EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-09-2011, 05:42 PM   #1
Kiintac

Loremaster

Inquis seem to have the best of all worlds (buffs, DPS, and decent healing) is there any reason one would roll Templar?

I am just curious, NOT trolling.

Kiintac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 08:02 PM   #2
Dahmer

Loremaster

Your forgot to mention their mythical cure which is godly op.

But to answer your question~ No, there is absoutly no reason why anyone should roll a templar over an inquiz.

If your a non raider and just want to solo/do grps whatever..your going to want to rock an inquiz

If you want to raid~ Well not many guilds want a templar on their roster anymore~ So yeah Inquiz all the way

I have heard way to many storys of templars loosing their spots on raids, and seen way to many betray this xpac.

IMO~ They need to give templars alot more surviablity~ maybe another stoneskin, make shield ally only apart of the templar tree, or give them a second cure to regain there "need" on raids.

Untill either of those things happens~ the templar is just going to be a dying/dead class.

Dahmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 05:51 AM   #3
Odys
Server: Storms
Guild: Eternitalis

Loremaster

In Em raiding we have absolutely zero healing issues but some curing issues from tme to time. Since all healers can complete heal their group within 2-3 sec i don't really why anyone would prefer a templar.

Steafast and shield ally are shared by templar/inqui and group alacrity and divine aura too.

I don't know the details of the SF/TSO templar trees but i don't think it balances the massive dps buf you get from an inquisitor and the godlike  cure (can be used while moving, can be used if stunned).

Old 07-25-2011, 06:49 PM   #4
Kunaak

Loremaster

we dont have a single templar in raid any more, our MT templar betrayed.

thats not to say the templars dont offer some incredible buffs or heals, but that the minor losses you get from losing a templar are easily made up with what you grain from a INQ.

my cleric is still a templar - but I am not sure why. I have 4 healers, all in rygoor armor or better. 2 druids, 1 shaman, 1 cleric. my templar is without a doubt a very powerful healer, but what I find is, DPS is more important lately then heals, most fights have simple complicated scripts, and low to moderate amounts of damage, so unless you have a true paper tank, the templar feels like overkill.

with how complicated these scripts on mobs are becoming, anything thats killing some mob faster, seems better.

Kunaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 07:20 PM   #5
LardLord

Loremaster

One of our Inquisitors betrayed back to Templar last night because he got tired of helplessly watching as AEs 1-shot his tanks. 

But outside of certain situations in hard mode raiding, no, I can't really think of any reason. 

EDIT: Well, certain situations in HM heroic zones could make a Templar useful, too. Basically, anything that isn't "hard mode" just doesn't hit hard enough to make a Templar's awesome defensive capabilities very useful.

LardLord is offline   Reply With Quote