EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-07-2010, 01:23 PM   #1
Minnie

Loremaster

Hi guys. As an attendee of Dragoncon 2010 I just wanted to thank the people from SOE who came out to do the panel Q and A's with us. I'd also like to kick those two guys Saturday @ the 5:30 panel who wouldn't stop QQing about class balance! I did not pay 100 bucks for a ticket to hear you guys moan, groan, and vent! A lot of us had actual questions to ask about the upcoming expansion, or any significant upcoming changes to the game, and we were not given much time to ask our questions. I myself had to leave a few minutes early from the panel in order to make it to have dinner with my aunt who lives in Atlanta.  Yeah I'm the blonde swashbuckler that sat in the back. /glares at you and taps her boot

Ok enough of my own QQing lol. I did get to ask a couple of questions. 1. Velious will be released in two parts. 2.No they aren't sure how far apart, and 3. no we won't have to pay for both parts separately. 

Some questions that I didn't get to ask:

1. Will SOE ever consider allowing us to master more than one principal tradeskill (not including transmuting, or tinkering)

I saw that the Coldain Prayer Shawl will be making a reappearance, and wondered how that was possible given the prayer shawl of old required mastering all of the tradeskills from Eq1. So that was the basis for that question. 

2. Will the dungeons in Velious be contested like Velious of old?

3. Will any of the dungeons ( or parts of dungeons) be soloable or duoable like the dungeons of old eq?

4. Will armor dye (which first came out with Luclin in eq1) ever make a come back?

5. Will our mounts ever be able to carry items for us?? You know like a pack mule carries things? 

6. When Velious came out for eq1 it had new hairstyles and appearances for avatars. I know that Eq2 already has an alternate appearance, but many people don't like it. Will they ever be adding new hairstyles to the old appearance style? Similar to what they did with the gnomes during Tinkerfest last year. I believe they added piggy tails, and a gear comb. Hey I'm a girl I had to ask lol. 

7. Any news yet on the Nights of the Dead ETA on Test Server? ( I know I already asked but I figured maybe you guys had gotten an update.) LOL

I also wanted to say that Amyrs and Brasse; your costumes were fabulous! Especially the dwarf! I was in awe! I am including a picture of her here. She did a fine Irish brogue too! Thank you guys for coming out for us, and please know that some of us understand how much time and effort goes into keeping us happy, and we are appreciative! Sending love vibes your way. =) Alishia, Lake Butler Florida AKA: Mortisha A'Damz Permafrost

The SOE Reps at Dragoncon 2010

Me as a half elf swashie

" />

Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:30 PM   #2
Minnie

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

sorry I meant to hit edit and hit quote lol. Oh look! I answered myself (facepalm)

Old 09-07-2010, 01:35 PM   #3
Gungo

Loremaster

Brasse is the dwarf.

Gungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 01:38 PM   #4
Minnie

Loremaster

Thanks!!! I couldn't for the life of me remember. =)

Old 09-07-2010, 01:55 PM   #5
Shareana

Lead Volunteer Moderator

I am soo jealous!!!!  I couldn't go to either one and it saddens me.  Looks like it was a good time though!

Shareana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:26 PM   #6
Tyrus Dracofire

Loremaster

/joking

wow, no one toss the shoes?

/off

sound like fun, not everyone get chance with thier own QQ get responds they want.

sorry about having someone kinda rude and getting most attentions than others. i know how you feel.

Tyrus Dracofire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 02:51 PM   #7
Minnie

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

/joking

wow, no one toss the shoes?

/off

sound like fun, not everyone get chance with thier own QQ get responds they want.

sorry about having someone kinda rude and getting most attentions than others. i know how you feel.

ROFL no but my husband did say under his breath "Someone needs to go play Monopoly instead" which got a lot of laughs from the row behind us! giggles

The Con was tons of fun! Very crowded though about 75-80 thousand people came for it. Tons of panels from our favorite MMO's, and television shows, and the people watching was spectacular!  Lots of parties, and general joviality lol. Oh and Tarzan backed up to a glass balcony at the Mariott without anything on under his loin cloth! He was buff! Dude there was an entire line of women under him staring in appreciation LOL! And I was one of them!  Oh here are a couple of more pics from the con for everyone. =) 

Pictures of me with several people in costume: