EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Altar of Malice Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion (AoM Beta)
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-16-2014, 11:17 PM   #1
Buffrat

Both zones have crashing issues.

I can't remember zone names, but we never got past the first room of either due to crashes, so brief descriptions:

The zone with with red/black minotaur-ish statue in the first room had the trash mobs casting spells on me for millions of damage. The 2 headed skeleton's Skull Crush was hitting me for 8 million a pop and one of the bonecaster's spells was hitting me for 2.5mx2 a pop.

The zone with the first named having the exploding bone walls: Group couldn't figure out how to not die to bone walls. I'm also not entirely sure how the curse works but it might be unfair if it lands on the tank with 2.5 million hp.
Buffrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2014, 10:14 PM   #2
Ucala

Sanguine heroic zone.

the first name (statue) as well as his adds have the 7.7 bil hp bug that is in many group zones.

also the trash hits way way too hard
Ucala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 12:09 AM   #3
Ucala

Resonance of Malice heroic.
group was illy, dirge, conj, ranger, zerker, warden

still have no idea what to do with the first name, we just deathsaved through the bone walls and stuff.

2nd name --
his porting method seemed a bit off. one time we got ported to the entrance of the zone for some reason (maybe it ports you to a random person in the group I guess?)

3rd name --
the main guy that starts with U and throws the spear has way too much hp.
he also stopped porting/throwing spears after the other 2 died. script seemed to stop

4th name --
still no idea what this name does

5th name --
real amusing fight, it pushed it to the limits for the healer to solo heal.
we killed the main guy at the end though and the mini names were still here, dead but not dead phase thing and we didn't know what to do about that

also the trash hits harder than any of the names atm
Old 10-18-2014, 01:38 AM   #4
Wigin

Developer

The first boss had very little leeway in timing but you should be able to dodge every bonewall if you do positioning correctly.

The second boss is porting you all to a random player. I will have to add a check to make sure that that player is actually close to the fight.

The third boss set the main boss doesn't do any real special mechanics the other two do stuff which is why those mechanics stopped once they were did and when they die they buff you so that you can burn him down faster.

The forth boss should be casting a cone ability in a random direction that can be dodged as well as a snare that you need to cure to move out of the way.

The fifth boss adds should either become killable or die after the main boss dies. I will check the script and make sure they clean up nicely.

When you say trash is doing more damage are you talking about auto attacks damage or ability damage?
Wigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2014, 04:04 AM   #5
Ucala

both.

mainly ability damage.
bonecasters and an ascended senty were the biggest things, they abilities were hitting for millions
Old 10-22-2014, 12:22 AM   #6
Ucala

still needs a fix
Old 10-22-2014, 07:38 AM   #7
Bloodguts

Trash was reducing resists way too much with their various AoEs and we kept getting one shotted.

First boss didn't attempt it so can't give feedback on it.

Second boss dont' recall anything in particular. We burned it really fast.

Third boss we interrupted the guy with the Bone Spear and killed him first. the one that starts with P was just randomly one shotting people for some reason and we couldn't tell where he was. We eventually killed him but we didn't get any buffs from A or P, therefore Usher, who has over 6 billion HP, took about 20 minutes to kill.

Fourth Boss wasn't doing anything special, killed her fast.

Fifth boss, now this fight is ******** as hell! If you bring a group with a lot of AE dps, you'll push his health threshold by mistake with AEs alone and then you'll get the Tone of Pain effect which will kill you. I'm fine killing adds, but having to kill adds and not pushing his threshhold every 10% was painful. maybe make it every 25% or 20% to balance the fight out a bit.
Bloodguts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 07:26 AM   #8
Darkon

Ossuary : Sanguine Fountains ->

Trash encounter in the final room wrecks.

AE hits for like 30 billion and 'a summoner of bones' heals for like 50% health/sec. Probably not intended..
Darkon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 07:42 AM   #9
Darkon

D'Nari the Bone Sculptor : ->

One add has no health, other has a zillion.

Spawned adds render under the world.

