EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-27-2017, 10:13 AM   #1
Mermut

The number of times I've died because I've forgotten to turn on the Fount of Power is already frustrating.
Could this either
1) Truely be an always on buff that the zones it is not supposed to apply to disables
2) Be automatically applied to zones it IS supposed to be used in
3) be removed entirely and the 'solo' zone be replaced with zones that toons can actually do in the gear they have without an hugely artificial boost

I'm sure there are other options to abate the annoyance of this ability.. but those are the only ones I can come up with off the top of my head when it's late and I'm frustrated dealing with bugs and then dying because of the Fount of Power.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 03:06 AM   #2
Hypozeuxis

I'm pretty sure I have died more times to forgetting this clicky that everything else combined - including the dreaded lag monster.
Old 10-30-2017, 03:28 PM   #3
Malahk

I die once every zone....average at least 20 times a day.
Old 10-31-2017, 12:31 AM   #4
Mermut

Further note:
This is a group buff.. so it knocks off other group member's version if you're running solo/duo zones with multiple people.
This can cause confusion.. and panic Wink when one person sees their button is inactive and casts it.. domino effect...
It also causes problems.. if people spread out the people w/o the buff die.. because 'their' buff isn't on and they're out of range of the other person's buff.
Old 10-31-2017, 03:59 AM   #5
Eyenstein

The range on the buff needs to be increased. There are times when my friend will run off to get a shiny and the buff will drop off one or the other person depending on who clicked the buff 2nd. ~50m is not a large enough gap.
Old 10-31-2017, 06:08 AM   #6
Mermut

Simply making both/all applicable, but not stackable, at the same time would prevent the out of range issues that occur since only once person's CAN be active at once.
If only one person does have it... well. the person without it should know to stay close to the person who is keeping them alive Wink
Old 11-03-2017, 01:47 AM   #7
Mermut

On a related note.. Fount of Power says that player cannot be interupted by movement... jumping, however, DOES interrupt spell casting.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:29 AM   #8
Hypozeuxis

THe "only one person in a group is ALLOWED to have the buff at a time" where another person using it will toggle off each others' buff, has the net effect of punishing group where the additional members are actual players moving independently, rather than mercs or just put on follow.

Having the buff be maintainable by everyone but not stacking, or having a range of 200m (enough to get from end to end of the longer rooms in Solusek Ro's tower, would help.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:32 AM   #9
Mermut

There are strats, like So'Valiz, where the players SHOULD separate to do the strat effectively. The room distance is so far that whoever is getting the buff from the other person is likely to die because they get out of range.

Making it so both (all) players can have the buff on would make many things much smoother.
Old 11-03-2017, 10:13 AM   #10
Nelie

I guess I just don't understand why it is a group buff. Why can't it be a self only buff?
Nelie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 01:32 AM   #11
Mermut

I can guess at least two reasons
1) mercs
2) since the zones are account-wide unlocks, some people may not do the first 2 sig line quest in order to GET the buff. Making it a group buff allows people to... shepard... such alts in the solo/duo zones.
Old 11-04-2017, 11:49 AM   #12
Raenius

Yes, definitely need to have this stack if you are duoing something - running oor might cause a death.