EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2007, 12:39 AM   #1
Cocytus

Loremaster
Cocytus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,908
Default

New test update notes...Thanks to all the people who got it nerfed. You can only wear armor heavier than what you have currently equipped.

I can't believe people sometimes. Seriously. I was looking forward SO MUCH to finally being able to use my pirate boots while in combat.

So much for that. So much for customers service. The last thing this game needs is more restrictions.

Can we please make this robe specific so robe wearers will be happy without screwing everyone over?

So tired of this kind of stuff...

Cocytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 12:45 AM   #2
Captain_Xpendab

General
Captain_Xpendab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: I'M IN THE PHONE BOOK!!! I'M SOMEBODY!!!
Posts: 205
Default

(edited, not constructive)
__________________
__________________________________________________ ____
"Let me guess, my theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."


It's been nice working with you GIR, now self destruct.

FINALLY!!!HEhehehehehehehe *BOOM*


"One foozlebit short of a fwinger"
Captain_Xpendab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 12:48 AM   #3
Cocytus

Loremaster
Cocytus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,908
Default

Seriously. I don't even care about robes. I care about OTHER SLOTS.

The devs need to make this Either robe specific or chest-slot specific. I know the main problems are coming from mages complaining about everyone wearing robes...So fix that.

You guys already made it so anyone can wear teh city status stuff in their appearance slots. Can you PLEASE make this new change chest slot only? Or robe only?I'm going to be very, very, very sad if a SWASHBUCKLER cannot wear PIRATE BOOTS.

Cocytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 12:52 AM   #4
Sapphirius

Loremaster
Sapphirius's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,399
Default

I guess this mean that my beserker can't wear his white "yukata" (T1 mastercrafted robe) over his armor after all. Pfffft. Looks like he'll continue tanking in plate with a cloth chest piece. He only pulls out the plate chest piece when the healers can't keep up with the dmg.

Seriously, what's it gonna hurt if my zerker wants to wear full plate and have only a cloth robe in his fluff armor slots? It's not going to kill you if my zerker wears a cloth robe over his armor, so why?

__________________



Decorating is 1% inspiration, 9% work, and 90% tweaking. I've spent many an hour just moving things I've placed an inch or so over "that-a-way."
Sapphirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 12:53 AM   #5
Cocytus

Loremaster
Cocytus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,908
Default

Sapphirius wrote:

I guess this mean that my beserker can't wear his white "yukata" (T1 mastercrafted robe) over his armor after all. Pfffft. Looks like he'll continue tanking in plate with a cloth chest piece. He only pulls out the plate chest piece when the healers can't keep up with the dmg.

Seriously, what's it gonna hurt if my zerker wants to wear full plate and have only a cloth robe in his fluff armor slots? It's not going to kill you if my zerker wears a cloth robe over his armor, so why?

Yeah. I think it's a stupid change too. I can't believe the devs catered to such a small % of people and ignored everybody else.

Unbelievable. Borderlining outrage, imo.

Cocytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 12:57 AM   #6
Amphibia

Loremaster
Amphibia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,256
Default

This change is disappointing. I actually like the look of robes and was hoping I could wear one on my monk, but guess I can forget about that now. There is also one part of the update note i dont understand:
  • Only items usable by your class, and heavier than your currently equipped armor can be worn.
What does this mean?
__________________




Amphibia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:01 AM   #7
Captain_Xpendab

General
Captain_Xpendab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: I'M IN THE PHONE BOOK!!! I'M SOMEBODY!!!
Posts: 205
Default

It means if you can, for example, wear chain and have chain equipped, you can't equip cloth or leather in the fluff slots.It's still on test though, so maybe if we can give constructive feedback, we can get it changed.(edited my previous post for that reason)
__________________
__________________________________________________ ____
"Let me guess, my theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."


It's been nice working with you GIR, now self destruct.

FINALLY!!!HEhehehehehehehe *BOOM*


"One foozlebit short of a fwinger"
Captain_Xpendab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:03 AM   #8
zelocka01

Loremaster
zelocka01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 40
Default

I hope this gets changed back because the feature is useless otherwise.
zelocka01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:05 AM   #9
Cocytus

Loremaster
Cocytus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,908
Default

Agreed, heartily. 

I'm trying to refrain from being to annoyed at how much of an outrage it is for such a small % of the players being catered to over the majority.

Anyway. As I proposed...We really don't need to make this for every slot. The main complaint was from robe-wearers complaining about so many people going to wear robes. I can definately see the problem there.

