EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-28-2012, 04:29 PM   #31
Kreton

Loremaster

Thought the main point of this revamp was to merge the zones like freeport.  I thought at first I was still in the old pre-revamp zone when I arrived in Qeynos Harbor and it looked the same and required you to zone to get to the other parts of Qeynos.

Kreton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 04:32 PM   #32
Dreyco

Archive of Ik

I am also pretty disapointed... I expected at least an update to bring the art quality up to par with what we've seen in more recent updates.  Leaving most everything as it was circa 2002 when it was first put together is a real let down. 

Grand Historian of The Archive of Ik
Dreyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 06:47 PM   #33
Firecracker
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Knights of Qeynos

Loremaster

I for one am also disappointed that more wasn’t done.

First of all... the Harbor could have been cleaned up and possibly adding more tents such a broker, mender and other misd.  npc’s to fill in the area . They could of made the Harbor more of merchant area with sellers and other what not’s to fill in docking area or even add ships or boats to appear as a busy dock with new shipments.

Second- Is Elddar could have been cleaned up by removing the broken walls throughout the whole area.

Third- They could of added more flowers and flower beds throughout Qeynos since most Good kingdoms I've seen has things like these. I suppose since most of the art people are males they don’t care for that but they should if they care about women in general and female players who play this game. I mean I can’t think of too many zones that has array of flowers in it other the ‘Flora’ option you  may see in open land areas only if you have this option selected. To me if they had added things like this it could made the so call revamp of Qeynos more noticeable in my opinion.

Old 06-28-2012, 08:00 PM   #34
Aneova
Guild: Masters of the Universe

Loremaster

I was disapointed, until i started reading the quest dialog... seems the citizens of Qeynos are just as upset that the Castle and the City Walls are all that were improved.

Originally Posted by Smed: I've been a regular lurker on this site for a while but I wanted to step in here and dispel something that's just plain not true - I don't have my name highlighted here, but anyone that doubts it's me can email me at [email protected] and I'll happily reply. We aren't going to be allowing RMT in any way, shape or form on the non-exchange enabled EQ II servers. Period. End of statement. In any event, I wanted to stop in and at least set the record straight - you aren't going to be seeing RMT allowed on the non-exchange enabled servers.

John Smedley President, Sony Online Entertainment
Aneova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 09:36 PM   #35
Resstful

Loremaster

I'm getting a kick out of so many of the same people who cried, moaned, pitched hissy fits about the 'garishness' and were disgusted, distraught, disappointed, etc. with the Freeport re-vamp are posting the same themed comments about the Qeynos re-vamp.

Very entertaining.

I LIKE the subtle changes in Qeynos. It is 2 zones not 3 as someone posted. The passage between North and South Qeynos is very EQLive-like.

Unlike another poster I had no problem calling home to Bubbleshire, walking around for old times sake and taking the old style bell to QH. No crashing. No black walls of Mordor appeared. Qeynos cleaned up and pleasant; no longer a ghost town.

And, yes, it is also entertaining to find that quite a few of the citizens are miffed about the plat wasted on the upgrades.

What is really fun is creating a level 1 in New Halas and coming in to Qeynos....I forgot about the early quests.

Having a blast and very thankful for the thorough testing and bug posts by the full time denizens of Test. You folks are brilliant! Many thanks for your work.

Resstful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:08 AM   #36
Brigh

Loremaster

I expected more of an art difference than different things on the walls, etc. Qeynos harbor looks exactly the same other than the dark bronze-ish additions.

I did notice the return of Jerben Sleepwell (from Starcrest Commune) and his desire for batwing crunchies. For a long time he lost his desire since the housing NPC additions.

Here is a challenge for those that are good at it and know how and where to go:

QH>Arena left side behind the forge building...can you still jump over and find an exit to SQ from there? I don't remember the jumps nor have the patience to try after trying for a few minutes.

