EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-16-2017, 05:46 PM   #1
Caith

Developer

Please provide any feedback or bugs for level 101 to 110 Provisioner recipes here. Please be as descriptive as possible when describing bugs with functionality.
Caith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 12:41 AM   #2
Mercychalice

I see no advanced drink in any of the recipes.
Mercychalice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 03:49 AM   #3
Niami DenMother

"Snack Time" Writ - you can be asked for the same item twice (double "tappas" for me), and every combine updates both steps (so you only have to do 3 combines for completion instead of 5)
Niami DenMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 03:53 AM   #4
Niami DenMother

Level 102 "Gua-bao" has no level requirement on it. Is that intentional? BigGrin
Old 10-21-2017, 05:42 AM   #5
Kuulei

Confirmed, I got the double "Tapas" recipe about 10 times going from level 101-110
Kuulei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 05:49 AM   #6
Kuulei

It is a snack, that gives you an additional boost (it does not overwrite current food / drink). All the snacks currently have no level requirement and I am unsure if it is indeed intentional.
Old 10-21-2017, 06:02 AM   #7
Kuulei

This is the only recipe in ITEM -2053635566 441215138:Advanced Provisioner Volume 110
ITEM -487451116 984863811 0 0 0:Matron's Cobbler
Also this recipe requires a harvested rare ITEM -726813558 2081996503 0 0 0:matron's heart
and only makes 1 food, is this intentional?
Old 10-22-2017, 06:27 PM   #8
Raenarys

Ditto on Matron's Cobbler, I would expect this to produce several items not just 1 item.
And agree on the lack of advanced drink.

Snacks don't fit in the Food/Drink containers. Please update containers to hold snacks as well?
Old 10-23-2017, 02:36 PM   #9
Materfarmer

Honestly I think this is the best implementation of food/drink ever. The foods actually have some flexibility in the buff packages and the + to all attributes is so much better then the current attribute divisions
Materfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 08:29 PM   #10
BuddyT

Snacks, love the idea, execution seems to have missed something.

The level 101 provisioner book provides the Tapas recipe for a 15% hate gain snack that lasts 33 minutes and requires 10, 8, 6 and 4 of its respective ingredients and 15 fuel to make a stack of 6.

The level 107 book makes a snack called Arrowroot that has the same 15% hate gain, the same 6 per stack, but lasts only 11 minutes and requires 50, 40, 30 and 20 of its respective ingredients and 80 fuel.

This pattern appears to hold true for all the snacks, the lower level versions last longer and require less ingredients but are otherwise identical. Guessing this isn't intentional.
Old 10-24-2017, 10:07 AM   #11
Toxlas

Doing 110 rush job writ Snack Time - calls for 18 Houska and 18 Totopo. Quest updates say you make Mycelial Whiskey and Truffle Martini
Old 10-24-2017, 10:13 AM   #12
Toxlas

The Snack Time writ calling for Houska and Tapas updates as Mycelial Whiskey & Mycelial Brew
Also, I think the plural for Tapas is Tapas, not Tapases ("you have made 6 Tapases"). If you wanted to get technical the singular is Tapa in Spanish
Old 10-24-2017, 10:31 AM   #13
Toxlas

The plural for Totopo is Totopos not Totopoes
Old 10-24-2017, 09:11 PM   #14
Dotuming

Some very odd interactions going on with the new food and drink. For example when I have on last tier food and drink (Victornut butter tart and strategists smoothie) and then consume the new rare food (matrons cobbler) I end up with 2 meals and no drink buffs. I can then use a new tier drink (Tincture of the Storm) to overwrite the new meal buff so it ends up as a drink buff again.

Its a bit hard nailing down any more info since we cannot currently cancel the food and drink buffs.
Old 10-30-2017, 04:34 AM   #15
Mermut

The food stacks (aside from the rare where 1 super rare makes a single food o_O) each combine only makes 6.
For years now, provisioner combines have made stacks of 20. Additionally, all of the rare food combines have used a single rare to make a stack of 100 food/drink.
Making food drink 6 at a time is tedious.. it will also never yield a 'clean' stack of 100. the stack will always end up short or there will be extras.
Given the extreme rarity of rare food harvests, a single food/drink from each rare is excessively punishing. I can understand not a full stack. But the older rare food/drink has a 30 minute duration with combines yielding 100. That is 50hrs of food/drink per super rare compared to 6hrs with the current set-up

Additionally, the single rare combine, making the single food, takes 200 fuel and 300 normal harvests. That seems unbalanced at all levels.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 05:30 PM   #16
Anatha

Just noticed that the 110 stuff is all drink. No food even though it looks like it should be food. Our guild provisioner put some in our depot and I was grabbing some for my sage/inqui. This needs to be looked at so all the 6 hour stuff is labeled correctly as either food or drink.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:57 PM   #17
Niami DenMother