All that needs to be done...Make this new restriction specific to robes only, that way people can still generally look how they want. If not, make it specific to the chest slot. It really doesn't make sense that my pirate character can't wear pirate boots, at all.

I mean, really, if you have so many restrictions on your character looking how you want it do, what is the point in the first place? How is this supposed to make players happy?Answer is...It does not make players happy, except for the cloth wearers that want to force restrictions on other classes, despite knowing when they rolled a cloth wearer, that they were, and forever would be, stuck in cloth clothing.

Cocytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:06 AM   #10
Amphibia

Loremaster
Amphibia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,256
Default

Captain_Xpendable wrote:
It means if you can, for example, wear chain and have chain equipped, you can't equip cloth or leather in the fluff slots.It's still on test though, so maybe if we can give constructive feedback, we can get it changed.(edited my previous post for that reason)
Thanks. English isn't my first language, so sometimes I get a little confused. SMILEYStill hoping they'll change their minds about this latest change, but I'm happy Aeralik and his team listened to us earlier and will at least let PvP get the same as the PvE servers.
__________________




Amphibia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:08 AM   #11
Seraki

Loremaster
Seraki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 192
Default

"Only items usable by your class, and heavier than your currently equipped armor can be worn"

 I was thinking this was a typo so I checked on my test wizard.    I had a fluff robe that was a weight of 1.0 in appearance slot and a cloth robe in my normal chest slot that was 0.8 in weight.   So I swapped them to see what would happen and both of them were interchangeable .

 edit: Just checked my SK.   nope its not a typo    SMILEY      The armor I had on her earlier today in the appearance slot no longer shows. 

Seraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:09 AM   #12
zelocka01

Loremaster
zelocka01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 40
Default

I think a better solution would be to allow any gear of your current level to be in the view slot for any class.  Why should cloth be suck with only cloth options.  Give them options other then robe only and they wont be so mad at additional classes that can wear more.

zelocka01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:10 AM   #13
Cocytus

Loremaster
Cocytus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,908
Default

zelocka01 wrote:

I think a better solution would be to allow any gear of your current level to be in the view slot for any class.  Why should cloth be suck with only cloth options.  Give them options other then robe only and they wont be so mad at additional classes that can wear more.

This is a MUCH BETTER solution than what is currently in place.
Cocytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:16 AM   #14
Amphibia

Loremaster
Amphibia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,256
Default

Cocytus wrote:

Agreed, heartily. 

I'm trying to refrain from being to annoyed at how much of an outrage it is for such a small % of the players being catered to over the majority.

Anyway. As I proposed...We really don't need to make this for every slot. The main complaint was from robe-wearers complaining about so many people going to wear robes. I can definately see the problem there.

All that needs to be done...Make this new restriction specific to robes only, that way people can still generally look how they want. If not, make it specific to the chest slot. It really doesn't make sense that my pirate character can't wear pirate boots, at all.

I mean, really, if you have so many restrictions on your character looking how you want it do, what is the point in the first place? How is this supposed to make players happy?Answer is...It does not make players happy, except for the cloth wearers that want to force restrictions on other classes, despite knowing when they rolled a cloth wearer, that they were, and forever would be, stuck in cloth clothing.

I don't think it's about that, to be honest. Some people just got freaked out by the idea of tanks wearing santa hats and frostfell outfits, as well as robes and other things like that. Personally, I'm a little disappointed with the latest change. I think it would have been fun and provided a much better oppertunity for the players to customize their character, but I guess a lot of people didn't agree.  Now everyone is gonna wear the formal wear from the city merchant instead. Hurray for diversity.... SMILEY
__________________




Amphibia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:17 AM   #15
Seraki

Loremaster
Seraki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 192
Default

miss posted

Seraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:17 AM   #16
Amphibia

Loremaster
Amphibia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,256
Default

zelocka01 wrote:

I think a better solution would be to allow any gear of your current level to be in the view slot for any class.  Why should cloth be suck with only cloth options.  Give them options other then robe only and they wont be so mad at additional classes that can wear more.

That would be even worse, and give even less options to choose between.
__________________




Amphibia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:19 AM   #17
Cocytus

Loremaster
Cocytus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,908
Default

Yeah, it's a real shame.

And I agree...Just let people have fun with it, god. Don't we play a game to have fun? I could swear we do.

And why do people hate tanks so much? :/

Cocytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:20 AM   #18
Amphibia

Loremaster
Amphibia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,256
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

"Only items usable by your class, and heavier than your currently equipped armor can be worn"

 I was thinking this was a typo so I checked on my test wizard.    I had a fluff robe that was a weight of 1.0 in appearance slot and a cloth robe in my normal chest slot that was 0.8 in weight.   So I swapped them to see what would happen and both of them were interchangeable .

 edit: Just checked my SK.   nope its not a typo    SMILEY      The armor I had on her earlier today in the appearance slot no longer shows.   

