EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-16-2017, 05:42 PM   #1
Caith

Developer

Please provide any feedback or bugs for level 101 to 110 Woodworker recipes here. Please be as descriptive as possible when describing bugs with functionality.
Caith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 09:58 PM   #2
Hot_Rod

How do we get to 101 to start testing when (post today's patch) it still takes 174 million xp to get to 101? (or as someone else calculated, over 5000 writs!) Finally got my woodworker into beta, got the books but can't do more than read them.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:56 AM   #3
Mercychalice

arrow and cross bolt itemization seems a bit off.
[IMG]

Could just be cause not 110 yet to see difference. But still looks a lil low.
Mercychalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 01:53 AM   #4
Niami DenMother

The level 100 woodworker writs now give decent xp and you can level to 101. However, once you ding to level 101, you can no longer receive that level 100 writ. Instead you are offered a "level 110" writ that displays as difficulty level 106, which is a similar pattern to other classes, even when they're asking for level 101 items. However, the woodworker one asks for recipes you don't have at level 101. This leaves you (currently) stuck at 101 with no sane leveling path until it is patched. /bug was submitted with the writ info.

Meanwhile, 200 fuel for a rare combine? Owie! (The two level 101 combines work just fine, FYI, just wincing at the current fuel listings)
Niami DenMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 01:56 AM   #5
Elowith

Where are the level 100 writs?
Elowith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 03:01 AM   #6
Niami DenMother

Rush order NPCs ... crafting societies should offer them, and I know the guildhall rush order npcs are updated with them.
Old 10-21-2017, 03:07 AM   #7
Niami DenMother

At this point, I am unsure if the writ is to blame, or the recipe books for woodworker. Smile Level 101 only has 1 recipe in the essentials book, level 102 has 7 ... etc
Old 10-21-2017, 10:52 PM   #8
Sejreia

Lmao! Entwood Staff of Spirit in Essentials 105 has an icon of a Hairbrush Tongue
(~sorry, I'm easily entertained haha!)

p.s. In the same vol., Entwood Staff of Frenzy's icon is a throwing hammer, but not as funny Cool
Old 10-23-2017, 11:58 PM   #9
Niami DenMother

Woodworkers! You CAN level past 101. When you hit 101 and the new rush order asks for stuff not in the 101 book, swap over to (untimed) level 100 writs until you level into the right books. This is just a temporary thing, but it'll get the eager woodworkers into the leveling conga line. BigGrin
Old 10-24-2017, 12:47 AM   #10
Niami DenMother

The amount of resources/fuel needed seems high for a mere 50 arrows. Shouldn't the handcrafted ones yield 200, and the rares should be more?
Old 10-24-2017, 07:49 AM   #11
Sejreia

Think you've hit on something here. Just got to consuming this book, Advanced Woodworker 102, tonight because of your post about how we can level past 101! Smile

Anyway, I went to craft the contents right after, as I normally do, and I couldn't craft the Rubicite Spear of Rage which is listed as a recipe. My log said I learned it, I have screenshots that it's in the book, and all info displays just as normal. It's just not there. I queried rubicite, spear, and rage and no go. Not that woodworkers have crafted Spears anyway. It must go in with Weaponsmith's recipe book and got flipwazzled somehow. I haven't checked the essentials yet, time for bed and server's going down.
Old 10-24-2017, 11:15 PM   #12
Sejreia

Ok, same result for Advanced Woodworker 104 and with the item; Rubicite Spear of Frenzy. Consumed the book, examined thoroughly and all information displays normally. It's not a weapon a WW makes and it is not available to make at the woodworking table.
Thank you! Smile

{I'm adding the following information, from my experience, in attempt to further help those to understand more the information Niami has so graciously given us on leveling woodworking past Lv. 101. After leveling to 102, using the Work Orders, I found I had to continue this way to 103. Level 102 to 103 was quite difficult, but there's a light at the end of the tunnel! BigGrin Once you hit 103 you can craft 2 of the 3 writs. Any writ listing a bow, trash it and grab until you get one without it (that bow is learned at Lv. 104) Once at 103, doing this, it's super smooth sailing in comparison!}
Old 10-25-2017, 02:14 AM   #13
Sejreia

Add Rubicite Spear of Force in Advanced Woodworker Vol. 105; Consumed the book, examined thoroughly and all information displays normally (though, icon looks like an epee). It's not a weapon a WW makes and it is not available to make when I try at the woodworking table.
Old 10-25-2017, 02:54 AM   #14
Sejreia

Add Etherium Spear of Force in Woodworker Essential Vol. 106, this time essentials; Consumed the book, examined thoroughly and all information displays normally. It's not a weapon a WW makes and it is not available to make when I try at the woodworking table.
Old 10-25-2017, 03:16 AM   #15
Sionx

It didn't strike me at first but then I noticed that the technique is actually metalworking, the fuel is coal, and it requires the forge, not the Woodworking table. It's interesting that the new crafting requires different stations and makes me wonder whether there is something about the new TS line that includes these crossovers.
Old 10-25-2017, 04:15 AM   #16
Sejreia

Woodworker Essentials Vol. 107 Has two spears that follow the same issues I've posted above; Etherium Spear of Frenzy and Etherium Spear of rage. To note, also, without these 2, level 107 woodworking only has 1 Recipe for their Essential and 1 recipe for their Advanced.
...and I'm done for the night, thanks!
Old 10-25-2017, 04:30 AM   #17
Sejreia

oh God... you're right @Sionx
~stares blankly~
well thanks for waking me up Oops

Ok well Disregard ALL my posts here ..p..l..e..a..s..e..
Old 10-25-2017, 07:51 PM   #18
Niami DenMother

