EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Guide Events
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-15-2010, 01:16 PM   #31
Squeecha

Senior Guide

And after a long wait since the last heads up, (I blames the Gnomes and Kitties for the problems), here is some upcoming activities:

Today, Wednesday 9/15 at 2:30 Pacific Time, if you is in Thundering Steppes, there's some parental help being needed. Keeps your ears and eyes open.

Then at 4 PM Pacific, if you are in the Sundered Frontier, you might watch out for a little fortune telling going on.

Then, come tomorrow, Thursday, at 3 PM Pacific time, there's a planned visit by a certain axe loving Dwarf in the Butcherblock area.

And tomorrow night at 9 PM Pacific, those frequenting the Antonica region might notice a little Fae seeking some help.

Bear in mind these could change a bit, but hopefully nots!

Old 09-29-2010, 11:42 AM   #32
Squeecha

Senior Guide

Well, I was hoping my partner would has puts some things here, but let's see what I cans find coming up.

We'll starts with today, the 29th.

At 10 AM pacific time, if you is in Greater Faydark, watch for some hungry hungry hipp... err froggies... yeah.. froggies.

At 5:45 PM this evening, anyone who likes dancing should makes a trip to Antonica. But, we request no torches... they tends to upset some of the dancers.

One hour later, at 6:45 Pacific time, travelers in the Enchanted Lands should bes careful to watch out for grouchy old Gnomes.

Then tomorrow at 2PM pacific time, travelers in the Butcherblock area with an interest in dwarven history might has some fun if they keep their ears open.

And at 3PM tomorrow, another Gnome may be runnings around in Antonica looking for a little assistance.

Keeps in mind that these things are subject to change if something goes wrong (which they will likely blames on me if it happens) and they is all shown in Pacific time.

Old 10-11-2010, 04:06 AM   #33
Mairliana

Senior Guide

*bounces in and tacks up a note*  Sheesh, I gotta remember this thing is here! Sorry I've not been posting folks!

---------Come one, come all to the following events today 10/11/2010!

3pm - A bard will be out and about in Antonica needing your assistance in writing a song! 7:30pm - One of your favorite beer loving dwarfs will be out and about in Halas looking for your help with something non-drinking related. 8:30pm - The chaotic rose will be out and about causing trouble in South Qeynos with her tricks and treats!

And on 10/12/2010....

Uh oh... looks like my favorite bard has a problem and needs help! To find out more head to Enchanted Lands around 12 noon.

---------

Be advised that sometimes the times posted may change without prior notice should the RL deamons get the best of us and that all times ate shown in PST.

Old 10-12-2010, 02:23 PM   #34
Cyrellan

Loremaster

*pulls out a quill and scribbles on the bottom of Mairliana's note*

Someone made mention there may be a small Dwarf in Butcherblock Mountains on Wednesday 10/13/10 around 5pm PST. He is said to have a fetish for all things Axe-like.

Perhaps you can look him up if you are in the neighborhood. 

Old 10-14-2010, 11:59 AM   #35
Mairliana

Senior Guide

*The red and green Arasai bounces in.* It's time for a little fun (especially while some of us are going crazy waiting for servers to come back up)! *grins* So let's see what I can find going on tonight.

------

10/14/2010

Around 3pm today one of the guides will be out and about in North Qeynos looking to spread the cheer of Nights of the Dead with some Trick or Treating. Watch for her!

Around 4pm your favorite fire-obsessed gnome should be out and about in Antonica.

And around 9pm there's a fae who might be around in Antonica. Seems there's something spooky going on with her shadow.

------

Please bear in mind that due to RL times are subject to changes and that all times are in PST.

Old 10-14-2010, 02:19 PM   #36
Squeecha

Senior Guide

And also, today (Thursday) around 6 PM pacific time, there may some fun in Darklight Woods!

Old 10-22-2010, 03:32 AM   #37
Mairliana

Senior Guide

*bounces in singing off-key*

I've got a new nooote for yooouuu!!

*tacks up the note and bounces off again to create more chaos*

On 10/24 around 11 am be on the lookout for some mischeifmaking in North Qeynos.

