EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Tavern > Norrathian Homeshow
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-15-2011, 09:23 PM   #1
Kahlef

Loremaster

Usually I don't offer to do house commisions for other people. It is just not something I am comfortable with. However, due to certain cirscunstances I won't be getting in here, I offered to do one for Jazabelle. She accepted and the rest, as they say, is history.

For those who wish to visit it in person the adress is: 2 Bayle Court, South Qeynos under Jazabelle in the Antonia Bayle server.

The house should be open for visitors now and I believe Jazabelle will put it in the house leaderboards at some point.

Oh, and please don't mind the rat trying to be invisible in the pictures. He is totally not trying to steal any cheese out of Jazabelle's house. All the cheese there was in there were eaten during the house construction anyway.

We start with the house entrance, which looks way more ominous than the house actually is....

Passing through the door we come to the living room, the main area where Jazabelle receives her friends.

Going to the west wing of the house we can find the garden to the north. It is a small area where she can relax, read a book or just sit and enjoy the company of the flowers.

Just a note about the octagon on top of the garden... It was an idea I got from Marilia's The Not-So-Uncanny Estate! My first attempt at it sucked horribly. But Jazabelle saw potential on it and suggested the design you can see now.

To the south side of the west wing, we have the library. This is where Jazabelle can store some of her books, pick a few for reading, use as another area to receive friends and do some magical research.

Going back through the living room and entering the east wing, we find a bath area. It has a shower and other watery features whose workings only a gnome (or other crazies) would understand.

To the north side of the east wing we find the bedroom properly. There are some knick-knacks, probably mementos of places traveled by, plus the usual bed, amoire and a table to brush the hair or prepare for some special occasion.

Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoyed this little tour. SMILEY

Kahlef and a few others - Pirates - Crushbone server

My house designs
Kahlef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2011, 11:23 PM   #2
Gzelle

Loremaster

Its just beautiful... the whole thing.  I'm not going to be hiding in that house so I can use the shower either.  That must be another person you were thinking of.  What a great shower!!  I love how you made the entry in black with the red and white highlights, the fireplaces are amazing.  The library looks like a cozy place to snuggle up with a good book too!  Great job my friend!

Skitle, Gracy - AB
Gzelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 05:04 AM   #3
Goldinrae

Loremaster

There's a lot of great stuff in this place - excellent details throughout and an elegant style.  I particularly like the library 

Old 11-16-2011, 11:38 AM   #4
egyptiangothic

Loremaster

this is beautiful...so beautiful exacuted well done the colours so complement each outher and the blackmakes them all stand out SMILEY... my only advice i would sugest is to put a table with perhaps a vase of flowers on it behind the sofa to soften up the harshness of the stone platform that you have used to make the back .... but again i say it is absolutly beautiful well done SMILEY x

Wether you are a beginner or a vetran decorator, would you like to make friend's who's sole pleasure in game is to decorate!!

If so please /join Freeport.decorators Our little channel is blooming very well now we have so far aprox 25/30 players and we play at all times of the day and night so someone is always on to help!

Happy Decorating

Kianneoftroi (Freeport)

P.S to all the AB decorators ect this is in no way ment to offend your channel but more for us freeportarians to help each other and to have easy acces to player homes with out having to create a new char to switch server's...

You are all welcome to join as well if you would like too or not.
egyptiangothic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 11:48 AM   #5
Afista

Loremaster

Wow, this is lovely! I love all of the detail. Such seemless lines throughout and everything blends so well. I love the little library area with built in seating, and the way the ceiling in the garden turned out. The shower is also fantastic! Love it!

Click Image for link to decorating consolidated works website

Consolidated Works Fourm Thread
Afista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 12:28 PM   #6
Nisala
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Tales of Norrath

Loremaster

This is really cool!  I love how clean and balanced things look. Love the custom fireplace and the corner bench in the library and the little garden nook!  Your experiment with the ceiling octagon turned out really neat as well!  Love the bathroom as well!  Overall, very well done and lovely!

Thanks for sharing!

