EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Items and Equipment
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-13-2012, 05:38 PM   #1
Kesstryl

Philosopher

I don't know if this is a known thing or not, but I recently purchased a change race pot on my ranger and have show equipped bow selected, but the bow will not display.  This have something to do with clipping with the wings?  I'm disappointed if so.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:46 AM   #2
arieste

Loremaster

I've been posting and messaging DEVs on this for years.  The short story is that - yes, it's intentional and no, there is no intention to ever fix it.

The sad thing is that there used to be a bug in game, where all races showed up with fae wings, like Ratonga with wings, etc, and bows showed up on those toons and looked just fine.  Yes, there is clipping, but there is clipping associated with tons and tons of stuff, who cares if it clips, better than not having it at all.  I mean, every time my wood elf gets on a mount, i ride around with my spear going through my head, not like it's a big deal.

edit:  actually went through my PMs and found this from Ttobey:  "We're still trying to figure a way to make this work. With the way things are setup currently it won't, but I'm doing some Fae fixes and I'll see if I can get bows visible."   Unfortunately that is from just over 2 years ago.

Old 10-15-2012, 08:37 PM   #3
Kesstryl

Philosopher

I would also rather have my beautiful bow with it's awesome radiance effects show while clipping with wings than to not show.  I hope this is re-visited by the artists and gets fixed.  Fae have racials that make them perfect as rangers, both adventure and tradeskill wise, and to have a race that is built for rangers not show a bow - are they out of their minds?