EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-03-2012, 09:55 PM   #1
ShadowMunkie

Loremaster

This system should feature several different key features.

• Search Function
  • Bounty would be gotten from clipboard via a quest.
  • Each bounty can be gotten by multiple people but, only one can be claimed, unless killed in a group.
  • There would be a fee for each bounty to be placed, 10% of the bounty. This will be a double tax, once when you place the bounty and second when player gets the reward.

This would promote PvP in my eyes atleast even if its for a little time, I know several people would love to put bounties on other people just to watch them get killed.

ShadowMunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:04 PM   #2
thesiren

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

• Search Function
  • Each bounty can be gotten by multiple people but, only one can be claimed, unless killed in a group.
  • There would be a fee for each bounty to be placed, 10% of the bounty. This will be a double tax, once when you place the bounty and second when player gets the reward.

This would promote PvP in my eyes atleast even if its for a little time, I know several people would love to put bounties on other people just to watch them get killed.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but this very same mechanic has been exploited by gankers for almost 9 years in Eve Online. 

Ganker # 1 gets a bounty put on him by an innocent PvE'er.  Ganker # 1 immediately either A.) sends a /tell to Ganker # 2 to come kill him so they can split the bounty money or B.) logs on an alt and keeps all the bounty money for himself.

Fun in theory, useless in practice.

thesiren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:13 AM   #3
ShadowMunkie

Loremaster

thesiren wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

• Search Function

I'm sorry to burst your bubble, but this very same mechanic has been exploited by gankers for almost 9 years in Eve Online. 

Ganker # 1 gets a bounty put on him by an innocent PvE'er.  Ganker # 1 immediately either A.) sends a /tell to Ganker # 2 to come kill him so they can split the bounty money or B.) logs on an alt and keeps all the bounty money for himself.

This would all be remedied if Qeynosians couldn't make Freeport toons and Freeportians couldn't make Qeynos toons.

It's a little stupid watching Q side win Antonica for 2 months then, all them make Q's and the Freep side win for 2 months.

Old 01-05-2012, 10:58 AM   #4
Seliri

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

thesiren wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

• Search Function

This would all be remedied if Qeynosians couldn't make Freeport toons and Freeportians couldn't make Qeynos toons.

It's a little stupid watching Q side win Antonica for 2 months then, all them make Q's and the Freep side win for 2 months.

There's nothing wrong in allowing accounts cross-faction play.

The bounty could just reward vanity/fluff items.

I suggested long ago that players drop mounted versions of their heads with the appearance gear/particle effects they were wearing at the time.

Having the severed noggins of many foes in your home would surely be a coveted luxury.

Seliri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:10 PM   #5
General_Info

Lord

thesiren wrote:

We had this stuff in galaxies as well and all it does is incourage bad pvpers and defeated ego-centric pvpers to place bounties for offically sanctioned griefing of other players simply because they won and killed someone.

if someone thinks they are so valuable that they need to have the person that killed them ingame punished for winning then they dont belong in online games period.

Old 01-05-2012, 12:11 PM   #6
songsta

Loremaster

Thats a genious idea Seliri, i REALLY like that idea , having a bunch of trophys of their heads with their names above their heads lol

songsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 12:45 PM   #7
ShadowMunkie

Loremaster

General_Info wrote:

thesiren wrote:

We had this stuff in galaxies as well and all it does is in courage bad pvpers and defeated ego-centric pvpers to place bounties for officially sanctioned grieving of other players simply because they won and killed someone.

if someone thinks they are so valuable that they need to have the person that killed them in-game punished for winning then they don't belong in online games period.

Its not about wanting to grief someone its about people only using mercenaries to win their battles. The people that I would personally and have personally placed bounties on within my guild are people that specifically use mercenaries to win EVERY single one of their battles. All they do is ride their little leaper mount, send in the mercenary and run around and when their mercenary is about to die they hop away.

It has and never will have anything to do with dying, I die several times due to poor decisions or the lack of guild members listening to the main assist. Even people that simply use their guild to get kills I would place bounties on, several come to mind that hop around the fight until they know their other guild members have someone into the red they swoop in and get the kill then get out. It's rediculous how many people actually play like that because they are worried about a title or their fame. I thought this was suppose to be PvP not run around and watch your guild members die because you are to scared to get involved until you know you can secure a kill.

Old 01-05-2012, 04:03 PM   #8
Crismorn

Loremaster

Seliri wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

thesiren wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

• Search Function

No it isn't stupid.

I suggested long ago that players drop mounted versions of their heads with the appearance gear/particle effects they were wearing at the time.

Having the severed noggins of many foes in your home would surely be a coveted luxury.

Somehow I knew you would be for an idea that further rewarded your alt farming activities.

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 07:56 PM   #9
Seliri

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

Thats a genious idea Seliri, i REALLY like that idea , having a bunch of trophys of their heads with their names above their heads lol

danx brah =]

Crismorn wrote:

Seliri wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

thesiren wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

• Search Function

No it isn't stupid.

Somehow I knew you would be for an idea that further rewarded your alt farming activities.

somehow you nearly tirelessly desire to pollute threads with your off-topic, baseless, petty grudge bearing & fabrication of rumors

Seliri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 10:59 PM   #10
General_Info

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

Its not about wanting to grief someone its about people only using mercenaries to win their battles. The people that I would personally and have personally placed bounties on within my guild are people that specifically use mercenaries to win EVERY single one of their battles. All they do is ride their little leaper mount, send in the mercenary and run around and when their mercenary is about to die they hop away.

It has and never will have anything to do with dying, I die several times due to poor decisions or the lack of guild members listening to the main assist. Even people that simply use their guild to get kills I would place bounties on, several come to mind that hop around the fight until they know their other guild members have someone into the red they swoop in and get the kill then get out. It's rediculous how many people actually play like that because they are worried about a title or their fame. I thought this was suppose to be PvP not run around and watch your guild members die because you are to scared to get involved until you know you can secure a kill.

It may not be that way for you but others certainly would place bounties to grief if you truely want to stop people dead in their tracks from just using mercs and then running away on mounts suggest direct fixes.

such as making it so when a merc is engaged in PVP combat and is killed the owner is debuffed in a manner that prevents immediate escape or making it so whatever score they get out of killing someone is reduced by half in the same manner mercs take a percentage of all coin looted in PVE.

Old 01-06-2012, 11:26 AM   #11
ShadowMunkie

Loremaster

General_Info wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

It may not be that way for you but others certainly would place bounties to grief if you truely want to stop people dead in their tracks from just using mercs and then running away on mounts suggest direct fixes.

such as making it so when a merc is engaged in PVP combat and is killed the owner is debuffed in a manner that prevents immediate escape or making it so whatever score they get out of killing someone is reduced by half in the same manner mercs take a percentage of all coin looted in PVE.

That only solves the playstyle with mercernaries, it does nothing to prevent people that use their guild members to get their kills. This latter playstyle is to most annoying; watching someone run from the fight, come back kill one person then run again. It probably doesn't happen at higher levels but, during the mid tiers it happens a lot by several people. Sure they eventually die but, its bad design that they can swoop in hit one attack and get full credit for the kill.