EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > Class Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-31-2015, 09:16 PM   #31
-Soteria-

I somehow missed this post on my first read-through, but I'd like to echo this. I think the biggest problems priests have right now are class balance and relevance issues, because of the intercept/ward/reactive/regen mechanics. That, combined with how it seems the new gear inflates crit bonus and potency a LOT relative to HP, only serves to make it that much more difficult to present a healing challenge for shamans without outright killing any group that doesn't have one.

There are things that could improve the situation without changing the mechanics...
One would be inflating HP a bunch, kind of like we saw in ToV. I think the priests would have been pretty nicely balanced during ToV, if only crit bonus had been allowed to apply fully to wards. Having HP pools that are larger relative to crit bonus and potency amounts (and therefore shamans' wards) makes it possible to challenge ALL healers, without one-shotting groups who don't have a shaman. In all honesty, I've never met a priest who enjoys the "challenge" of trying to save people from unpredictable one-shots due to normal damage. That said, I LOVE the idea of fights like Klandicar, where huge damage comes in with some predictable indicator like a red text or a cast bar, and can then be addressed effectively with AE blockers/Equilibrium/Totemic Protection, or whatever.

Aside from that, one lamer but still effective way to guarantee relevance for inq/druids is with tons of cures... One of the big strong points of those classes is their capacity to cure more often than shaman/templar, which means nothing if curable detriments are few and far between.
-Soteria- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 04:21 PM   #32
Germs

This. Inquisitors used to be able to put up respectable damage numbers at the cost of nerfing their own heals a bit.

Now with WDB caps, outdated AAs and a lack of dps gear, we are going to lack in dps and healing capabilities. Channelers and Druids will do more damage, and Templars/Wardens/Furies/Mystics/Defilers/Channelers will outheal us.
Old 11-02-2015, 04:45 PM   #33
Boli

I did enjoy that in EoF - Furies could reduce their own heals by 50% and increase their spell damage by 50% (now the same spell does -50% potency and +5% crit bonus) also due to the power hog nature you often had to toggle on animal form to build up your power back again.

It was toggling on these two abilities back and froth whilst solo healing your group made for an... interesting balance. Get it right and you looked great - get it wrong and you got the RL replacing you.
Old 11-03-2015, 11:03 AM   #34
Tabri

I keep getting the message "you lack the ammo required" on my warden constantly interrupting my heals on beta. Can someone help me out and tell me what might be causing this I cant figure it out? Confused
Tabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 12:05 PM   #35
Annabea

Think i've seen/heard 2 options for that, one was a pulse AE dot charm that would spam that every pulse and interrupt you, and other was some wand out of solos that wanted you to have ammo or it bugged out. Dont recall item names and cant get into logs to check.
Old 11-03-2015, 06:20 PM   #36
Hirofortis

Agree, if I am in a group with a good shammy, my heal parse goes down big time. And on ticking damage fights disonnace goes up so fast you are left not being able to do anything.
Hirofortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 06:22 PM   #37
Hirofortis

I am worried about this as well. The channelers pet health is based on crit bonus and potency. How is capping these items going to effect the channelers ability to do there job.
Hirofortis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:09 PM   #38
Tabri

Ok thanks for a response I guess I will start taking things off and hit up the training dummy and try to isolate it because I cannot /bug it if I dont know what it is causing it Smile
Tabri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 03:14 AM   #39
Applewater

There are a lot of broken or out dated spells/abilities and AAs that really need to be addresses for a lot of classes.

I normally play a Fury in raids and its hard to hold a candle to some other heal types granted I can top the heal parse in HPS, that's if the incoming damage don't just outright kill the people in the group. which as a Fury there is very very little we can do to prevent people massive hits from killing people.

Our end line WARD(Protective Instinct) is kind of one but at the current HP we can only get 600-700k, that's if you have time to charge it that high normally I get a constant 500kish out of it and it only lasts 10 secs not very good for consistent damage hits.

Then Porcupine once a freaking beast spell has kind of fell off the crazy train and hit a few rocks. The damage is so so, but the heals on it are super weak 263 every 2 secs... really and the Mit increase on it is a joke anymore with people needing 250k 3.5k is nothing for a temp spell this should be more like 20k at this point. Really help knock the incoming damage some.

Feast is lameo.... for as much as it procs the values are garbage. heals are worthless stat increase is way to small and mit increase even more so 160 really what is that like a 0.000000001% damage reduction.

Shapeshift Tiger is melee only... and since most people range now days (useless)
Shapeshift Winter Wolf 3.5% Crit Chance Ok maybe the first expansion that was good.
Shapeshift Treant 2% heals is ok but now days it could be more.

TORTOISESHELL about the most useless spell in the druids book last expansion. didn't block more than like 1-2 AEs and the ones it did block didn't matter anyway. this needs more utility DR or Ward or something so we have a reason to keep it

The 2 and only 2 debuff spells Fury's get are so lame I don't even cast them at all.

