EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-01-2012, 02:58 PM   #1
gds

Loremaster
gds's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 73
Default

My Rant!

I've noticed the same botter harvestier in Sundered Frontier for the past two days.  He's using a bot program that moves him from node to node and it's a very simple route of 15 or so nodes.  Yet I've petitioned twice (Yesterday and Today) on this player and in both cases the response came back right away that it has been taken care of.  Yet the toon is still running around the same route to the same node spots (regardless if there is a node there or not).  It's like I've been brushed off for reporting a botter by the GMs or they just don't care.  Is this saying that botting is now allowed (or tolerated) in the game then?  What's the use of reporting botters then?

Another strange thing is the player is using level 90 toons that are stipped of their adventure gear but with some junky appearance gear.  Appears like the account was hacked and items sold off.

Calamoor...

gds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:09 PM   #2
Lempo

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 2,179
Default

or maybe it is a F2P account and obviously not going to pay for unlockers?

They will not discuss action taken with you.

They will respond and investigate these reports, generally a tell is sent and some time to respond is given, I have witnessed action being taken on someone before, and saw the GM come into the zone hailing the guy running around him and jumping, probably to ensure that he didn't simply miss the tells, a few minutes later... 'poof' the offender disappeared.

__________________
All actions have consequences and repercussions.



Somewhere in Norrath a guild is about to dissolve.
Lempo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:17 PM   #3
Yimway

Loremaster
Yimway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,707
Default

[email protected] wrote:

They will respond and investigate these reports, generally a tell is sent and some time to respond is given, I have witnessed action being taken on someone before, and saw the GM come into the zone hailing the guy running around him and jumping, probably to ensure that he didn't simply miss the tells, a few minutes later... 'poof' the offender disappeared.

Personally I make a habit of ignoring the GM staff.  If this was his method of contacting me, I guess I'd get a ban SMILEY

And not to dispell myths, but most GM's look at logs first then observe the offender using a gm invis, they generally don't even contact them until they've decided to take action.

But, in truth, who cares if some harvest bot is using 15 nodes in SF?  Just means SF raws will be cheaper for me on the broker, thanks bot!

__________________
Yimway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 03:30 PM   #4
Rendoir

Loremaster
Rendoir's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 212
Default

They've always been pretty slack about fixing botters.

I loved it on swtor when I was in a high level zone and saw a new level character farming a lock box with a macroed program. A CS guy popped up sent me a tell, told me 'come look at this' and ported the level 14 guy into the middle of a bunch of level 50 agro.

Rendoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:10 AM   #5
The_Cheeseman

Loremaster
The_Cheeseman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,285
Default

Not sure what you were expecting from the GM staff. What you did was basically like calling the cops on some guy on the street corner for selling bootleg DVDs. Sure, it's illegal and you did the right thing, but most people wouldn't consider it a particularly noble or heroic act. When you see a botter, report them and then move on with your life. Whatever punishment they receive really isn't your business, anyway.

__________________
The_Cheeseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 01:49 AM   #6
Te'ana

Tester
Te'ana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,807
Default

I am not a botter.

However, once I find a pattern for harvesting I will run my route over and over until I am tired. So perhaps you are finding me since  I always strip my harvester toon to his undies because I don't want to pay for repairs.

Te'ana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 03:41 AM   #7
Gladiolus

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 873
Default

What's the obsession with bots and why would you care if someone used one? I was on the Freeport server not long ago, getting lost in some ruins where I'd been sent to find some stupid woman who keeps wandering off. I stopped to go get a cup of tea and when I came back and started searching again, someone whispered asking if I was a bot. I just replied "Beep!" and he said he was going to report me. I've no idea whether he did or what became of it or why he'd report me. I'd really rather not have the GMs bothered with that, so they can respond to real tickets a bit more quickly.

Gladiolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 08:10 AM   #8
Caethre

Loremaster
Caethre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,167
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Personally I make a habit of ignoring the GM staff.  If this was his method of contacting me, I guess I'd get a ban

(( Ignoring GM staff when they contact you is a poor decision if you value your game access.

If I were a GM and investigating a player for breach of the EULA, and they just ignored me, I'd summon them to CSHOME1 or whatever they call it now, and hold them there until they did choose to respond, or simply make an assessment of what they have done without speaking to them if they chose not to respond, which might be a suspension or ban depending on whatever it was.

