EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Warlock
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-12-2007, 12:28 AM   #1
N2de

General

Dev's it's obvious you have no idea how to ballance class. I have played my warlock for a few years...through good and bad (mostly bad). The has been no devlopmental attention payed to this class, aside from taking the only good things the class has to offer (first un-breakable group root, now Rift). Warlocks have NO utility, Wizzys have Evac, Conj's have CoH, Necro's have FD...explain this you idiots! Not to mention aftershock, compare that to manaburn or lifeburn and explain the logic. There is no class/spell/equipment that will allow the warlock to be played properly, de-hate gear is a joke and warlocks require a group tailored for there aggro needs to raid...grouping is just a joke with the exception of a pally for a tank.  Really, was this class a mistake, do just not know what to do with warlocks?  I'm personaly at the end of my rope with the class/game.  I have worked my butt off getting my warlock to the top of his game 100AA / 50-70 Mastered / 90% Fabled and yet another un-needed slap to the face of the class.  Whats next?  Why not have all warlock speels require Nil Crystals for all of spells?  Seriously, how can you justify the change in Rift?  Show me one instance in the game where gravity flux damage is assigned to the mob that fluxed... the whole idea behind the spell is NO aggro...the damage comes from falling...idiots!

bahh... I'm not going to waste anymore of my time or money on you idiots. /cancle account ... move on. SMILEY

N2de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 01:29 AM   #2
Korpo

Loremaster

Don't let the door hit you.
Old 06-12-2007, 01:58 AM   #3
Ponos

Loremaster

On the way out.
Old 06-12-2007, 02:41 AM   #4
Pilgrim Divine

Loremaster

Things are very different things at a tolkien based competitor. They give feedback, info, offer discussion etc etc. The difference is staggering.
Pilgrim Divine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 02:47 AM   #5
Ponos

Loremaster

Are you [Removed for Content] LOTR on the EQ2 street corner?

Don't be that guy.  Seriously.

Old 06-12-2007, 02:58 AM   #6
Pilgrim Divine

Loremaster

oh dont get me wrong, ive been loyal to EQ2 since launch, but this really takes the biscuit. if the OP wants a new home, im just recommending one. This was a serious slap in the face to all paying customers who play warlocks and just got shafted. Its gamebreaking.....and the way it was so sneakily done just speaks volumes about SoE and their understanding of how to treat paying customers. however, i guess your right, ill amend my other post and remove the link and make it less *brazen*
Pilgrim Divine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 06:49 AM   #7
Deathspell

Loremaster

I think the OP has some sort of a point tho. The majority of the changes done to the warlock class caused more "booh!" in stead of "wow!" reactions among the players. That's a fact I think nobody can deny, unless you just started playing warlock and skipped the process of changes. I haven't seen this much ever-ongoing malcontent in other class-forums. Now, some people say the Warlock class is "more difficult", "more challenging", etc... but i don't think this is competely true and I think it may be even a way to ignore the status of warlock-class in the game. If you ask me if I like playing warlock class then I answer "Yes",  but don't ask me if I think the class is balanced in-game or "more interesting" compared to other classes in anyway coz that answer is a big fat "NO". SMILEY
Deathspell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:01 AM   #8
Ruut Li

Loremaster

This forum has been like this for as long as I can remember. Complainers are hushed down by those few lucky enough to play in high end environments with absolutely perfect group set-ups. They like to, and even probably feel a great need to, feel unique and special in a game and are therefore terrified that our class would be balanced. Hence the total lack of tolerance for complaints. They need to play a "challenging" unbalanced class.
Ruut Li is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 07:18 AM   #9
Ponos

Loremaster

It's not the complaint.  It's the delivery.  The guy went off on some angry tirade, slinging insults.

His mamma should've taught him that you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.

I feel for the warlocks.

Old 06-12-2007, 07:44 AM   #10
N2de

General

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

It's not the complaint.  It's the delivery.  The guy went off on some angry tirade, slinging insults.

His mamma should've taught him that you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar.

I feel for the warlocks.

It's time for someone to deliver insults, how log do paying customers have to put-up with getting the shaft. Seriously, what are they thinking?

As for people adding their useless comments (Korpo, Ponos), customers like you are a major part of the problems with these discussion boards/game. When someone has a totaly valid complaint, insted of backing them or simply disagreeing...you post a flame or something useless.  If customers backed one another, SOE just might listen...but the warlock boards have long sence been devided in this way and likely will stay this way.  It's too bad you'd rather bash each other than possibly get something done to help the class. 

Old 06-12-2007, 08:03 AM   #11
N2de

General

Ruut Li wrote:
This forum has been like this for as long as I can remember. Complainers are hushed down by those few lucky enough to play in high end environments with absolutely perfect group set-ups. They like to, and even probably feel a great need to, feel unique and special in a game and are therefore terrified that our class would be balanced. Hence the total lack of tolerance for complaints. They need to play a "challenging" unbalanced class.
Thanks Ruut, your likely right.
Old 06-12-2007, 08:19 AM   #12
Deathspell

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

I feel for the warlocks.     

well, you can keep your honey and flies, hehe, and although I think complaints should be brought in a polite way, they definately shouldn't be sugarcoated either. After all, all this malcontent from people is the product of what the dev's created with the warlock class.
Deathspell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2007, 08:36 AM   #13
StarryEyedElf

Somehow, you calling the devs idiots doesn't seem like something that is going to keep this thread open. If you want people to listen to you seriously, INCLUDING THE DEVELOPERS, you need to post constructively. Thread closed.