EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-22-2012, 12:29 PM   #1
griffon_lady

Loremaster

Ok. The internet is full of trolls and angry people most of the time, Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” right? Well League of Legends did something really cool to try and tone that down.  They started an honor clicky system for characters that are good players and/or good people (kind of like hitting "like" on something on facebook) and in the first week of the honor system results were -

Negative Attitude reports: -29% in normals and -11% in ranked

Offensive Language reports: -35% in normals and -20% in ranked

Verbal Abuse reports: -41% in normals -17% in ranked

a)this would be less work for CS

b) It would make the community better by having sort of the competitive attitude trained toward getting honor badges for being NICE!!!!

I'm guessing the morale both in game and on the business side of things would do a lot better. (With out continuing the beatings till morale improves!)

Could do this in game on the persona window, have achievements for numbers of honor badges, maybe show it in parentheses on the /who function, possibly on forums as well, maybe connect the two and show the ranking next to avatars here too? I dunno. But it seems to be working really well in League of Legends. ^­_^ And lets face it, we need a boost. : Almost nothing but fighting and trolling in between guild recruitment messages in any channel in game that has any chat at all.

griffon_lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 01:50 PM   #2
Shotneedle

Loremaster

griffon_lady wrote:

Ok. The internet is full of trolls and angry people most of the time, Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” right? Well League of Legends did something really cool to try and tone that down.  They started an honor clicky system for characters that are good players and/or good people (kind of like hitting "like" on something on facebook) and in the first week of the honor system results were -

b) It would make the community better by having sort of the competitive attitude trained toward getting honor badges for being NICE!!!!

I'm guessing the morale both in game and on the business side of things would do a lot better. (With out continuing the beatings till morale improves!)

Could do this in game on the persona window, have achievements for numbers of honor badges, maybe show it in parentheses on the /who function, possibly on forums as well, maybe connect the two and show the ranking next to avatars here too? I dunno. But it seems to be working really well in League of Legends. ^­_^ And lets face it, we need a boost. : Almost nothing but fighting and trolling in between guild recruitment messages in any channel in game that has any chat at all.

Two problems.

One, there wouldn't be any competition to get honor badges unless there were some sort of reward other than just saying HEY LOOK AT ALL THESE BADGES, and if there were it would be exploited relatively quickly.

Two, at least on ab, the people fighting/trolling between guild recruitment messages are either good enough that they don't need 'honor badges' or just don't care in the first place.

Also, 1.5, I feel servers have gotten small enough that it's mostly everyone knows everyone, other than a few reclusive crafters. I don't think seeing Buffratx (1000 honor badges) would change anyone's opinion of me on AB.

Buffrat - 92 Troubador - AB

Arbitrat - 92 Berserker - AB

Guarddog - 92 Warden - AB
Shotneedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 05:53 PM   #3
Middleone

Hero

griffon_lady wrote:

Quick story: we were looking for a tank to run Cella for the Epic updates of 3 people, various guilds, we were just joining together to get it done.  A fairly famous tank on our server in all raid gear showed up and said something like "hey cool, would love to help out, the more people with epics the better."  He wiped the floor with the Queen and the Ectoguy and simply one shotted everything else there, was a quick 5 min work for him. 

Now he did that for absolutely no reward for himself, no reward of "likes" or anything like that.  Would I have been suspicious of his motives if he did the same thing and there was a like system?  No, probably not, bc I knew him before.  If there are rewards, then they should be rewards of convenience or decoration only.  House items, or summoning charms I would think, for starters.  Don't start into gear or you will ruin it by activating greed.

My 2c, good idea, I love it in principle.

Middleone is offline   Reply With Quote