Quite apart from that, deliberately ignoring them for doing their job is incredibly impolite. Personally, I would never deliberately ignore a GM. ))

Gladiolus wrote:

What's the obsession with bots and why would you care if someone used one? ...

I'd really rather not have the GMs bothered with that, so they can respond to real tickets a bit more quickly.

(( The "obsession" is that botters, gold farmers, scammers and all these sorts are just the games "scum", and some of us would prefer they were actively targetted, warned, suspended and then banned. Many of us do not want them around. I have reported and petitioned hundreds of gold sellers in my time, and consider the game world a better place for there then being less of them around.

So whilst you may not feel it is a good use of GM time, not all players agree with you.

Opinions vary. ))

__________________
Countess Felishanna Silorielenwe [92/320 Templar|92 Sage](Koada`Dal)

Lady Lorianna Ardinwena [92/320 Monk|92 Carpenter](Koada`Dal)

Lady Suzanna Narinyaare [92/320 Conjuror|92 Woodworker](Koada`Dal)

Lady Annaelisa Lorinfinlinde [92/320 Fury|92 Tailor](Koada`Dal)

Lady Silvianna [92/320 Illusionist|92 Jeweler](Koada`Dal)

Jennianna [92/320 Dirge|92 Weaponsmith](Koada`Dal)

Aurielle [92/320 Wizard|92 Alchemist](Koada`Dal)

Valerianna [92/320 Guardian|92 Armourer](Koada`Dal)

Sarahanna [92/320 Swashbuckler|92 Provisioner](Koada`Dal)

Katherianna [92/286 Beserker|92 Sage](Koada`Dal)

Guildleader of The True Path - A roleplay-based guild (level 77) on Antonia Bayle
Caethre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:38 AM   #9
Gladiolus

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 873
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

(( The "obsession" is that botters, gold farmers, scammers and all these sorts are just the games "scum", and some of us would prefer they were actively targetted, warned, suspended and then banned. Many of us do not want them around. I have reported and petitioned hundreds of gold sellers in my time, and consider the game world a better place for there then being less of them around.

So whilst you may not feel it is a good use of GM time, not all players agree with you.

Opinions vary. ))

Opinions do vary. The "scum" you describe have no more effect on the game than SOE itself selling in the cash shop. If you're going to go playing policeman and taking action against players, I'd rather it was done in connection with people who affect how others enjoy the game, like those who obstruct access to NPCs.

Gladiolus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 10:41 AM   #10
Raknid

Loremaster
Raknid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,421
Default

Gladiolus wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

(( The "obsession" is that botters, gold farmers, scammers and all these sorts are just the games "scum", and some of us would prefer they were actively targetted, warned, suspended and then banned. Many of us do not want them around. I have reported and petitioned hundreds of gold sellers in my time, and consider the game world a better place for there then being less of them around.

So whilst you may not feel it is a good use of GM time, not all players agree with you.

Opinions vary. ))

Opinions do vary. The "scum" you describe have no more effect on the game than SOE itself selling in the cash shop. If you're going to go playing policeman and taking action against players, I'd rather it was done in connection with people who affect how others enjoy the game, like those who obstruct access to NPCs.

So you think that people who have unattended harvest bots don't affect the game of those people who harvest legitmately? It has absolutely zero affect on the supply of goods? Is that really what you are saying?

Raknid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:13 AM   #11
Gaeablock

Journeyman
Gaeablock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 26
Default

The guy is obviously cruising through life without the benefit of a fully functioning brain, Rak.  Pat him on his back, hand him his grilled cheese, and send him on his way.

Yes, illicit activity definitely makes you scum.  It's like saying that people selling guns on the black market has no effect on anyone's life.  Just let them do it!  How's it hurting you? 

Gaeablock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:37 AM   #12
GussJr

Loremaster
GussJr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,061
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

My Rant!

I've noticed the same botter harvestier in Sundered Frontier for the past two days.  He's using a bot program that moves him from node to node and it's a very simple route of 15 or so nodes.  Yet I've petitioned twice (Yesterday and Today) on this player and in both cases the response came back right away that it has been taken care of.  Yet the toon is still running around the same route to the same node spots (regardless if there is a node there or not).  It's like I've been brushed off for reporting a botter by the GMs or they just don't care.  Is this saying that botting is now allowed (or tolerated) in the game then?  What's the use of reporting botters then?

