EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Fighter's Arena > Shadowknight
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-27-2007, 01:45 AM   #1
TaoSynkai

Loremaster

I've never taken EQ2 very seriously, but I'm on a PvP server now and would like not to be a free target for life.

I'm only level 12, and have saved all my traits and achievement points thus far, because I haven't been able to find good advice in the game on how to properly spend them. At first, everybody was telling me to go STR, STA, WIS/INT. Then reading the forum, it seems like I should trait in INT but haven't seen much info regarding achievement specs that work.

Any suggestions would be GREATLY appreciated.

TY

TaoSynkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 03:17 AM   #2
TaoSynkai

Loremaster

Well, I went with sta and int along with reaver achievments. Hope I don't regret it :S
TaoSynkai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 07:11 AM   #3
Norrsken

Loremaster

TaoSynkai wrote:
Well, I went with sta and int along with reaver achievments. Hope I don't regret it :S
No you wont. Reaver kicks butt, int kicks butt with the spellcrits, and staminas end skill kicks butt (Or rather keeps your butt from getting kicked). works wonders imho.

Norrsken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 08:01 AM   #4
Beldin_

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
TaoSynkai wrote:
No you wont. Reaver kicks butt, int kicks butt with the spellcrits, and staminas end skill kicks butt (Or rather keeps your butt from getting kicked). works wonders imho.
I have to disagree .. only INT really kicks butt, reaver also only keeps you butt from getting kicked SMILEY
Old 07-27-2007, 02:13 PM   #5
Pratell

Loremaster

i rolled an SK a couple weeks ago. I went 4-4-8 down INT line to start off with, and then went straight for reaver. I maxed out the Grim Coil lifetap (with the level 36 DOT, I return 38 HP per tick) and the Vitae reuse timer redux. Right now I am going down the STA line for Divine Aura, but I really like the melee crits and the AE knockdown. Hammer Ground is big money for PVP. Just last night I was sitting on EL docks and a 3 man group came after me, but I ran to the end of the docks and punted them all off and fought them one by one as they returned SMILEY
Pratell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 04:00 PM   #6
Norrsken

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
i rolled an SK a couple weeks ago. I went 4-4-8 down INT line to start off with, and then went straight for reaver. I maxed out the Grim Coil lifetap (with the level 36 DOT, I return 38 HP per tick) and the Vitae reuse timer redux. Right now I am going down the STA line for Divine Aura, but I really like the melee crits and the AE knockdown. Hammer Ground is big money for PVP. Just last night I was sitting on EL docks and a 3 man group came after me, but I ran to the end of the docks and punted them all off and fought them one by one as they returned SMILEY
omg. SMILEY dumb group not to reform. Hehe.

Old 07-29-2007, 11:21 PM   #7
Beagest

Loremaster

atm i am 4-4-8 int and finished reaver at 26, no melee class can kill me SMILEY i think

next im doing sta 4-4-6-8-1    then agi  4-4-2  

think its a good setup ?

Beagest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 12:50 AM   #8
Wildmage

Loremaster

Has the Str Line been abandoned?
Wildmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 08:59 AM   #9
Norrsken

Loremaster

Wildmage wrote:
Depends. if you wanna outlast everyone, you go sta/int. If you wanna burn people to ashes, you go str/int. SMILEY I always liked to outlast everyone on my sk. If I want to burn people down, I go toy with my necro.

Old 07-30-2007, 04:23 PM   #10
Wildmage

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
Wildmage wrote:
Depends. if you wanna outlast everyone, you go sta/int. If you wanna burn people to ashes, you go str/int. SMILEY I always liked to outlast everyone on my sk. If I want to burn people down, I go toy with my necro.
I'm not talking about PVP
Wildmage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2007, 06:48 PM   #11
Mistmoore-Milaga

Loremaster

Wildmage wrote:
The OP is. I've not spent any time on the PVP server with acheivements, but I will say that any SK should make getting 448 INT their first priority. I can see 48821 STA/INT being a great build for PVP. I bet that endline INT is actually useful.
Mistmoore-Milaga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 08:04 AM   #12
Norrsken

Loremaster

Wildmage wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
Wildmage wrote:
Same thing for pve. If you wanna last long, go sta, if you wanna burn stuff down, go str. to add a bit more, sta makes reaver proc its heals for more. SMILEY

Old 07-31-2007, 10:40 AM   #13
MaCloud1032

Loremaster

Iam currently full str/int the reflect at times is realy nice.  I have reflected apoc from warlock fears and some roots and big nukes.  You cant reflect point blank stuff.

I find it realy nice if you dual somebody but you dont get much of that on a pvp server.

For pvp you tend to reflect a lot of debuffs that mobs use.

Another thing on reflect you will not reflect anything untill you engage the mob/person

MaCloud1032 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 11:20 AM   #14
Norrsken

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Iam currently full str/int the reflect at times is realy nice.  I have reflected apoc from warlock fears and some roots and big nukes.  You cant reflect point blank stuff.

I find it realy nice if you dual somebody but you dont get much of that on a pvp server.

For pvp you tend to reflect a lot of debuffs that mobs use.

Another thing on reflect you will not reflect anything untill you engage the mob/person

Reflecting Ice Nova ftw! SMILEY the cast animation is recognisable, and if you are on the ball, you should be able to get spell reflect up before the spell lands. Wizard goes OUCH!

Old 07-31-2007, 12:02 PM   #15
Aeadiin

Loremaster

I went 48821 STR, 86801 INT, max reaver abilities except for doom judgement reduction (only get one off per fight regaurdless), 5 points into resist reduction and 4 points into the strength leach to get the STA buff/debuff. I get a lot of mileage out of this setup, but there are plenty of times I wish I had the STA line with DA.
Aeadiin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 12:36 PM   #16
MaCloud1032

Loremaster

Aeadiin wrote:
I went 48821 STR, 86801 INT, max reaver abilities except for doom judgement reduction (only get one off per fight regaurdless), 5 points into resist reduction and 4 points into the strength leach to get the STA buff/debuff. I get a lot of mileage out of this setup, but there are plenty of times I wish I had the STA line with DA.

Looks alot like my setup but i have had fights where ive been able to doom judgment up to 4 times(i have the shortend timer also have short timer on dispoil)

Another good thing to do is hide your big DoTs or big debuffs inside other debuffs/dots

Due to the cure changes it makes sure it is up at least 10sec if not more befor the cure it.

MaCloud1032 is offline   Reply With Quote