 Man this just really .. really ... bites.    Two thumbs down!   SMILEY

Oh no, that was what I was afraid of. All my armor weighs about 2.0. And all the things I wanted to put in the fluff slots weigh the same or less. Grats Devs, looks like you just entirely nullified the purpose of the whole thing. Guess we can just all forget about having any fun with this now.
__________________




Amphibia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:20 AM   #19
kcirrot

Loremaster
kcirrot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 898
Default

zelocka01 wrote:
I hope this gets changed back because the feature is useless otherwise.
Agreed.  I don't see the point of this change.  Why create a way for us to personalize our characters and then put stupid nonsensical restrictions on it?You might as well not have bothered. SMILEY
kcirrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:21 AM   #20
Seraki

Loremaster
Seraki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 192
Default

edit:  after a night and morning to think about it, it kind of makes sense when I think of all the possible issues.   Its a good thing they changed it as fast as they did, cause we were having so much fun.

 Perhaps we can hope this will lead to some more interesting fluff gear. 

Seraki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:21 AM   #21
Captain_Xpendab

General
Captain_Xpendab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: I'M IN THE PHONE BOOK!!! I'M SOMEBODY!!!
Posts: 205
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

"Only items usable by your class, and heavier than your currently equipped armor can be worn"

 I was thinking this was a typo so I checked on my test wizard.    I had a fluff robe that was a weight of 1.0 in appearance slot and a cloth robe in my normal chest slot that was 0.8 in weight.   So I swapped them to see what would happen and both of them were interchangeable .

 Perhaps what they meant was that Lighter than your currently equipped armor?  At any rate it makes no sence as the statement that only items that can be used by your class will work.   

Ill check my sk and see if she can still wear the leather and chain I had on her earlier work.

I've been on already, my I tried equipping some leather boots that I could earlier. It sits in the slot but it has a red message about being below the type of armor I have equipped and doesn't show on my character.I agree that the restriction should be limited to robes, that seems to be the main thing that is really upsetting a small number of people.
__________________
__________________________________________________ ____
"Let me guess, my theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."


It's been nice working with you GIR, now self destruct.

FINALLY!!!HEhehehehehehehe *BOOM*


"One foozlebit short of a fwinger"
Captain_Xpendab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:23 AM   #22
Cocytus

Loremaster
Cocytus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,908
Default

Seems to me the change made today upset more people than the way it originally was. A lot more people.

If we need to have ANY KIND of restriction on this, I've already proposed a compromise that would work much better...heh.

Cocytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:27 AM   #23
Captain_Xpendab

General
Captain_Xpendab's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: I'M IN THE PHONE BOOK!!! I'M SOMEBODY!!!
Posts: 205
Default

[email protected] wrote:
Oh no, that was what I was afraid of. All my armor weighs about 2.0. And all the things I wanted to put in the fluff slots weigh the same or less. Grats Devs, looks like you just entirely nullified the purpose of the whole thing. Guess we can just all forget about having any fun with this now.
I'm pretty sure it's not talking about the weight measurement given, only about the Armour type. (cloth, leather,chain, plate)
__________________
__________________________________________________ ____
"Let me guess, my theories appall you, my heresies outrage you, I never answer letters, and you don't like my tie."


It's been nice working with you GIR, now self destruct.

FINALLY!!!HEhehehehehehehe *BOOM*


"One foozlebit short of a fwinger"
Captain_Xpendab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:27 AM   #24
Krymson

Loremaster
Krymson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 34
Default

Seriously.  I was actually looking forward to our tanks occasionally tanking Chel'Drak or some random dragon in a santa suit.  It wouldn't be an all-the-time thing I'm sure, but even if it were is that so horrible?I read over the patch notes and as a cleric my heart sank... sank I tell you!  If I would like to deck myself out in priestly garb "just for looks" then this was my opportunity to do so.  I don't really understand the rationale behind the change, at all.As mentioned above, opening up the "just for looks" armor slots across the board with only a level restriction would be so much better than heaping more restrictions.Le sigh.
__________________
Krymson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:29 AM   #25
Cocytus

Loremaster
Cocytus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,908
Default

Krymson wrote:
Seriously.  I was actually looking forward to our tanks occasionally tanking Chel'Drak or some random dragon in a santa suit.  It wouldn't be an all-the-time thing I'm sure, but even if it were is that so horrible?I read over the patch notes and as a cleric my heart sank... sank I tell you!  If I would like to deck myself out in priestly garb "just for looks" then this was my opportunity to do so.  I don't really understand the rationale behind the change, at all.As mentioned above, opening up the "just for looks" armor slots across the board with only a level restriction would be so much better than heaping more restrictions.Le sigh.