On 10/25 around 3pm I hear there will be a fae whos having a problem with their shadow somewhere in Greater Faydark

On 10/26 around 12 noon your favorite drunken dwarf will be around in the Commonlands looking for assistance with his scarecrows wardrobe.

On 10/26 around 8:30pm I heard a rumor that a necromancer will be looking for help in North Freeport. He's only looking for a small group of people so best be quick!

-----

Please note that all times are in PST and are subject to change should problems happen outside the world of Norrath.

Old 10-27-2010, 01:52 AM   #38
Mairliana

Senior Guide

Oh my I just heard a most wonderful rumor!

A kerra "obtained" an item that is cursed and will be looking for assistance tomorrow 10/27 around 5pm PST!

Old 10-28-2010, 10:34 PM   #39
Ilivdra

Loremaster

A scarecrow lost his head tonight. But he got new threads! Hope he didn't get made into pumpkin pie!

Old 11-06-2010, 11:59 PM   #40
Thornrose

Guide

Hello all!

Rumours abound that a clan of dragons that love to tell stories have decided it is time to create a new story on Monday November 8th around 3PM PT in Antonica.

I'm sure the dragons would love to have *your* help!

Please note that all times are in PST and are subject to change should problems happen outside the world of Norrath.

Guide & Quest Coordinator, Freeport

SWAT
Thornrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2010, 01:47 AM   #41
Mairliana

Senior Guide

A few fun things going on over the next couple of days!

November 15th around 3pm PST be on the lookout for an overture of peace in Zek, the Orcish Wastes.

November 16th around 4pm PST be on the lookout for a rather persuasive little Halfling in Darklight Woods.

November 16th around 5pm PST be on the lookout for another little Halfling in Halas looking to hold a culinary contest!

November 18th around 12 noon PST be on the lookout for a tiny dragon looking for help telling stories in Lavastorm Mountains.

Pleast note that times may vary should things come up in RL to prevent these running on time. We do our best to be there when posted but can't help it if something comes up outside of our control.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:27 PM   #42
Getsuya

Guide

Sorry everyone, I heard word that the tiny dragon who was supposed to appear on 11/18 will no longer be there due to being grounded by his dragon parents.

Getsuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2010, 11:18 PM   #43
Mairliana

Senior Guide

Due to two very loud overy eager politicians volleying for votes in Halas this evening, the culinary contest has been moved to 11/18 at 11am PST.
Old 12-08-2010, 11:33 AM   #44
Squeecha

Senior Guide

If sos, this evening should be a good one fors you.

Around 7:30 Pm Pacific time, one of the Gigglegibbers will bes in the Frostfell Wonderland looking for some gift ideas.

Later on at arounds 8:30 PM, there will be one in Qeynos Harbor talkings about cooking. (And that seems a scary concept tome.. Gigglegibber holiday cooking).

And of course, you never knows when someone might be wanderings around the Frostfell Wonderland and other places with goodies for the good adventurers and coal for the kitties.

Old 12-15-2010, 11:52 AM   #45
Squeecha

Senior Guide

Welcome to alls our new friends!

Today around Noon, if you is in the frozen areas around Halas, those of yous with a bent for fashion might keeps an eye out for a snowperson with some things to talks about.Edit - the Snowlady seems to have had some heat issues due to the merge and is trying to freeze her way back into shape. We hope to see her later today, but that depends on how cold we can gets her.

Then at around 7PM, in Darklight Wood, a Halfling crafter (who apparently isn't a very good one) wills be around looking for some assistance from better crafters than him.

And, of course, this evening at various times, myself and maybes some others will bes just wandering around looking to sees who is naughty or nice. And yes, we has giftses.

These is all Pacific times, btw, and while things can happen we hopes to has everything on time.

Old 12-18-2010, 10:41 PM   #46
Zemura

Guide

Those silly Gigglegibbers sure are busy this time of year! And one such fellow is especially busy trying to cheer up a sad friend. Tomorrow 12/19, at 11am, if you're doing some Frostfell shopping in Qeynos Harbor, you may be able to lend him a hand!

< Guides of the Shattered Lands >
Zemura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 05:18 PM   #47
Alvane
Server: Unrest
Guild: Old Timer Guild

Loremaster

Although I haven't seen any guides around on Unrest during Frostfell (I prolly just miss them), I want to wish all the guides on all servers, a Merry Merry!!

