EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-04-2017, 06:04 PM   #61
Nelie

[IMG]

Using the priest shield as an example for this discussion. I do feel though every choice there was, there is not a good decision for ANY class that has their epic 2.0 and Ethereal shield from the ToT-KA/30 Quests signature reward.

The only thing good about the Stained Buckler compared to the ethereal shield is that it has more main stats, more CB and Potency, and a difference of 9 resolve. Personally, I do not think that warrants losing out on 150% CB overcap and 5% fevor proc.

I know this is beta and this "may or may not" change", but just giving my feedback on the current reward as is. I currently would rather use the ethereal shield and take the loss of stats rather than take a loss of 150% CB overcap.
Nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 06:32 PM   #62
Scrappyz

Yeah.. really disappointed at the way the reward stands now. Unless it gets changed between now and launch or when it hits live, there's no point in using it
Old 11-05-2017, 05:52 AM   #63
Arieva

+1 to feedback that the reward for doing all 3 factions and sig line really needs to be a direct upgrade to the KA offhand item to make it worthwhile. My feeling is that with the faction grinds to get all 3 this reward will be infinitely more time consuming on live than the KA offhand achievement was to get, yet the rewards I've seen linked as they stand now are subpar. I suspect they are in an unfinished state but wanted to at least say somethinig. Whats more a mage that just finished the achievement said there is NO ITEM even offered that can go in a mages offhand. We can't duel wield and anyone with epic 2.0 isn't going to replace it...so that definitely needs to be addressed.
Arieva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 08:18 PM   #64
olleran

Not sure if this is the right sub forum to post this in .

Planar Adornment of Blocking
8% Block
Primary Secondary Chest

Only fits in Chest slot
Old 11-06-2017, 12:39 AM   #65
semisus

Yes id hate to loose 150 cb overcap as well! Can you perhaps make a orange with this effect so we can put into new shields?
Also on new items i do not see any fervor overcap? can we perhaps get this on raid items? the 3 pr t4 items adds up.
Old 11-06-2017, 10:31 AM   #66
maxximum

You've probably already discovered this by now, but the sig reward is upgradable to a 35 resolve item at the status vendor in colliseum.
Old 11-06-2017, 03:04 PM   #67
Mermut

I'm not seeing any items that you can trade the reward in for a better one...
I see one you can buy with status, plat and instance tokens.. but nothing that actually allows us to 'upgrade' the mostly worthless sig line/factions finished reward.
And, again, it's just got plain stats.. AND it has a pittance of ab mod and casting speed on it.. so there is nothing to reforge all he excess cb into.
The loss of 150 over cap cb is worth more, stat-wise, then a few hundred pot. Unless a toon requires the resolve to survive a particular zone, the KA ethereal secondary still gives more bang for the buck.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 04:02 PM   #68
maxximum

Costs 20 of the new tokens, which we can't earn yet, 200k status and 1k plat. From Amarat the Procurer in Coliseum. The item you linked from the last expac was earned exactly the same way iirc.

[IMG]

Edit, just realised you're referring to the same one. Judging by the gear I've seen already, it's not going to be the big jump it was from ToT to KA gear-wise.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:19 PM   #69
Scrappyz

Either way, the point being.. without the fervor proc(or any proc for that matter) or the cb overcap. It's not worth using as is
Old 11-06-2017, 11:53 PM   #70
Fyreflyte

Developer

It's beta. We haven't added the effects to this item yet.
Fyreflyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 01:25 PM   #71
Leedsen

ahh, thats good news, now I hope i didn't already turn it into crossbow fodder....
Old 11-09-2017, 11:02 AM   #72
Earar

Don't know where to talk about that.

but APPEARANCE ???

could armor from different instances look different ?
plane of disease armor have another look than plane of magic and bastion of thunder ?

at least color ?

and epic armors feel more epic ?

T1 different than T2 and 3 ?

give people who like appearance a bone to chew ?
Old 11-11-2017, 10:39 AM   #73
Succulent

I am wondering why heroic dropped armor is tiered and has a level of 104 but yet the master crafted armor is at level 105, this is making the heroic gear unable to use the new planar white adorns as they are level 105
Succulent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 10:06 PM   #74
Alenna

The Crafted arrows stats are still lower then KA expansion stats. they need to be higher when is it going to be fixed.
Alenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:46 PM   #75
maxximum

Quest reward from solo zone, resolve looks wrong:

[IMG]
Old 11-13-2017, 04:40 PM   #76
Mermut

That is not PoP gear. KA solo gear has 7 resolve.
Old 11-14-2017, 12:43 AM   #77
Fyreflyte

