EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Zones and Population
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-01-2011, 06:57 PM   #91
Eyema
Server: Befallen
Guild: Shadowed Strife

Loremaster

Thats definately a possibility as well. Although im not sure how the code for that would be messed up on PVE and not on PVP. That was the only reason my assumption has anything to do with the PVP changes. But as you said earlier i suppose its not PVP crit mit. Could still be the way the mobs are critting or even the potency. Since the change was all stats are PVP/PVE not just crit mit now.
Eyema is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:09 PM   #92
Kreton

Loremaster

Well seeing as Test was PVP the entire time, it probably was tuned with w/e the bug is.  Perhaps the mobs abilities are being treated as if they are players and getting reduced by a %, who knows.

Kreton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 07:15 PM   #93
dep

Hero

Honestly, we don't want to do the job for you. there is a perfectly legitimate explanation for why you are getting hit so hard. Yes, it can be avoided. Yes, the damage is extermely daunting, but so is a door until you learn how to use a knob. I am being silly. :p

Let me emphasize that on a pvp server WE TOO EXPERIENCED AOES CLOSE TO 200K. i feel that i have to say this again. if we are getting hit just as hard as you, how is it that we are getting hit for less? Your tank stats are nearly the same as our's and the aoe damage could still be very high on him. There is a reason in the strategy for why that is happening.

We aren't saying we are better than all you bluebies, nor worse. We are saying that you guys missed some strat. Still, if anyone from NPU is wondering... Onyx does have spots open in Friends and Family. Pst Pudaanza on Naggy. 170 crit mit preferred.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:33 PM   #94
dep

Hero

here is heelo's parse from one of our pulls. 181k damage hit.

Old 06-01-2011, 07:57 PM   #95
slippery

Loremaster

That's nice, and was his a fail where he got focus? The two don't compare. Non fail effect hit harder than fail effect. Sounds right.
Old 06-01-2011, 08:09 PM   #96
dep

Hero

its the same damage that you are talking about, buddy. They both hit for the same reason.

i give up. SMILEY i hope you guys kill it tonight, seriously.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:22 PM   #97
Mascouti

Loremaster

Just like most figured, your kills don't count.

Silius wrote:

Silius wrote:

Greetings all,

We are looking into the disparity between NPCs on PVP servers and PVE servers. We have a few potential culprits and are trying to whittle it down.

Sorry for the inconvenience we will get this resolved as soon as we can.

Silius

We have found the problem and will be hotfixing it as soon as we can. There is an issue on PVP servers causing NPCs to get 0 crit bonus benefit resulting in an unintended reduction in challenge. As a result of this discovery we will be permakilling all current content raid mobs on the PVP servers until the fix is patched to live.

We currently plan on pushing this fix live tomorrow along with some balance adjustments for the all servers. Once again we are sorry for the inconvenience.

Silius

Old 06-01-2011, 08:27 PM   #98
Shuai

Loremaster

286 Crit mit and I was getting crit on just fine by all the mobs in the new zone... How does that add up with 0 crit bonus? It doesn't. that's obviously not the problem.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:30 PM   #99
SacDaddy420

Loremaster

lol FnF for Onyx.  Please.

you get no points.

talk more about how awesome you are against broken PVE mobs.  It amuses me the same way a child trying to put on a man's jeans does.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:40 PM   #100
Shuai

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

lol FnF for Onyx.  Please.

you get no points.

talk more about how awesome you are against broken PVE mobs.  It amuses me the same way a child trying to put on a man's jeans does.

Pedafile

Old 06-01-2011, 08:50 PM   #101
Shuai

Loremaster

Seems more likely that the PvE servers were getting hit harder by non crits than by crits. We were crit on just fine.

Old 06-01-2011, 08:56 PM   #102
Dorsan
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Onyx

Loremaster

Mascouti wrote:

Just like most figured, your kills don't count.

Silius wrote:

Silius wrote:

Greetings all,

We are looking into the disparity between NPCs on PVP servers and PVE servers. We have a few potential culprits and are trying to whittle it down.

Sorry for the inconvenience we will get this resolved as soon as we can.

Silius

We have found the problem and will be hotfixing it as soon as we can. There is an issue on PVP servers causing NPCs to get 0 crit bonus benefit resulting in an unintended reduction in challenge. As a result of this discovery we will be permakilling all current content raid mobs on the PVP servers until the fix is patched to live.