Another strange thing is the player is using level 90 toons that are stipped of their adventure gear but with some junky appearance gear.  Appears like the account was hacked and items sold off.

Calamoor...

Sorry that happened to you Cal...I know, well, the exact area in SF your ref. to. If you're still seeing him running around the same spots, it might have been difficult for the GM to even tell if he was a botter or not...that area is a gold mind for many of us who profit from selling rares since the nodes re-pop so quickly - typically in the same spots.

I remember that ya'lls guild has strict rules on botting. Good luck! Sorry you're getting flamed for saying something.

__________________
Collametta, 91 HE Ranger, 90 Mstr Armorer

Siame, 90 K. Zerk, 90 Alchemist

Palayna, 34 Fae Monk, 90 Master Carpenter

Beastmastress, 90 WE BL, 31 Prov
GussJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:15 PM   #13
Koleg
Server: Unrest_old

Lord
Koleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 713
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Personally I make a habit of ignoring the GM staff.  If this was his method of contacting me, I guess I'd get a ban

(( Ignoring GM staff when they contact you is a poor decision if you value your game access.

If I were a GM and investigating a player for breach of the EULA, and they just ignored me, I'd summon them to CSHOME1 or whatever they call it now, and hold them there until they did choose to respond, or simply make an assessment of what they have done without speaking to them if they chose not to respond, which might be a suspension or ban depending on whatever it was.

Quite apart from that, deliberately ignoring them for doing their job is incredibly impolite. Personally, I would never deliberately ignore a GM.&nbspSMILEY)

He said he makes a habit out ignoring GM's, not that he ignores them when he's bot harvesting.  There is quite a big difference and part of the "habit" IS intended to be impolite.  Kind of like a protest where SOE ignores it customers, the protester has like recourse other than to ignore SOE. 

Gladiolus wrote:

What's the obsession with bots and why would you care if someone used one? ...

I'd really rather not have the GMs bothered with that, so they can respond to real tickets a bit more quickly.

(( The "obsession" is that botters, gold farmers, scammers and all these sorts are just the games "scum", and some of us would prefer they were actively targetted, warned, suspended and then banned. Many of us do not want them around. I have reported and petitioned hundreds of gold sellers in my time, and consider the game world a better place for there then being less of them around.

So whilst you may not feel it is a good use of GM time, not all players agree with you.

Opinions vary. ))

So, we can assume you are filing hundreds, if not thousands, of reports & petitions on people every day when RL Money is being exchanged for Plat or SC or Raid Loot via SLR?  Or Guild Recruiters are being reported for "spaming", becsue the list guild recruitment messages in 2 or 3 different channels you happen to be in.

red text

Koleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 05:18 PM   #14
Zorvan

Loremaster
Zorvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 28
Default

Gladiolus wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Opinions do vary. The "scum" you describe have no more effect on the game than SOE itself selling in the cash shop. If you're going to go playing policeman and taking action against players, I'd rather it was done in connection with people who affect how others enjoy the game, like those who obstruct access to NPCs.

[email protected]_old wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

So, we can assume you are filing hundreds, if not thousands, of reports & petitions on people every day when RL Money is being exchanged for Plat or SC or Raid Loot via SLR?  Or Guild Recruiters are being reported for "spaming", becsue the list guild recruitment messages in 2 or 3 different channels you happen to be in.

red text

Me thinks thou dost protest too much. How many bots are you scrubs running? That's the only reason you guys would be so upset about people reporting them.

Zorvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 06:48 PM   #15
Koleg
Server: Unrest_old

Lord
Koleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 713
Default

Zorvan wrote:

Gladiolus wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Opinions do vary. The "scum" you describe have no more effect on the game than SOE itself selling in the cash shop. If you're going to go playing policeman and taking action against players, I'd rather it was done in connection with people who affect how others enjoy the game, like those who obstruct access to NPCs.

[email protected]_old wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

So, we can assume you are filing hundreds, if not thousands, of reports & petitions on people every day when RL Money is being exchanged for Plat or SC or Raid Loot via SLR?  Or Guild Recruiters are being reported for "spaming", becsue the list guild recruitment messages in 2 or 3 different channels you happen to be in.

red text

Me thinks thou dost protest too much. How many bots are you scrubs running? That's the only reason you guys would be so upset about people reporting them.

No ... It's about whinners wasting GM's time when those GM should be camping out in UD to port raids down from the broken teleporter or fixing other things they could be if they didn't have to waste their time everytime Johnny got his harvest ripped.

