EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Wizard
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-17-2005, 08:32 PM   #1
Kamuj

General

Don't roll a cleric and duo with a bard or assasin type.

Haven't made it to the high levels yet, but the cleric I rolled blows my wizard away. Its not even close to being close to close.

Anyhow, DON'T duo with a bard or assasin type class, you will rip through yellow and orange^^ mobs so fast with so little downtime that you might also shelve your wiz.

I was always a mage type in these games, but this cleric allows me to log in and get more fun out of my game time.

For you Kool-aid drinkers who are going to respond that its just a matter of knowing your class blah blah blah, your wrong.

For you players who just want to roleplay a wizard no matter how relatively weak/strong they might be. I respect your opinion, but I no longer share it.

BTW, I use the cleric HO's to nuke alot (you'll understand why I am not healing that much if you try it) and I was impressed with their effectiveness. I don't have the variety, but its really not a problem. I have a good solid nuke/HO combo that hasn't failed me yet.

Old 01-17-2005, 08:38 PM   #2
TiitanTa

What level were you playing and where?
TiitanTa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 11:33 PM   #3
Kamuj

General

TiitanTank wrote:
What level were you playing and where?

26 BB,SH,TS

Anywhere actually.
Old 01-17-2005, 11:49 PM   #4
Kilferf 'U

Kamujin wrote:
Don't roll a cleric and duo with a bard or assasin type.

Haven't made it to the high levels yet, but the cleric I rolled blows my wizard away. Its not even close to being close to close.

Anyhow, DON'T duo with a bard or assasin type class, you will rip through yellow and orange^^ mobs so fast with so little downtime that you might also shelve your wiz.

I was always a mage type in these games, but this cleric allows me to log in and get more fun out of my game time.

For you Kool-aid drinkers who are going to respond that its just a matter of knowing your class blah blah blah, your wrong.

For you players who just want to roleplay a wizard no matter how relatively weak/strong they might be. I respect your opinion, but I no longer share it.

BTW, I use the cleric HO's to nuke alot (you'll understand why I am not healing that much if you try it) and I was impressed with their effectiveness. I don't have the variety, but its really not a problem. I have a good solid nuke/HO combo that hasn't failed me yet.

You got a problem with Kool-Aid, man? :smileymad:

|______|Freehold
Kilferf 'U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 02:49 AM   #5
Kamuj

General

Only poison Kool-Aid
Old 01-18-2005, 03:04 AM   #6
Kilferf 'U

Very well then, carry on.

/bow

|______|Freehold
Kilferf 'U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2005, 04:10 AM   #7
Wurm

Loremaster

And don't roll a Crusader/Paladin either... Made me retire my mage for the moment until they fix some things.
Old 01-25-2005, 09:17 AM   #8
rivj0r

Loremaster

Yeah, and on that note...Do not make a gnome bezerker / alchemist. Cos that would be infringing on my coolnessmark. (Like trademark, but without the law suits) Cos its so funny having a 3 foot tank that has more strength and a higher armor class than 90 percent of the people I see in the same class that the Wiz tends to stagnate.I've also got a Cleric on the way to templar. Also a crud load more fun than the wiz.The only thing Sony needs to do to make *me* happy is make the Wiz more fun. Fine take away the damage, fine take away the power and AC. But give them SOMETHING. Like perhaps: really REALLY cool clothes, or an extra dance that no other class has. Anything really. Cos otherwise I think I'll find a way to set my wiz on follow and use my wifes fury. At least the buffs are handy.
rivj0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 06:50 PM   #9
Geldin

Loremaster

I still play my wizard and I am still having alot of fun. Sure they screwed up our ae's but to be completly honest the only time our ae was good is when we were fighting groups that had no arrows at all. If they had any arrows we do not do enough dmg with the ae to be worth while. I had my ae at adept1 and before the nerf did about 120-140 on it. If we had two single ups grped or one single up and one double up grped then I never used the ae except the dot. I can take them down faster with my dd's.
Geldin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2005, 10:26 PM   #10
Megloman

Wish I'd seen this thread before, was really enjoying my wizard, then rolled a cleric as a fun alt and was completely blown away.

Ignorance is bliss SMILEY
Megloman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 06:50 AM   #11
PhaLy

General

Uhh, I dont get it?!how can either nuking as a cleric(HO'ing) or Healing, be more fun than nuking, DoTing, and sometimes gettin hit twice and being crippled on the floor?Ive got a scout rolled, that class seems like a blast with all their 'tricks'.
PhaLy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2005, 07:08 PM   #12
Megloman

It's not to do with just the nukes, it the whole "easiness factor". Most non Wizard classes can be very lazy, not upgrading their spells constantly, walking around with poor con armour etc and get away with it without a problem in most encounters, a wiz really need to have all orange gear and at least app 4 (really adept 1 and 3 in the nukes) to compete.

I'm still hooked on the big numbers though, at least most of the kids playing still think were pretty good.........

Message Edited by Meglomania on 01-28-2005 06:10 AM

Old 02-07-2005, 09:41 AM   #13
Fli

And dont even think of making a post that is such a statement of the obvious.Any healer type duo will be a great choice, but there is nothing, absolutely NOTHING in EQ2 that beats 5 wizards and one cleric for a group. Nothing. Period.
Fli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 05:36 PM   #14
Megloman

Flipt wrote:
And dont even think of making a post that is such a statement of the obvious.

Any healer type duo will be a great choice, but there is nothing, absolutely NOTHING in EQ2 that beats 5 wizards and one cleric for a group. Nothing. Period.

I disagree. With the fact that Dot's from wizards dont stack there are clearly a lot better alternatives at the moment. Higher level just go zerker as there DPS is higher anyway, and lower level a good mix of mage classes would be a far better combination than this one, unless they are being run on auto assist with no brains behind the mouse SMILEY
Old 02-07-2005, 07:37 PM   #15
Kamuj

General

Flipt wrote:
And dont even think of making a post that is such a statement of the obvious.

Any healer type duo will be a great choice, but there is nothing, absolutely NOTHING in EQ2 that beats 5 wizards and one cleric for a group. Nothing. Period.

From level 20-30 this is ARGUEABLY true. Sorry, but even with high DPS, your still a few resists or a healer agro from a whipe. Unless your hunting blue mobs.

From 1-20 and 30+ this is a false statement. Period.

Old 02-07-2005, 10:12 PM   #16
Fli

Come again?http://eq2players.station.sony.com/en/player_swrankings_detailed.vm?action=CharacterAgg. getByRankSwide&rank=npcKillsRankSwide&type=MostNPCKills
Fli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 10:23 PM   #17
Kamuj

General

Welcome to 2004. Lemme know when you realize that the AE timers were nerfed and join us in 2005.
Old 02-08-2005, 09:27 AM   #18
DannyKw

what is your idea about it? most npc dont means anything man. EQ1 also have non tank group kill ( 3 wiz 2 enc 1 cle )

DannyKw is offline   Reply With Quote