EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > Class Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-13-2015, 07:59 AM   #1
Estarriol

The War Runes, which essentially duplicate the abilities of previous expansion's etherial weapons, are relic, so it turns out that people who were lucky enought to get them (or rich enough to buy them), will have the opportunity to use 2-4 relic items (1 new item and up to 3 etherials) and 1-3 more war runes compared to people who don't have any etherials, but for some reasons would like to use their abilities.

If the procs of the etherials are not so great in the new expansion, as the devs might suggest, then why make the corresponding war runes relic in the first place? And if they are (and, say, the cooldown reset on the mage focus definitely is), is it fair to give a select number of players such a huge advantage over the rest of the player base in the new addon based solely on their luck with GROUP content in the PREVIOUS expansion?
Old 11-14-2015, 01:19 AM   #2
Zanger

the whole etheral event was a joke. either you remove relict from the runes or give the opportunity to get new better weapons wich are also not a relict. if dbg will keep it at the point it is atm everybody who wants to top parse and didnt got the etherals will quit the game.

but devs dont read beta forum anyway, so try to enjoy your last year of eq2
Old 11-14-2015, 01:30 AM   #3
Rainmare

don't the war runes make the weapons a Relic, thus you can't have any other relic item equipped?
Rainmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 03:10 AM   #4
Mermut

Yes, but the old ethereals aren't relic...
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 03:21 AM   #5
Rainmare

well what I mean is yes, the Ethereal procs are nice and all, but making hte Ethereal a Relic just means that it's only good until you find a relic item that's nicer for another slot. for example, a class cloak.
Old 11-14-2015, 03:34 AM   #6
Mermut

Not all of the class cloaks are that exciting Wink
Old 11-14-2015, 04:57 AM   #7
Rainmare

well no but I imagine there will be some others that will be exciting for other slots. the problem is that you can only wear 1 relic. so would you like the inferior weapon with the nice proc, or do you want the nice weapon with a relic rune...that then means you can't wear any other relic, including that peice of jewelry with BIS ring with the 'you are a god for 10 seconds uber proc'.

and considering some procs in the beta right now, I don't see the ethereal effects staying as uber powerful as people think that they are for very long.
Old 11-14-2015, 06:24 AM   #8
q-ruf

there cuddently is nothing that comes close to most of the relic procs.
the difference in items stas are nowhere near near enough to bank them instead of abusing the "not a relic price".
Old 11-14-2015, 07:14 AM   #9
Rainmare

so you prefer the 'may reset your spells every 2 minutes' proc to the 3million dmg 3 times a minute on every mob you hit type deal? I've seen some pretty damn nice procs on stuff that drops in the overland named or in the AS instances. I can only imagine what might drop in the heroic zones. there was a healer item I saw drop off a named mob in the mushroom patch that had an amazing proc on it that I would trade in the 'chance to rest some of my heals' for no problem.

but even if your right and the ethereal procs are just SO uber...the gems are relics. when means the weapon becomes a relic, and you can only wear 1 relic at a time.

so the sig reward? can't wear that anymore. your class cloak? can't wear that. get a reall super badass raid drop? can't wear that anymore, just to have an 'ethereal' proc. doesn't seem like a good trade off.

I would replace my Ethereal as a tank np when I find a tanky proc on a weapon. or hell maybe if I find one of those wand procs that is 3mil 3 times a minute. the ethereal pros are nice, but they are by no means irreplacable.
Old 11-14-2015, 01:53 PM   #10
Wards

dude i have been able to parse well over 2.3 mill hps since week 3 of AoM w/o Etheral BigGrin i just wish ze templa disconnects moar often lol ... to be honest they changed the proc on healer eth already from procing like 2-4 times a minute to 1-2 times a minute BigGrin and its still OP
Old 11-14-2015, 02:15 PM   #11
Healious

I'd really like to see that 2.3m+ heal parse from a year ago Wards.
Old 11-14-2015, 02:46 PM   #12
Wards

gremmlins ... dirge tankin all 4 mobs and templar went ld maybe i can get sumone with the logfile ... but thats not ze point

ze point is DBG is not able to do a proper job !
Old 11-14-2015, 02:52 PM   #13
Monstuhr

Obviously the ethereals are powerful. As rare as they were they should be. Along those lines it would be tragically unfair to nerf them now for the people that got them. People spent hundreds of thousands of plat on these if not real money to buy them. The original ones should be left alone.

The change is simple. Take the relic tag off the war rune. Honestly, the relic tag is being massively overused as it is. It takes the fun out of the game by limiting what items people can use. Especially when it is being just randomly thrown around on things like armor pieces and now these war runes. It is simply unfun to give us cool items but then say you can only use one.
Monstuhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 03:42 PM   #14
Rainmare

As a tank, I don't give two ***** about my DPS. that's what transfers are for. that's what amends if for. my job isn't to DO damage, my job is to absorb it. I got 1 Ethereal, the only one I cared about, that is the sword with the 35% DR got like 10 seconds when it procs.

and after seeing some of the other effects in ToT on AS and overland soloable named, I woudl wage dollars to doughnuts there's a tankish proc out there that I would switch it out with.
Old 11-14-2015, 05:03 PM   #15
q-ruf

dps is what wins in this game. you can neither tank nor heal a mob to death both are just to enable dps.
if you are the kind of player who does not care if a proc could double your dps thats fine with me but some do...
tanking and healing have a cap (you stay alive) dps does not. you just get more and more effective the more of it you have.
there have always been people playing this game who dont get that basic concept, thus i am not surprised they would not give two *****.
Old 11-14-2015, 06:15 PM   #16
Zanger

@Rainmare you have obviously no clue what you are talking about. do you even play the game ?

btw not every tank is a paladin
Old 11-14-2015, 08:22 PM   #17
q-ruf

as a tank, the by far strongest proc for you that has been discovered so far is the ranged ethereal weapon one. it already does 2-3 million DPS (not hits) in AoM in the new expansion this will more than double.
you can equip it and lose some minor stats but still equip another ethereal item. anyone who does not have it cannot use it if they want to equip another ethereal item.

the healer ethereal that
made our defilers healparse on avatar of fear go from about 1.2 mil to over 1.8 mil hps. show me any other proc that can do that.
the worst about it is that its completely useless for druids.
if you dont think those effects are game changing you have no clue how this game works.
Old 11-14-2015, 10:15 PM   #18
Mermut

And yet, still utterly useless to druids Tongue
Old 11-15-2015, 02:09 PM   #19
Koko

To be fair, druids are fairly useless.
Old 11-15-2015, 04:25 PM   #20
Azhurial

You should tell that to our two furies who solo heal every encounter in the xpac while maintaining good dps.
Old 11-15-2015, 09:53 PM   #21
Koko

Sure, their damage is insignificant compared to shaman/templar %hp debuffs.
Maybe their cloak will change something, I hope so.
Old 11-17-2015, 03:47 AM   #22
Azhurial

While I do agree that max health debuffs are very important, they lost some efficiency on the last encounter of AoM by not being able to be maintained. I wonder if this is just one time mechanic or maybe a way to nerf them that we will see again.