It sounds more like an error than anything else. Woodworker recipes would NOT be using metalworking for their recipes, as they'd be using level 10 reaction arts on level 100+ combines. So, either the spear recipes belong to weaponsmith and they ended up in the wrong class's books, or they belong to woodworker, and they need some fixing as to equipment and skill used. BigGrin Make sure to /bug the individual recipe names, please.
Old 10-28-2017, 09:14 PM   #19
Niami DenMother

Recipes for crossbow bolts that are below level 110 will be needed. We get the claimed crossbow at 100, and both the handcrafted and mastercrafted bolts are level 110. Frown The yields on handcrafted bolts and arrows needs to be increased to match other tiers as well.
Old 11-02-2017, 06:55 PM   #20
Alenna

/bug it this has happened before
Alenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 12:22 AM   #21
Niami DenMother

Ok, here's a quick summary of things I see for myself and this thread for Caith:

• Arrows (both handcrafted and mastercrafted) yield 50, when in past tiers, they yield 200 for handcrafted and 500 for rare
  • Spear recipes are in the woodworker books, but they require metalworking skill on the forge - which would make them weaponsmith recipes. I'm all for giving the woodworkers spears, since our recipe count is a bit sparse, but they'd need to be fletching technique on the woodworking table.
  • Crossbow bolts have the same yield questions as arrows AND we need recipes for at least level 100 bolts (we only have for 110), for those who get their /claim crossbow at 100. Perhaps we could add another bolt recipe to the 101 essentials book so there's more than one recipe in it? BigGrin
  • The level 110 rush orders cannot be completed at level 101 or 102. At 102, we have to delete half of the rush orders in order to find ones that we can do. The level 100 rush orders disappear as an option from the rush order NPC option when you hit 101. As a short-term workaround, can you make those level 100 rush orders stick around for woodworkers so they can do rush orders like the rest? Then repeat this for weaponsmiths as well?
  • What about a new tier of totems? Are they simply delayed, like the alchemist consumables (poisons and potions) are?
  • Cosmetic: Icons for various items are a bit askew - the entwood staff of spirit is a hairbrush, the (possibly mis-classed rubicite spear of force) uses a rapier icon, entwood wand of frenzy uses a spear icon.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:18 PM   #22
Alenna

really 50 fuel to make a stack 200 arrows when earlier tiers only used max 5? for 50 fuel we ought to get 2000 arrows just use the 5 fuel that other tiers have and we can sue the mass production to make more. and while you are at the change make srue that the other ammo you took from us to give to the weaponsmith gives the same yield especially the shuriken that was the problem in past couple of expansion you only gave 100 shuriken while all other ammo yielded 200. plus the fuel cost of all other items is way out of line as well 15 for ranged and one handers and 30 for 2 handers? to do the rush writs ased on teh one we have for now we need either 4p5g for the one that has us make 3 two handers and 3 ranged/one handers. and 5p 40g for the one where we need to make 6 2 handers to break even much less make a little profit off of it we aren't asking for much profit from writ but what we have been getting.

how are the other tradeskills doing with this.

this is one of the reasons we need a dedicated tradeskill developer one who understands the crafting community.
Old 11-06-2017, 05:21 PM   #23
Alenna

along with the low yield for arrows it costs more in fuel for less. 50 fuel which meansd 3g per arrow. when it used to use 5 fuel for 200 which was about 4s or less
Old 11-06-2017, 05:31 PM   #24
Alenna

Old 11-08-2017, 12:23 PM   #25
Arieva

The Twark recipes for crossbow bolts (all of em) don't make crossbow bolts..they make arrows. Did one combine of a common version to verify and all have arrow as the result description..not bolts.
Arieva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2017, 10:38 PM   #26
Alenna

you need to tweak the coins gained per writ I just did a rush writ for the woodworker

had to do
3 entwood staff of force
3 entwood staff of spirit
got back1p 5g back at end of each staff order and 50g at turn in which should should mean 2p 60g or at least the pop ups showed that.
problem 1. staffs are 2 handers they cost 30 fuel at 3g apiece which is a cost of 2p 70g for each part of the order and you only give us back 1p 5g. so no we are not getting cost back with what you are giving us. I would not break even with what you planned to give us(math error)
problem 2. when I sold back the remaining fuel I found I lost 4P which is more then the math says I lost.(this is probably a coding issue)

btw ranged/one handers take 15 fuel apiece which is 1p 35g for making 3 of them. so when you do a writ with 3 staff(twohander) and 3 wands it costs us 4p 5g for a net loss of 1p 45g(math error)
Old 11-10-2017, 08:18 AM   #27
Niami DenMother

Woodworker recipes still need a pass-through for ingredients. Example - Some of the heartwood recipes are taking 30 sandpaper, some are taking 200.

Cosmetic - "Bug" Icon now showing in recipe book for several items. Heartwood staff of energy, heartwood spear of force, heartwood spear of energy, heartwood spear of rage, heartwood staff of spirit, heartwood staff of frenzy, heartwood staff of rage,

There are no wooden 1HB weapons in the woodworker lineup - is this intentional?
Old 11-12-2017, 01:29 AM   #28
Niami DenMother

The "heartwood flight crossbow bolt" needs a stat check. The stats are lower than the handcrafted version, and over 300 less damage than the other heartwood bolts. (Examining with a level 110, so it isn't a scaling issue)
Old 11-12-2017, 10:10 PM   #29
Alenna

arrows are still giving less yield for more mats and fuel
Old 11-20-2017, 02:35 AM   #30
Alenna

good on finaly fixing the stats on the arrows but the yield is still wrong for the ammo. You are having us use more materials and fuel per combine the previous tiers and giving us less yield then the other tiers. Logic should tell you that More material and fuel used should yield more ammo not less.

Naomi has already reported the stat discrepancy in teh crossbow bolts.