EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-16-2017, 05:49 PM   #1
Caith

Developer

The Planes of Prophecy Carpenter recipes have not yet been implemented as we are still finalizing some of the art selection for them. Once they are implemented this will be the thread to provide feedback or report bugs.
Caith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 01:05 AM   #2
Caith

Developer

Hi folks, time for a quick update! We're about halfway through the carpenter recipes, but now that we have opened the solo and adventure zones we want to give you all the chance to chime on in thing you would like to see. If there are any pieces of art that from the expansion zones that you would love to see turned into house objects, go ahead and attach a screenshot, with a zone and loc, and we will see what we can do. Due to how many of the zones are put together, not everything can be done from a technical standpoint, but I'll take a stab at everything suggested.
Old 10-25-2017, 01:10 PM   #3
Sharann

Hey Caith,

Awesome idea! I've got a few items I really like to see as house items (I haven't done the entire zone yet but everything looks gorgeous).

But my number one request would be: a glass tile please please oh pretty please! SmileSmile

Back to the new zone:
Trees: they look great with the nice glowing trunk. Zone: Pakiat Bluffs, loc -466, 162, -794
[IMG]

Zone: Esoterra Gardens loc -575, 124, 290
[IMG]

Floor tiles: Khali Vahla loc 280, 581, -670
[IMG]

Zone: Pakiat Bluffs, loc -466, 162, -794
[IMG]

Cheers,
Sharann
Sharann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 01:45 PM   #4
Ocarinah

Oh boy! I will have to checkout the zones now so I can request stuff. Smile
Ocarinah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 04:37 PM   #5
Lysioronn

Here are some ideas for tiles with textures of the Plane of Magic. I changed some colours with a graphic-program.

Crystal-texture from near the Fount of arcanum:
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
Aetherscar:
[IMG]

[IMG]
Fount of Arcanum-rock
[IMG]
Drukyna-Marsh
[IMG]
Esoterra
[IMG]
Pakiat-rock
[IMG]
Pakiat-rock underwater-reflection
[IMG]
Yrzu
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

What would also really be nice as house-item are the wall-elements with turquoise glass and the big City sculptures in the City of Vahla. One could build good Pavillons with them.

Also the round ground tile of Amphitheater of Song Smile, and the pillars with green flame there.

And the green-turquoise water with green steam as a tile in the area of House of Vahla.

(The more tile-sets the better XD (squares, round, triangle...)
Old 10-27-2017, 09:40 PM   #6
Sejreia

[IMG]
So far, these; I'll be back with more, I'm sure Smile
These Lily (or Largy) Pads
I know we have the following, similar plants, in cool purpley~blue. But, these are warmer;
[IMG]

and, these blue spotted translucent vines;

[IMG]
Thank you! Smile

edit: nothing like working on your post to see someone's posted the same! ahh! lol Like your post Febrith! Smile
Old 10-27-2017, 11:22 PM   #7
Febrith

Great minds!Smile)
Old 10-28-2017, 08:46 AM   #8
Febrith

Oooh this is a brilliant idea Caith - thanks for asking! In addition to all of the above I love these:-

[IMG]

Or even just this little bit of it...
[IMG]

Also, ALL the wonderful plants please!

[IMG]

And this lovely ethereal looking one

[IMG]

And this as a floor tile as the colour is wonderful
[IMG]

No doubt I'll find more as I travel further around the expansion!
Old 10-28-2017, 02:44 PM   #9
Varnessala

This blue-orange bushes in the Drukyna Marsh are wonderful, and the other one in green near Pakiat-area:
[IMG]
[IMG]
This blue glowing flowers of spire-island and the ones in esoterra gardens are great:
[IMG]
The purple glass-vitrine in the Pakiat area:
[IMG]
Lion as housepet (for those who don´t have the lion-mount):
[IMG]

Maybe there is a tiny shiny questline hidden under a stone in Plane of Magic, like the one for Mara-Island carpenter scroll, with special house-item recipes.
Old 10-28-2017, 05:18 PM   #10
Senya

This item that looks like a gold shield (hopefully able to really scale it up)

[IMG]

