EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > History and Lore
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-05-2012, 12:58 AM   #31
Wilin

Loremaster

I'll be looking for:

- the Harrowing Horde

- the song of ghostly libation in the Tavern of Lost Souls

- the shade of myself

- the Deathtoll Tower

- a ringing bell

- an eternal blood red sky

- a spiral maw

- the final foe

- fields of skulking haunts and a million headstones

- a headstone with my name on it that is the zone out SMILEY

Old 09-05-2012, 01:16 AM   #32
Celline-Layonaire

Loremaster

Wilin wrote:

I'll be looking for:

- the Harrowing Horde

- the song of ghostly libation in the Tavern of Lost Souls

- the shade of myself

- the Deathtoll Tower

- a ringing bell

- an eternal blood red sky

- a spiral maw

- the final foe

- fields of skulking haunts and a million headstones

- a headstone with my name on it that is the zone out

Hahahaha lol!

Celline-Layonaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:46 AM   #33
Rainmare
Server: Oasis
Guild: Pillage

Loremaster

Cyliena wrote:

I just had a horrible thought.. if it is the Ethernere... half of the zones will probably end up looking exactly like this overused zone:

(not lore related but thought about it while reading Rainmare's post)

I think this might be the 'inbetween plane' for spirits, yes. when we were building the Ulterean Spires, the events lead to a similar zone with it being yellowish/gold.

but considering that, I don't think this 'inbetween' plane is wher we'll go. I still bet money on it being the Dead Hills, with Kyle's attempt on Antonia's life being thwarted and the means to perform his ritual confiscated. if he wants power now, he's going to have to take it. which means taking on the Qeynosian forces directly.

he tried the cloak and dagger, now it's time to try the broadsword. But, the Combine alliance means taking on Qeynos will result in taking on the other cities as well. so even with Qeynos' soldier mostly deployed, he'll still need an army to deal with the Combine's forces.

hence he'll retreat to the Dead Hills. probably there now, I wouldn't be surprised if that portal he leaves through during the speech in front of the castle isn't to a throne room of his long dead former empire. he'll rally the souls of his dead, probably even convince souls of other empires (like Kraytoc) to join with him to avenge themselves agains the adventurers that bested them.

he may only be after Qeynos to turn it into a Santcus Seru like city...but to get toe qeynos he'll have to take on the entire Combine.

Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:01 AM   #34
Mixxit
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster

Maybe Erus can help him out!

Alluvial, Order of Thunder @ Antonia Bayle

Maintainer of Lore of Norrath

Need lore? EQ Timeline

Mixxit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 11:44 AM   #35
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

[email protected] wrote:

but considering that, I don't think this 'inbetween' plane is wher we'll go. I still bet money on it being the Dead Hills, with Kyle's attempt on Antonia's life being thwarted and the means to perform his ritual confiscated. if he wants power now, he's going to have to take it. which means taking on the Qeynosian forces directly.

he tried the cloak and dagger, now it's time to try the broadsword. But, the Combine alliance means taking on Qeynos will result in taking on the other cities as well. so even with Qeynos' soldier mostly deployed, he'll still need an army to deal with the Combine's forces.

hence he'll retreat to the Dead Hills. probably there now, I wouldn't be surprised if that portal he leaves through during the speech in front of the castle isn't to a throne room of his long dead former empire. he'll rally the souls of his dead, probably even convince souls of other empires (like Kraytoc) to join with him to avenge themselves agains the adventurers that bested them.

he may only be after Qeynos to turn it into a Santcus Seru like city...but to get toe qeynos he'll have to take on the entire Combine.

Possibly, it definitely sounds more interesting than running around in another one of those "in-between planes" zones. I have to admit I don't know much about the Dead Hills aside from reading what you guys have talked about here. Every time it's mentioned though, it makes me think of the Hills of Shade from EQ's SoF expansion and Oceangreen Hills from the SoD expansion. Guessing neither are related to the Dead Hills though?

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 12:50 PM   #36
Mixxit

Loremaster

Cyliena wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Possibly, it definitely sounds more interesting than running around in another one of those "in-between planes" zones. I have to admit I don't know much about the Dead Hills aside from reading what you guys have talked about here. Every time it's mentioned though, it makes me think of the Hills of Shade from EQ's SoF expansion and Oceangreen Hills from the SoD expansion. Guessing neither are related to the Dead Hills though?

You could connect Oceangreen by Bertoxxulous due to the shrine there to Dead Hills simply because of his involvement down in the area of Dead Hills but it's not a direct link

Hills of Shade is fascinating in the EQRPG books and has a link back to the shadowed men who (we now know) are related to the Jal'Raeth of Dead Hills but again there isn't really a direct connection sadly

Need lore? EQ Timeline

Old 09-05-2012, 11:57 PM   #37
Mixxit

Loremaster

Zazoo of the Black Sun Sea says to you, "A struggle ensues beyond the deaths of many. The walls of Ethernere have been ripped and the spirits of the evil now hope to escape eternal damnation by claiming the corpses of the fallen."

You say to Zazoo of the Black Sun Sea, "How have the walls of Ethernere been ripped?"

Zazoo of the Black Sun Sea says to you, "I am no necrochronotheologist. I don't know! But I do know that dark rituals claimed from below are now being used unwittingly. There are those in evil hordes that howl to call forth their ancestors, never knowing that they have opened a portal for the wicked."

Possibly related to all this? 

Need lore? EQ Timeline

Old 09-06-2012, 12:23 AM   #38
Resstful

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Zazoo of the Black Sun Sea says to you, "A struggle ensues beyond the deaths of many. The walls of Ethernere have been ripped and the spirits of the evil now hope to escape eternal damnation by claiming the corpses of the fallen."

You say to Zazoo of the Black Sun Sea, "How have the walls of Ethernere been ripped?"

Zazoo of the Black Sun Sea says to you, "I am no necrochronotheologist. I don't know! But I do know that dark rituals claimed from below are now being used unwittingly. There are those in evil hordes that howl to call forth their ancestors, never knowing that they have opened a portal for the wicked."

Holy Cow! What a great opening for a ginormous Nights of the Dead event!!  I remember being a lowbie in EQLive and getting slaughtered by skellies on the way to Qeynos Hills and again on the road to High Pass Hold (is that the right name?) the first or second NOTD event. A HUGE amount of fun.

Resstful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 10:22 AM   #39
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

Resstful wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Holy Cow! What a great opening for a ginormous Nights of the Dead event!!  I remember being a lowbie in EQLive and getting slaughtered by skellies on the way to Qeynos Hills and again on the road to High Pass Hold (is that the right name?) the first or second NOTD event. A HUGE amount of fun.

I remember that. There was a GM triggered event in East Karana where some unique loot dropped. My main on EQ still has three items from that event in her bank, couldn't bear to part with them. It was epic and fun.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote