EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-02-2017, 01:47 AM   #181
Kaitheel

Developer

I've got a few more bug fixes coming to the signature line with the next Beta update:
  • Legacy of Power: Through Storms and Mists - Giving Karana the reformed Staff of The Rainkeeper now updates for the group.
  • Legacy of Power: Secrets in an Arcane Land - Crafting the "Esoteran Reading Stone" now only requires one Ignus Manaflare.
You all keep finding more issues than I can handle in a single day. It's great! Thank you so much for this help!

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 02:14 PM   #182
Karsa

ugh
Legacy of Power: Glimpse of the Hereother

Id guess - An item that crossed over to into this time stream, find a topless chest full of gold in the Pakiat Bluffs area. The update could be hard to see shiny on top of the chest or on the ground next to books.

the search for item is painful, giving me 'flashbacks' to access to Poets Palace quests. Increase how quickly this item respawns.
Karsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 02:21 PM   #183
Bardonio

how is this search painful in any way? There are a handful of platforms to search in the Bluffs. It's very shiny even on low setting graphics ( i tested on extreme performance and extreme quality settings). My guess would be that youre not getting the update as fast as you would like. Looking for 3 minutes and not finding the update does not equal to "search for item is painful". The one fact I would agree with in your post is the comment regarding Poet's Palace quests being quite painful back when that content were relevant. Keep searching and I can guarantee you will find your "ding". Besides, why are you rushing? The signature line cannot be completed yet anyway.
Old 11-02-2017, 02:34 PM   #184
Mandoblast

I think the point of "painful" in this instance is referring to what this will be like on live with everyone searching for an update that is "camped", respawns slowly, and will likely be a roadblock finishing the sig line in its current state.

I think the point of these posts is to provide helpful feedback. I for one also believe that this update will be painful in its current state. I do not care about rushing through the sig on Beta, but will care quite a bit on launch.
Old 11-02-2017, 03:37 PM   #185
Karsa

No I've spent about an hour, over 2 days, looking at gold piles and pillows with my graphics turned all way up. IMO searching for an item that takes longer 30 min is painful and yes I'm in a hurry there is a lot Beta content to test, from the sig quest, ascension abilities, solo/ duo/ heroic dungeons, trade-skill receipes, and spending 1 hour or more being stuck on one part of a quest is frustrating for limits the amount time that I can use on the aforementioned areas. So I voiced my feedback which is what this forum for.
Old 11-02-2017, 03:39 PM   #186
Karsa

DITTO ^^^^^^^
Old 11-02-2017, 04:49 PM   #187
Chillispike

i'll upload a screenshot to the wiki of the "glass shard" Smile that you are looking for that can be found near the chests and pillows.
It only has the size of a foot, but okish to find.
Old 11-02-2017, 05:56 PM   #188
Bardonio

painful. Video game. Come on. Beta isn’t relying on just you. I’m sure the live version will go on with or without your “voice”. Every bit helps though right? Thanks for sharing and hopefully you find this update that eludes you. I could help but I’ll just be repeating myself. Good luck buddy. FYI search all the platforms in the bluffs. Maybe it’s bugged? Do /bug maybe that could help? Maybe others are having the same issue. Hopefully it works out for you Karsa.
Old 11-02-2017, 07:19 PM   #189
Chillispike

I updated Legacy of Power: Glimpse of the Hereother with a screenshot of "An item that crossed over to into this timestream"

[IMG]
Old 11-03-2017, 02:31 AM   #190
Kaitheel

Developer

I was able to get through quite a few serious issues today. These bug fixes to the signature line should be coming to Beta with the next update:
  • Legacy of Power: An Innovative Approach - Everyone can now loot the Ancient Clockwork Hand, even if they are not on the quest.
  • Legacy of Power: An Innovative Approach - Ancient Clockwork Hand will no longer be removed from player's inventory if quest is deleted.
  • Legacy of Power: An Innovative Approach - After defeating the erratic clockwork the Waste Duct grate is automatically unlocked, but now speaking with him will open the Waste Duct grate, too.
  • Legacy of Power: An Innovative Approach - Everyone can now see and speak with Meldrath the Marvelous after defeating the Glitched Cell Keeper, even if they are not on the quest.
  • Legacy of Power: Realm of the Plaguebringer - Primordial Malice are now actors until Felkruk is slain.
  • Legacy of Power: Realm of the Plaguebringer - High Dragoon V'Aliar and his encounter now are possible quest targets on the step "Defeat Primordial Malice around Last House Crypts"
  • Legacy of Power: Realm of the Plaguebringer - Quest updates will now accomodate having slain High Dragoon V'Aliar while on the step "Defeat Primordial Malice around Last House Crypts"
  • Legacy of Power: Glimpse of the Hereother - The Pendant of the Elder Scrykin has been given a new appearance and is much easier to see.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-03-2017, 02:32 AM   #191
Kaitheel

Developer

Just in time for me to change it to something easier to see. Sorry about that, Chillispike.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-03-2017, 02:53 AM   #192
Kaitheel

Developer

The Primordial Malice up there should be appropriate for the zone now. I believe this was fixed yesterday, so it should be on Beta now, but if it isn't... it'll be there with the next update.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-03-2017, 02:57 AM   #193
Kaitheel

Developer

Good catch! Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-03-2017, 12:55 PM   #194
Chillispike

Thank you very much for this info! Smile
Old 11-03-2017, 07:51 PM   #195
Ghost

Legacy of power through storms and mist

Quest: Legacy of power through storms and mist
Quest Giver : Klodsag
Zone : Torden, Bastion of Thunder: Tower Breach [Solo]