And then these images have already been posted, but I want to add my vote to these particular images:
[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
Old 10-28-2017, 11:52 PM   #11
kikatt

I really love the texture posted.. and the details off the golden disc city. I would like to see the little arcane pieces from the signature quest that we have to read, or the arches and support for the arcane fount. I have trouble with screenshots on this computer .. if anyone else would post them? Oh and if we can't make some of the items.. having them in the moonlight enchantment zones would still be marvelous!
Old 10-29-2017, 02:51 AM   #12
LunarFlower

Wow these are very beautiful and I vouch for all of them! ...could we also get some plain white plate stacks and maybe plate stacks of future plates that come out, Caith? I would love that so much! Smile
Old 10-29-2017, 07:36 PM   #13
Senya

I have another request since carpenter recipes haven't been completed. This has NOTHING to do specifically with PoP, but would be (I assume) a very welcome addition:

How about getting building block pieces like these (picture is from EQ2 Traders) that match our current sets of crafted building blocks. (Sumac, Adamantine, Rosewood, etc)

[IMG]
Old 10-29-2017, 08:39 PM   #14
Lysioronn

Some pics for Kikatt, I hope the items are right:
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
[IMG]
Old 10-29-2017, 11:48 PM   #15
kikatt

TYTYTTY! for the pics! I thought of something else cool.. but i have to go through the sig quest again to get it.. the well! and i would love more pieces for Roll Eyesrosewood as per Senya's post.
Old 10-31-2017, 04:25 AM   #16
Edelphia

oh yes, pretty please!
Old 10-31-2017, 04:54 PM   #17
Ocarinah

Have not been in any of the dungeons but here are items from overland area and collectors/premium house. Would want either in carpenter recipe books or for 2018 holiday events. Prefer animated plushies over pets since the way houses load nowadays the pets sink into anything they are placed on which is super frustrating.

Would love craftable building blocks to include the new frame building blocks that have been added this year.
Would love if level 90 and 100 building block complete sets (high keep, high hold woods) to be added.

[IMG]
[IMG]
Old 10-31-2017, 06:46 PM   #18
Febrith

In addition to all of the above - though not particular to the new expansion, carpenters have been calling for these trees for literally years now.....

[IMG]

And the green pods which were available during the Dragon Ring event. Also, the red version of those trees which comes from a shiny collection. To be able to make them would be wonderful but loyalty or other merchant would also be amazeballs - pleeeeeease - with sugar on top.
Old 11-02-2017, 04:14 AM   #19
Ocarinah

Yep! Agree totally. The person that adds those 3 items would be considered a god and might receive a cake or something. I posted in Loyalty Merchant about wanting a recipe for those trees and pod and a couple other items. Plus a big list of stuff that was special event/cannot get any more for loyalty merchant. Any and all are welcome to be in this expansion recipe book but I thought I might overwhelm with more pics of items in here. I would welcome any item I have seen in previous expansion zones to become house items any way I can get them. BigGrin

P.S. The blue and red sproutlings, the pod and the valerian bloom would match this expansions plants really well and I cannot imagine anyone complaining to receive in 101-110 carpenter recipe books.
Old 11-04-2017, 03:40 AM   #20
Griffon Lady

I know it's not from the new stuff, but I've been waiting about a decade for single panes of glass, like a single wall from the "A small display case" house item. aITEM -1318573909 -487826037:a small display case/a
[IMG]
Griffon Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 09:55 AM   #21
Niami DenMother

Essentials (not Advanced) Carp recipes are in.

Combines yield 5 on completion of the 4th progress bar, and they stack!

Now for the start of the feedback:

There are several "thronvine" items. Should those be "thornvine"? The only one spelled "thornvine" is the one that is, well "thornvine" with no adjectives.

Pluralization is a bit odd at times
  • 5 [Detailed Pedestal of Roes]
  • 5 [Aether Ghostreedses]
  • 5 [Group of Decayed Urnses]
  • 5 [Clump of Manastalkses]
  • 5 [Clump of Stormstalkses]
  • 5 [Fang of Roes]
  • 5 [Cluster of Storm Stalkses]
  • 5 [Storm Stalkses]
  • 5 [Fragment of Aetherstones]
  • 5 [Aether Sproutses]
  • 5 [Decayed Sarcophaguses]
  • 5 [Symbol of Vahlas]
  • 5 [Cluster of Manastalkses]
  • 5 [Aether Ghostcatches]
  • 5 [Pedestal of Roes]
I'm off to place them all before I finally sleep. BigGrin
Niami DenMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:19 AM   #22
Niami DenMother

• "Innovative Buzzkill" - default placement is halfway sunken into the ground
  • Is the "Innovative Aperture" supposed to be a functional door?
  • "Decayed Sconce" has the flame offset from the sconce. Also, it is ground-placed, which would be a brazier. If it is a sconce, it should be wall-placed
Old 11-04-2017, 11:18 AM   #23
Niami DenMother

"Concordat Stone" - should that be "Concordant" ?

"Shard of Aetherstone" - default placement is partially sunken into the ground.
:"Fragment of Aetherstone" - default placement is partially sunken into the ground
Old 11-04-2017, 06:51 PM   #24
Caith

Developer

• Essentials (not Advanced) Carp recipes are in.
    • Yes they are! *quietly submits the files he forgot to check in...*
  • "Decayed Sconce" has the flame offset from the sconce. Also, it is ground-placed, which would be a brazier. If it is a sconce, it should be wall-placed
    • Looks like Art has the fix for the offset flame in already, should be fixed soonish.
  • Is the "Innovative Aperture" supposed to be a functional door?
    • Once I figure out how to make it one, hopefully. Until then, nope Confused .
Old 11-04-2017, 09:45 PM   #25
Anatha

Thank you, Caith! The carpenters out there appreciate your hard work!
Old 11-05-2017, 12:08 AM   #26
Febrith

Just wonderful - I'm so thrilled with these recipes - I literally can't wait to see the MC selection but am overwhelmed with what I'm seeing so far /swoon!
Old 11-05-2017, 05:15 AM   #27
Griffon Lady

Sounds like Ratonga accent... hmmmm
Griffon Lady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 09:25 AM   #28
Niami DenMother

I've seen advanced books dropping, but not the advanced carpenter ones. That may be just bad odds, or they may have been left off the loot table due to being empty. It might be something to double-check in your nonexistant free time.Wink
Old 11-05-2017, 09:45 AM   #29
Niami DenMother

Mastercrafted Carpenter recipes/items:

• All new mastercrafted furniture has only the "treasured" label and 200 rent status reduction. Both need to be fixed.
  • Floating Remnant of Aetherstone, Floating Shard of Aetherstone, Floating Concordant Stone, Floating Fragment of Aetherstone, Floating Testament Stone, Floating Covenant Stone - all "float" with a default placement points that cause them to be half buried in the ground
  • "Ribcage of the Wyvern" places with the very bottom of it sunken into the ground. I sort of think it looks better like that, so I'm torn between calling this an art issue and suggesting it stay as-is! And whee, that thing is big enough to have swallowed a couple dozen snot elves at the same time when it was alive!
  • "Innovative Wall Furnace" sinks too far into the wall, cutting off the back 1/4 or so of the item.
  • "The Eternal Furnace" has no collision. You can walk right through it.
  • "Bastian of Thunder: Stone Dais" - replace "Bastian" with "Bastion" It might also look better without the colon in there BigGrin
  • Recipe name is "Floating Concordat Stone", and the item name is "Floating Concordant Stone". The item name is the correct one, unless it is some creative Norrathian nomenclature.
  • All pluralization looks off at this time of the night/morning, with it simply throwing an S or an ES on the last word, when sometimes it should be elsewhere. I'm not coherent enough to work on a list, and hopefully someone with a bit less pain brain can work on a list, but an example would be "5 [Diseased Skull of the Wyverns]. It'd sound better if it was "5 [Diseased Skulls of the Wyvern]", I'd think. But this is really nit-picky, and is likely to go wayyyyyy down the priority list for cleaning up.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:06 AM   #30
Niami DenMother

Should it be a "Sphynx Platform" or a "Sphinx Platform"? BigGrin

The second is the spelling I learned long ago and far away, and I can't remember if EQ2 gets creative with it or not.