EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chaos Descending Beta > Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-21-2018, 02:42 AM   #91
Sigrdrifa

Again, why are you using a low DPS earth pet? The lockbox gear is only a little worse than HANDCRAFTED, and within the first day, people will be able to make HANDCRAFTED and MASTERCRAFTED. Upgrade your armor.

That's ridiculous. Players on their first toon have had a year to improve their skills. If you mean they JUST started a new toon and are brand new to EQ2, they need to be working on their Ascension before they come to Myrist in the first place. They need their Tome of the Planes. They need at least expert spells. They need adorns.

If that's true, they need to run overland solo missions and kill overland nameds for better armor then. When I started PoP, I had to run solos for a while before I could get geared up for heroics, like pretty much everybody else. The PoP questline actually FORCED you to go through the solos before you could get into heroics.
Old 10-21-2018, 03:25 AM   #92
Darcmoon

I use the earth pet because it is a TANKING pet. It is supposed to be able to take hits and hold agro. While in the overland zones and the solo's he does exactly that. There is no reason whatsoever that he shouldn't be able to do that in the Isle of Vul. As for getting gear that people make, I almost never buy anything from the broker because of the prices.

Players on their main may have had a year to work on their skills but that doesn't mean that they have them all at expert. And telling someone that they need to stop, work on their Ascension spells, get the Tome, get adorns and expert out all their spells is like me saying that you have to wait to go into the new expansion for another year after it releases just because. They won't do that. They want to get to max level and get the latest gear. Even if they did every timeline before they get to the current expansion they aren't going to stop for a year.

I don't know why you are bringing heroics into this however. This discussion is NOT about doing heroic content before solos. I am talking about the main questline for the expansion. The entire thing up to the point of the Isle of Vul has been solo. The solo dungeons have had heroic mobs but you also have the Font of Power buff to compensate for that. I did the entire PoP main questline without having to be geared for heroics. I just needed to use the gear that dropped or was given to me during the quests to finish it.
Old 10-21-2018, 03:46 AM   #93
Sigrdrifa

The reality is that the tank pet is inferior for pretty much everything. Try the scout pet. The things in that instance were dying with one shot of Crystal Blast. And the mobs are far enough apart that you can pull one at a time. If you get more than one, Etherflash or other AOE Ascension.

Go and harvest, then ask for a crafter to help you or /who all tailor 110 etc. Be prepared to provide any rares, cover the cost of fuel, and tip at least 4x the fuel cost. The Crafting channel is helpful.

And its tuned for people wearing the armor from Tishan's Lockbox, and upgrades you get along the way.
Old 10-21-2018, 01:48 PM   #94
Khimaira

Elements of Destruction: Planes of Disorder
Vegarlson: Ruins of Rathe

Got to the Najena fight. Built the ice bridge to the portal. Entered and teleported back to zone entrance...escaped to Myrist...and...quest is stuck on Lady Najena is attacking me! I must defend myself.

Zoned back in, found the ice bridge thinking I had to keep fighting Najena but she had despawned. I have the tectonic fragment in my inventory but Maelin doesn't recognize I have it.

Edit: tracked her back to her spawn point and looks like she reset. Ice bridge is still there. Fought her again and this time quest updated.

Suggestion: Keep the portal inactive even if the bridge is complete (maybe with some sort of message like "Najena isn't quite done with you yet!") until Najena tells you to go. I didn't realize just escaping wasn't enough and that you had to keep hitting her until she gets fed up. Smile
Old 10-21-2018, 02:36 PM   #95
Khimaira

Elements of Destruction: Shadow Casting in the Dark
Plane of Justice: Eternal Prisons

With Wizard (Resolve 960): Balgros is unkillable. Yes, I can do damage but even with Ascensions he kills me before I am even close to killing him.

Oh, I don't know if this is as it should be but Fount of Power was not active in this zone and could not be cast manually either.
Old 10-21-2018, 05:19 PM   #96
Lewyr

Signature Quest Reward - Bugged item

Choice for my Illy was Shield (Secondary) or Poker (Off hand) - I chose poker

It will not equip in my secondary slot - also tried primary and ranged just in case to no avail.