Black circle effects last way longer than their graphic does.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:50 AM   #10
Darkon

Dying repeatedly to 'More than one sculpture of bones being present sends D'Nari the Bone Sculptor into a rage slaying your party!' without the add ever being visible. I think it's rendering under the world.
Old 10-23-2014, 05:01 PM   #11
Uncle

buffrat good to see you all blew that zone up..
id like to add I was in on the first named and having to stare at the mobe buff /debuffs bars for a det to remove going to get irrating fast
Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 08:19 PM   #12
Darkon

Finally killed D'Nari with one of our guilded DPS classes by just annihilating it.

Ritualist K'Deru seemed easy. I tagged her after her first port/split, and we just burned the tagged version. Ezpz.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:22 PM   #13
Darkon

High Inquisitor V'Raudin stacked us with some detriment and we burned it.

Groupwide dps was 61m though with our conjuror being #1 at 31m..
Old 10-23-2014, 08:24 PM   #14
Darkon

The Embodiment of Gore also seemed to just fall over.

'sanguine spray' had like 1 health.

The bone add that ran up the stairs also had 1 health.

Idk.
Old 10-23-2014, 08:28 PM   #15
Buffrat

I feel like the final fight was not done at all. 0 incoming damage, adds have 1 hp, the curse did nothing but increase power use, idk what the arcane did, I just cured it.

[IMG]
Old 10-24-2014, 04:44 AM   #16
Ucala

eh tried doing the zone. 2nd name is broken with what darkonx says Tongue was hoping it was fixed already
Old 10-24-2014, 04:45 AM   #17
Carlieus

Sanguine second name is bugged one of the adds had way to much HP and adds spawn underground
Carlieus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 10:07 AM   #18
Arieva

Ossuary: Sanguine Fountains
First named..gargoyle looking guy. Group makeup: SK, conji x2, ranger, dirge, channeler.
Couldn't kill it. Fight seems broken. Dispels of buffs on mob come too fast to reasonably be kept off. Would possibly take 2 mages doing nothing but watching for it to pop to dispel it quickly enough. If it stayed on for over a second the tank was smashed. This setup did Highhold zones fine, but couldn't kill first name here in . So if its intended to be 2 heals the damage might be fine..if not needs adjusting.

Had to basically not attack named at all to burn slowly enough to allow for adds to be managed. Auto only. Short of tank and healer which I'm sure were kept more than busy, this fight was a joke. Stand around with auto on till add pops...someone snares it or otherwise distracts it. Mage stands around with finger on dispel, otherwise twiddling thumbs. If we've got the strat right..horrible fight as is currently. Only thing that seemed to be working well was the circle script.

Note: Not a makeup of super uber top world wide raiders like many names I recognize from above posts. We're the average guys not quite clearing guardians edifice (but close)
Arieva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 01:09 PM   #19
Buffrat

It's possible/probable your tank just didn't know what his buttons did if they were dying in under a second. As a mystic, I was putting out about 1.2m hps on the second named in that zone with a paladin pug who I'm 95% sure didn't know what his abilities did, then when I invited Darkon to come in my hps dropped to ~400-600k (basically afk healing). Any gear differences (there weren't many anyway) are irrelevant since the zone buff makes everyone a god.
Old 10-25-2014, 01:34 AM   #20
Arieste

Sanguine Fountains: The Sanguine Fiend

We pulled this guy for abotu an hour with random pug. . Figured the script etc. Then something buggy happened. After a bunch of pulls during which he reliably did it, on the next few pulls he stopped broadcasting his red text messages for the AEs (close/far/front/etc.) We definitely stayed alive long enough for at least a couple of of those those AEs to be cast. (guess is we got lucky and were in correct position. He did not broadcast for 2 pulls. Then on the next pull it was working again.
Arieste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 07:57 AM   #21
Krumble

I was the SK (Gromm). First off, we're talking about the first named, not the second named. Second, I'm familiar with what my buttons do, thanks. Smile

As for feedback:

1) The spell Rain of Malice was casting pretty fast for an aoe that has to be dodged by the tank. No way to stay in and mitigate the disease dmg, even with the resists the beta buff gives (Some hits were for 10mil +, with the right temps up could drop it as low as 2.4 mil but was still a one-shot). Not a huge deal. With some practice can be dodged, but a little bit more time to react would be nice.