Or about people picking & choosing which rules they will follow or which ones they will break.  This rant is about someone getting all upset because they want to get someone in trouble for doing something they feel is wrong, note I didn't say SOE feels is wrong.  Bot Harvetsing, AFK Molo leveling, SLR, Plat for RL-Cash, yada-yada you either follow all the rules or shutup about the other people than choose to bend/break them.

On top of all of that just because someone is /reported as a Bot doesn't mean they are botting in anyway and who does the OP think they are to be all upset because the GM didn't outline their disciplinary actions back to the OP.  Sounds Narcissistic to me.

Koleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 03:21 PM   #16
Yimway

Loremaster
Yimway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,707
Default

[email protected]_old wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Personally I make a habit of ignoring the GM staff.  If this was his method of contacting me, I guess I'd get a ban

(( Ignoring GM staff when they contact you is a poor decision if you value your game access.

If I were a GM and investigating a player for breach of the EULA, and they just ignored me, I'd summon them to CSHOME1 or whatever they call it now, and hold them there until they did choose to respond, or simply make an assessment of what they have done without speaking to them if they chose not to respond, which might be a suspension or ban depending on whatever it was.

Quite apart from that, deliberately ignoring them for doing their job is incredibly impolite. Personally, I would never deliberately ignore a GM. )

He said he makes a habit out ignoring GM's, not that he ignores them when he's bot harvesting.  There is quite a big difference and part of the "habit" IS intended to be impolite.  Kind of like a protest where SOE ignores it customers, the protester has like recourse other than to ignore SOE. 

red text

Cause most people flagged as GM, are just annoyances trying to RP me.

__________________
Yimway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 04:43 PM   #17
Gaeablock

Journeyman
Gaeablock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 26
Default

In the exact same direction the only people that would be upset about people reporting bots are people that use them.  *shrug* 

They're cheating.  As far as I'm concerned getting them banned is justice.  Perhaps they'll get pneumonia in reality too.  One can only hope.

Gaeablock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 07:05 PM   #18
Squeecha

Senior Guide
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 245
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Cause most people flagged as GM, are just annoyances trying to RP me.

Actually, most GM's aren't out there roleplaying. the ones commonly roleplaying are Guides, which ain't GM's.

__________________
Squeecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:26 PM   #19
The_Cheeseman

Loremaster
The_Cheeseman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 1,285
Default

Yeah, I have never seen a GM trying to roleplay. Heck, I can't recall ever actually SEEING a GM. Every time they've helped me with anything, they haven't even needed to contact me in-game, they just pop the item or whatever into my bags and close the ticket. I don't actually know what the GM client is like, but I am guessing they can handle most tickets without having to actually log an avatar into the game world.

You're thinking of guides, which are not actual SOE personnel, but volunteers.

__________________
The_Cheeseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:12 AM   #20
Starbuck1771

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 59
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

My Rant!

I've noticed the same botter harvestier in Sundered Frontier for the past two days.  He's using a bot program that moves him from node to node and it's a very simple route of 15 or so nodes.  Yet I've petitioned twice (Yesterday and Today) on this player and in both cases the response came back right away that it has been taken care of.  Yet the toon is still running around the same route to the same node spots (regardless if there is a node there or not).  It's like I've been brushed off for reporting a botter by the GMs or they just don't care.  Is this saying that botting is now allowed (or tolerated) in the game then?  What's the use of reporting botters then?

Another strange thing is the player is using level 90 toons that are stipped of their adventure gear but with some junky appearance gear.  Appears like the account was hacked and items sold off.

Calamoor...

Ok this is how it works with SOE & the GM's. Yes the EULA says 3rd party software (I.E. BOTS, & HACKS) are prohibited. However over the years SOE has been a little slack on the botters but have set new guidlines. Unless the persons farming is in some way blocking a quest specific mob they can farm all they want. SOE will just tell you to move to the next mob/node. their reason for this is that there are more important issues to deal with then someone farming nodes/mobs. Ask all the former SWG players. This is an issue thats been around for years.

also are you sure it's a bot and not a macro?

Starbuck1771 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:34 AM   #21
Caethre

Loremaster
Caethre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,167
Default

[email protected]_old wrote:

No ... It's about whinners wasting GM's time when those GM should be ...

