EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-26-2012, 04:52 PM   #1
Knowitall

Loremaster

Mounts in the store listed as fabled...which for f2p is unsusable. But since they are available to buy can a f2p buy and still use em then? seems silly to offer them to f2p as well then when you buy you cant use?

Also...where can i pick up the mummy wrappings im seein players where?

thanks

Old 10-26-2012, 05:37 PM   #2
Mermut

Loremaster

I'm not sure about the station cash fabled mounts, but the in-game quested and in-game purchasable mounts are treasured, and can definately be used by bronze and silver accounts.

Old 10-26-2012, 05:45 PM   #3
Juggercap

Elder

I have absolutely no proof of this, so don't buy them on my comment...

...but I assume the idea is you buy the mount and use an unlocker to make it useable.

/cheers to SOE for double sale.

Run away! Run away!
Juggercap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:06 PM   #4
Cloudrat

Tester

Knowitall wrote:

Mounts in the store listed as fabled...which for f2p is unsusable. But since they are available to buy can a f2p buy and still use em then? seems silly to offer them to f2p as well then when you buy you cant use?

Also...where can i pick up the mummy wrappings im seein players where?

thanks

The mummy wraps reward are from quest Survive the Night given by shaman at the end of beach in Nek after you have done the Hedge maze one.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:46 PM   #5
hexalobular

Lord

Mermut wrote:

I'm not sure about the station cash fabled mounts, but the in-game quested and in-game purchasable mounts are treasured, and can definately be used by bronze and silver accounts.

Not so fast!

Some are and some aren't.

The Frostfell, and Nights of the Dead, clouds are Fabled. And I can verify that the SC unlockers work on the Frostfell one.

The Rilissian Soldier's Rhino (quested) and the Seeker's Disc of Darktruth (bought with plat) are also Fabled.

hexalobular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:48 PM   #6
bucketon

Loremaster

you dont equip mounts though, i know ftp users can use fabled bags without unlockers. I would guess fabled mounts are also useable without an unlocker, but thats just an educated guess i've never tried myself.

bucketon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:49 PM   #7
Terrogaunt

Developer

If something comes from the marketplace, it shouldn't need to be unlocked. Do you have an item in particular in your bags that you're looking at or are you referring to items as they're still in the marketplace window?

Terrogaunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 06:52 PM   #8
Tineren

Seer

Three answers (which all lead to the same result):

1.  Everything you buy from the SC market or claim from LoN comes with the unlocked flag.

2.  While free and silver players cannot equip legendary or higher items in their normal character slots, there is no restriction on the mount tab.

3.  Free players can use the effects any clickable items that are not attuneable (you must equip an attuneable item before you can click it) because the only restrictions are on scribing and equiping.  Similarly, free players can use legendary and fabled adornments, bags, or house items without restriction.

Tineren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:10 PM   #9
Juggercap

Elder

Sorry for my incorrect assumption. Thanks all for the correction. I still hate SC.

Run away! Run away!
Juggercap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:59 PM   #10
Knowitall

Loremaster

Thanks for the replies all SMILEY i got my mummy wraps but i wanted the cloak...but it dont seem to be repreatable. Is it once a year or a day or something?

Old 10-26-2012, 09:09 PM   #11
Merodos

Journeyman

Let's say you buy a flying mount with SC from the SC store, do you need the Velious expansion or above (or anything from said expansions) to fly with them?

Merodos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 11:09 PM   #12
Maroger

Loremaster

Merodos wrote:

Let's say you buy a flying mount with SC from the SC store, do you need the Velious expansion or above (or anything from said expansions) to fly with them?

You have to be level 85 and have the Velious expansion.

Maroger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:38 PM   #13
Alenna
Server: Guk
Guild: Defenders of the Light

Loremaster

Knowitall wrote:

Thanks for the replies all i got my mummy wraps but i wanted the cloak...but it dont seem to be repreatable. Is it once a year or a day or something?

Once a year.

Old 10-27-2012, 04:18 PM   #14
hexalobular

Lord

Terrogaunt wrote:

If something comes from the marketplace, it shouldn't need to be unlocked. Do you have an item in particular in your bags that you're looking at or are you referring to items as they're still in the marketplace window?

I hadn't realized that there was a difference between choosing "equip" on a mount from inventory vs in the mount window. Or that mounts could be used from inventory. So I guess I wasted the unlocker I used on the Frostfell cloud.

Old 10-27-2012, 04:24 PM   #15
hexalobular

Lord

Knowitall wrote:

Thanks for the replies all i got my mummy wraps but i wanted the cloak...

You can still get the cloak for an alt.

Though, in hindsight, since the wraps are hierloom, what you (and I) should have done is to have gotten the cloak on our mains and the wraps on an alt.