EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-27-2015, 10:36 PM   #1
Domino

Developer

In an update later this week, Thalnor will start selling "Spirit Stone Repair Methods of the Deepforge Founders". (Spirit stones are the green adornments that gain power as the wearer kills stuff.)

This will give you 9 recipes that allow any level 100 crafter to repair damaged spirit stones that drop in solo, heroic, or raid content. Each spirit stone has a specific component plus some common harvests; the components are tradeable and so are the final products.
  • Solo
  1. Ancient's Mantle (requires a Damaged Ancient's Mantle)
  2. Arachmech Eye (requires a Damaged Arachmech Eye)
  3. Behemoth's Race (requires a Damaged Behemoth's Race)
  • Heroic
  1. Marksman's Lens (requires a Damaged Marksman's Lens)
  2. Stone of Underfoot (etc ... you get the idea.)
  3. Stygian Core
  • Raid
  1. Essence of Yothshaval
  2. Shard of Uzulu
  3. Heart of Penumbra
Please let Caith know in the itemization thread if you see any issues with the spirit stones themselves, and let me know in this forum if you find any issues with the recipes
Domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 03:16 AM   #2
Meirril

I'm just going to raise a pet peeve here. In my mind crafting is suppose to be a convenience to the customer. We should have some control over what we're going to produce. In that sense I'd prefer it if a blank core dropped for each tier and the crafter decided what the final product would be, instead of the typed core producing its namesake.

If crafters can choose the final product, it means crafters are providing a service. If crafters simply take a broken item and fix it, it means we're a road block to getting the reward from your drop.

Also please consider allowing refining for the cores. I'm going to assume that these drops won't be too common, and I think having an option to make something that is utterly expensive as sacrificing 5 rare drops for a 10% better item would be amusing.
Old 10-29-2015, 11:11 PM   #3
Kickya

Question: Are the NEW green adornments supposed to be a slight improvement over old content ?

because at the moment looking at them they have the Exact same stats

ie Bullwalk of malice has the exact same stats leveled up as Heart of Penumbra
Kickya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 06:19 PM   #4
Domino

Developer

Probably a question for Caith in the itemization thread.
Old 11-01-2015, 07:36 PM   #5
ZUES

Please allow us to put these components in the harvest depot.
Old 11-04-2015, 03:27 PM   #6
Akina_Storms

I've checked them.
the new Advanced solo green adornement base values are the same as the AoM fully levelled raid green adornement, and can be levvelled for more.
group base stat are the fully levelled AS one, and can be levelled, and so on for the raid one.
Akina_Storms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 11:36 AM   #7
Beee

new crafted raid adornments and doublecast.....

Yippie - we got doublecast adornments back - but wtf
Heart of the Penumbra Spirit Stone
3% Mitigation Increase
22,6% Potency
8,6% Crit Bonus
12% Max Health
7.3% Striketrough
2,3% Doublecast Chance
4440 Ability Modificator

compared with
Shard of the Uzulu Spirit Stone
14,6% Potency
14,6% Crit Bonus
100 DPS
20 Spell Weapon and Weapon Bonus

Essence of the Yothshaval Spirit Stone
14,6% Potency
14,6% Crit Bonus
4440 Ability Modificator
20 Spell Weapon and Weapon Bonus

Why Doublecast on a tank/max def rune and not on a mage dps rune ?
Beee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 11:46 AM   #8
Marq

Its prolly to 'force' mages to get a bit more hp and mit to survive the new physical dots =P well honestly Doublecast is so abundant on magy items (least unless they fix everything stacking), its likely there to appease crusaders.
Marq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 04:01 PM   #9
Mermut

Also, even if you ignore the strikethrough, mitigation AND max health, the stats are better on the 'tank' adorn. Taking the mit and health into consideration, why would anybody NOT take the 'tank' adorn?
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 04:11 PM   #10
Ingerimm

You have to manufacture these Adornments, since this drop does not directly, so everyone can choose which Adornments these can be prepared and want to wear, I see no problem here.

Would this drop directly it would be perhaps a problem, so it is good that it is not so. It would otherwise certainly lead to disputes.
Ingerimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 11:55 PM   #11
Meirril

Has the recipes changed? As far as I know a broken version of X drops and you craft it into an X. There is no choice, what drops is what you get.
Old 11-07-2015, 12:24 AM   #12
Domino

Developer

That has not changed. This allows us more control over how common these items are; for example, we can control exactly how many of soulstone X enters the world, whereas if there was one generic component that could be made into anything, we could not control that. We try to give the option to crafters where appropriate but in this case these are fairly powerful items and we want a bit more control.
Old 11-07-2015, 09:32 PM   #13
Ingerimm

Hm you're right, if you do so considered a problem arises.

In this case, I have to agree with Merrill and Beee.

The probem which could arise is, simply, that want to be wearing all the same type Adornment, this probably but already the rarest will be anyway, then what's the point of a selection?

For most tanks it makes little sense to wear a Adornment, which involves no strikethrough and no MaxHP when all classes then overthrow it, because the other green Adornments are much weaker in comparison, this results in no meaningful distribution of Adornments, and you usually can not count on the good sense of the people.

Something you could only control if you assign the Adornments a class reference. If it can in its present form at any equip everyone is trying to do it too.

The result is that what this Adornment helps most have to wait long until you get it and conversely are in the banking subjects then oodles before resources, which no one wants to use. What should be the meaning or use it be?
Ingerimm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 10:27 PM   #14
brokenshieldd

Domino I just try to put 200 Damaged Ancient's Mantle in my Personal Harvest Depot (Large) and it wouldn't let me.I was able to put all the other in but that one type.
brokenshieldd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 09:00 PM   #15
Beee

Spirit Stone can not be in a crafterdepot

Anyway: Almost every mage will try to get the tank adornments - and this ist wrong
Beee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 09:59 PM   #16
Mermut

Almost every player I know will want the tank adorns for all their toons...
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2015, 07:51 PM   #17
Sigrdrifa

Unlike older green adornments, the new ones do not stack, and they should. Pretty please?

I just improvidently crafted a batch of 100 via mass production, thinking to toss them on the broker cheap for folks to play with. Each individual adorn eats one broker or bag slot, and that's not right for something that conceptually is a small gem or adornment we're adding to our jewelry and such.
Old 11-16-2015, 09:26 PM   #18
Domino

Developer

Caith tells me this is intended; due to the way they work, allowing them to stack would "break them in very bad ways".
Old 11-16-2015, 10:04 PM   #19
Kuulei

I just realized that the largest hurdle for crafters will be the very first part of the timeline..
*pictures several Isle of Mara instances with lines of crafters all trying to harvest 6 metal mechanisms*
I should have sent a feedback early on. One per harvest, only two draws per elemental before it disappears and only two elemental up at a time.. I can see the bloody fisticuffs it will come to as everyone tries to harvest Mad
You need to at least double up the amount harvested with each mining and better yet would be for them to give you 3 per pull so the two harvests give the necessary amount before the elemental disappears!
Kuulei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 02:28 AM   #20
Meirril

Not really the place for this, but a valid concern. The more elegant fix for this would be to change the golems to a simple clickable widget that gives 1 gear per click and it doesn't despawn. Actually make it non-quest specific so anybody can click it and get more gears. That way if someone messes up they can fix it themselves, and next Tinkerfest you can introduce recipes that use those gears so people have a reason to use that widget on a regular basis.
Old 11-17-2015, 02:57 AM   #21
Kuulei

yes sorry, ny fault for having more than one window open with the forums loaded LOL
Kuulei is offline   Reply With Quote