Yeah.... /sighAs Master Gibbs put it...

"And already, the world seems a bit less bright..."

Cocytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:38 AM   #26
Amphibia

Loremaster
Amphibia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 2,256
Default

Edit: Got it cleared up, thanks. SMILEY
__________________




Amphibia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:40 AM   #27
Lodrelhai

Loremaster
Lodrelhai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,271
Default

[email protected] wrote:
Cocytus wrote:I don't think it's about that, to be honest. Some people just got freaked out by the idea of tanks wearing santa hats and frostfell outfits, as well as robes and other things like that. Personally, I'm a little disappointed with the latest change. I think it would have been fun and provided a much better oppertunity for the players to customize their character, but I guess a lot of people didn't agree.  Now everyone is gonna wear the formal wear from the city merchant instead. Hurray for diversity.... SMILEY
Actually, santa hats and frostfell outfits do still override the current armor, whatever level it is.  Seems all the tailor-made fluff clothes do.So far the only fluff items that don't seem to override are the Hands of Marr ceremonial armor from Bloodline Chronicles.  No clue if the Brotherhood ceremonial stuff won't override as well, since I'm not elegible to buy that stuff.
Lodrelhai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:41 AM   #28
Sapphirius

Loremaster
Sapphirius's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 2,399
Default

[email protected] wrote:
  • Only items usable by your class, and heavier than your currently equipped armor can be worn.

What this means is that you cannot equip plate in your "fluff" slots if you are a cloth wearer. By the same token of the coin, if you are a plate wearer and wearing plate, you cannot equip chain or cloth in your "fluff" slots either, only plate. I assume that this was change to be "fair" to cloth wearers who can only wear cloth. Unfotunately, this penalizes those who, for their roleplay or other reasons, want to wear a cloth robe or cloth "pirate" boots, etc.

If I wanted to look like I was wearing plate, then I'd wear it, dang it! The gods know, the high tier plate is a heck of a lot more attractive than any other plate I could dig up for my zerker. The red AQ armor is just awful, and he wouldn't be caught dead in it. The problem is, that my zerker wears a yukata over his plate. He also likes to run around dual wielding swords and using bows... something of a samurai I guess you could say. I was hoping this option would finally provide me a way to always be in character on him without having to sacrafice mitigation and tanking ability to do it.

It's kind of annoying to have to switch to a plate breastplate and then tell my groups, "((BTW, this chestpiece is totally OOC. IC, he's still wearing his robe.))"

EDIT: And reading some of the other posts, it also apparently means that the actual weight of the item has to be heavier than what you've got equipped? Gah! What's the point in that then? If my inquisitor wants to wear her Inquis AQ armor minus the breastplate cause it's horribly mismatched (She got Lardnelg's Blackened Breastplate to match it.), she can't wear it because her current combination of devout and plate armor is heavier than her AQ armor?

Why give us these slots if we can't put anything in them except what we're currently wearing?

EDIT: Actual weight does not determine this rule. Just the armor class: plate, chain, leather, cloth.

__________________



Decorating is 1% inspiration, 9% work, and 90% tweaking. I've spent many an hour just moving things I've placed an inch or so over "that-a-way."
Sapphirius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:46 AM   #29
Cocytus

Loremaster
Cocytus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 1,908
Default

Which basically translates to upsetting a lot more people as opposed to making them happy.

*sighs* I really can't even say how disappointed I am atm. Trying to group but I'm just kinda walking around, so out of it heh.

Cocytus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2007, 01:47 AM   #30
Barq Bandit

Loremaster
Barq Bandit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: South Bend, IN
Posts: 687
Default

When they say weight, they're talking about weight classes, not specific weight.  Cloth, leather, chain, and plate are the four weight classes of armor.

I'm really disappointed with them putting a restriction on it like this.  My female Ratonga Templar looks so cute in a robe, and I was really, really looking forward to wearing a robe over her plate.  I don't want any restrictions on this at all.  I do not understand why robe wearing folks would be upset about other adventurers choosing to wear robes over their armor.  Why?  /boggle

This restriction might make sense for the PvP servers, maybe.  But PvE?  Why?  Give folks the freedom to wear what they want, please.  This restriction really [Removed for Content] the whole idea and attraction of the new feature.

 : (

__________________
Barq Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:50 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.