Alvane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2010, 02:23 AM   #48
Squeecha

Senior Guide

Well, except for today (I was forced to go enjoy family and friends.. horribles I know), I know for sure they has been folkses on Unrest every day for the past week havings at least a little fun.. even if it is just wanderings in the Frostfell Wonderland makings reindeer and handing out presentses.

But I hope everyone has a great holiday with your friends and loved ones if you can, and if not.. then with your EQII friends and family and I hopes to sees you all during this Frostfell. And if you sees me or one of the others, just says hi and asks for a little Frostfell cheer.

Old 12-31-2010, 04:30 AM   #49
DrkVsr

Loremaster

Was nice to meet you the other day Squeecha, can't remember which character you turned into a reindeer (probably mah pally as no illusion works for her seeing how she is mounted SMILEY), ah would have chatted but ah never chat on that machine (only use it when main machine is playing up)

Kilitty: Kemplar of the 30th Order, Gods of Najena
Zabisuto Zyhopic: Guktassin of 27th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock
Tralgarth: Trollsionist of the 28th Order, SoG on Butcherblock {2nd on Server}
Blacqphlag Killzphast: Arserker of the 20th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock
Hwalgren N`Gareen: Faeden of the 20th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock
Reynes: Wooden Mule of the 7th Order, Spirits of Glencoe on Butcherblock

You can kill me, but you will not stop me
Ah can be killed, but ah will not die!
DrkVsr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 02:00 AM   #50
Mairliana

Senior Guide

*bounces in singing Frostfell songs at the top of her lungs* Oops... perhaps I should quiet down just a little for those of you who are sleeping at this late hour! But I can't help it! I'm really excited about this upcoming event and I just HAD to come share with you all! On January 12th 2011, some of those citizens on the Isle of Mara who live in the Village of Shin will be holding a talent competition around 7pm PST! So prepare an act whether it be a poem, a song, a skit or something else and come on down to join in! Be creative! The competition will only be open to the first 20 contestants so if you plan on joining in the fun watch for an in game message and arrive promptly. *grins*
Old 01-12-2011, 11:18 AM   #51
Zemura

Guide

I wanted to share some fun I recently had with the good people of Unrest, just before the Frostfell Wonderland Village closed shop for the year. I was wandering around the Wonderland Village, with my magical candy cane, and made a small herd of magic reindeer! We had a nice parade around the village, and ice skated together, and then we took a nice group photo before going back to thier adventuring:

Old 01-12-2011, 11:21 AM   #52
Zemura

Guide

I have a little Ratonga friend named Poetia, and she's quite famous in the Ratonga world for her poems about cheese! Well, recently there's been a shortage of her favorite snack, and she's run out of ideas! If you're in East Freeport this Thursday 1/13 around 7am PST, maybe you can help her out with some ideas of your own, I'm sure she'll be so happy she just may share some of her prized possessions with you!

Old 01-16-2011, 10:59 PM   #53
Thornrose

Guide

Hear ye, hear ye! Kelethin's Airborne division, the Fae Gliders, will be recruiting Wednesday, January 19th, at 5PM PT!

Captain Jomn Ripchord has been dismayed lately by the declining enrollment in the elite military squad, the Fae Gliders. Known for their lighting-quick ability to glide into battle at the most opportune time, they were instrumental in turning the tide of many important battles. Alas, their numbers have been dwindling of late, and the Captain is determined to change that.Hmmm, how better to attract brave, young Fae to his force than by combining sport gliding with beer drinking? After all, nobody knows when the enemy will attack next; and when they do, it's quite likely that many of the Fae Gliders will be bending their elbows at the nearest pub. The ability to perform precision military maneuvers while intoxicated is absolutely essential!

Any member of a winged race, level 1-5 (or chronomaged to this level) is welcome to compete. (Those with ornamental wings will not be accepted.) Are you up to the challenge?

SWAT
Old 01-26-2011, 08:17 PM   #54
Mairliana

Senior Guide

*wanders in aimlessly lost in thought about a dragon who may have eaten her roses*

Oh! I almost forgot! I heard those Marans are throwing a party again and are looking for anyone with talent to come show it off at 5:30 pm PST tonight (01/26/2011)! Contestants will be limited to 20 acts so better act quickly!