2) If the buff (hardened bones I believe is the name of it) was not dispelled off the named, I was taking auto attack hits for as high as 9,776,772 slashing dmg (I have 21k mit base and about 24k mit with my temporaries up). I don't have enough dmg-reduction to bring that down to reasonable. Once SK's Furor is down and I'm relying on Death March, Crusader's Faith, Diamond Flesh, Divine Aura, etc to try and survive, it's game over. Now, without the buff, the damage was easily manageable, but during our attempts the named was throwing the buff up very quickly and as a result I was taking a lot of one-shots regardless of what temps I had running. Bugged perhaps?

All I know is, as a tank, this fight sucked. No matter how I cycled my defensive goodies, it wasn't enough. For reference, I've completed all the other heroic zones required for the mount and have had very little trouble.
Krumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 10:37 AM   #22
Buffrat

My post had nothing to do with any specific named, it was a generalization.

Make a timer. If it's 60s or more, hateful + chaotic blade will get you through every one. If it's 45s-59s, rotate hateful + chaotic and manawall. If it's 30s-44s, hr+cb, manawall, hr+cb, furor, hr+cb, manawall, hr+cb, cf+sontalak's claw (or all your DRs), hr+cb, manawall, hr+cb, furor, etc.

How fast is pretty fast?
Old 10-25-2014, 12:02 PM   #23
Darkon

You shouldn't be dying in there as an s. It really is just rotating buttons.
Old 10-25-2014, 05:49 PM   #24
Krumble

His buff was coming up every couple of seconds. Mage would dispel and it would be back up before her dispel refreshed.

Didn't matter what I rotated. No matter what I had up, short of SK's Furor, it was not enough to take his auto attack damage below one-shot city when his buff was on. Buff was coming on him every couple of seconds, and I think that was the problem. It was like he was chain casting it. We had an issue with a trash mob in there chain casting skullcrush and another mob in there chain casting adds (swirling bones or something like that).
Krumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 07:29 PM   #25
Ucala

we still can't figure out the first name strat in Sanguine. /shrugs
name spawns adds on the corners of the room, can't let the adds reach the name, but you can't root the adds, and you can't joust the name anywhere cause resets fights. and you can't kill the adds cause they either take no damage or have a ton of hp
Old 10-25-2014, 07:52 PM   #26
Arieste

Adds are mezzable. At least.. yesterday our coercer was mezzing them. but they would occasionally break and there is very little room space-wise to remez.
Old 10-25-2014, 09:07 PM   #27
Arieva

I think we understand the strat, but execution on the first named in Sanguine is overly difficult. I don't think its supposed to be as difficult as it is but I'm not sure. Even beta buffed we can't get past first room. First night we went in there the mob seemed to have waaaaay too few HP. We basically had to call for no real dps on him and auto attack him down until add would spawn..snare the crap out of the add, rinse repeat. Second night we went in...2 healers kept tank alive better except for on the one ability gromm mentions higher up in thread. HP of the mob seemed muuuuuch higher, much more than the difference of missing one dps class for the extra healer would explain. There was also one time we popped in there and couldn't even activate the name because as gromm mentioned..trash seemed to be chain casting abilities and wiping us.

Also following the strat is difficult with the leash points on the mob. One corner of the room the named leashes before he gets to the corner. I'd extend the leash points clear out to the outer corners and make it so you can utilize all the room including the entrance stairs. Snaring works but you have to have room to work, I don't believe the zone should require a chanter
Arieva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 09:19 PM   #28
Ucala

if the adds are meant to disappear, that didn't happen with us Tongue
Old 10-26-2014, 08:14 AM   #29
Ucala

yea noticed that, seems that isn't the right way though, cause you would have countless adds by the end of the fight. and still would fail on mezzing atleast one.
if the name didn't have 7.7 bil hp it might be different
Old 10-26-2014, 08:36 AM   #30
Arieste

The 1st mezzed went away for us shortly after the 2nd was mezzed. we ran out of time to keep trying it by then, but seemed like we had the strat down.