EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Tavern > Norrathian Homeshow
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-26-2012, 01:58 AM   #1
Tsumaranai
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: House Udedne

Loremaster

just one. and it's only a rough draft.

two things about this screenie:

first, i think the pics i posted before didn't show the cool neo-classical lintel fireplace topper decoration thinger (bone tables x2, sideways.) i had wanted to include it, but messed up. lol and DOH!! so here it is.

also, BEHOLD!!111!!ELEVENTY!!1!! my new prototype floor deisgn. not just an inlay, but marquetry dam it . SMILEY and yeah, i am still working out which woods to use for the best color combos. these are probably not the final colors i will use, but i am generally pleased with the effect. SMILEY

Tsumaranai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 03:34 AM   #2
Sharann
Server: Runnyeye
Guild: Order of the Guiding Light

Loremaster

The floor is magnificent I love the art style. I hope you will be publish it on leaderboards for easy travelling with a lvl 1 char

Old 01-26-2012, 07:17 AM   #3
egyptiangothic

Loremaster

Omg the floor is awsome... i am well impressed Happy Decorating Kianne xx

Wether you are a beginner or a vetran decorator, would you like to make friend's who's sole pleasure in game is to decorate!!

If so please /join Freeport.decorators Our little channel is blooming very well now we have so far aprox 25/30 players and we play at all times of the day and night so someone is always on to help!

Happy Decorating

Kianneoftroi (Freeport)

P.S to all the AB decorators ect this is in no way ment to offend your channel but more for us freeportarians to help each other and to have easy acces to player homes with out having to create a new char to switch server's...

You are all welcome to join as well if you would like too or not.
egyptiangothic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:22 AM   #4
Kaian
Guild: Restoration

Loremaster

Oh I adore the marquetry!  Looks perfectly done - the width of the black banding -just- right.  And it's as if you'd read my mind.  I was planning a marquetry design for when I decorate my Uncanny Estate - but that's at least 3 houses down the line yet so goodness knows when that will be.

Yours looks wonderful!

[EDIT] Looking at this and thinking about marquetry just put a thought into my head: wouldn't it be wonderful if they designed a mother-of-pearl tile?  Iridescent pearl. Or abalone.

Kaian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:17 AM   #5
Aiana

Loremaster

Gorgeous! I love the floor! What a beautiful job. And that fireplace is utterly amazing. Beautiful job! I can't wait to tour the house in person.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Aiana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:29 AM   #6
Eliohia

Guardian

oh my i love that floor!! simply georgous

Co-Leader in Guild Divinity

Happy hunting!!
Eliohia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 10:46 AM   #7
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

Very beautiful!

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:20 AM   #8
Tsumaranai

Loremaster

yay SMILEY and sorry about the mind reading thing. i promise i didn't peek at anything else in there. SMILEY sharann -- i will definitely publish, but not until the house is finished. which will be a while yet. but if you'd like to visit i would be happy to vet call you (or anyone else) in, at your leisure. there is also a back way into the house via alts summer houses in qeynos. those ports are not all public, but i can set them to let you thru. or maybe i should just set them all to public? anyway, happy to CoV anyone from the 'good' side in. just send me a tell and an invite. and oh yes, mother of pearl shimmery iridescence would be an awesome texture. or even just the inlay texture from the tops of those little tables from the D.I.R.T.Y. dig. which i wish i had bought more of... *grumble grumble*
Old 01-26-2012, 11:27 AM   #9
mappam

Loremaster

How did you do it??? It is soooo awesome!

mappam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 11:53 AM   #10
Tsumaranai

Loremaster

how did i do which part? the walls are ironwood counters, some right side up, some upside down. the stairs are long ornate shelves, and the stair railing is jealousy harps and ironwood floor lamps (upside down.) the fireplace is a shadowed stone pedestal display stand rock pedestal, 2 antonia bayle statues, a fancy collection box (turned up on it's side,) a lit halasian andiron, and 2 bone tables. the ceiling is an unusual square gear and 2 baneful sarcophagus lids upside down. and the floor is black marble, plain redwood, and polished wooden tiles. to get the floors flush i usually place the tiles, then turn them upside down so they are flush with the floor, then raise them up till they just peek over the next lower tile without any streaky interference lines. (a trick i think i learned from the awesome jazabelle!) the most difficult thing with the floor, which i am still adjusting is the black line -- too thin and it won't read/show correctly, too thick and it won't look realistic. i hope this answered your questions?

edited for to add a forgotten item, and to correct an item name (twice! apologies, i can't brain today)

Old 01-26-2012, 02:16 PM   #11
Bhael
Server: Oasis
Guild: Freedom Flames

Loremaster

Absolutely stunning!

Bhael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:32 AM   #12
Kaian
Guild: Restoration

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

yay and sorry about the mind reading thing. i promise i didn't peek at anything else in there. sharann -- i will definitely publish, but not until the house is finished. which will be a while yet. but if you'd like to visit i would be happy to vet call you (or anyone else) in, at your leisure. there is also a back way into the house via alts summer houses in qeynos. those ports are not all public, but i can set them to let you thru. or maybe i should just set them all to public? anyway, happy to CoV anyone from the 'good' side in. just send me a tell and an invite. and oh yes, mother of pearl shimmery iridescence would be an awesome texture. or even just the inlay texture from the tops of those little tables from the D.I.R.T.Y. dig. which i wish i had bought more of... *grumble grumble*

Good thing too, if you ask me.  Never know what you may find, rummaging around in a place like that ... *shifty look*

Re: mother-of-pearl ... I'm having speculative thoughts about light frozen tiles + misty fog tiles + misty blue tiles ......

Really though, what I'd love to emulate is just far too complex to be able to do at the moment, though who knows, eventually, if we end up with the building blocks in a full range of textures.  I'm thinking of Victorian white mother-of-pearl inlaid into marquetry patterns, or Chinese/Japanese 19th century abalone inlaid into ebony or black lacquer ..... 

Kaian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 11:42 AM   #13
mappam

Loremaster

So sorry - talk about brain not working -

I was refering to the floor inlay. It is SO cleaver and interesting.

mappam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 08:12 PM   #14
Geden
Guild: Blood Rain

Loremaster

Omg that floor, that fireplace... those pillars!! Oo Very very classy and neo-classical. Can't wait to see what else you'll add to it.

Geden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 10:01 PM   #15
Afista

Loremaster

oooh very pretty!

Click Image for link to decorating consolidated works website

Consolidated Works Fourm Thread
Afista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:57 PM   #16
Kahlef

Loremaster

I think I said this in person already but I love your floor designs. Actually, I love all your decoration works but since this post is about your new floor inlay I am just sticking to that one for now. SMILEY

As soon as possible I will try to hop over there again to look at it in person with one of the alts!

Kahlef and a few others - Pirates - Crushbone server

My house designs
Kahlef is offline   Reply With Quote