Old 11-16-2011, 02:09 PM   #7
Kahlef

Loremaster

Thanks everyone!

@Bovvered

I did think about doing that. But I kinda like the sofa as it is. I guess Jazabelle did too since she didn't ask to add anything to the house when I bugged her about it.

My house designs
Old 11-16-2011, 04:50 PM   #8
Aerfen
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Felwithe Freedom Fighters

Loremaster

This is wonderful!!  I love the fireplaces so much - aren't those bookcases great building blocks!  Bravo!

Thank you for giving carpenters building blocks!! - Lady Aerfen
Aerfen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2011, 11:46 AM   #9
Rakna
Server: Oasis
Guild: Recon

Loremaster

This house is perfect.  Everything fits together seamlessly.  It is obvious you put a lot of work into the home.  And what a home!  It is gorgeous, sophisticated, and cozy all at once.

I love the shower, with the water feature thingies on the walls made from steam lord tapestries.  It makes it feel like water is actually running, like someone is really about to take a shower.  It makes the house seem alive, like someone actually lives there and it isn't a dead space, or a museum.

I can't wait to log back in the game and tour it again, completed.

One word summary: perfection.

Rakna, Sulik, Penvarien, Razithe, Vecks

Antonia Bayle:

Reixis

Crushbone:

Levit

RES GESTAE:

Judgement (The Interno)

Cave of Caviness

Rome and Her Enemies

Sulik's House
Rakna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 06:54 PM   #10
Aiana

Loremaster

Brilliant and absolutely lovely! The colors work well together and I love how nice and sharp everything looks.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Aiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2011, 09:32 PM   #11
Ilyra
Guild: Collateral Damage

Loremaster

I want that shower! Yep... don't mind my hanging out in there, I'll bring my own soap. 

Ilyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2011, 07:25 PM   #12
Cloudrat

Tester

Where do I sign up to be your friend?   Lovely home, to die for shower!!  Great work and imagination went into this place.

Kudos,

Cloudrat

Old 02-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #13
Jazabelle
Guild: Homes and Tomes

Loremaster

Well, I feel pretty horrible. I kept intending to put this place up on the leaderboards, and I kept forgetting! But today I finally went in, paid the upkeep for the next month, and put it up on the leaderboards. Over two months late, but it's done.

For those interested in visiting, it's up under Large Homes, "The Lair by Rakuno."

I told you in-game when you first made the place, but I'll tell it to you again. I love it Raku, it's perfect! Thank you so much for doing this.

Blog: Homes and Tomes

"I keep a can of Raid next to my bed in case there are drachnids. It is the only Raid gear I have." -- Elogrim
Jazabelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #14
Zhaan
Server: Mistmoore
Guild: Order of Honor

Loremaster

Beautiful!  Very well done!

Zhaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 04:48 PM   #15
Kahlef

Loremaster

I am pretty late too with this but thank you for every comment. They are much appreciated.

@Cloudrat

All you need is to sign this contract. Don't mind the small print. It only transfer owneship of all your cheese from now on and forever to me. Also, belive it or not, that shower was easily the hardest part of the house to make. Most of the time in the house was spent trying to figure a good, original, bathing area.

@Jazabelle

I am just glad you liked it. I admit I was pretty nervous I wouldn't be able to make something nice for you since I did and still do think your skills as a decorator are far above mine.

In any case, it is a project we are both happy with and that is all that matters.

My house designs
Old 02-10-2012, 11:04 PM   #16
Geden
Guild: Blood Rain

Loremaster

How did I miss this gem? The house is lovely, and I really enjoyed looking at different color approach to Qeynos (usually people make it light). Totally loved the details like the "omnious" door and stone bench couches. Thank you for sharing  

Geden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:12 AM   #17
Tyrus Dracofire

Loremaster

whoa, love it alot, it really "easy" on the eyes.

it just look very quiet place and clean.

seem a good place to sleep during the day, it look too dark at nights SMILEY peering at smoke pattern on the wall seem to move.....

Tyrus Dracofire is offline   Reply With Quote