Not sure if my secondary slot just does not recognize the item type of "off hand: It was a valid "highlighted usable mage" option

Thank you
Old 10-21-2018, 05:37 PM   #97
Sigrdrifa

My paladin did not get the Fount of Power buff when I brought her to beta and beta buffed her to 110, and she can't kill certain things either. Seems like the instances are definitely tuned expecting you to have Fount of Power.
Old 10-21-2018, 06:33 PM   #98
Chrol

Developer

The spell should have been scribed in your spell book when you zoned into Myrist. Was that not the case?
Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 06:46 PM   #99
Chrol

Developer

It will be there on live.
Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:09 PM   #100
Sigrdrifa

Good news, the Silver Runes of Obeisance are showing up in the middle of the Main Stacks where we placed them now. They still have no texture.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:43 AM   #101
Leed

Elements of Destruction: Gusts of Order

I don't know if it's just raw chance, bad luck or what, but I finished the zone and was at 16 of 19 gusts. I went back, scoured the zone (Eryslai: The Midnight Aerie) and ended up getting it to 18 out of 19 gusts with every mob I could find dead. I ran around a few more times, used escape, and couldn't find another mob to try to get the 19th.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:49 AM   #102
Kaitheel

Developer

It is just luck with a random chance at getting the loot. And as such, there is a chance that you'll have to do the zone more than once to get enough drops. This is the case with all of the __ of Order quests.

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 12:50 AM   #103
Kaitheel

Developer

Tomorrow's beta update should include the following signature quest changes:
  • Elements of Destruction: Pure Adventure - One can now restart the icecrete fight even after the zone has reset, or rejoin the icecrete fight even after they have left the zone.
  • Elements of Destruction: Planes of Disorder - One can now restart the Najena fight even after the zone has reset, or rejoin the Najena fight even after they have left the zone.
  • Elements of Destruction: Face the Chaos - "Eye of the Vegerog" is a new reward option for priests and mages. "Inferno, the Pyreiron Poker" is now a secondary equipment slot item.
~ Kaitheel
Old 10-22-2018, 02:44 AM   #104
Leed

Even after finishing the signature line the 'a purified conflagration of earth' / fire / air / water remain clickable in Myrist. Clicking them doesn't seem to do anything though.
Old 10-22-2018, 08:28 AM   #105
Sigrdrifa

It was not the case. I had already beta buffed, but I got a second bauble and did it again, and then I got Fount of Power.
Old 10-22-2018, 12:46 PM   #106
Moorefallen

As of last night 10/22/2018 The sig line reward Poker says "off hand" , the first one I got says "one handed" if this is as intended please disregard.
Old 10-22-2018, 04:33 PM   #107
olleran

Elements of Destruction : Gusts of Order

Have run this 3 times now , last time was yesterday.

2 / 3 time I did not get enough ephemeral gusts, Yesterday was an all time low , with only 9 ephemeral gusts from doing the zone up to spawning the rainbow
Old 10-22-2018, 05:44 PM   #108
Kaaheel

The poker is no longer able to be used by a Mage, as it is now a Scout item. Where can I turn it in to get the appropriate Mage reward?
Old 10-22-2018, 09:30 PM   #109
Katzandra

Elements of Destruction: Waves of Order

Thanks for the group update on the onzolan crystals! However, we only got 17/19 and had to reset the zone to finish this bit. This would be really annoying on a live server having to wait to redo the zone!

Actually it was pretty annoying even in beta to have to redo the whole zone to get to the tripearl we had to purify!
Katzandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 10:06 PM   #110
Sigrdrifa

I think that the zone should be set so that the drops are frequent enough to ALWAYS get you the number needed for the quest. I don't care if that means outlying mobs respawn, or if the drop is made 1 kill = 1 drop, or what. It does make me cranky to head into a zone with a clear objective and fail that objective. This feels like failure.
Old 10-23-2018, 12:09 AM   #111
Kaitheel

Developer

Tomorrow's Beta update should include the following change:
  • Elements of Destruction: Starpyre's Flames - The Silver Runes of Obeisance are now only known as Runes of Obeisance.
~ Kaitheel
Old 10-24-2018, 02:10 AM   #112
Kaitheel

Developer

A couple more changes headed your way with tomorrow's Beta update:
  • The Plane of Justice: Eternal Prisons now also commits the instance upon items gathered or doors opened.
  • Elements of Destruction: _ of Order - The purified conflagrations are no longer clickable since they had no reason to be.
~ Kaitheel
Old 10-24-2018, 02:31 AM   #113
Kaitheel

Developer

You had missed another requirement to activate the Fires of Knowledge. To help alleviate confusion I've added some messaging to the brazier.