We currently plan on pushing this fix live tomorrow along with some balance adjustments for the all servers. Once again we are sorry for the inconvenience.

Silius

If the mobs on Nagafen didn't crit, then why does heelo have 64% crit on incoming damage on the parse deplorable posted in this thread? o.O

Old 06-01-2011, 08:59 PM   #103
RogueSpideyChick

Loremaster

because the fact that they were critting is working as intended, but if the crit bonus isnt being applied correctly, then you pretty much weren't getting hit for anything (basically like a normal non-crit).

RogueSpideyChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 09:05 PM   #104
Dorsan

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

because the fact that they were critting is working as intended, but if the crit bonus isnt being applied correctly, then you pretty much weren't getting hit for anything (basically like a normal non-crit).

Crits with 0 crit bonus vs high crit mit gear show up as non-crit on parse.

edit: oh and PS: the actual incoming crit hits on the parse are indeed higher than the non-critting ones. SMILEY

Old 06-01-2011, 09:42 PM   #105
Shrag

Loremaster

The first 3 pages of this are hilarious but then it gets real sad by the 5th when bluebies are thinking easy mode zones matter and that anyone cares!

Shrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2011, 10:03 PM   #106
Eyema

Loremaster

I find it hilarious that you are trying to defend your kill AFTER soe officially tells everyone that your mobs are broken.
Old 06-01-2011, 10:13 PM   #107
Dorsan

Loremaster

Yeah, well when the dude saying our mob was broken is the same dude that wrote this:

Silius wrote:

Critical mitigation is mitigation. It is not a reduction of a mobs ability to critically hit you.

....then I tend to ignore it.

Old 06-01-2011, 11:13 PM   #108
Shrag

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I find it hilarious that you are trying to defend your kill AFTER soe officially tells everyone that your mobs are broken.

look its not my fault onyx is WW number 1 now

rolling easy mode AINT NO JOKE SHO NUFF

Sounds like the mob is broken on PvE servers and is working fine on PvP, the loot is so god awful from this zone there is no possible way that it was intended to kill you on pve servers. Luckily they despawned all raid mobs on Nagafen though or else easy mode domination would never stop!

The more logical answer is that everyone on PvE sucks and cant cure though, I think we all have agreed on that a few pages back.

Shrag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:16 AM   #109
Eyema

Loremaster

And what exactly is wrong with the devs statement. Critical mitigation is mitigation, it mitigates the crit bonus of the mob, so the crit do less damage. It doesnt effect the crit chance, that would be crit avoidance not crit mit. To act like you are, when you clearly dont understand game mechanics is ignorant.
Old 06-02-2011, 02:06 AM   #110
Shuai

Loremaster

Eyema, you know exactly what that he's saying, stop trolling. 

Old 06-02-2011, 11:41 AM   #111
Ebofu

Lord

Just to help you guys out, at 66% you want to tag the second name that spawns, personally we used the the Skull but there is also the Pink Star if you roll like that, not only does this allow you to burn the original name it also gives your tanks a reference for fighter debuffs, then throughout the fight you better [Removed for Content] cure or you will be calling hacks on the only guild that is smart enough to kill it

Ebofu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 01:59 PM   #112
JimmyC01

Loremaster

lol

JimmyC01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:17 PM   #113
Squall Leonhea

General

the AE says you get 1200% heat damage. Since resis can mitigate only up to 75% those values sound about right.

Squall Leonhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 02:28 PM   #114
Banditman

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Yeah, well when the dude saying our mob was broken is the same dude that wrote this:

Silius wrote:

Critical mitigation is mitigation. It is not a reduction of a mobs ability to critically hit you.

....then I tend to ignore it.

Except that what he said is correct.  Critical Mitigation does not reduce the ability of a mob to critically hit you.

Old 06-02-2011, 03:15 PM   #115
Dorsan

Loremaster

Many people believed Joseph Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb And that night he-ee saw an angel Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb
Old 06-02-2011, 06:19 PM   #116
Notsovilepriest
Guild: Ill Gotten Gain

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Many people believed Joseph Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb And that night he-ee saw an angel Dumb dumb dumb dumb dumb

South Park! YES!