-Stephen Colbert

CoD3 double XP Rank Up promotion lesson for kids
Brigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:21 AM   #37
Celline-Layonaire

Loremaster

Wait. Most of you guys and gals are now making last year's Freeport revamp sound good...right ?

Oh, come on...

Celline-Layonaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 02:50 AM   #38
Brigh

Loremaster

The SQ mage tower doesn't seem to have been changed one bit either. It seems to be a relic of the past

-Stephen Colbert

Old 06-29-2012, 04:46 AM   #39
Akamaru

Loremaster

The new Qeynos is a little underwhelming, I was expecting something really "WOW!" all I got was Meh. When I first entered, I thought something had gone wrong and it hadn't been updated at all, but as I explored further I noticed it had, Just nothing really significant

Akamaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:10 AM   #40
deadcrickets2

Loremaster

Celline-Layonaire wrote:

Wait. Most of you guys and gals are now making last year's Freeport revamp sound good...right ?

Oh, come on...

I didn't.  Only thing I was disappointed with on the Freeport one was that it wasn't seamless into Commonlands and Commonlands weren't re-vamped.

Am also on Playxpert.

If I have time I'll even answer tech questions.

deadcrickets2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:04 AM   #41
retro_guy

Loremaster

Meta-Shadow wrote:

I for one love the new Qeynos. No matter how much people wanted the side towns, NO ONE went there! Maybe one person every once in a while. I'm speaking for the AB server. When I was leveling my guild before it was 30, I would use Willow Wood and it's crafting area. No one would ever be there with me. Yet, everyone always screams " But think of Willow Wood!". Come on. I liked those places too. But I'd rather see it used for something else, rather than be a shell of it's former self just being stagnant and haveing NO reason for anyone to go there.

The new castle looks phenominal! I liked that they kept much of the city the same, it added the new with the old, which people also wanted!

But there is no reason we can't both have what we want!

Ok add those instanced questlines using the suburbs but once the questline is completed allow players to zone back into the original zone so we don't lose our homes! You say no one uses them so use them for something useful, but once the quest is finished you NEVER get to go back into those zones ever again! Does that make any sense????

I have several characters who live suburbs which match their characters. You have to remember that when we started the game these were the suburbs we lived in. No one could afford the expensive houses and for the early part you weren't even allowed to zone out of the suburbs into the city proper until you did your citizenship quest. Many people are attached to those little suburbs.

Castleview was my home for years, and many others still do enjoy those little zones, I can't be the only one! 

Old 06-29-2012, 07:08 AM   #42
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

Brigh wrote:

QH>Arena left side behind the forge building...can you still jump over and find an exit to SQ from there? I don't remember the jumps nor have the patience to try after trying for a few minutes.

Mentionned it in art, but yes, you can, pretty easily (well, if you know the jumps) and the door was revamped too

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 11:42 AM   #43
Brigh

Loremaster

Cinnimon wrote:

Second- Is Elddar could have been cleaned up by removing the broken walls throughout the whole area.

You remove those walls you remove EQ I history.

-Stephen Colbert

Old 06-30-2012, 07:45 PM   #44
Firecracker
Guild: Knights of Qeynos

Loremaster

Brigh wrote:

Cinnimon wrote:

The history of what? They either need to remove it or rebuild what it used to be for it looks unclean and as cities go they don't normally leave rubble, they move it so they can rebuild something new and hopefully better.

Old 06-30-2012, 08:16 PM   #45
katalmach

Loremaster

Cinnimon wrote:

Brigh wrote:

Cinnimon wrote:

The history of what? They either need to remove it or rebuild what it used to be for it looks unclean and as cities go they don't normally leave rubble, they move it so they can rebuild something new and hopefully better.

Yeah, like how in Athens they bulldozered the Acropolis to build a shiny new shopping mall, and how in Rome they replaced the Colosseum with a parking lot (parking lots are way better than old rubble, am I right?). Oh wait, no they didn't..