Bot Harvetsing, AFK Molo leveling, SLR, Plat for RL-Cash, yada-yada you either follow all the rules or shutup about the other people than choose to bend/break them.

(( Catching and banning cheats, scammers, abusive players, stalkers and other vile individuals is not a waste of GM time, infact, I would say it was the single most important job a GM has, to help create the kind of community the rest of us will enjoy playing in.

But the quoted text above is the typical attitude of the apologist for all kinds of criminal, immoral and inappropriate behaviour, the world over. The fact that this is a game world and the rules are about virtual/online behaviour is not even the relevant point here, it would be the same situation in every walk of life. If you cheat or scam, and you end up getting reported/petitioned/banned/whatever ... blaming the person who reported you is just pathetic. The person to blame is yourself. Don't cheat, and you won't get suspended/banned.

Ultimately, all you are doing here, is coming to the forum, to "whine" about people you consider to be "whiners". ))

__________________
Countess Felishanna Silorielenwe [92/320 Templar|92 Sage](Koada`Dal)

Lady Lorianna Ardinwena [92/320 Monk|92 Carpenter](Koada`Dal)

Lady Suzanna Narinyaare [92/320 Conjuror|92 Woodworker](Koada`Dal)

Lady Annaelisa Lorinfinlinde [92/320 Fury|92 Tailor](Koada`Dal)

Lady Silvianna [92/320 Illusionist|92 Jeweler](Koada`Dal)

Jennianna [92/320 Dirge|92 Weaponsmith](Koada`Dal)

Aurielle [92/320 Wizard|92 Alchemist](Koada`Dal)

Valerianna [92/320 Guardian|92 Armourer](Koada`Dal)

Sarahanna [92/320 Swashbuckler|92 Provisioner](Koada`Dal)

Katherianna [92/286 Beserker|92 Sage](Koada`Dal)

Guildleader of The True Path - A roleplay-based guild (level 77) on Antonia Bayle
Caethre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 08:36 AM   #22
Caethre

Loremaster
Caethre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 1,167
Default

Gaeablock wrote:

In the exact same direction the only people that would be upset about people reporting bots are people that use them.  *shrug* 

They're cheating.  As far as I'm concerned getting them banned is justice.  Perhaps they'll get pneumonia in reality too.  One can only hope.

^^^ This. Exactly.

__________________
Countess Felishanna Silorielenwe [92/320 Templar|92 Sage](Koada`Dal)

Lady Lorianna Ardinwena [92/320 Monk|92 Carpenter](Koada`Dal)

Lady Suzanna Narinyaare [92/320 Conjuror|92 Woodworker](Koada`Dal)

Lady Annaelisa Lorinfinlinde [92/320 Fury|92 Tailor](Koada`Dal)

Lady Silvianna [92/320 Illusionist|92 Jeweler](Koada`Dal)

Jennianna [92/320 Dirge|92 Weaponsmith](Koada`Dal)

Aurielle [92/320 Wizard|92 Alchemist](Koada`Dal)

Valerianna [92/320 Guardian|92 Armourer](Koada`Dal)

Sarahanna [92/320 Swashbuckler|92 Provisioner](Koada`Dal)

Katherianna [92/286 Beserker|92 Sage](Koada`Dal)

Guildleader of The True Path - A roleplay-based guild (level 77) on Antonia Bayle
Caethre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 12:27 PM   #23
Yimway

Loremaster
Yimway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 9,707
Default

The_Cheeseman wrote:

Yeah, I have never seen a GM trying to roleplay. Heck, I can't recall ever actually SEEING a GM. Every time they've helped me with anything, they haven't even needed to contact me in-game, they just pop the item or whatever into my bags and close the ticket. I don't actually know what the GM client is like, but I am guessing they can handle most tickets without having to actually log an avatar into the game world.

You're thinking of guides, which are not actual SOE personnel, but volunteers.

They sometimes contact you back in game.  I've had them use a /say and be completely invisible.  It is insanely easy to miss something like this while grouping/raiding.