Old 02-08-2011, 04:16 PM   #55
Squeecha

Senior Guide

Well, the Unrest Guides is hosting a little get-together and party so that alls of you can meets us, and vice versa.

This Thursday, February 10th, at around 7PM Pacific time, we'll be opening up our home for all of the Unrest folks to come visit and has a little fun.

We'll be making an announcement in the chat channels when we is all ready for visitors. If we gets ready early, we will definitely lets everyone know.

There wills be a bar, but it's not open, so brings your own ale money.

Old 02-19-2011, 01:19 AM   #56
Mairliana

Senior Guide

Young Man Eaten by Gnolls … Almost by Vellum The'ReporterAssociated Norrathian Press

While passing through the great gate from Antonica into the Thundering Steppes this Reporter happened upon a mussed-up little female gnome crying piteously and pleading for help. She was sitting on the path, ringing her hands and fretting. Of course, I ran right up to her just as a rather rowdy crowd of roving adventurers surrounded her.

Fitting my Tinkertronic Ink Creator and Shaper over a sheet of parchment, I was about to ask the girl, whose name turned out to be Elzabet if something awful… eh… I mean if something had happened, when she burst out "Nosfeg! Where are you? Are you all right? Someone? Anyone? Please help me!" Followed by "My poor Nosfeg! I hope he's okay!"

While I was wondering what kind of person would be named Nose-feg, several of the crowd rudely pushed me aside to get closer to Elzabet as she begin telling her story. Apparently this Nosfeg, described as handsome and promising a picnic had taken her to a beach, with who knows what real intentions. Before anything happened however, they were set upon by gnolls! The girl looked faint when one of the crowd suggested that the gnolls might have eaten him already. In an excess of newsy enthusiasm, this Reporter burst out "Did they? Did they eat him? What a great headline!" Unfortunately this earned me a menacing glance from the young girl who vehemently denied this possibility, without any evidence that I could discern. Although she said Nosfeg had told her to do it, it was apparent she'd just run away to save herself, with little apparent thought for her lover's safety. She was now hoping this unruly crowd would save him for her.

Urging them on she said, "Our picnic was going to be on the western beach - it's so pretty and romantic! So he's probably still near there." Though she lacked this Reporter's ability to tell a well crafted tale, the crowd still agreed to help her. Most of them refused to be interviewed about their motivations for joining the search, even implying that this Reporter was just being nosey. Imagine! With reporterly persistence, I was able to find out that at least one of them was a professional necromancer! Not really a professional I would want hunting for my beloved. And in fact I did hear the girl mumble under her breath that she hoped these adventurers weren't going to kill her love when they found him. Not a very auspicious way to start this search!

But start it finally did. I'd hoped to find out some more information as we proceeded along. But Elzabet, who somewhat suspiciously refused to answer any questions, kept getting lost and talking incessantly about how wonderful this Nosfeg was. She was completely oblivious to the fact that all around her the band of "rescuers" was slaughtering everything that moved! Many completely harmless animals, and sentient creatures as well were casually, wantonly killed! Though sickened by the slaughter, with the public's right to know uppermost in my mind, I pressed on with the group.

Just as even these ruffians began to lose patience, we stumbled, quite by accident I am sure, upon the "wonderful and handsome" Nosfeg. Imagine this Reporter's surprise when he turned out to be a stumpy little gnome, quite dirty, a bit smelly and barely covered by his clothing!

Though it defies reason, it has to be admitted that Elzabet and Nosfeg seemed genuinely happy to find each other safe and well. He almost immediately dropped to his knees, pulled out a ring (worth an amount he refused to disclose) and asked Elzabet to marry him. Unsurprisingly she said yes. They were getting quite affectionate when they remembered that they were surrounded by a large crowd of their rescuers - some of whom seemed to be eyeing the engagement ring with a great deal of interest. Suddenly realizing the ruffians might not have been helping them out of the goodness of their hearts, the two young lovers offered what they had - the leftovers from their picnic. As you can imagine most of the adventurers left soon after this. This Reporter heard some things she dare not repeat in a family newspaper about the "rewards" they'd received. I must admit the slice of cake I was somewhat grudgingly given was quite good, if a little squashed from its sojourn in Nosfeg's backpack.