Text error : is that supposed to be roil or roll --> Then you must restore his staff! With it he commands the storms to roil,

maybe roil is the correct word ,it just seemed odd
Old 11-03-2017, 09:31 PM   #196
Xianthia

I hope these are the mobs I've posted about, they are horrible. Hopefully I can proceed on the quest some more! Thank you Smile
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 09:48 PM   #197
Alenna

Never mind apparently i just have to keep killing the mobs and looking to see if I get the component nothing telling me that i have the right mob or when i have teh component it is one of those quest sigh.
Alenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 11:11 PM   #198
Xianthia

Really loving the look of these solo zones.
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 12:52 AM   #199
Kaitheel

Developer

I have another bug fix for the signature line that should be coming. Chrol and I have been working on it for a while, so some of you may be interested to know with the next Beta update:
  • Legacy of Power: Tyrant's Throne - The Molten Throne is now available!
~ Kaitheel
Old 11-04-2017, 01:22 AM   #200
Uncle

HAppy Dance
Uncle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 01:22 AM   #201
Mermut

*goes looking for an extra large can of bug spray to take into the zone* Tongue
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 03:29 AM   #202
Ruckus

Legacy of Power: Through Storms and Mists. Duoed this solo zone with a friend (because swashy/healer merc can't do it either). Two mobs at the top of the towers Auliffe Chaoswind and Gaukr Sandstorm are impossible for us. Mobs hit too hard. DPS bringing them down to 50% if we're lucky. And yes, I'm kiting and slowing the mob and doing ranged dps as I run in a big circle.

Done testing this until it's toned down a notch. Have better things to do with my weekend than this.
Ruckus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 07:53 AM   #203
Niami DenMother

Legacy of Power: Realm of the Plaguebringer
Plane of Disease: Outbreak [Solo]
"Search for the entrance to the Crypt of Decay"

I killed the 12 Primordial Malice, continued on down the path to the fork, and took the left fork. I pulled my first bubonian "yard trash" and he called 2 friends and they called 2 friends, and so on until I had a veritable dogpile on me. I'd guess my merc and I (108 warden and Zhugrus, since I can't /claim a better merc on this non-copy) died when there were about 16 on us. (We'd killed several.) On try 2, I body pulled another and pulled a trio WAYYYYY back, looked up and saw the entire remainder of the bubonians charging towards me.

I read that they were supposed to add on a named, if you didn't clear them, but apparently I am missing something since I'm not to the named yet, and I don't see how to get less of them with how amazing their hearing seems to be. BigGrin

My current process, at least until the server goes down in another hour is to kill several while also healing like a madwoman, evac. Wait for the evac timer to refresh (7-1/2 minutes), rinse and repeat/
Niami DenMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:21 AM   #204
Arieva

Enjoyed the visuals on the molten throne, good job. Was worth the wait i thought!
Arieva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 10:45 AM   #205
Toxlas

Firstly, I feel a little uncomfortable when EQ Legend The Denmother starts talking about killin' stuff! Like my lovely gran stats discussing the best machine gun to buy... No!
Secondly, this looks like a class disparity. I'm using a beta buffed zerk with a Stampy merc, no /claiming for this guy. I run around gathering up the yard trash and wait til I've got them all before blasting the to smithereens. I leave Stampy on back off but he doesn't need to heal much, the buff takes care of most it.
Old 11-04-2017, 02:19 PM   #206
Godelpus

So I finished 96 quests and reached 50k with all 3 factions, then completed the Molten Throne zone to finish the signature line; or so I thought. It seems there are 97 quests and I missed the very last one of the Pakiat line "Reflection of Recollection", so no achievement and hence no completion. (I did Pakiat second, so faction is now -50k).

Unless I'm mistaken the only way I can now complete this is by grinding Pakiat faction back to 50k; this means 125 repeatable quests on live!! I'm sure this wasn't the intention, so I think some safeguards need to be put in place with regards to the 4 required achievements to prevent people falling into the same predicament. Particularly important as new and returning players are most likely to fall for this and then be totally demoralised.

PS. Any chance of a dev "fixing" my faction so I can claim the Djinn reward on live Smile)
Old 11-04-2017, 03:04 PM   #207
Chillispike

Typo in the "Fount of Power" Buff
It says:
Your connection to the Fount of Power prevents your spells from being interupted and allows you to siphon planar energy into your abilities.

but it should be (interrupted):
Your connection to the Fount of Power prevents your spells from being interrupted and allows you to siphon planar energy into your abilities.
Old 11-04-2017, 03:07 PM   #208
Chillispike

They intend to add a kind of save minimum or so, once you reached 50k you can't fall below +20k faction. that was in a dev post somewhere in the beta forum.
Old 11-04-2017, 03:20 PM   #209
Masax

For those finding the sig line too hard, I started the sig line with my Sk, at 30k pot and 411 resolve from a mix of expert, epic, and etheral cloak and belt.
First few fights were slow and reminded me of the start of KA, went back to the beta merchant and swapped out a couple slot and infused till I was at 35k pot, at this point I flew thru all the quests, the fights became my normal gather all trash and aoe down.
The only problem I had was when a lift bugged on me after level 4 of the tower, but Chorl was on and appeared like a god to get it working while I was still there and I went on to complete, big big Thank You again.
Cant wait to see the final zone added.
So bottom line if you are having trouble use the gear and plat provided to get your stats up and keep trying.
Old 11-04-2017, 03:40 PM   #210
Reaktor

I really liked the ending of the sig line, should there be a zone out from the Molten Throne though? I couldn't find one.
Reaktor is offline   Reply With Quote