But I've also had them RP me more than anything else.  (and yes I know the difference between a guide and a GM)

__________________
Yimway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #24
arrkvin

Loremaster
arrkvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 26
Default

It is pretty clear after someone repeats the same action for 8 hours, 16 hours, 4 days that is a botter. What might have happened to you was they called called to do something else and got back to inspecting that situation later. Also to those saying its not right to report the botters need to have a refresher course in the difference between single player games and mmo's, not to mention they are off topic.

arrkvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:14 PM   #25
Naida

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 3
Default

Actually, if your more of a hard core crafter vs an adventurer, harvesting is fun.... So 8 or more hours is possible. I know some people that will spend days on end harvesting the favorite nodes to fill a harvest depot or even fill the sales crates then move on to something else. It takes 20k of each item to actually fill a guild depot and if you have an active crafting guild there are certain things that you need constantly. I have spent days to fill up on certain of the SF mats just because my guild is full of 80-90 crafters and we use up certain mats more then others. So my ponies run full time as do some of my guild mates and we take days where we have harvest contests. Like the week before a big status contest.

I am not saying the person is botting or not, I don't know. But there are legitimate crafters/harvesters out there that can get really focused. If the person is using software then give the GM's time to do their job. If it was an instant ban that would be bad... What if you get reported for doing something, and you are afk but didn't set a tag, you don't respond and they took immediate action? That would be a reason to rant as well.

As far as what a GM should be doing, all aspects of the game are important to players, some just have other priorities or don't recognize the problem when someone breaks a rule that should apply to all.

Safe hunting everyone SMILEY and good luck.

Naida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:18 AM   #26
onecrazysummer

Loremaster
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 19
Default

Welcome to my world.. i reported 3 botters that bot raid content on freeport and there still there in skyshrine botting away....

__________________
Bots of freeport warcrown,chozenn,maxmillon
onecrazysummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:32 AM   #27
yohann koldheart

Loremaster
yohann koldheart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: harrisburg,PA
Posts: 1,601
Default

onecrazysummer wrote:

Welcome to my world.. i reported 3 botters that bot raid content on freeport and there still there in skyshrine botting away....

multi boxing is different from botting, you dont know if they are botting .

botting = using a third party program to control the toons.

yohann koldheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 12:58 AM   #28
Haapy

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 230
Default

onecrazysummer wrote:

Welcome to my world.. i reported 3 botters that bot raid content on freeport and there still there in skyshrine botting away....

War, Max, and Chozen are not botters, they are multiboxers. Completely different concept which is supported by SoE. You would be suprised how many people 2-box on Freeport. Those 3 happen to do it better than 99%. Bot is a fully automated program that runs the script and plays your toon.

Haapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 01:19 AM   #29
Te'ana

Tester
Te'ana's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,807
Default

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

My Rant!

I've noticed the same botter harvestier in Sundered Frontier for the past two days.  He's using a bot program that moves him from node to node and it's a very simple route of 15 or so nodes.  Yet I've petitioned twice (Yesterday and Today) on this player and in both cases the response came back right away that it has been taken care of. (1)Yet the toon is still running around the same route to the same node spots (regardless if there is a node there or not).  It's like I've been brushed off for reporting a botter by the GMs or they just don't care.  Is this saying that botting is now allowed (or tolerated) in the game then?  What's the use of reporting botters then?

(2) Another strange thing is the player is using level 90 toons that are stipped of their adventure gear but with some junky appearance gear.  Appears like the account was hacked and items sold off.

Calamoor...

1) With nodes always poping in the same place it is reasonable to develop an efficient route and run it over and over.

2) Thats just Ratatooee harvesting in his studly new appearance duds. Poor little Rat seems to die so often while harvesting that he can't afford the dry cleaning bills any more. His only real gear is his harvesting buff stuff. Before appearance gear he went around in his undies LOL.

3) However, his current route is in the Withered Lands, not the Sundered Frontier. Please feel free to report him anytime you want, he won't mind and the GMs won't respond because he is not a bot SMILEY

Te'ana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 11:50 AM   #30
onecrazysummer

Loremaster
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 19
Default

Haapy wrote:

onecrazysummer wrote:

Welcome to my world.. i reported 3 botters that bot raid content on freeport and there still there in skyshrine botting away....

War, Max, and Chozen are not botters, they are multiboxers. Completely different concept which is supported by SoE. You would be suprised how many people 2-box on Freeport. Those 3 happen to do it better than 99%. Bot is a fully automated program that runs the script and plays your toon.

Try again bro. i was in there vent listening to them talk about it.. one of there buddies who left gave me his vent info so i could liste in.. and they use a bot called ogre bot.. so.. please dont tell me they dont bot cause i know 100% they do..

__________________
Bots of freeport warcrown,chozenn,maxmillon
onecrazysummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:31 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.