EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-13-2015, 07:23 AM   #211
Sigrdrifa

Quest: Lore and Legend: Cepholex is level 80 instead of level 100. Is that intentional?
Old 11-13-2015, 04:47 PM   #212
Chrol

Developer

Very strange that you'd receive those failure messages after already completing those quests. And the time you received them doesn't add up. I'll take a look at them.

I'll also see about editing the messaging on Swimming For Shrooms so it's easier to keep track of how many you collected. The quest is different than Seagull Slaying and The Great Truffle Hunt in that it has two steps within one part, whereas the latter two have just one step for each (kill seagulls and collect truffles, respectively).
Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 05:11 PM   #213
Kaitheel

Developer

Nope! Thank you.

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 05:13 PM   #214
Kaitheel

Developer

No, there is not. Thank you for your diligence though!

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-13-2015, 05:21 PM   #215
Mogrim

Kaitheel - for those who want to be Diligent on that specific quest, could you have some sort of title fun for those who DO decide to pound their head into the wall? Tongue
Mogrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 05:22 PM   #216
Kaitheel

Developer

Not for Beta.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-13-2015, 05:23 PM   #217
Xianthia

Are the lore and legend items like prior ones, drops from mobs? I've killed over 150 cepholex today and have not looted any L&L items. I've not looked at the slayer numbers for the rest of the L&Ls that Sigrdrifa has listed, but I've not looted any for them either.
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 05:28 PM   #218
Sigrdrifa

So far, I have found cephoplex, fathomlurker, and poxfiend L&L parts. The extras I have gotten are on the broker for 10c. (Seriously, what is it with the silly people charging thousands of plat for ANYTHING on Beta?)

Aberrant and immolated might also have L&L, I haven't killed enough yet since the L&L bits started dropping to know. The "Slayer" achievements are for sentient races, though, and aren't necessarily a guide to what gets L&L collections.
Old 11-13-2015, 05:32 PM   #219
Xianthia

Hmm they seem to be ultra rare drops to you? I've been in beta since day one and only after your post did I actually know there were any new L&Ls Tongue

Maybe they only started dropping recently? So far, drop rate seems abysmal. Off I go to slaughter stuffs! Smile
Old 11-13-2015, 05:41 PM   #220
Kaitheel

Developer

Correct. They started dropping on Beta yesterday.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-13-2015, 05:44 PM   #221
Xianthia

Ok, thanks! phew, was already "stressing" about drop rates TongueTongue
Old 11-13-2015, 06:19 PM   #222
Chrol

Developer

Swimming For Shrooms update - Quest will apply a spell called "An Eye For Mushrooms" which tracks the number of mushroom caps you have in your inventory (displayed in increments). It also grants fish vision so hopefully the mushroom caps will be a bit more visible underwater. The spell will display in your detrimental spell effects window.
Old 11-14-2015, 02:50 AM   #223
Sigrdrifa

I tried the quest Crate Courier on a new toon, and died. I decided to stop at that point and get dinner, camped to desktop, etc. When I came back, some while later, this is what's now showing:

[IMG]
Old 11-14-2015, 04:02 AM   #224
Sigrdrifa

I really wish there was some way to negotiate a mutually beneficial treaty between the Ironblood Myconids and the Maldurans.
Old 11-14-2015, 06:16 AM   #225
Kaitheel

Developer

"As chief negotiator, I speak for all of Maldura when I mourn the regrettable loss of the Myconid young. We share your pain. [He reaches into a box and eats an Ironblood mushroom.] Mmm. [chewing] If we could undo the damage-- [He eats some more.] These would be great with quack-a-mole."
"Stop eating our young! And it's pronounced guacamole!"
Old 11-14-2015, 06:50 AM   #226
Chrol

Developer

Kaitheel's been drinking.
Old 11-14-2015, 06:55 AM   #227
Kuulei

EekRoll EyesBigGrin
mead and mushrooms go so well together...
Kuulei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 07:14 AM   #228
Sigrdrifa

Quest: Swimming for Shrooms.The increments do show the number of shrooms, and having the water cleared up helped with visibility. However, the displayed text shown below needs to be tweaked.... we're conditioned to expect (0/10) to be an incrementing count. I'd suggest:
"Collect 10 mushrooms from The Silent Deep before they dissolve, then return them to the empty cart."

[IMG]

I'm doing this round of quests on my paladin, and she flat doesn't have enough DPS to get the shrooms collected due to having to fight the pop-up shrooms. I bet one of my conjy clones could manage now. Would you consider adding 60 seconds to the timer and making it 5 minutes instead of 4?
Old 11-14-2015, 07:28 AM   #229
Sigrdrifa

I dunno. I some days think Swift's ideas of eating some babies would be beneficial to us as a race. That 2 year old hanging on her mother's arm throwing the whing-ding tantrum in the grocery store line, she'd make a great roast, I just know it.