As I was trying to interview Nosfeg about his experiences with the gnolls, one of the rescuers who had, up to this point pretended to concern and happiness at the engagement suddenly turned on us - all of us! He assumed his true form, a huge golden dragon, and emitted a low rumble and then a roar at Nosfeg!

Reacting, as she no doubt had with the gnolls, Elzabet took a few steps back and began shrieking - likely the reason Nosfeg told her to run when they were attacked by the gnolls - anything to get her to be quiet! My own reaction, though verbally no more than a quiet "My goodness," also involved taking a few steps back.

The enormous dragon turned it piercing eyes on us and said, "Now that everyone is gone, it's time to eat you three!"

"Dear, I believe we should get while the getting is good. Don't you?" Nosfeg whispered. Elzabet agreed, from her hiding spot behind him, "It does seem very dangerous here all of a sudden."

For once this Reporter agreed with her. Nosfeg took his love by the hand and scooted. No consideration for me, of course, nevertheless I was close behind.

The last thing we heard as we ran into the safety of Thundermist Village was the dragon's frustrated shout, "You can't run!"

The dragon was wrong! We could, we did. And this Reporter survived the incredible dangers to write this story for you, the readers of our journal.

Oh, and the two little gnomes did get married, and they will, I suspect, live happily ever after.

Old 02-23-2011, 06:59 PM   #57
Squeecha

Senior Guide

It seems there's a lot of folkses hanging around this new places called Velious.. or is it old places?.....

And apparantly they is being looked to for help and other things by the inhabitants of them lands. For example, I understands that there a clan of Dwarves that like to hang out in Outer Kael and boast about their giant hunting prowess.

If you have a chance, you might stop by Outer Kael this evening (2/23) around 5 PM Pacific time and have a look.....

... assuming of course you have what it takes to get there.

Old 03-07-2011, 08:50 PM   #58
Thornrose

Guide

For those of you up for a challenge, I have heard rumours that the Stormshield clan, descendants of the mighty hunter Krag Stormshield,  is challenging the greatest of heroes to enter the great Kromzek city of Kael Drakkel in the new land of Velious and find certain areas that up until now have been only family legends to them!

If you are interested, and brave enough, venture to the great steps in front of Kael Drakkel tonight, Monday 3/7 or tomorrow 3/8 around 5PM Pacific time.

Disclaimer: Always remember no one can guarantee that Coldains will be anywhere at any time, but I'm sure they will try.

SWAT
Old 03-22-2011, 07:01 PM   #59
Thornrose

Guide

Thursday 3/24 is going to be a busy day:

There may be someone in need of help with a romantic feast in Kelethin around 2:30PM PT, as well as riddles aplenty for one and all again in Kelethin around 9:30PM PT.

Around 5PM PT be on the lookout for a young gnome female looking for helping finding her lost beloved in Thundering Steppes.

There may be someone playing zone-wide hide and seek in Antonica around 6PM PT as well as a unique race again in Antonica around 10PM PT.

And be on the lookout for some folks who may not seem quite the same as you and me, unless of course, we are a bit insane! Thursday, 3/24 around 10:45PM PT.

Disclaimer: Always remember no one can guarantee that Real Life TM will not interfere with the best laid plans in Norrath.  

SWAT
Old 03-28-2011, 09:07 PM   #60
Thornrose

Guide

Another week filled with challenges and fun.

3/29/1112am PT  Someone may be out looking for help gathering berries in Thundering Steppes4pm PT    Or you might want to try to help a young girl trying to reconstruct a family heirloom in Antonica5pm PT    The Stormshields will be challenging all comers to explore Kael Drakkel in Outer Kael6pm PT    Like riddles? Here's your chance to answer some in Kelethin

3/30/114pm PT      More members of the Stormshield clan will be out offering their challenge in Outer Kael5:15pm PT Riddle and riddling. This time in New Halas 3/31/11 1pm PT   A game of hide and seek may be going on in the Commonlands 

Disclaimer: Always remember no one can guarantee that Real Life TM will not interfere with the best laid plans in Norrath.  

SWAT