It'd be good to list out names for him of the ones labeled as the wrong type. I'm not in game now, but will get a list later if nobody beats me to it.
Old 11-01-2017, 08:31 AM   #18
Mermut

Based on the names of the items, these, all currently labeled as drinks, should be food
Fried Nightmare
Jerk Talpidae
Breaded Cichlid
Stormwrought Casserole
Roast Talpidae
Stormwrought Stew
Greatmole Sandwich
Stormwrought Twist

Additionally, though all are labeled drink, they all give health regen, and not power regen...
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 02:18 PM   #19
Sejreia

[IMG]
Ditto, love these also, will help in balancing effort, I think. Another example in the same Recipe Books (except the the Arrowroot Buddy talks of and Jaffa are found in Provisioner Essentials Vol. 106). The Houska Vol. 1 and Chabaika Vol. 6 suffer the same:

Old 11-03-2017, 03:01 PM   #20
Sejreia

***(ran out of edit time)The Houska Vol. 101 and Chabaika Vol. 106 suffer the same:

The Gua-Bao Vol.102 and Fairy Bread Vol. 107
The Ada Vol. 103 and Atole Vol. 108
The Nanaimo Bar Vol. 105 and Dolma Vol. 110
The Khandvi Vol. 105 and Tejuino Vol. 110,
all suffer the same.
Thank you! Smile
Old 11-04-2017, 07:40 AM   #21
Taled

I've only pushed to 104, but I've noticed that other than all of the 'food' being marked as drinks, it also has no duration so it does not provide a buff or any stats.
Old 11-04-2017, 06:41 PM   #22
Sejreia

@Taled
You're exactly right! and this is why those that are, get used up immediately. Took my Wizzy out to plane of magic and suited her up to start the Adventuring side of things. My log repeated saying I consumed a Jerk Talpidae as soon as I landed on the ground they were all gone. Went to go make my old drink as was recommended and a few more of the new to test and that's what I found; Duration 0 seconds for those all listed above.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:01 AM   #23
Niami DenMother

Just a quick summary of questions/issues for Caith when he can surface for air:

• snacks don't fit in the food/drink depot
  • broker search will need to be updated with a "snacks" item type
  • yields are only 6 on the handcrafted food and drink, while the Twark recipes yielded 10 on pristine
  • Yield on the mastercrafted Matron's Cobbler is only 1. Yes, the duration is much longer than we've had for rare food/drink in past tiers, but going from a yield of 50 on the old stuff, to a yield of 1 per rare still seems ... wrong, unless the matron's heart is going to be more common than food/drink ultr-rare harvests normally are.
  • Is there going to be a mastercrafted drink?

The following foods need to have their type changed from Drink to Food, and a duration added:
  • Fried Nightmare
  • Jerk Talpidae
  • Breaded Cichlid
  • Stormwrought Casserole
  • Roast Talpidae
  • Stormwrought Stew
  • Greatmole Sandwich
  • Stormwrought Twist
Old 11-05-2017, 06:13 AM   #24
Niami DenMother

I've been told the snacks are flipflopped, too, with the higher level higher ingredient count versions of snacks having the same stats and less duration than the ones lower in the tier. I'll get the names into a nice clumped summary tomorrow-ish.
Old 11-06-2017, 12:31 AM   #25
Caith

Developer

I hadn't balanced the short duration snacks yet, they currently just had carbon copies of the long duration ones. The short duration snacks have the correct component count (I know it seems weird, it's for economy reasons), but they have a higher buff, or at least will shortly.
Caith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 03:57 PM   #26
Elowith

I presume this is noted somewhere, but so much to read through - autoconsuming the matron's cobbler 'eats' them all and an equal amount of your drink.
Elowith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 03:49 PM   #27
Anatha

Have the new foods that are labeled incorrectly as drinks been fixed yet?
Old 11-11-2017, 09:29 PM   #28
Niami DenMother

They're still labeled as drinks with no duration.
Old 11-17-2017, 08:38 AM   #29
Niami DenMother

The foods are now foods. If someone has some spare time, could they eyeball them, please? Thanks!
Old 11-17-2017, 08:47 AM   #30
Niami DenMother

On a quick scan, here's some of the things that look a bit ... off

• Matron's Cobbler - the quantities of materials needed for this item are still very askew, especially for a yield 10 item. (And 10 still seems low for something made with an ultra-rare harvest.). It is also using the wrong fuel (requesting celestial filament instead of celestial kindling.)
  • Will there be a rare drink as well?
  • Resource quantities on the following need checking as they and the fuel amounts seem awry:
    • Arrowroot
    • Chebakia
    • Jaffa
    • Fairy Bread
    • Atole
    • Dolma
    • Tejuino