EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Expansions and Adventure Packs
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-14-2007, 11:55 PM   #1
Horlok

Loremaster

I sat through the big update yesterday, didn't have RoK but it updated for several hours.  Today I played the game just fine but still with no new RoK bought or installed.  This afternoon I went out and bought the boxed/retail version of RoK.  After installing it I tried playing and was able to login fine.  No Kunark but then I hadn't activated it yet.  So I logged off and activated RoK.  Then when I went to play it started a 7 hour download?  I sat through a one hour install off 3 dvds.  What is it downloading now for 7 hours?  Keep in mind I sat through several hours of update after the big RoK server downtime.  Seems to me it is treating my account as a new account not a registered extention of an existing account?

Horlok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 01:45 AM   #2
Strelok7

Loremaster

My version of it is , i installed RoK played 1 time then loged off came back in few hours, and i see download for 3 hours, well i keep waiting in about 30 min download suddenly stops and won't let me play so i have to reset download again, but i see it's DL same files. I wouldn't mind to leave it for few hours and let it DL but i have to jump to comp every 10 min or so to check if DL stoped or not. Not sure if anyone else has same problem. so

Focusblade

Strelok7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 02:01 AM   #3
Snarlyn

Loremaster

After installing off the DVDs it had a few minutes of updating to do. I got in game for a few minutes, then out. Sure enough, getting back in has taken me to a multi-hour update process. That's a tad longer then the DVD install. I refused the reinstall of directx 9.0c which the installer seems to think I need.Seems to me there are a few issues with their installer and their login/patching system, but this has almost always been a problem for me. I never expect to really play the expansion the first few days it is released. It is just par for the course, 3 years running.
Snarlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 03:43 AM   #4
Dreyco

Archive of Ik

I am now having a problem where it gets close to finishing the patches, stops, and then starts redownloading files that it had been previously downloading.

Grand Historian of The Archive of Ik
Dreyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2007, 04:29 AM   #5
Orionv

General

The patcher initially stated about a 12 hour download. I ended up going to sleep but woke up about 3 times and found the download had stopped twice, so I restarted it. About 12 hours later the top (grey) download bar finally reached 100%, but the downloading still kept going. So I cancelled the patcher and restarted it, to get a more accurate view of the download progress. It restarted and showed 6 hours remaining. Within an hour or so, the top download bar showed it was complete but the time remaining was STILL 6 hours and files were still being downloaded. Again, I restarted the patcher and saw the same thing. I'm now running it a 3rd time now and trying to track which files it's downloading to see if it's downloading them repeatedly. It seems like the only files being downloaded are voice packs (.vpk).
Orionv is offline   Reply With Quote