all the things you are able to on the same server.

Anyway, looks like you're going to get lots of help...and I am not surprised. I don't post a lot for many reasons having to do with RL, but I do read a lot on this forum, and there are always such wonderful people here. =)

Good luck once again! =)

Well I know what you mean Kat on being spoiled with your higher level alts for support.  That is exactly one of the main reasons I hadn't created another alt on another server for play after all this time, because I knew I wouldn't have the support of my other alts that I worked so hard to get. 

My bf has had to listen to my melancholy thoughts over the last several days trying to figure out what to do.  He loves being on Naggy so in a sense if I started a new life on another server I felt like we would be breaking up.  I had to confront what I actually want for my play style this year.  And the truth is I haven't played in a group with him for months as none of my gear is good enough for either PVP er PVE dungeons and the stress of getting to zones without getting ganked was too much to bear so I've been isolating and decorating. 

At the end of the day I've come to realize that I am really more of a RP, like casual play style and I want to enjoy Norrath and not hide in my guild and houses!  Nagafen works for others but really probably isn't for me. It was tough to get to that decision but I really don't have anything to lose at this point. I have one alt on AB, the rest are still on Naggy, I can move them anytime (at a steep price and when they fix the character transfer tokens).

We both have discussed that it would be awesome if you can choose your server upon logging in instead of being tied to just the one.  I do hope that if they elect to do cross server dungeon finder groups that one could try to meet and trade there?  Or they could give us a cross server broker as you suggested.  That would be even better!

The New Halas Express

The Tangle Island Resort

Elinor's Freeblood Lair

Old 01-13-2012, 03:11 PM   #16
Geden
Guild: Blood Rain

Loremaster

I have Armorer, Provisioner, Tailor and Carpenter that can help. I work long hours but hopefully I can send you some stuff before tonight. Hopefully you still need them (sorry I just saw your post).

Geden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:26 PM   #17
Dawnstrike

Lord

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

I have Armorer, Provisioner, Tailor and Carpenter that can help. I work long hours but hopefully I can send you some stuff before tonight. Hopefully you still need them (sorry I just saw your post).

Thank you!  I did get a ton of backpacks gifted to me last night! Foodwise, I might be able to get by for a while making the 1-9 food recipes that I'll get before I choose my Jeweler tradeskill.  I plan to lock at Tier 2 for a bit.   I will definately be looking for a Tailor to make T2 gear when I get the rares, going to run the Tradeskill questline from Tami Swifthammer in Halas. Seems to me at this point if I need anything all I need to do is talk out of character in 1-9 as lots of folks seem so eager to help! Thanks again!

The New Halas Express

The Tangle Island Resort

Elinor's Freeblood Lair

Old 01-13-2012, 03:27 PM   #18
Dawnstrike

Lord

Heya. I don't have a tailor but I can make you some sumac strongboxes. Just contact me on Twinklin or I may be on Valouria or Purrdie (I'm been adventuring on alts a lot lately). Welcome to AB!

Thank you Twinklin!  I appreciate the offer and thank you for the welcome! 

The New Halas Express

The Tangle Island Resort

Elinor's Freeblood Lair

Old 01-13-2012, 03:33 PM   #19
Geden
Guild: Blood Rain

Loremaster

I'm very happy you got so much support! Welcome to AB SMILEYI'll be happy to help you in future on any of my toons.My tailor is Erisad, provisioner is Qupee and armorer is Sylarra. Also forgot to include woodworker Geden SMILEYP.S. AB has a tight-knit Crafter community, should you need any help with quest objectives or tradeskill you can totally ask in Crafting channel. Folks there always provide assistance.

Geden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:36 PM   #20
Dawnstrike

Lord

I'm very happy you got so much support! Welcome to AB I'll be happy to help you in future on any of my toons.My tailor is Erisad, provisioner is Qupee and armorer is Sylarra. Also forgot to include woodworker Geden P.S. AB has a tight-knit Crafter community, should you need any help with quest objectives or tradeskill you can totally ask in Crafting channel. Folks there always provide assistance.

Thanks again! That's right there is a crafting channel, so exciting it actually gets used on other servers! I'll have to give it a try!

The New Halas Express

The Tangle Island Resort

Elinor's Freeblood Lair

Old 01-14-2012, 03:25 AM   #21
Lillaanya

Loremaster

I am on AB as well, usually on my little monk Kayet, or sometimes on Diena or Sunissa.  If you need help with questing and stuff or really anything give me a holler, Kay is taking her own sweet time hitting as much content as she can

Sig by Adiene
Lillaanya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 05:29 AM   #22
Dawnstrike

Lord

hello hello! I myself just moved to AB from Crushbone (formerly of LDL) and havent hooked up with a guild or such so making a new friend who shares my obsession would be awesome. *grin* I have been too preoccupied decorating various projects to get myself out much and meet people. I'm not a carpenter or tailor, but I am a L39 provisioner so if you need some lower tier foods let me know. I'm online a few times a week, mainly weekends or evenings 7ish-10ish CST. Look for Crymsynn or Temprah.

Hi Crymsynn,

Just wanted to say hello and thank you for reaching out!  Sorry for the late response, I have been overwhelmed with the outpouring of support I've recieved from all the wonderful folks on AB. I have been working on getting settled in the last 24 hours and am so thankful for the folks like yourself on this server.  I will definately ping you in the game.  Happy Decorating and talk to you soon!

The New Halas Express

The Tangle Island Resort

Elinor's Freeblood Lair

Old 01-14-2012, 05:32 AM   #23
Dawnstrike

Lord

I am on AB as well, usually on my little monk Kayet, or sometimes on Diena or Sunissa.  If you need help with questing and stuff or really anything give me a holler, Kay is taking her own sweet time hitting as much content as she can

Hi Kayet!  Thank you for sending me the in game tell and welcoming me to AB! It's so great to get an IM from a complete stranger with a warm welcome note.  Still getting used to all the attention SMILEY heheh well I am a High Elf so honestly just can't get enough SMILEY Seriously, thanks again, and will keep in touch in game!

The New Halas Express

The Tangle Island Resort

Elinor's Freeblood Lair

Old 01-20-2012, 04:45 AM   #24
Lizabethan

Philosopher

Welcome to AB! I only have one 90 tradeskiller (boo) but it's a carpenter, so she can make boxes and all the furniture your little home desires. Free of charge, I have most recipes. 

If you need anything, send tell or mail to Lizabethan!

P.S. Have you found a guild yet? That should get you settled very quickly SMILEY