Developer

Mission rewards were not fully hooked up when they went into beta. I was finishing up the tables and still had several of the crates linking to KA tables. Correct gear should now be dropping from all the missions (as of last patch), so let me know if you see any out of place items from this point on.
Old 11-14-2017, 04:49 AM   #78
maxximum

Dropped as a mission quest reward from one of the new zones.
Old 11-14-2017, 05:19 AM   #79
Gninja

Developer

I think what Fyreflyte is saying is that those quests/missions still had placeholder rewards hooked up because the new ones hadn't been made yet.
Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 03:23 AM   #80
maxximum

Reward from solo instance expert collection isn't worth it if you have ethereal cloak, or any cloak with double cast on it. I'm already capped at casting speed into doublecast and it's a lot of work to complete the collection. Can we at least have something comparable with doublecast on it please?

[IMG]
Old 11-17-2017, 10:30 PM   #81
GuMeshow

Never understood why, since KA, cloaks and belts with Casting Skills (Disruption, etc) almost all have only Flurry and no Doublecast (DC) while same slots with weapon skills almost all have only DC and no Flurry (not that it matters).

At this point, Flurry's value is almost worthless since it only affects extremely weak auto-attacks (except for a couple classes) and is easily capped anyway because it is prevalent on all accessory slots (all my decently geared characters have over 100% Flurry without even trying, my Fury is at 170% in KA >.<).

DC is much harder to get from what I have seen this xpac, affects all offensive spells (ascensions too) and is being mitigated by PoP mobs (Heroics 40-60-80%, Raid mobs even more) ... These 2 slots with no DC will only be Salvage / Transmute fodder unless you give them Weapon Skills AND either upgrade auto-attacks significantly + reduce / remove Flurry from other slots (to make it hard to get to 100% cap) OR make an interesting Flurry overcap conversion (we need more of those >.>).

Having DC or not on a cloak or belt is only an illusion of choice and is an awful way to try and differentiate them when it can easily be done with green skill stats. Speaking of green stats, I see the once forgotten Aggression and Ordination are making a comeback ... My suggestions to Itemization for green stats :

- Increase the skill stats to at least KA T1 Heroic level (457) on cloaks and belts.
- Tank type: Aggression, Parry, Defense and Deflection, significantly more health, Mitigation or Block or both with lower values.
- Melee type: Weapon skills, Ministration and Ordination, no tank type stats.
- Caster type: Disruption, Subjugation, Focus, Ministration and Ordination, no tank type stats.

NB: I put Ministration and Ordination on Melee type too since not all healers are caster types. I know Ordination (buff / debuff) is not healer specific but why restrict it to caster type items? This simple change could help make my buffs / debuffs a bit less useless.

All that being said, I like that the 3 item types defined through green stats (not just cloaks) are on the same level for potency and by tier. Since there is no more class restrictions on accessories, this might decrease the number of people rolling on tank gear because it has 50 more Potency only to get rid of it soon after o_O Also makes it clear that if it has more Resolve then the item really is an upgrade. There are soo many people chasing max resolve over all else in KA trying to run Expert Heroics with 10k pot its not even funny.

Blue stats would probably get me over the character limit for a single post so I'll leave it that for now.

Gumetrope, caster in chainmail since Thalumbra.
GuMeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 01:35 AM   #82
Mermut

Subjugation is the debuff skill... Ministration is completely useless.. all it does is (very minimally) reduce power cost of beneficial spells. As far as I can tell, ordination also has no useful effect in combat.
Old 11-18-2017, 05:03 AM   #83
Scrappyz

Probably should go read the tooltips again.. Sub is pet controlling/charming of mobs.. Ordination is buffs/debuffs
Old 11-18-2017, 06:02 AM   #84
knine

Warden with that pet.. better get the correct stat up lol.. because you're on the wrong track Smile
knine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2017, 10:08 AM   #85
Mermut

Summoned pets don't require skills to control. As far as charming? Never bothered with that on my warden unless it was required for a strat.

I guess I think of subjugation as debuff since the only real debuff wardens have is on their group root.. which dings up subjugation.
Old 11-21-2017, 08:39 AM   #86
Fyreflyte

Developer

No cloak at that level is going to compete with the stats on the ethereal cloak - it's already using PoP level values, and has additional overcap stats. I have added a second reward option for that collection, however, that includes doublecast in its stat set.
Old 11-26-2017, 07:50 PM   #87
Oldegreg

So it sounds like the ethereal cloak is still going to be BIS for a while into the expansion