Fury MYTH BUFF has be junk for 2 expansions now. people cap their own Ability MOD solo so what benefit does adding more HEAL only Ability mod going to do.

That's only a few Spells.

There are plenty of AAs that are junk and out dated

Natural Boon melee only still after wands have been in game for along time.

WHOLE MIDDLE TREE on the Druid is not really needed anymore since the WarRune are 100% in that area.

Feast AA junk if the spell is junk plus its junk it self reuse and casting speed and resistibility never seen it resisted and other stuff is useless

Brambles the De-hate just reuse speed. I thought they removed all of these kinds of AAs and replaced them - Useless

Enhance: Ring of fire reuse speed only - Useless

that is just a few.

Don't need to OP a class to make it fun to play just need to fix the broken/outdated junk.

This is only my point of view from a Fury, I know there are a lot of other classes that have broken AAs and spells and would like them revamped to keep up with the jones in the other groups. Its aggravating to see shamans hold a group Solo doing 1.3m hps and not thinking twice about it. where other classes have to break their fingers just to keep some alive due to these MASSIVE hits that only HUGE wards or DPs can ward off. Or looking at the DPS parse as your trying to keep the group just barely alive and seeing a TEMP out DPS you because of there Auto attack. its kind of dis-hearting some times.
Applewater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 09:26 PM   #40
Mermut

Tortoise shell doesn't need to be changed... they just need to stop making 90%+ of the AoEs non-blockable.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:41 PM   #41
Beyoncia

I prefer fights being that way, rather then built around one ability (TS), like Klandikar. I believe they should have never introduced some over-powered abilities, like Tortoise Shell or Equilibrium at all. As well as Clerics have never been supposed to get that high on block, or everyone crit 100% of the time. I think the developers are trying to sort such things, but it's defenitely hard and people are used to having their abilities.

But on the other hand lots of abilities and AA need to be changed. They are outdated and simply irrelevant . Basicly every AA that increases damage or healing is just a flat potency. Ten potency or crit bonus was great five years ago, but now it's less then one percent increase. Same goes for AA that increase casting speed, reuse or crit chance-people only take them if they are forced to. Debuffs AA are outdated as well, I believe. Even priest combat arts do so litle damage compared to what they intended to do, to what they did five years ago.

Dps is another story. Right now mele priests are able to show good numbers only if they are wearing wdb gear (including jewelry) and using UR spec. While defilers or furies can use hp gear and still easily outdps us. Spiritwrath alone is capable of doing 5-10 ml dps. And now we are to have wdb and cb cap.

But honestly, I would trade my dps (even my low one in a tank/hp gear specTongue) for a good, non outdated healing. And removing the threshold from Interrogation would be the good start. Then it will be in line with templar's Repent: they have a single ward, we have a group one. Some group damage reduction is needed as well. Following "the templar counterpart" logic-a group version of True Faith, may be with less amount of reduction.

Tank healing as an Inquisitor needs a bit love too. It would be nice to have some reliable saves. I use Perseverance. but it's simply not enough sometimes. Left side spec could worth more, if we didn't have to spam Fanatic's Protection. It ruins everything. Make it one target buff. Then again, we'll have an inquisitor version of Unyilding Benediction.
Beyoncia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 11:43 PM   #42
Beyoncia

ups, double postSmile
Old 11-04-2015, 11:51 PM   #43
Mermut

Wardens aren't the only classes with AoE blockers. Both bards can spec for it and swashies and brigs can also get AoE blockers. They either need to make AoE blockers actually useful, or get rid of them.
AoE blockers can be useful without being necessary. In most of the recent content, they are totally useless because the AoEs are specifically set up so they can't be used to do anything useful.

I also don't see how T-Shell is any more 'over powered' then say, soul shackle...
Old 11-05-2015, 12:35 AM   #44
-Soteria-

See, the beauty of Klandicar though was that it could be handled different ways. 4 druids with AE blockers was the easiest, sure... but a shaman/cleric could do it with totemic protection + equilibrium, bard/rogue AE blockers, spirit tap, etc... a channeler/cleric or channeler/shaman with a strong heal game could pull it off too. Every single priest class had some useful way to contribute on that fight, so I thought it was a fun challenge.

But these unblockable aoes, and un-DP-able deaths... are bs. There's no point in having cool toys if they don't work.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:39 AM   #45
Mermut

Exactly!
Old 11-05-2015, 06:14 AM   #46
Wards

mobs havin like no outgoing damage is a good way to balance healer classes BigGrin. At the moment its possible to run 80% of th heroic instances and the x2 up to final boss w/o heals. pretty much the same for the stygeshan x4.
Old 11-05-2015, 08:47 AM   #47
Odur27