I actually have no idea what the history behind Elddar Grove is, but it's this kind of "new is better" thinking that makes me nervous about any kind of revamp. I'm unable to get on Test right now, so I haven't seen Qeynos for myself yet.. but the pictures make it look ok thus far. The only thing I miss is the ivy on the city walls! It looked so beautiful, but thankfully there's at least some left on the buildings.

I will be sad to lose the suburbs. I still remember when my boyfriend and I left the Isle of Refuge for the first time. I said "Wow, what a dump Qeynos is!" and he replied "What?? There's fountains, flowers and a view of the castle.. it's great!". Turns out my barbarian had ended up in Graystone Yard and his high elf in Castleview Hamlet - we'd had no idea there were different suburbs depending on your race. I thought it was awesome that our newbie experiences had such different flavour. Now it's all so samey, and to lose the suburbs completely is a shame.

katalmach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:33 PM   #46
Lasai

Loremaster

retro_guy wrote:

Meta-Shadow wrote:

I for one love the new Qeynos. No matter how much people wanted the side towns, NO ONE went there! Maybe one person every once in a while. I'm speaking for the AB server. When I was leveling my guild before it was 30, I would use Willow Wood and it's crafting area. No one would ever be there with me. Yet, everyone always screams " But think of Willow Wood!". Come on. I liked those places too. But I'd rather see it used for something else, rather than be a shell of it's former self just being stagnant and haveing NO reason for anyone to go there.

The new castle looks phenominal! I liked that they kept much of the city the same, it added the new with the old, which people also wanted!

But there is no reason we can't both have what we want!

Ok add those instanced questlines using the suburbs but once the questline is completed allow players to zone back into the original zone so we don't lose our homes! You say no one uses them so use them for something useful, but once the quest is finished you NEVER get to go back into those zones ever again! Does that make any sense????

I have several characters who live suburbs which match their characters. You have to remember that when we started the game these were the suburbs we lived in. No one could afford the expensive houses and for the early part you weren't even allowed to zone out of the suburbs into the city proper until you did your citizenship quest. Many people are attached to those little suburbs.

Castleview was my home for years, and many others still do enjoy those little zones, I can't be the only one! 

Loss of the suburbs was tragic in FP, and I would wager there are less people going to them now than when they were housing.  More abandoned than before, as predicted.  The loss was not worth the temporary gain of a very few non-repeatable quests.

Loss of Qeynos suburbs is worse.  And apparently, for even less gain.  It is so sad.

Most of my Chars are Freeport, but it isn't my "home" anymore.  It is just a place to bank and broker, no more soul than Paineel.  Talk about places "no one" goes.. try most of New Freeport.  There is no reason to go anywhere but house, bank and docks.. the rest of it replaced with a shiny facade that has no function at all, and no reason to go anywhere but the Coalition HQ and EFP docks.   I dislike FP now so much I moved all my crafting to a 6 room and venture out to the city only to bank.

Lasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 06:41 AM   #47
Rainmare
Server: Oasis
Guild: Pillage

Loremaster

At least the loss of the suburbs are explained in both situations.

in Freeport, two of them are interment camps. places you don't want to be. one is overrun with a cristanos born inquisition. there's a civil war/disturbance with the kerrans/erudites. actually out of the burbs, the only ones that you can see moving back into might be temple street and big bend. adn the areas witht eh fighting? the quests specifically get you to KEEP them fighting. Lucan would rather them kill eachother off then worry about it.

in Qeynos...it's a subtle plan by half of the Council of Ten, who have lost faith in Antonia's ability to rule/feel like she's ignoring them and thier function as her advisors.

Ironforge is arming gnolls that are invading the willow wood, for example. one of them is infecting the Freebloods (I'm wagering on the Concordium member) with a disease that makes them feral, and then using that as an excuse to 'purge' all of them. somone let a Necromancer into Starcrest. and by the looks of the mobs, it's a Paineel Erudite.