~ Kaitheel
Old 10-24-2018, 05:04 PM   #114
poj2

I was on the Lady Najena fight and was working on Cinderstench. He was around 75% and Bhoohghar cast verdict on him, which took him to 1%. He then died. I went back to killing Najena, got her to 7% or so and Bhoohghar again cast verdict, taking her to 1%. She gave the message 'You will regret your actions this day, pet. This I promise!' and then I got a message 'This encounter will no longer give encounter rewards.' but the quest updated.

The encounter breaks if you die and Bhoohghar gets Najena down to 5%.
Old 10-24-2018, 10:42 PM   #115
Khimaira

Isle of Vul: Bellengere's Dark Spire

While playing a Fury:
Vul adherents and, to a lesser extent savage grathoks, are more formidable than Fathad Zastim (who is difficult enough). They seem overpowered - not sure how someone without heals can survive them. I cycled through my ascension spells, constantly healing, until they died.

After being obliterated by the first adherent, I revived, avoided them and killed Fathad. Got the Shadow Gem but could not destroy the barrier. If killing all the mobs is necessary, perhaps having some sort of textual feedback given upon approaching the barrier since given the adherents' strength, it seems like the player should avoid them.

Killing 3 of the 4 grathoks gave enough goo to destroy the barrier into the tower. Ignored the 4th, killed the shadowmen, climbed the tower, removed barrier, started conversation with Bellengere...and the 4th grathok aggroed from outside the tower (who then ran in and attacked).

Plane of Justice: Eternal Prison

While playing a Fury:
Balgros was killed by my Fury but seems was too damage resistant / tough. Was a very long, drawn out, slug fest. As above, not sure how classes without heals can defeat him.
Old 10-25-2018, 02:14 AM   #116
cellinaire

Agree, Guardian with 1017 resolve still stands no chance against Balgros(tried different ascension/skill rotations to no avail). This is sig content where both Fount buff and mercs are disabled(and no heal support) he should be beatable at least... Wink
cellinaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 04:11 AM   #117
Edward Steeleye

Also can't advance past Balgros. I'm a swashbuckler can barely make a dent in him before he kills me. My wife was able to kill him as a Templar she said she didn't see how a non healer was gonna be able to kill him. I'm sure some have but I don't see how a casually geared(Solo/Advanced Solo, Quest and PQ gear)player is gonna get thru him.
Old 10-25-2018, 04:56 AM   #118
Mermut

Elements of Destruciton: Gusts of Order

Eryslai; The Midnight Aerie

Still having trouble getting enough ephemeral gusts on a single run
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2018, 01:47 PM   #119
Argonath

I have been having issues with Balgros as well. As an illusionist I'm both quishy and minimal damage outside of ascensions. I tried multiple times and best I got him down to was like 50% by burning all my ascensions. Can get one health potion off but that only briefly delays the inevitable.

With no merc or ability to have another player with you;I'm assuming this is one of those "I'm the hero I must go alone" moments; this seems like an impossible fight as is for quishy/low dps people. For record I did the fight in gear from live and then changed it out for a mix of the new free gear and quest/solo dropped stuff. End result was the same no matter what I wore.
Old 10-26-2018, 03:30 AM   #120
Yado

Balgros is impossible on my Coercer, I can get him to 97% before I am dead. My necro was able to kill Balgros, but is stuck in the Vul part. Forced solos seem to be very difficult if not impossible even in the scaling test gear. I have had no problem with toons I have copied over with and without test gear but are well geared on live. The nec and coercer I have been running through the quest lines I copied over from Fallen Gate.