EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Fighter's Arena > Berserker
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-09-2004, 12:39 AM   #1
SCORP

I must be doing something wrong, could someone please tell me, because when I look at what damage I'm doing, I seem to constantly get "You Miss" and "You were parried" again and again and again, I hardly ever get a hit in and when I do, I hardly do any damage at all. I am a lvl 21 woodelf zerker, I use the great hammer of Strong hold, I have teched items etc.... yet this still happens. My attack is 330 and my defense is 800, is that why, if so, what do I do??
SCORP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 12:40 AM   #2
Tessi

Is your crushing skill low? I noticed when I switched weapon types to try to raise one that was low, that I had a horrible time hitting, even on greys.
Tessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 12:42 AM   #3
JDDbull

Loremaster

yes that is about all i can think of.  When i switch from axe to maces i had this prob cause my skill was not great in crushing.  now i do fine,
Old 12-09-2004, 12:54 AM   #4
Darkeb

Jep, just get your lvl up!I just switched from 2handed to dual wield (40/103),at the beginning I hit nothing but after 1 hour killingeverything was just fine. SMILEY
Old 12-09-2004, 02:07 AM   #5
SCORP

No I only just switched to the hammer,  it still happened the same when I was Delacars Axe of Savagery before.

I think I'm just doing it all wrong, I'm a bit of a noob lol

Should my attack be as low as 330 when my defense is so high though, especially as I'm a berserker?
Old 12-09-2004, 02:28 AM   #6
Grimve

What level are you, what is your Strength, and what is your Crushing skill? This information may help track down the problem.

I spot-checked the low- to mid-20s tanks in my guild and their attack scores were all substantially above 330.
Old 12-09-2004, 02:58 AM   #7
Tessi

Your attack rating is fine... mine, at level 20, is 330. Do please tell us what your slashing/crushing/piercing skills are at... that's where I assume your problem is.
Tessi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 04:56 AM   #8
SCORP

Okay cool, thanks for your help guys, all my stats are here

I can't find out the other stuff yet though as I can't play it for a couple of days (Campus Firewall).
Old 12-09-2004, 07:14 AM   #9
Ryutsu

Your STR could stand to be a little higher... maybe play around with your jewelry some... but I don't think that would cause such a dramatic miss rate, if it has anything to do with accuracy at all. Compared to Troll and Ogre Berserkers, your AGI is fairly high, and that's supposedly the stat tied to hit rate.Very interesting problem. Maybe you should get some parses?
Ryutsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 08:35 AM   #10
asteldian

Loremaster

Are they new weapons for you?  Are they attunable ones? If so check you have attuned them because if you havent you wont hit a thing no matter what your stats
asteldian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 01:53 PM   #11
Nuvi

hehe i was using a skullcrusher til level 28,changed to a feysteel military pick when i dinged,man i couldnt hit anything above green,had a hard time keeping aggro cause of that,had 2 chain taunt all the fight,after 1 hour ro so skill got maxed and i hardly had to use taunt after the initial anger,press,sunder,taunting blow combo each time.
Nuvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2004, 04:00 PM   #12
LordRayzor

Loremaster

Two things could cause it:

#1 You don't have enough skill in your chosen weapon type.

#2  You are fighting red mobs.  With maxed weapon skill I land about 10% of my hits on a red.

If it's a combination of both, you're severely screwed until you raise your weapon skill.  I have a difficult time soloing a green solo mob with 42/140 in Crushing.

-Rayz
LordRayzor is offline   Reply With Quote