I totally agree the fury trees/spells/skills need some major attention. We mostly need to stay ranged with a Wand so anything melee should be updated to make use of a wand and balanced for current content (Natural Boon/Shapeshift Tiger) and Tshell like you said should have something like a 50% DR and maybe a 500k ward per person? We just have so much that needs work across the board. I'd be willing to sit down with a Dev on this and a few other Furies and have a round table about this. They did class round tables on EQ1 for the Xpac before last and it worked rather well. They gave an hour to each class in IRC chat and we brought up issues that needed to be addressed. They obviously didn't give us everything we wanted, that would of been silly. I think having a few people from each class who know the classes very well and what needs to be addressed speak for the many would work. We had everyone who wanted to be heard log into an IRC chat room and then we chose a few spokesmen to bring up the issues that needed to be addressed in chat while we watched. That way there wasn't so much being said by so many people that it was too much for the Dev to deal with. I'd like to see this happen, it would be a good step going forward even if the issues don't get addressed till the next content update post expac.
Old 11-05-2015, 12:20 PM   #48
Koko

Painfully accurate. We're halfway there, now for something drastic to make things interesting again e.g. heals cannot critical!
I don't care anymore.
Old 11-05-2015, 05:55 PM   #49
Avirodar

I can understand some Wardens and Inquisitors asking for help... But Furies? That is a joke, right?
Old 11-05-2015, 06:58 PM   #50
Fulenstixx

[IMG]

got fury relic last week ,for those that play one , would pref the Assassin one but .....
Old 11-05-2015, 07:16 PM   #51
-Soteria-

Shhhhh, they don't need those kinds of ideas!
Old 11-05-2015, 09:42 PM   #52
Daalilama

I agree with Beyoncia that Inquis should have the damage threshold removed from Interrogation at this point in the game the threshold on their only group ward from prestige seems bit outdated and would provide the added healing flexibility they have needed for some time. It was something a number of clerics myself included had suggested in the last big round of player feedback on class issues (which apparently went no where). BTW not a big fan of Inquis....Templar blood in blood out.....

I also have to agree with Soteria that non AE preventable fights are really a kick in the nether region. Makes no sense to have these abilities as more and more raid and group content have non AE Block or DP avoidable damage...I mean whats the use for them in our AA lines if they are pointless.
Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 09:56 PM   #53
Awesomeo

Amen Smile
Old 11-05-2015, 10:00 PM   #54
ZUES

If any healers need attention it's Channeler and Inquisitor, in that order.
Old 11-06-2015, 05:18 PM   #55
Kamea

I have noticed the death saves, stone skins, and blockers have been failing to do as their name implies. Is this an effort to force you players to conform to a single script every single time with no improvisation available based on the make up of the group and class specific abilities.

If that is the case people are going to figure out the only strat that works and then it will turn into a grind fest with no progression based on how well the player know their class and gear improvements have a minimal impact on how you have to kill a mob.
Old 11-07-2015, 03:49 AM   #56
Ayumu

A note on Reactive Heals. They. Are. Not. Working!!! I play a raiding templar. And my reactive heals haven't been worthwhile for the majority of AoM and everything I've seen for raid/group testing has proven that they will continue to be worthless. Damage that does trigger reactives depletes them faster than I can recast them. And damage that doesn't trigger reactives...well that's self explanatory for a reactive healing class. For right now, only my arcane ward has been worthwhile for healing in AoM. And without arcane incoming damage, I am only good for my damage reduction buffs.

Now, we can fix this by simply balancing raid fights properly so that the incoming hits are happening at a rate that all healers can keep up with. ToV was a good example of that balance.

The templar prestige lines are horribly unbalanced. Right now, I am set up to deliberately let my single target reactive get knocked down...which happens before the recast is even done most of the time. I do this simply for the buffs from Divinity's Aid. The entire left side of the templar and inquisitor prestige trees are ruined by the increment mechanic. Had the increments been absent or the triggers limited to a once per second trigger, then they might be worthwhile to have. As it is, the buffs only last for a second or two at most. The wards on the right side of templar and inquisitor trees are so minor as to be worthless.

The Inquisitor EoF tree is barren of anything of value for a healer. Only the Sentinel's fate AAs have any value in that tree at all. If the Punishment line did wards instead of heals or was based on the Inquisitor's stats instead of the mob's stats, they might be useful. Otherwise, they're worthless. Battle cleric is, so far, the only useful AA and only for survivability.
Old 11-07-2015, 05:43 AM   #57
Daalilama

Barrier of Divinity's ward has been hitting pretty decently for me between 750 to 1million + but yeah without reactives reliably working does tend to create a problem...had same type back in ToV though doubt they will address it again.
Daalilama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 08:42 AM   #58
Beyoncia

I believe it's fine that one can't avoid a scripted death by any means. I've done only a few mobs but my Equilibrium and Perseverance and personal stoneskins work fine. Unless it is a scripted death ofcourse.
Old 11-07-2015, 08:37 PM   #59
Beyoncia

Reactives are working, at least on AoM. There is only one mob-x2 in Power who ignores them. But on some fights reactives are going out very fast, though It is not critical.

The problem is Inquisitor has no damage reduction or reliable wards. Interrogation shall have no threshold! Tongue
Old 11-09-2015, 05:13 PM   #60
Germs

Fixed.