Are the myconid sentient very young? I mean, Verna had me over there kicking over shrooms gone bad. I don't really believe they're sentient until they start walking around. Maybe Maldura could trade composted waste from the water treatment plant for culled, unpromising sprouts?

And I want mine deep fried, with remolaude.
Old 11-14-2015, 09:03 AM   #230
Sigrdrifa

Doing Verna Amanita's quests at the Abandoned Fungus Farm is a lot different on my paladin that it was on my three run-throughs on my triply-copied conjy. I did the whole set of repeat quests.

The cepholex numbers seem pretty good, I was competing with at least three other people/groups for them and I got through the 10 Still Thin Around the Gills repeats with no real delays. The Lore and Legend: Cepholex drops seemed a bit low: I killed 66 or so for the questline, plus the ones I blundered into, so maybe 80? I have all but the tail, and only one extra piece beyond the ones I consumed.

The numbers of rancid spores for Still a Fun Guy are perfect. I always had enough to progress at a good clip through the quests.

More Briny Shell Smell was a problem. On the conjy, I could just go out with my pet and merc and blow the umbrine terrors away. Not so much on my paladin. I was getting slaughtered by blundering into schools of young deep rippers (typo confirmed fixed there!). The umbrine terrors were being snatched up by high-DPS types, and it was taking me forever to kill them (okay, I checked my logs, I was averaging 60 seconds per umbrine terror). I suspect that a few more of the umbrine ripper would be helpful, or maybe have them be just 103 instead of 103^? Or mix in a few groups of three linked non-heroic 103s?

For More Spore Sport, I think there may need to be either more spores or a faster repop rate. Tonight I'm competing with a couple of groups for these, and here just seem to be slightly too few. I need 8 for each repetition, so 80 just for me, over the course of ten trips.

Even Oozier Food is satisfied by a giant bay full of oozes.
Old 11-14-2015, 02:26 PM   #231
Elowith

Poxfiend L&L - the quest wants you to study poxfiend fangs; I have over a dozen looted that are not marked L&L components. If there are two types of fangs, perhaps one should be renamed.
Elowith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 05:17 PM   #232
Sigrdrifa

It's confusing, because there are collections of bodyparts acquired via fishing that have similar names.
Old 11-15-2015, 03:44 AM   #233
Kaitheel

Developer

I've submitted a fix to resolve that confusion. The poxfiend L&L item will now be a horn, instead of a fang.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-15-2015, 09:30 AM   #234
woolfman3000

ok i completed the sig quest the 27 overland quests and the 11 quests inside maldura got the box on the screen saying i had got the beta reward,went to live as before on other char and no reward in claim sent petition in waited 3 days for any update nothing so logged back onto beta found a quest had disappeared from my quest journal defensive measures which was also part of the sigline so had done before,went and picked up again and completed, still no sign of beta reward on live
Old 11-15-2015, 10:30 AM   #235
Kuulei

There is only a beta reward you can /claim on live (beta tab NOT veteran or other tabs) for completing the Malduran (11) and Thalumbra (27). There is nothing to claim on live for the signature line. Also are you claiming the reward on the same account?
Kuulei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2015, 03:47 PM   #236
woolfman3000

yes i am claiming on same account different toon though as everyone else who has done on multiple toons same account has got the beta reward each toon
Old 11-15-2015, 04:59 PM   #237
Chillispike

Quest:Fury Road
I was in a group and i started attacking the fury and talked him him, then my channeler did the same thing. Only thing i nocited was that i saw 3 Fury's at the same time. 2 on the floor and 1 standing and all 3 with a quest update flag above there head.
Old 11-15-2015, 07:29 PM   #238
Sigrdrifa

Quest: Rite of Growth. The ooyogs are non-aggro and not attackable. Plus they're browsing leaves in the trees. This is blocking progress on this quest.

EDIT: This ooyog is at (-449.81, 216.22, 331.02), another's at (-433.62, 201.77, 249.53), with two more in the pond at (-483.23, 186.16, 75.42). I just spotted an aggro one in the Stygian Threshold area, and I've found more in Luminous Peaks.

[IMG]
Old 11-16-2015, 01:23 AM   #239
Sigrdrifa

Quest: Maldura Hath a Fury. I am able to pick up ore gorgelets from other people slaying crag gorgers in Stoneheart Yards. Was this intended? I have 5/12 so far and haven't killed one gorger myself.
Old 11-16-2015, 12:53 PM   #240
Gelenor

1) Zou'Lidelas faction, maxed to 50k and despite being told by Zou'Lidelas npc's like Lamari that "I heard the news! You found Tylwyth Alwenielle!" Tylwyth is not appearing in her hut. So unlike the schroom faction, no follow-up quest(s) available.

2) Who is Priest/Priestess of Brell in the middle of map that you can track but cannot get to?

3) The "map" collection in Contested zone is not functioning as a collection, cannot scribe them.

Gelenor - VVV - Halls of Horrible Server Name.
Gelenor is offline   Reply With Quote