EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chaos Descending Beta > Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-19-2018, 12:17 AM   #31
Kaitheel

Developer

The following changes to quests in this zone should be included with tomorrow's Beta update:
  • Between a Flock and a Hard Place - Quest journal text has been corrected.
  • An Air Apparent: A Fragment of Solidified Lightning - Quest is now marked as repeatable.
  • An Air Apparent: A Stratus Cloud - Quest is now marked as repeatable.
  • An Air Apparent: A Cirrus Cloud - Quest is now marked as repeatable.
~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 03:42 PM   #32
Sigrdrifa

the window is coded for UTC-8, so I am unclear as why é isn't displayed, but I am certain it's gakking on the high ASCII character.
Old 10-22-2018, 04:02 PM   #33
Chrol

Developer

Should be fixed with the next update. Thanks!
Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 08:44 PM   #34
olleran

The small letter * e with acute * in Herald of Xochen etc shows up as a rectangular box in the threatlistwindow
Old 10-26-2018, 09:45 PM   #35
Sigrdrifa

Quest: All the Flight Moves
Questgiver: Nidinoff

I'm in The Bixel Hive on the step where you click aethersteel chests. I saw one and was headed towards it when someone else clicked it and poof, it was gone. This may end up being a bottleneck if we're competing for the same seven chests.

The chests do respawn, but perhaps consider adding a few more chest locations?
Old 10-26-2018, 11:15 PM   #36
Sigrdrifa

Quest: All the Flight Moves
Questgiver: Nidinoff

The dagger quest reward has wrong art, it's showing a fist instead of a dagger
  • aITEM 871686676 -375145211 0 0 0:[Blessed Aethersteel Dagger]/a
The fist quest reward probably has the wrong art, it's showing a fiery fist, but it probably should have the graphic that the Blessed Aethersteel Dagger is presently showing.
  • aITEM -355038849 -710061485 0 0 0:[Blessed Aethersteel Wristblade]/a
The Blessed Aethersteel Broadsword is essentially a great spear and probably should be called "Blessed Aethersteel Great Spear" -- it's a two-handed piercing weapon. It also has the exact same graphic as the Blessed Aethersteel Sabre.
  • aITEM 2127419424 -1706338077 0 0 0:[Blessed Aethersteel Broadsword]/a
The Blessed Aethersteel Sabre is a two-handed slashing weapon. Sabres are one-handed, so this probably should be called something like "Blessed Aethersteel Greatsword".
  • aITEM -2061871201 598105881 0 0 0:[Blessed Aethersteel Sabre]/a
[IMG]
Old 10-27-2018, 02:40 AM   #37
Sigrdrifa

Quest: Elements of Sky [Solo]

Shouldn't the location category also have [Solo] ?

[IMG]
Old 10-28-2018, 06:08 AM   #38
Neroflop

Quest: The Air Necessities
Step: Gather air scintilla from servitor of air

They are just not dropping Kaitheel... we have been at this for almost half an hour, still at 6/8, here is the log showing our record.

https://imgur.com/a/pE93p7V

PS. was farming them with 2 people, killed all on top and bottom.... took 29 minutes to complete.... thats a bit long IMHO

PPS: at this point it almost feels like they just need to be 100% drop, otherwise, it may take several hours to get all 8 updates when 10-20 people are all hunting these things... I dont see why we need to prove our RNG luck to the quest giver... he is clearly interested in seeing that we can kill a few of them Tongue
Old 10-28-2018, 07:37 AM   #39
Neroflop

It feels like you guys are trying too hard to draw these overland quests out. i just ran the ones for Eryslai and running the ones for Vegarlson now, and im noticing the following pattern for the quests that is making them unnecessarily long (and not really all that fun.

1. Fly an excessive distance talk to an NPC and then come all the way back.
2. Go get 12 uncommon quest updates form a mob. (kill 2x3 times of that mob to actually get said updates).
3. Gather 10 things from chests/vases/whatever that may or may not actually be there (chests), and may or may not actually give you the update (vases).

All of these things combine to make the quests extensively long and tedious, especially if you happen to have bad RNG, have other players competing for updates, etc. please consider making the updates common drops and reducing the number of updates needed to progress the quests.

I'm guessing i dont need to post this in all 4 topics for the 4 overland zones, as this doesn't just apply to Eryslai.
Old 10-29-2018, 01:39 AM   #40
Kaitheel

Developer

I didn't get these changes submitted in time for tomorrow's Beta update, but they should be included with Tuesday's (10/30) Beta update:
  • The Blessed Aethersteel Dagger - Art is right, Changed name to "Blessed Aethersteel Blade".
  • The Blessed Aethersteel Wristblade - Correct style of weapon, but wrong art. I changed fire to air.
  • The Blessed Aethersteel Broadsword - Changed art and name to "Blessed Aethersteel Great Spear".
  • The Blessed Aethersteel Sabre - Changed name to "Blessed Aethersteel Greatsword".
~ Kaitheel
Old 10-29-2018, 08:12 AM   #41
Cyrrena

I actually got more from the Servitor of Air than from the Greater Servitor of Air. This was prior to the update that increased the chance of a drop. And I have now seen the message that it failed to drop. Thank you Kaitheel.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:31 AM   #42
Alenna

well they must have fixed it now it is hard to find any chests after the first 7 or 8 and still no lamp
Alenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2018, 01:35 AM   #43
Alenna

am I supposed to have the lamp after opening 7 chests? looks like i'm bugged becuaes it is telling me ot look for more and not showing the number I already have after the 7.I've bee on this particular part of quest for an hour and no lamp in site no more chests either. it has been 1/2 hour since I found my last chest this is not a quest for a causual player with little time to play.
Old 11-02-2018, 01:48 AM   #44
Alenna

if this quest is for casual players it ins' tworking right an hour on one quest is to long.
Old 11-02-2018, 06:38 PM   #45
Kaitheel

Developer

I just confirmed the quest is functioning, Alenna. When the quest journal says, "Open aethersteel chests in search of the lamp" you will have 7 chests to open through out the entire hive, as you observed.

Then, the journal updates to say, "I mustn't give up. Open more aethersteel chests in search of the lamp." At which point you will have to find one more chest, near the queensguard.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-02-2018, 10:43 PM   #46
Sigrdrifa

Quest: The Air Necessities

The drop rate of scintillae seems much improved. I appear to be the only one running around in Eryslai at the moment, so I can't tell if the respawn rate of the servitors is going to handle the rush when the expansion launches or not.
Old 11-07-2018, 06:56 AM   #47
Sigrdrifa

Quest: Origins of Air

I found everything except "a topiary mistform". I think I've been all over the zone, but I have never seen anything smilar...
Old 11-07-2018, 12:46 PM   #48
Xianthia

I'll be on beta later today, and planning to re-run the catalogue quests. I was able to finish this book as well as the other six (seven finished catalogue quests) without problems. I did notice on some mobs if they weren't up I had to kill others to spawn them.

Pestilence is the only book that was bugged.
I am planning on re-running them to check pestilence as that fix is incoming and want to check if made it in.
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 03:37 PM   #49
Xianthia

Look up into the canopy of trees.
Old 11-07-2018, 04:18 PM   #50
Sigrdrifa

Looking at my Achievements last night, I noticed that there's an achievement for doing all eight of the cataloging quests. I swear, I went over the whole library twice last night and looked HARD, but I only turned up seven collection quests and two collections. The achievement lists these:
  • Origins of Air
  • Origins of Ash
  • Origins of Disease
  • Origins of Earth
  • Origins of Fire
  • Origins of Pestilence
  • Origins of Soil
  • Origins of Wind (not found)
I'm surprised there aren't a pair of water books in there as well.

The quest doesn't say it's repeatable in my journal, but my understanding from Beta forums is that these will be repeatable daily?
Old 11-07-2018, 04:19 PM   #51
Sigrdrifa

I will send Sigrdrifa to Kelethin today to engage the services of Trundo Flutterwing so we can do a little tracking! That was going to be my next step.
Old 11-07-2018, 04:19 PM   #52
Xianthia

Per Chrol, repeatable hourly.
also 376 -5 -94 for Origins of Wind.
Old 11-07-2018, 04:22 PM   #53
Xianthia

I should add that I got Elemental Planes Harvests for one of the cataloguing quests and it was a nice surprise. All these little touches to round out the experience. I like it!