Someone allowed a Sullonite into Graystone..who's using totems to overwhelm everyone exposed with a blinding rage in an effort to convert followers.Someone opened Void portals in Baubleshire. all these actions and the results are meant to make Antonia look ineffective and weak..Ironforge also seems to be brokering deals with the Bloodsabers to screw with the beuracracy(sp) to slow down/mess with the things Antonia IS trying to help on.

the only suburb that isn't a warzone is Castleview. where the Renda'dal have come to try to get Koada'dal to come 'home' to New Tunaria. which is apparently only partly a lie. New Tunaria does want the Koada'dal and Renda'dal to become one people again...but Mayong still has his hold there, and the representative is a vampire. the vampires are looking for 'new blood' for thier own purposes.

They are actively getting the Frogloks to move out using propoganda about how they should be out of Castleview doing valorous deeds and helping Qeynos...so that the Renda'dal can 'convince' Koada'dal to move to New Tunaria with force if needed. the vampire rep even says that 1) he's not the only vamp sent with the renda'dal. 2) at least 1 member of the Council knew what he was, and let him and his ilk stay specifically to sow unrest in Qeynos.

the five working against Antonia are looking to put Kyle Bayle on the throne...prefering an undead spirit apparently to the Queen. but we know that Kyle bayle was void touched before from his dealing with Theer. (he might be the one that cuased the problems in the baubleshire)

you can even listen to Kyle give a speech talking about how rescuing lucan, allowing the ratonga into qeynos, and joining the combine (things she did against these particular councilmen's wishes/without the council's consent becuase she had the authority to do so) weakens Qeynos.

so in Qeynos, really the only 'burb' not being used/kept as a problem to discredit Antonia is Castleview. and if your not a Koada'dal packing to go to New Tunaria, your not welcome there either.

Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 05:18 PM   #48
redwoodtreesprite

Loremaster

This is horrid, why do the devs hate Qeynos?  SMILEY

With what is happening in Qeynos with this update, it is apparently about to fall, and Lucan to take over all of Antonica.

A bit of new textures and the city now rotting from within.  I am very sad for what will become of Qeynos now...

redwoodtreesprite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:24 PM   #49
Rainmare
Server: Oasis
Guild: Pillage

Loremaster

It's not so much hate...as the fact that both Kyle Bayle, and Antonia have legitimate claims to the throne.

this is a more violent version of american politics. they are trying to turn popular opinon against antonia, so they can then come in and bring Kyle to the throne and all the problems will get quickly solved. this is like the name slinging -mud flinging part in politics. they know that Antonia is VERY beloved by her people. they know she has legitimate claim to the throne, and they know if they flat out tried to supplant her with Kyle as an 'older' and rightful heir (which technically he is)...who is undead/a spirit...the people would never allow it.

they have to discredit her. they have to turn the people against her. that's why they are orchestrating what they are doing. they know full well, that councilmen like Vishra or Murrar or the froglok Kwipp I think it is, would never turn Qeynos over to Kyle. they'd never unite as a council against her.

So while murrar and the those loyal to antonia are working as hard as they can to help those in need and get things restored, the other five are blocking thier efforts, subverting them. they are pointing out the problems aren't being solved quickly enough. they are slowing down/stalling investigations and royal decrees to make it look like she's not doing much to help. the palace got it's overhaul, and the outer walls..but any other domestic projects are being blocked.

there's actually a dwarf or halfling in a robe that is part of the Qeynos restoration project...begging for money to help finance it. even though Ironforge could probably finance the whole thing 6 times over.

they are trying to stage a political coup in a country where the present ruler is loved...and VERY well protected. So they can't up and assassinate her. in fact the only assassins in qeynos are active supporters.

right now the only military might that the dissenters have is the Qeynos guard (some of them at least) the military advisor, and maybe some of the Concordium mages.

Antonia has the Royal guard, some of the Qeynos guard, the Eye of Bayle assassins guild, the 'known' sout guild,  some of the concordium, all the temple of life, popular opinon in her favor, and many or all of the most powerful adventurers.

creating civil unrest like they are doing is virtually the only option they have to take a shot at placing thier guy on the throne.

Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote